Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! 22:47 - Jul 2 with 6466 viewsnumptydumpty

Think we had many players over the years with dreadful disciplinary records in terms of yellow and red cards.

Am guessing fans that remember 70s and previous have few names that weren't necessarily disciplined by the referee as think you could almost decapitate an opposition player then and not even give away a free kick !!!

But most were dreadful elsewhere.
Mark Dennis definitely had double figures sending offs but not many here.

Recent times Barton clearly often lost the plot

We had Ruddock and Vinny Jones who hardly played for us but in terms of cards were certified bad boys.

In very recent days, Leistner entering the stands to give bit of an ear bashing to opposition fans.

Someone will know

Who has been the worst in history, dirtiest bustard to "play" for our club

[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 22:50]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 22:59 - Jul 2 with 4379 viewscolinallcars

Just back from the bazaar and opened my ipad, well it fell open !
Don't know about dirty but my first hero was George Petchey - tough as teak.
Later, John Beck was quite strong.
Mark Lazarus didn't suffer fools gladly.
Geoff Cameron ? It's a fine line between hard and dirty I guess.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 23:13 - Jul 2 with 4327 viewsloftboy

Dirtiest or hardest ?
Hardest would be Macca, Mark Dennis was hard, can’t think of too many players who were just dirty, I was there when Maguire ended Danny Thomas’s career, that was a dirty cowardly tackle, Fenwick could dish it out behind the refs back. Barton wasn’t hard just antagonistic.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 23:24 - Jul 2 with 4307 viewscolinallcars

I don't think we've hard a lot of dirty players. I used to work with a Wimbledon fan when they were kicking lumps out of opponents.
“They're not exactly shrinking violets” I said one day. “It's not a shrinking violets game” He countered. I suppose he was right really.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 23:42 - Jul 2 with 4275 viewsBucksRanger

Bobby Keetch - hard to imagine any club in the football league signing him up nowadays.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 23:44 - Jul 2 with 4269 viewsVancouverHoop

Dave Webb was our designated enforcer on the mid 70s team. Seemed to look after the lads well enough.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 00:10 - Jul 3 with 4221 viewsBoston

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 23:13 - Jul 2 by loftboy

Dirtiest or hardest ?
Hardest would be Macca, Mark Dennis was hard, can’t think of too many players who were just dirty, I was there when Maguire ended Danny Thomas’s career, that was a dirty cowardly tackle, Fenwick could dish it out behind the refs back. Barton wasn’t hard just antagonistic.

I'd back Ian Gillard in a row with Macca.

We've had the occasional bit of dirty play but really, barring short life signings like Vincent Jones, no 'animals'.

Dave Webb, yeah, he was a reminder to other teams that there was a bone cruncher if they stepped out of line. But the bloke was too easy going to perform the dark arts for no reason, remember he was a sidekick to a gent called Chopper, Webb did not carry that nickname.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 0:10]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 00:38 - Jul 3 with 4183 viewstraininvain

Tommy Doherty and Diakite deserve a mention.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 01:46 - Jul 3 with 4138 viewsVancouverHoop

Diakite always deserves a mention! I think he was just brutally clumsy though, not seriously evil.
Login to get fewer ads

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 01:54 - Jul 3 with 4133 viewsNov77

Phil parkes said Dave clement was the hardest player at QPR

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 01:58 - Jul 3 with 4130 viewsVancouverHoop

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 01:54 - Jul 3 by Nov77

Phil parkes said Dave clement was the hardest player at QPR

Interesting, not really obvious if true. Tony Hazell could be tasty on occasion, but like Webb, not really nasty.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 03:57 - Jul 3 with 4069 viewszizoustainrod

Still ashamed that Vinnie Jones ever played for us.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 06:04 - Jul 3 with 3994 viewscyprusmel

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 03:57 - Jul 3 by zizoustainrod

Still ashamed that Vinnie Jones ever played for us.

Vinnie Jones saved us from relegation, scored in his first game to get a draw.
6 draws from the last 7 was enough to keep us up.
His prescience in the team combined with his physicality was enough.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 06:56 - Jul 3 with 3921 viewsSK_hoops

I vaguely remember Rufus Brevett being quite dirty, but just checked his stats and he never actually got sent off for us.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 07:17 - Jul 3 with 3879 viewsQPRSteve

Peter Reid could be a nasty piece of work. Plus I heard he never washed once while he played for us.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 08:11 - Jul 3 with 3742 viewsTGRRRSSS

We're normally more Charity Park Rangers aren't we?

Barton obviously could be dirty, maybe cleverly so perhaps Clint Hill?

Generally though we'd normally get players sent off by calamity and cock up than dirty play I reckon.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 08:37 - Jul 3 with 3702 viewsrobith

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 01:46 - Jul 3 by VancouverHoop

Diakite always deserves a mention! I think he was just brutally clumsy though, not seriously evil.

Don't think he was dirty, but the violence he unleashed in his first half hour for us was awe inspiring
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 09:22 - Jul 3 with 3631 viewsFDC

Read or heard somewhere that Andy Sinton was horrible to play against, because he would relentlessly having little digs and kicks at you in a way that the referee would barely notice, but that over 90 minutes took its toll.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 09:34 - Jul 3 with 3602 viewsnumptydumpty

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 09:22 - Jul 3 by FDC

Read or heard somewhere that Andy Sinton was horrible to play against, because he would relentlessly having little digs and kicks at you in a way that the referee would barely notice, but that over 90 minutes took its toll.

Sinton I don't remember much about him being a pain in butt to play against.

In fact what I remember about him was he always used to run past his man on the wing through trickery and more times than not, got ceremoniously hacked down as a consequence.

Definitely was the most sinned against player as opposed to being the sinner himself.

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 09:36 - Jul 3 with 3597 viewsnumptydumpty

Doesn't appear like we have many candidates for this title and those that did played in 70s and 80s when football was very different game.

Hardest we would have had much more - yes totally agree and ultimately Macca stands out with this, as the number one !!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 9:37]

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 09:47 - Jul 3 with 3563 viewsSonofpugwash

I'd have to go for Playboy Bobby Keetch.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Richard "Red Card" Dunne.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 09:52 - Jul 3 with 3552 viewsTomS

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 09:47 - Jul 3 by Sonofpugwash

I'd have to go for Playboy Bobby Keetch.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Richard "Red Card" Dunne.

Is he related to Richard "Own goal" Dunne?
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 09:58 - Jul 3 with 3535 viewsterryb

I'm another in the Bobby Keetch camp.

Many a time that we were attacking, an opposing forward was laying on the ground in agony. "Killer" had struck again off the ball!

Did any of you go to Football Football in the Haymarket (?) in the '90's? It wasn't open for many years, but Bobby was one of the partners & often on site.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 10:08]
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 13:19 - Jul 3 with 3285 viewstoboboly

If we are going on red cards per appearance Djibril Cisse has to be up there. Was either a goal or a red and nothing inbetween for a whole season.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 14:20 - Jul 3 with 3188 viewsthame_hoops

2nd vote for Mark Dennis. cant remember much about him as i was a teen at the time but seem to remember his mis-timed (on purpose) challenges

Googling it, Richard Dunne has the joint most red cards in the EPL era (8) with Viera so definitely a candidate, although most cards, if not all, were with City.

Dennis Wise 11 Red cards
Mark Dennis 12
Vinnie Jones 12
Steve Walsh 13
Roy Mcdonough (name doesn't ring a bell with me) 13
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 15:08 - Jul 3 with 3117 viewsSuperhoop83

Marc Bircham wasn't our dirtiest player but he was pretty dirty and he was also the most cynical player I've seen at Loftus Road.

Yes, we all loved him as he was one of our own but he committed so many niggly and unnecessary fouls and it could be a bit irritating.

Suffering since 1978.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024