Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonights results 21:47 - Apr 18 with 3242 viewsStanisgod

Not great. Lets hope Burnley carry on their help the less fortunate run on Saturday.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Tonights results on 21:49 - Apr 18 with 3179 viewsstowmarketrange

You know they’ll be back to normality by 3pm Saturday.
Tonights results on 21:57 - Apr 18 with 3079 viewsJuzzie

Tonights results on 21:49 - Apr 18 by stowmarketrange

Yup, a lovely home win to secure the title having gifted points to Reading and Rotherham.
Tonights results on 21:59 - Apr 18 with 3053 viewsdaveB

not great but could have been worse, a win tomorrow is massive for us and would start to put pressure on teams around us if we pull our fingers out

We need 2 wins, tomorrow and the Stoke games are the only potential ones imo, we never beat Bristol City at home
Tonights results on 22:02 - Apr 18 with 3018 viewsted_hendrix

Whilst results tonight are not great they never were gonna be.
Survival is In our hands nobody else's, at the risk of boring the entire Universe to death I'm gonna repeat again what I said after the loss at Wigan, that game/loss sealed our relegation fate.
Nothings changed and It wont change tomorrow night either apart from getting worse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Tonights results on 22:14 - Apr 18 with 2912 viewsLoyalitat

Tonights results on 21:57 - Apr 18 by Juzzie

Yup, a lovely home win to secure the title having gifted points to Reading and Rotherham.

With respect, both Reading and Rotherham earned their hard won points against Burnley. I watched a weakened Rotherham side tonight against Burnley display all of the characteristics needed when in a relegation battle. They also played some football in the process, it wasn't hoofball ad nauseam.
Tonights results on 22:20 - Apr 18 with 2858 viewsMonkey_Roots

Tonights results on 22:02 - Apr 18 by ted_hendrix

Whilst results tonight are not great they never were gonna be.
Survival is In our hands nobody else's, at the risk of boring the entire Universe to death I'm gonna repeat again what I said after the loss at Wigan, that game/loss sealed our relegation fate.
Nothings changed and It wont change tomorrow night either apart from getting worse.

I agree.

Losing to Wigan and Blackpool was the end of us - you could go back further and point to other games or events that signalled the end of us in this division - but in my opinion, losing to 2 proper hopeless teams that we should be stepping on to climb out of this mess was evidence enough that we’re heading into L1.

We are down - the players just don’t have the confidence or heart for this type of battle. Our manager - and I hope he remains so - just hasn’t been able to galvanise them in the way he hoped to be able to.
Tonights results on 22:21 - Apr 18 with 2840 viewsSimonJames

Tonights results on 22:14 - Apr 18 by Loyalitat

With respect, both Reading and Rotherham earned their hard won points against Burnley. I watched a weakened Rotherham side tonight against Burnley display all of the characteristics needed when in a relegation battle. They also played some football in the process, it wasn't hoofball ad nauseam.

If Burnley had won both those games I think we would have been facing a side full of all the supporting cast.
But now I think we're going to get a thrashing!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 9:42]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Tonights results on 22:40 - Apr 18 with 2714 viewsjoe90

I still think we’ll stay up. It will be done in a way that is fitting for this crap season and that’s by the teams around us dropping points.

There’ll be no drama or big push from the team or getting behind them as they show some character and fight the drop. We’ll whimper on to the end and escape the drop because we had a good start to the season and gave ourselves just enough points.

When it happens I really hope the comms team don’t dress it up as some great escape. The club also better scrap the player of the season awards.
Login to get fewer ads

Tonights results on 22:49 - Apr 18 with 2655 viewskropotkin41

Tonights results on 22:40 - Apr 18 by joe90

I still think we’ll stay up. It will be done in a way that is fitting for this crap season and that’s by the teams around us dropping points.

There’ll be no drama or big push from the team or getting behind them as they show some character and fight the drop. We’ll whimper on to the end and escape the drop because we had a good start to the season and gave ourselves just enough points.

When it happens I really hope the comms team don’t dress it up as some great escape. The club also better scrap the player of the season awards.

The scenario you describe seems highly unlikely to me... if, as looks very possible, we don't get another point, a draw each for Reading and Cardiff relegates us.... Reading have 4 goes to get that point, Cardiff 5.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Tonights results on 08:16 - Apr 19 with 2229 viewsjoe90

Tonights results on 22:49 - Apr 18 by kropotkin41

The scenario you describe seems highly unlikely to me... if, as looks very possible, we don't get another point, a draw each for Reading and Cardiff relegates us.... Reading have 4 goes to get that point, Cardiff 5.

Reading have three games left like us and Cardiff four.

A win tonight and I think we're safe. A draw would also do IMO. Pressure is on Reading and Cardiff as well, they have as much chance as dropping points as we do.

If we lose tonight, we really are in trouble.
Tonights results on 08:38 - Apr 19 with 2150 viewsMalintabuk

I'm notorious in my family for predicting results.... but if the teams around Norwich draw tonight, and they win, they will be in the top 6!!!
Shellacking on the cards. I can see us shipping 3 or 4 tonight as Norwich will be well up for this. The Norwich team talk will basically be.... if you can't beat that lot then god help us
Tonights results on 08:39 - Apr 19 with 2147 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Tonights results on 08:16 - Apr 19 by joe90

Reading have three games left like us and Cardiff four.

A win tonight and I think we're safe. A draw would also do IMO. Pressure is on Reading and Cardiff as well, they have as much chance as dropping points as we do.

If we lose tonight, we really are in trouble.

Reading, like us, have four including tonight and Cardiff have 5 including tonight.
Tonights results on 08:58 - Apr 19 with 2042 viewsjoe90

Tonights results on 08:39 - Apr 19 by CroydonCaptJack

Reading, like us, have four including tonight and Cardiff have 5 including tonight.

My mistake.
Tonights results on 09:03 - Apr 19 with 2012 viewskropotkin41

Tonights results on 08:58 - Apr 19 by joe90

My mistake.

Also.... now you're saying we need a win. Sadly, thinking we might be capable of that may be a bigger mistake.

Tonights results on 09:21 - Apr 19 with 1932 viewsenfieldargh

Tonights results on 08:39 - Apr 19 by CroydonCaptJack

Reading
Luton H
Cov A
WIGAN H
Hudd A

Cardiff
Roth A
Watford A
Stoke H
Hudd H
Burnley A

HUDDERSFIELD
Sheff U H
CARDIFF A
READING H

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Tonights results on 09:34 - Apr 19 with 1844 viewsjoe90

Tonights results on 09:03 - Apr 19 by kropotkin41

Also.... now you're saying we need a win. Sadly, thinking we might be capable of that may be a bigger mistake.

I know it's a stretch, but it's just one result. I think we can do that. Sounds crazy I know.
Tonights results on 09:41 - Apr 19 with 1797 viewskropotkin41

Tonights results on 09:34 - Apr 19 by joe90

I know it's a stretch, but it's just one result. I think we can do that. Sounds crazy I know.

We're all here to look after each other when the madness sets in... 😉

Tonights results on 09:42 - Apr 19 with 1789 viewstoboboly

Tonights results on 22:20 - Apr 18 by Monkey_Roots

I agree.

Losing to Wigan and Blackpool was the end of us - you could go back further and point to other games or events that signalled the end of us in this division - but in my opinion, losing to 2 proper hopeless teams that we should be stepping on to climb out of this mess was evidence enough that we’re heading into L1.

We are down - the players just don’t have the confidence or heart for this type of battle. Our manager - and I hope he remains so - just hasn’t been able to galvanise them in the way he hoped to be able to.

We conceded 9 goals and 6 points to Blackpool, that alone is a sad indictment on our squad. We were also incredibly lucky to get 3 points from Wigan at home, imagine if they had got a draw against us - we'd be buggered already

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tonights results on 09:48 - Apr 19 with 1736 viewsterryb

Tonights results on 09:42 - Apr 19 by toboboly

We conceded 9 goals and 6 points to Blackpool, that alone is a sad indictment on our squad. We were also incredibly lucky to get 3 points from Wigan at home, imagine if they had got a draw against us - we'd be buggered already

I'm being pedantic, but it was "only" 7 goals! Blackpool being one of the few teams not to score 3 at The Bush.

Any hope I have rests with Cardiff, who failed to score in either game against us!
Tonights results on 09:52 - Apr 19 with 1722 viewstoboboly

Tonights results on 21:49 - Apr 18 by stowmarketrange

Especially if you're doing the match thread

Tonights results on 09:52 - Apr 19 with 1718 viewstoboboly

Tonights results on 09:48 - Apr 19 by terryb

I'm being pedantic, but it was "only" 7 goals! Blackpool being one of the few teams not to score 3 at The Bush.

Any hope I have rests with Cardiff, who failed to score in either game against us!

Hahahahahaha. I've got such PTSD from the season I am gifting goals as freely as our defenders!

Tonights results on 10:39 - Apr 19 with 1605 viewsstowmarketrange

Tonights results on 09:52 - Apr 19 by toboboly

Especially if you're doing the match thread

Not a chance mate.I’ve retired disgracefully from ever doing any more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024