Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct 10:12 - Feb 27 with 2081 viewsNorthantsHoop

Now Chair is out, Gareth needs to consider a more direct style from the back and get Martin to nod down long balls, as we are too slow through defence and midfield. Need Lowe to play tighter alongside Martin so he can run onto knock ons etc. Thought Martin had a good game generally on Saturday won a lot of balls, but we are so deep and slow to get forward nobody on hand to help him.
Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 10:21 - Feb 27 with 2038 viewsloftboy

Who would you play off him? Lowe or Armstrong?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 10:29 - Feb 27 with 1996 viewsozexile

I thought he done well too. I agree get the ball as far away from our goal as possible.
Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 10:30 - Feb 27 with 1986 viewsbosh67

Martin is at least a target man who will give 100% so we should look to actually find him and as you say, keep players around him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 10:59 - Feb 27 with 1894 viewsAntti_Heinola

it worked ok first half when Chair and Tim got near him, and he laid it off well.

Second half, sorry, not so good. The guy cannot run. I remember when my child was a baby, our cat used to play this game. It would sit and wait for him to crawl over, wounded soldier-style, and then just as the baby got there to have a pet or stroke of the cat, the cat would trot off, look back and wait for the baby to catch up again. Repeat all the way up the corridor. It was hilarious. I was reminded of it when watching Blackburn's defence playing keep ball with Martin in the second half.

Bare bones.

Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 11:09 - Feb 27 with 1867 viewsNorthantsHoop

Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 10:59 - Feb 27 by Antti_Heinola

it worked ok first half when Chair and Tim got near him, and he laid it off well.

Second half, sorry, not so good. The guy cannot run. I remember when my child was a baby, our cat used to play this game. It would sit and wait for him to crawl over, wounded soldier-style, and then just as the baby got there to have a pet or stroke of the cat, the cat would trot off, look back and wait for the baby to catch up again. Repeat all the way up the corridor. It was hilarious. I was reminded of it when watching Blackburn's defence playing keep ball with Martin in the second half.

Bit harsh on Martin, he looks a better target man than Dykes, can control the ball a lot better and being a bit bulkier can throw himself around a bit. Get Armstrong in as well to feed off Martin, might be what we need.
The trick is to get ahead in the first 45 mins and mix it up a bit when the team is fresh, he needs to be used early on and through to early 2nd half. Gareth and his coaches have got to work on the whole teams fitness as they all look lethargic.
Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 11:16 - Feb 27 with 1820 viewsNorthantsHoop

Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 10:21 - Feb 27 by loftboy

Play both if possible, Armstrong can buldoze his way through defenders we have seen him do it. Lowe can drift right or left of Martin and Armstrong. Prefer to have Johanson and Field alongside each other in the middle with Johanson pushing forward and Field more defensive midfield. Try a 3:4:3 formation if Chair is out.
Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 11:17 - Feb 27 with 1816 viewsHarbour

The one thing I noticed about Martin on Saturday he was constantly in the refs face which is a bit of a change for rangers others including Chair appeared to be joining in. Despite the disappointment of the performance and result it did look like Ainsworth was putting a bit more bite into the team. There was definitely more robust challenges being made than the Sunderland game. So more effort and attitude but still lacking quality and making basic errors.
Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 14:17 - Feb 27 with 1561 viewsTheChef

Would love to get Armstrong involved in some way, probably best off the bench. But isn't he still injured?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 15:38 - Feb 27 with 1462 viewsconnell10

Chris Martin Doing Well - Need to Go Direct on 10:21 - Feb 27 by loftboy

Well Lowe looked to to me like he didn't want to be here on Saturday , played like a tart ...so for me Armstrong.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024