Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti post-match 16:10 - Dec 26 with 6361 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bland, boring and frankly uninspiring. We lacked 'bravery', apparently - no shit, Sherlock! And quality. And creativity. And urgency.

Try giving us one or two answers to the team's problems, or just stay in the dressing room!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/0_4xp59r88

[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 16:10]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Marti post-match on 16:13 - Dec 26 with 4888 viewsDamo1962

Glad I came to my senses, and did my usual ignoring of utterances from managers.
Marti post-match on 16:30 - Dec 26 with 4782 viewscolinallcars

Managers are on a hiding to nothing with post-match comments. Speak the truth and the players go on strike or mumble a load of bowlocks like GA. Emptying tanks, slowly ramping up, cavalry on the way etc etc.
Marti post-match on 16:46 - Dec 26 with 4688 viewsWestway

What's Warnock up to nowadays?
Marti post-match on 16:48 - Dec 26 with 4669 viewsSherryHoop

I really like Marti........but........

Seems like other managers have worked out that if you press us then we can't play out and we can't press you. What is his Plan B for lower Championship football???

His selection and in game management is hard to understand at times.

He needs time and players to implement his philosophy and I would love for him to have that time and those players. I think he could be a really good fit for us.

However, he needs to get his head around this being a relegation dog fight for the next 4 months. He needs to be pragmatic and to put his resources into building some momentum to get us up with the pack and to pull away from the relegation zone. Invest the players now. If we lose some to injury so be it but if we get cut adrift and our confidence drops even more then this group will not turn up anyway.

I feel for the bloke. I hope he can prove me wrong.
Marti post-match on 19:13 - Dec 26 with 4314 viewsVancouverHoop

It's possible, even likely, that a couple of players are incoming this month (hopefully a striker and a proper outfield captain.) I certainly expect that to be the case. Cifuentes seems very clear headed and organised. If so he must be aware that short winning runs and extended losing ones have become a pattern at QPR for multiple seasons. I doubt he'd have signed on without having identified that as a foundational problem that needed addressing.
Marti post-match on 19:14 - Dec 26 with 4303 viewsRangersw12

Marti post-match on 16:46 - Dec 26 by Westway

What's Warnock up to nowadays?

Reminiscing about starting the rot by signing Barton , SWP and Luke Young ?
Marti post-match on 19:15 - Dec 26 with 4302 viewsbosh67

Can't see what the problem with his interview is?

The biggest problems he's inherited are a total lack of any real goal scoring threat. Something that's been painfully obvious through the last 3 managers (including the snake).

He has a squad that as usual is struggling to actually be fit, but he has got JCS actually playing games.

If Ilias isn't on it we have no playmakers unless Willock actually plays and we have no proper playmaker in the squad.

Marti briefly got the engine running but I think he is seeing how thin this squad really is. Even with a half decent bench obviously half of them are not really fir enough to play.

Without some kind of FFP miracle it is hard to see how he improves the striker and playmaker options? Possibly some kind of players from Spain or Scandinavia, or some loan from somewhere?

As I said when he got here, if we do go down this season the one person to keep, if he wants to stay, is Cifuentes. One thing is sure, this squad needs to be dismantled and rebuilt with players that have a better mentality. How often have we seen this group of players go on losing runs. The mentality and the lack of key players like an actual goal scorer and an actual playmaker are what is obvious.

The board have to pull out any stops they can to back Cifuentes in the window.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti post-match on 19:20 - Dec 26 with 4270 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Didn't take u long did it Stainrod!
Login to get fewer ads

Marti post-match on 23:19 - Dec 26 with 3983 viewsMidlands_Ranger

I think honestly there's not a being on earth could get much out of this squad. Absolutely rotten to the core. Any results we do get have to be flukes, opposition on a bad day etc

So many dumb, lacklustre, brainless, gutless, zero pride, just pick up your paycheck (non)performers in the squad. It's gone on for so long it just can't be every manager, the manager is a big part of things but really it's the team isn't it, they step onto the pitch and they are in the moment, in the battle and just same and same again....this team just stinks
Marti post-match on 23:45 - Dec 26 with 3904 viewsnumptydumpty

Stick with Marti but we seem to have at least fifty percent of games we just simply don't seem to have any ideas how to score and can create winning goals out of nowhere with consummate ease for the opposition...

It's not the managers fault.

Players at fault...

Dunne
Kakay
Dozzell
Field
Smyth
Chair
Dykes

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Marti post-match on 23:56 - Dec 26 with 3869 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti post-match on 19:20 - Dec 26 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Didn't take u long did it Stainrod!

Take me long for what? It's a bugbear, and I'll keep saying it.

I like Cifuentes, but I don't like bullshit.

Marti post-match on 00:09 - Dec 27 with 3833 viewsLazyFan

Marti played the wrong players in the wrong positions today.
Hopefully, he learned some things so he can make corrections.

We learned that Paal cannot play midfield, he needs to be on the left-hand side only. We learned that Dozy still cannot get up and down the pitch quickly enough, even when he's the attacking mid. I can see why managers pick him, he has good close control, but press him and drag him around the pitch and he's not up to speed. There's no point playing Dozy anymore. EDB or Larkeche should be ahead of him at all times. When is Colback back? We need him.

Dunne is done, he's okay but really a reserve like Kakay. Not really up to the required level, Cook has shown that. Dunne too often gets caught out with the ball over the top. Cook needs to come back quickly.

Kakay of course is not Champ standard and Cannon should replace him all the time.

Willock when fit should be on instead of Smyth (who is not bad just not at the level of Willock). It was noticeable that when Uncle came on the commentators said "Well we know he can cross a ball", which reveals that they also know Smyth cannot.

Dykes is just not good enough, but we have no one else.

So, of today's staring 11, if we changed up 4 of the outfield 10 with what we have now when they are fit (big IF I know) we have a chance. With the reservists we do not as we can see against a drek Millwall who we made look decent.

Really need a loan to be ahead of Dykes, this would mean 5 outfield players changes and then we stand a chance. Lets hope we can resolve that quickly.

Chair looked tired today.

zzzzzzzzzz

Marti post-match on 00:39 - Dec 27 with 3758 viewsHertsR

Marti post-match on 23:19 - Dec 26 by Midlands_Ranger

I think honestly there's not a being on earth could get much out of this squad. Absolutely rotten to the core. Any results we do get have to be flukes, opposition on a bad day etc

So many dumb, lacklustre, brainless, gutless, zero pride, just pick up your paycheck (non)performers in the squad. It's gone on for so long it just can't be every manager, the manager is a big part of things but really it's the team isn't it, they step onto the pitch and they are in the moment, in the battle and just same and same again....this team just stinks

This. 100%.
Marti post-match on 08:27 - Dec 27 with 3446 viewsgazza1

Marti post-match on 23:56 - Dec 26 by stainrods_elbow

What do you want the Manager to say???
Marti post-match on 08:44 - Dec 27 with 3396 viewsfrancisbowles

If you don't like "bullshit", why are you so quick to find the manager's video interview after the game?
Marti post-match on 09:05 - Dec 27 with 3350 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

All the managers come out with the same thing, and yes it's bland and boring. You'll never hear anything particularly insightful.
Rather than getting upset by it, just don't watch them.

And to be honest, MCs comment about not being brave is spot on. These players are shot.
Marti post-match on 09:14 - Dec 27 with 3305 viewsThGrimRanger

Marti post-match on 23:19 - Dec 26 by Midlands_Ranger

well summarised … and this is why the DoF had to leave, for those out there that still think he did a good job

TheGrimRanger

Pak Web on 10:31 - Dec 27 with 3124 viewspaulparker

We’ve tried everything else , I’m game as long as we stay up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Pak Web on 10:46 - Dec 27 with 3077 viewsfrancisbowles

Welcome to this board. What's your favourite cheese?
Marti post-match on 11:14 - Dec 27 with 3024 viewsgazza1

Marti post-match on 09:14 - Dec 27 by ThGrimRanger

well summarised … and this is why the DoF had to leave, for those out there that still think he did a good job

What was his job please(DofF)???? Interested to know.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 11:15]
Marti post-match on 11:26 - Dec 27 with 3000 viewsconnell10

I think we can safely say its not the managers fault on this one. We as a team just aren't good enough, it really is as simple as that. Pep couldn't get a tune out of this lot . The owners messed up originally with the FFP and this is the outcome. We have been in demise ever since and I think relegation is coming. So don't blame the various managers blame the people at the top who have put OUR club into this position.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Pak Web on 11:33 - Dec 27 with 2972 viewsTheChef

Surah al Fatihah's blue and white army.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Marti post-match on 19:17 - Dec 27 with 2714 viewsNorthernr

I have said this to you before, when you were slaughtering Warburton I believe, but you won't like the next guy's post match interviews either.
Marti post-match on 19:19 - Dec 27 with 2701 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti post-match on 08:44 - Dec 27 by francisbowles

If you don't like "bullshit", why are you so quick to find the manager's video interview after the game?

Where's the mystery? I'm a QPR fan, and I follow all things QPR, with the critical and sometimes unhinged love that is my prerogative and punishment - and indeed my obligation - as a fanatic. You might as well tell me, if performances are going south and you're not happy with what you're seeing, why watch them either? I don't understand what your problem is. Meanwhile, if other fans are happy to suck up post-match interviews that trade in hot air when it comes to our 'strike force' and turn our supporters into mugs, good luck to them, but I'm not.

Here's one florid fantasy of how a more satisfying and authentic post-match interview could go:

INTERVIEWER: Marti, that's one goal in four games, and one has to wonder right now when the next one will arrive. What do you say to fans who are understandably anxious that this, as claimed by the inestimable Clive Whittingham on LFW, and after an infuriating little run that filled us with savage hope, is indeed a team with no goals in it? We're second lowest scorers in the table ffs. Pick the bones out of that plate of paella!

MC: Their feelings are as understandable as you say, but, as the coaching staff, we mustn't panic and look at the bigger picture, even if the bigger picture resembles Picasso's Guernica. I'm not the Messiah, and I'm not the Spanish Armada. If another four games produces the same result, and then another four, and then another, we may have to tweak a few things. We need to look at how we can time our attacks of the spaces better and create some chances in the box. We're currently working on the revolutionary idea of getting some players in there to make it happen. Or not. I picked that up from El Presidente Andy Sinton.

INTERVIEWER: Sorry, Marti, you said exactly the same thing after the Plymouth game as I recall. Or was it the Sheffield Wednesday game? It's already feeling like a bit of stock answer. You want the team to be braver, but why don't you take the lead?

MC [whirling a red cape]: Ole!

INTERVIEWER: No bull! Turning to our Scottish tornado Lyndon Dykes, he's contributed around 20 Championship goals in the last three years, and about two and a half this season. He doesn't score, he doesn't create, he doesn't anticipate, he barely registers on our visual fields. What is he for apart from modelling a gruesome array of tattoos?

MC: We need to learn how to activate him. At the moment, he is apparently rather inactive. If we can't do it, he may need to be taken away to be deactivated. Or we could sell him to Millwall for 500 pesetas and a bottle of Calvados.

INTERVIEWER: What about the continued policy of playing Chair out wide? Can he not function as a no. 8? Dozzell pulls about as many strings as a one-armed guitarist and has a face like a stoned zombie!

MC: We're looking to see if any of the other Seven Dwarfs may be available to keep Dozy company in the middle. Colback, aka the Ginger Whinger, is already auditioning for the role of Grumpy. But I have to say I don't see any part for Happy in this club, however.

INTERVIEWER: Finally, what's your seasonal message to the fanbase if only to keep people's spirits up?

MC: We need you, even if we don't deserve you. O come all ye faithful! And ye faithless!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 19:27]

Marti post-match on 19:20 - Dec 27 with 2695 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti post-match on 19:17 - Dec 27 by Northernr

I have said this to you before, when you were slaughtering Warburton I believe, but you won't like the next guy's post match interviews either.

Well done, you - you're a prophet! What's your point, Clive?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024