Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit & Ruben 20:32 - Oct 9 with 3879 viewsRuislipHoop

I wonder wot their take on the current situation is.The longer GA stays in charge the more we lose,the smaller the crowds will become meaning the owners will have to put more money in to fund the club.When we get relegated, season tkt sales will drop off,crowds will be smaller,TV revenue smaller.
They must have an end game plan,just wondering what it is.We are hardly a viable or attractive proposition to sell.
Amit & Ruben on 20:42 - Oct 9 with 3794 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Rising Sun thread has given me an idea: torch it, get the insurance money, and build flats!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Amit & Ruben on 21:19 - Oct 9 with 3601 viewsRuislipHoop

Amit & Ruben on 20:42 - Oct 9 by PlanetHonneywood

The Rising Sun thread has given me an idea: torch it, get the insurance money, and build flats!

I’m sure they’ve already thought of that,neither of them want to go to the games anymore
Amit & Ruben on 21:21 - Oct 9 with 3591 viewsHAYESBOY

I would think they are at least considering GA's position. Maybe even tempted given the two week break we now have.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Amit & Ruben on 21:25 - Oct 9 with 3555 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Cut the wage bill. Check.
Reduce expenditure on ground. Check.
Stop all spending on transfer fees. Check.
Stay up- Avoid FFP. Check.
Get relegated - wage bill already at L1 level. Check.

They are preparing to flog it.
Amit & Ruben on 21:38 - Oct 9 with 3455 viewsstainrods_elbow

Amit & Ruben on 21:21 - Oct 9 by HAYESBOY

I would think they are at least considering GA's position. Maybe even tempted given the two week break we now have.

I think we need another Fans' Forum to turn up the heat on these guys. Do they have another 4 year plan for the club, the squad and the stadium? Or even 4 months?

We are part of the problem if we don't get very, very angry unless there's an unfathomable sea change in the way the team is set up and performs in its next 3 games.

The fish rots from the head down. More and more, I think the first step is to terminate Hoos, Ramsey, Hall, and Belk, pending a transition to new ownership. Their races are run. If there isn't a dramatic turnaround in tactics and performances, especially at LR, GA and RD surely need to get their cards by Halloween at the latest, whatever it costs. (The people who appointed them should pay the comp out of their own pockets.)

Has it ever, ever, been as bad as this?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Amit & Ruben on 22:00 - Oct 9 with 3369 viewsThe_Beast1976

Amit & Ruben on 21:25 - Oct 9 by Wilkinswatercarrier

You could well be right there. We're better off without them, but just wish they'd go now rather than killing us slowly.

Think we basically need the whole crowd to 'kick off' at the next home game, ala the Richard Thompson protests in the early 90s. Let the owners know in no uncertain terms what we think of them now they've run the club into the ground. The fans of yesteryear would not have tolerated this situation without 'kicking off'.....
Amit & Ruben on 22:12 - Oct 9 with 3321 viewsBostonR

Amit & Ruben on 21:25 - Oct 9 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Who’s buying?
I agree that if you join the dots it does look like they want out. A couple of months ago they were looking for new investors and confirmed they would continue to fund the club. Something just doesn’t add up and it’s gone toxic very quickly.
Reilly doesn’t have the personal wealth to buy on his own and God forbid he loans money against the ground to find the cash.
For me, if they don’t sack GA they are walking away.
Amit & Ruben on 22:37 - Oct 9 with 3213 viewsDejR_vu

It makes you wonder how bad things have to get. We’ve won one game at home in a year, we’ve set the record for the worst home run in the club’s entire history, we have a manager with a win rate of about 20% and a defeat rate close to 70%, and they seem to be doing nothing. We have absolutely no chance under this ownership. Looking at it objectively, you’d have to wonder if they’re doing it on purpose. Why on earth aren’t they doing anything?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Amit & Ruben on 22:42 - Oct 9 with 3193 viewsJamesB1979

As stadium burns to ground…..”when will we get the insurance payout?”…….”What insurance policy?”
Amit & Ruben on 22:47 - Oct 9 with 3174 viewsHayesender

If GA is still in charge for the Huddersfield game, then I think relegation must be some sort of mad plan.

Maybe we're being run by Lord Melchett

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Amit & Ruben on 23:27 - Oct 9 with 3050 viewskensalriser

Amit & Ruben on 21:38 - Oct 9 by stainrods_elbow

I think we need another Fans' Forum to turn up the heat on these guys. Do they have another 4 year plan for the club, the squad and the stadium? Or even 4 months?

We are part of the problem if we don't get very, very angry unless there's an unfathomable sea change in the way the team is set up and performs in its next 3 games.

The fish rots from the head down. More and more, I think the first step is to terminate Hoos, Ramsey, Hall, and Belk, pending a transition to new ownership. Their races are run. If there isn't a dramatic turnaround in tactics and performances, especially at LR, GA and RD surely need to get their cards by Halloween at the latest, whatever it costs. (The people who appointed them should pay the comp out of their own pockets.)

Has it ever, ever, been as bad as this?

This post has been edited by an administrator

It's been worse - in administration in the third tier and then the ground was hocked out to a mysterious Panama based company for a ruinous rate of interest.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 14:32]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Amit & Ruben on 00:20 - Oct 10 with 2917 viewsR_from_afar

Amit & Ruben on 22:12 - Oct 9 by BostonR

Who’s buying?
I agree that if you join the dots it does look like they want out. A couple of months ago they were looking for new investors and confirmed they would continue to fund the club. Something just doesn’t add up and it’s gone toxic very quickly.
Reilly doesn’t have the personal wealth to buy on his own and God forbid he loans money against the ground to find the cash.
For me, if they don’t sack GA they are walking away.

It's nearly four months since Les left and over three since David McIntyre wrote that analytics company Retexo Intelligence were helping with the DoF recruitment process (see below for his piece).

If it takes much longer to get the new DoF, it might start to look to some people as if the board is now not going to bring anyone in, to keep costs down prior to selling the club.

There is also a potentially significant line by David in that article:
"The company also advises clubs on potential takeovers and improving academies as well the buying and selling of players".

All of this may be coincidence and David may have got some of the details wrong.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-outsource-recruitment-of-new-director-of

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Amit & Ruben on 13:39 - Oct 10 with 2305 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Amit & Ruben on 21:21 - Oct 9 by HAYESBOY

This 2 week break would have been ideal to get a new manager working with this bunch of underachievers and sorting out his system.
I thought GA brought true leaders into the dressing room to ensure we were proffessional on and off the field .
We are so far off that its shameful
Amit & Ruben on 13:41 - Oct 10 with 2274 viewsjohnhoop

Amit & Ruben on 22:47 - Oct 9 by Hayesender

If GA is still in charge for the Huddersfield game, then I think relegation must be some sort of mad plan.

Maybe we're being run by Lord Melchett

Or Baldrick.
Amit & Ruben on 14:22 - Oct 10 with 2097 viewsHayesender

Amit & Ruben on 13:41 - Oct 10 by johnhoop

Or Baldrick.

At least he had a plan

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Amit & Ruben on 14:40 - Oct 10 with 2012 viewsdavman

We are impotent in all of this. We'll get the calls of " of course, we're not, we can take the club" or "someone out there will be willing"; all complete excrement.

Unless someone on this thread has the money, or is prepared to get out there to secure the necessary funding, there is NOTHING we can do.

We can hound the board out hoping/ gambling that someone else will magically appear, sure, but the last time we did that to the perceived devil (Richard Thompson), he left and we have NEVER been the same since.

I am numb through this experience. This is NOT what I signed up for. When I started supporting this lot in early 1976 (yep, glory hunter) I knew it would never be that great again, but on and off for the next twenty, it was AWESOME. A relegation, a couple of promotions, Europe, a Cup Final and then another four years later (although we do not talk about that). Since then, a good year to get out of the third tier, the promise of money and a Championship winning team, but the rest has been utter tripe. The Play-off season was 'kin awful aside from the last minute and NOTHING else.

But, I am now numb. I sit there out of duty with my lad moaning, sniping, booing, not enjoying a single minute out of a sense of duty.

I want them to turn a corner so desperately, but can't see any sign of that.

So, is anyone out there going to do something? Failing that, let's have your views on what we "should" do and instead of telling a good story tell us what YOU will do to sort this out rather than sitting back waiting for someone to do what YOU think they should before you get on their back about them being crap

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Amit & Ruben on 14:53 - Oct 10 with 1935 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Amit & Ruben on 14:22 - Oct 10 by Hayesender

At least he had a plan

One so cunning you could brush your teeth with it.
Amit & Ruben on 15:19 - Oct 10 with 1821 viewscaptainmycaptian

I think that's what happening many ways to burn something down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024