Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long does Ainsworth get? 11:52 - Apr 2 with 22974 views1JD

- 5 defeats in the opening 6 games.
- A football style that is borderline unwatchable.
- Losses to R’ham, Blackpool, Brum, Wigan.
- Rambling interviews that have same sentences that contradict.
- A decision to radically change the style of play, at a critical juncture, that doesn’t fit the players one bit.

To be frank, I’ve never witnessed such a squad-manager mismatch, and I find the appointment unfathomable on so many levels. A great man, for sure. But never in a million years is this a good fit.

Critchley had 12 games. Ainsworth, by the season end, will have had 13 games.

I’m not sure the players believe in Ainsworth. His methods and philosophies are alien to them. Never been an advocate for a rapid change, but the situation has become absolutely dire. Does the club need to act now to give us a fighting chance? As it stands, we are going down.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 11:56 - Apr 2 with 9305 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I hadn't seen much of Wycombe but the Birmingham game was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Feel sorry for him as it's a poisoned chalice but it's not looking good. To get nothing (deservedly) from those games was definitely not what Teflon Les was expecting. Penny for the thoughts of the board this weekend.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 11:59 - Apr 2 with 9277 viewsTheChef

People still haven't worked out the manager is not the issue.

No manager could get a tune out of this sorry bunch.

Balogun's foul for the penalty was so thick, you can only assume he had money on how early we could concede.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:00 - Apr 2 with 9277 viewssteveo04

100% goes

Starts 343 with dykes wider of the 3 then goes 442 with dykes right wing , then brings on Albert who goes up front , why leaving Martin to run on treacle , not just Wigan game , Birmingham/Blackpool starts with a back 3 by the end I have no clue on formation

We all laughed at Critchley when field was right wing but Ainsworth done the same with dykes yesterday. Why didn’t he go 343 with Willock , dykes and Lowe , gives you Martin for dykes and chair for Willock sub , there was no need to change to a flat back 4 at half time .
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:01 - Apr 2 with 9253 viewsjohnhoop

And so it begins.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:02 - Apr 2 with 9229 viewsJamesB1979

He’s on a 4 year deal and we just paid (wrongly in my view) to get rid of Critchley. I think we’d have to be on way down from League 1, for us to consider it.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:05 - Apr 2 with 9188 viewshubble

How about Les takes over as manager for the rest of the season? They're mainly his players and he's largely responsible for this utter shambles, but he never faces direct criticism. Stick him on the front line and let him deal with it. Who knows. Could be fun.

Meanwhile Wild Thing can team up with that Maori geezer and write a motivational song for the club or something.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:05 - Apr 2 with 9190 viewsRs_Holy

How long does Ainsworth get? on 11:59 - Apr 2 by TheChef

People still haven't worked out the manager is not the issue.

No manager could get a tune out of this sorry bunch.

Balogun's foul for the penalty was so thick, you can only assume he had money on how early we could concede.

No, no, no … let’s get rid because he is crap. I mean what has he done as a manager…?… sweet FA!!! … You can’t count Wycombe because that was all long ball rubbish and he must have been very lucky. Yes, the Wycombe fans worship him but what the f*ck do those carrot crunchers know about football… I think we should try and get Pochettino.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:06 - Apr 2 with 9184 viewsdaveB

style of play wise I didn't think it was long ball yesterday, was pretty much what we've seen the last 2/3 years with lots of possession and not doing much with it

Ainsworth should get at least until Christmas when he's had a chance to put his own team together but signs are not great
Login to get fewer ads

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:09 - Apr 2 with 9165 viewsBluce_Ree

Give him forever.

F**k it. Who gives a f**k. No one is going to 'tactics' us out of this shit.

Lose every one of these hooped c**ts and replace them with whoever Gareth wants. Stay in boring shitty League One. Eventually get promoted. Be average for a while. Maybe go up, probably go down. SAME OLD SHIT. SAME OLD PREDICTABLE BORING SHIT.

Shit team, shit sport, shit everything.

Piss.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:10 - Apr 2 with 9156 viewsRs_Holy

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:01 - Apr 2 by johnhoop

And so it begins.

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:11 - Apr 2 with 9152 viewsnadera78

Flat out - if the club sacrifices Ainsworth then I'm done. We have an appallingly assembled squad; a mixture of players who can't be bothered, are soft as sh*te, and plain aren't good enough. We have executives who change course on a whim. We have owners who have burned through managers, players, money (both theirs and ours) and opportunities. They still show absolutely no semblance of knowing what they're doing.

If they now, after all that, hire and fire (and in the process destroy the QPR reputation of) a man like Gareth Ainsworth then I'm walking away. No season ticket, no merchandise, nothing. Done.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:13 - Apr 2 with 9126 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Optimistically, Preston are the only team we've beaten apart from Watford since the Bronze Age.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:21 - Apr 2 with 9071 viewsJamesB1979

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:11 - Apr 2 by nadera78

Flat out - if the club sacrifices Ainsworth then I'm done. We have an appallingly assembled squad; a mixture of players who can't be bothered, are soft as sh*te, and plain aren't good enough. We have executives who change course on a whim. We have owners who have burned through managers, players, money (both theirs and ours) and opportunities. They still show absolutely no semblance of knowing what they're doing.

If they now, after all that, hire and fire (and in the process destroy the QPR reputation of) a man like Gareth Ainsworth then I'm walking away. No season ticket, no merchandise, nothing. Done.

Agree in part with what you say but you’re deluded if you think the owners are the ones making these football decisions.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:21 - Apr 2 with 9069 viewsHayesender

You know, I wish now we'd appointed Sherwood in the summer, because there's no way LF would have survived that cluster fck

Poll: Shamima Beghum

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:22 - Apr 2 with 9070 viewsbongo_king

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:02 - Apr 2 by JamesB1979

He’s on a 4 year deal and we just paid (wrongly in my view) to get rid of Critchley. I think we’d have to be on way down from League 1, for us to consider it.

Yep.

Nice easy answer to the original question. 3.5 years, cos that's the deal we gave him out of desperation, and no way in hell we can pay that off.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:23 - Apr 2 with 9061 views1JD

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:01 - Apr 2 by johnhoop

And so it begins.

It begins, because the situation is so dire. Relegation will be absolutely catastrophic.

And I don’t trust him to re-build a side that I want to watch. Should he somehow survive
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:26 - Apr 2 with 9031 viewsted_hendrix

He will be here next season and rightly so.

In a time honoured QPR tradition he'll get sacked by November2023, Tony Pulis will get the job of saving our season and he'll get sacked by February 2024, Neil Critchley will get the job of saving our season and keeping us in League One and he'll get the sack In May 2024.

In august 2024 we'll be planning trips to Hartlepool and Newport County and moaning about the water pressure in the lower loft bogs and discussing the merits of giving the Managers job to Sam Allardyce.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:27 - Apr 2 with 9027 views1JD

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:06 - Apr 2 by daveB

style of play wise I didn't think it was long ball yesterday, was pretty much what we've seen the last 2/3 years with lots of possession and not doing much with it

Ainsworth should get at least until Christmas when he's had a chance to put his own team together but signs are not great

That’s true Dave, but as I wrote on another thread, I wouldn’t be surprised if this reversion back to our previous style was a result of behind the scenes stuff.

It certainly wasn’t in line with GAs style or Brum post match comments where he was quite insistent he/we would continue as we were. Suggests an interjection. And all is, unsurprisingly, not well.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:33 - Apr 2 with 8958 viewsTheChef

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:05 - Apr 2 by Rs_Holy

No, no, no … let’s get rid because he is crap. I mean what has he done as a manager…?… sweet FA!!! … You can’t count Wycombe because that was all long ball rubbish and he must have been very lucky. Yes, the Wycombe fans worship him but what the f*ck do those carrot crunchers know about football… I think we should try and get Pochettino.

You're quite right, Pochettino will be desperate to come to us.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:46 - Apr 2 with 8891 viewsLblock

How about... How long does Ainsworth put up with this?

He's a decent fella, gives 1,000% and expects the same in return.
Just look at him yesterday -- he's aged 10 years in 2 months and I think it may be dawning on him that the sort of buy in he's used to is rare at this level and even rarer in a squad picked by a collection of clowns over 4 or 5 years.

I can see him walking away and I would not blame him a jot.

Given the right backing I'd say he's the right man to steady the ship in League One and he should be left alone to do that.
I do however think the impending relegation will scar him deeply. Not sure he'll be back in July with the same level of gusto as he's used to.

Sad state of affairs

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:47 - Apr 2 with 8889 viewsTHEBUSH

For me, GA is here at least until the end of next season, win, lose or draw.

We cant go on changing managers .

Our director of football, should go before GA.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:52 - Apr 2 with 8851 viewsQPRConor2000

I love Ainsworth, but I think this appointment was always going to end in disaster.

I struggle to see him staying beyond the summer if we go down, style of play is unwatchable and this squad just doesnt fit that.

Weve gone from possession based football, to direct football, to hoofing the f-king ball up the pitch all the time, it just isnt going to work at this level.

Could I see him staying? I struggle to see this ending other than in tears.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:55 - Apr 2 with 8833 viewstraininvain

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:46 - Apr 2 by Lblock

Just look at him yesterday -- he's aged 10 years in 2 months and I think it may be dawning on him that the sort of buy in he's used to is rare at this level and even rarer in a squad picked by a collection of clowns over 4 or 5 years.

Given the right backing I'd say he's the right man to steady the ship in League One and he should be left alone to do that.
I do however think the impending relegation will scar him deeply. Not sure he'll be back in July with the same level of gusto as he's used to.

Sad state of affairs

The funny thing is that you could’ve said the same about Critchley word for word.
How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:59 - Apr 2 with 8805 viewsRangersw12

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:46 - Apr 2 by Lblock

Sad state of affairs

Steady the ship in league 1!?

If we go down and we're not top 6 season then he needs to be binned off

Funny how Warburton was bemoaned for midtable finishes in the Championship yet Haka man can get away with losing 6 - 1 at Blackpool and playing the worst football I've seen for god knows how long.

He's inherited an awful situation but he should be doing better

Sorry state of affairs.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 13:06]
How long does Ainsworth get? on 13:26 - Apr 2 with 8682 viewsdistortR

How long does Ainsworth get? on 12:55 - Apr 2 by traininvain

The funny thing is that you could’ve said the same about Critchley word for word.

Yeah, I don't get those who called for Critchley to be sacked (And that's not aimed at LBlock, no idea about his views on NC) saying Ainsworth should be given as long as he wants.
Sacking NC seemingly in part because 'he lost the squad', why would these jumped up under-achiever's have more respect for Ainsworth and his achievements? I think Ainsworth was a terrible appointment for us and him. Everyone knows how he gets his teams to play. it's something he may like to change, but parachuted into a relegation battle with a third of the season left, he really had to go with what he knows. And it was blindingly obvious that the squad he inherited does not have the physicality to play direct football. It's just fvcked us up and Ainsworth.
Some of the decision making that's gone on, in managerial and player appointment, has been bloody awful. I have no idea who is making these decisions, but would have thought the DoF is the fall guy. If he's not behind these decisions, what does he do?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024