Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B team now called Development squad 13:12 - Jul 6 with 2235 viewsBakes

Name change again

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-21s-news/b-team-renamed-qpr-development-squad-0

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

B team now called Development squad on 13:17 - Jul 6 with 2203 viewsE15Hoop

Its a bit "you say potato, I say potahto", but to be fair the rationale behind it makes sense and at least it shows some joined-up thinking for once.
B team now called Development squad on 13:18 - Jul 6 with 2192 viewstoboboly

B team now called Development squad on 13:17 - Jul 6 by E15Hoop

Its a bit "you say potato, I say potahto", but to be fair the rationale behind it makes sense and at least it shows some joined-up thinking for once.

But also shows up the unjoined (sp) thinking over the previous years.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

B team now called Development squad on 13:19 - Jul 6 with 2192 viewsCateLeBonR

I’m not usually one to openly criticise but it’s ridiculous all the name changes they’ve had for these recently. I mean what difference does it make? I can only assume there’s some kind of power struggle within the club with people trying to undermine each other. Whatever it is I wish they’d fcking stop it.
B team now called Development squad on 13:21 - Jul 6 with 2159 viewsGloucs_R

It's a very trendy term used in footballing circles at the moment. A lot of the under 21s and under 18s teams local to me have changed their name to development.

In the youth team I coach we have a first team and a development squad too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

B team now called Development squad on 13:23 - Jul 6 with 2124 viewsBakes

Let’s have it right, it is and always will be the reserves

Or the “stiffs” as players call it.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

B team now called Development squad on 13:29 - Jul 6 with 2068 viewsaston_hoop

Appreciate we're playing the US Air Force in a friendly though! Wonder what kind of standard they're at.

Otherwise, its just names aint it. Lets see some players in the first team next season.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

B team now called Development squad on 13:29 - Jul 6 with 2064 viewsE15Hoop

B team now called Development squad on 13:19 - Jul 6 by CateLeBonR

I’m not usually one to openly criticise but it’s ridiculous all the name changes they’ve had for these recently. I mean what difference does it make? I can only assume there’s some kind of power struggle within the club with people trying to undermine each other. Whatever it is I wish they’d fcking stop it.

i don't think its anything as dark as that, to be fair, but I do think GA is going for the positive spin approach. To be fair, he's right in what he says, and obviously being all under one roof now reinforces that (in theory, at least).
B team now called Development squad on 13:32 - Jul 6 with 2035 viewsDannyPaddox

I won’t be happy until it’s renamed:

Development Squad (Children Of The Clusterfück)
Login to get fewer ads

B team now called Development squad on 13:50 - Jul 6 with 1941 viewsCateLeBonR

B team now called Development squad on 13:29 - Jul 6 by E15Hoop

i don't think its anything as dark as that, to be fair, but I do think GA is going for the positive spin approach. To be fair, he's right in what he says, and obviously being all under one roof now reinforces that (in theory, at least).

I prefer development squad fwiw.
B team now called Development squad on 15:05 - Jul 6 with 1797 viewsDavieQPR

Then we will go and sign Martin and Balogun for it.
B team now called Development squad on 15:25 - Jul 6 with 1701 viewsDorse

B team now called Development squad on 13:29 - Jul 6 by aston_hoop

Appreciate we're playing the US Air Force in a friendly though! Wonder what kind of standard they're at.

Otherwise, its just names aint it. Lets see some players in the first team next season.

They have a good deep midcentrefieldsman called Chet Oberhoser III who leads the post season in interceptications and yards denied. We'll have to be on good form to cope with his third quarter impact plays.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

B team now called Development squad on 15:33 - Jul 6 with 1673 viewsE15Hoop

B team now called Development squad on 15:25 - Jul 6 by Dorse

They have a good deep midcentrefieldsman called Chet Oberhoser III who leads the post season in interceptications and yards denied. We'll have to be on good form to cope with his third quarter impact plays.

We need to get you on BBC 5 Live's Fighting Talk, Dorse. You'll take down Greg Brady anyday..
B team now called Development squad on 15:48 - Jul 6 with 1625 viewsBklynRanger

B team now called Development squad on 13:29 - Jul 6 by aston_hoop

They'll come flying out of the traps
B team now called Development squad on 15:58 - Jul 6 with 1572 viewsE15Hoop

B team now called Development squad on 15:48 - Jul 6 by BklynRanger

They'll come flying out of the traps

...With the wind beneath their wings, by any chance?
B team now called Development squad on 16:40 - Jul 6 with 1479 viewsdaveB

We will now be called the peoples Front of Development Team
B team now called Development squad on 19:21 - Jul 6 with 1307 viewsTacticalR

B team now called Development squad on 16:40 - Jul 6 by daveB

We will now be called the peoples Front of Development Team

Splitter!

Air hostess clique

B team now called Development squad on 00:20 - Jul 7 with 1081 viewsHoopsie

Well, for a start how you named a squad is important. "B" team conjures something that is the "reserves" and an intermediate and secondary team, which the squad is all that, but more, however - it is also for first team players coming back from injuries to get game time and young, promising players from the u-18, u-21 age groups picked to be part of the "B" set-up to see if they are ready for the big step-up, so perhaps "Development" rather than "B" is more apt to describe this squad. I'll take that and see it as steps taken to imbue a strong culture and identity at the club.

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024