Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to cash in on some players 12:07 - Jan 7 with 5044 viewsQPRConor2000

I personally feel like if we want to at least give Marti some funds to work with, then we seriously need to look at selling some players.

I personally think selling Field and Willock would be my two id sell.

I think in the current market we could get £2m combined, at least, then we would have space then to get maybe 2 or 3 decent loans till the end of the season.

We are at that stage now where we do need to start considering some sales to at least give Marti some funds.

[Post edited 7 Jan 12:10]
Time to cash in on some players on 18:15 - Jan 7 with 1266 viewsCateLeBonR

Time to cash in on some players on 16:46 - Jan 7 by davman

Cracks me up that some seriously think we'll get any coin for Willock. He'll know EXACTLY where he is going and they will not offer anything for him as they know he'll be coming for nothing for the start of next season.

Be prepared for him to go into self preservation mode in March if not before so as not to scupper his latest move.

Face it, unless the club has to take a joke offer for Chair no-one will be moving for any kind of sum this window; I mean who'd want any of this bunch of losers?

I can see Willock going to somewhere like West Brom. Bloated squad with good wages where he won't have to play every minute of every game to be of use. Think he'd improve a club like that even if they go up.
Time to cash in on some players on 19:19 - Jan 7 with 1143 viewsBushRanger82

I certainly wouldn't like the job of trying to flog off any of our hapless shower.
The reason we still have Chair and Willock, is nobody came in for them in the summer, and I'll be surprised if anybody does this month.
I know I bloody wouldn't.
Time to cash in on some players on 19:27 - Jan 7 with 1124 viewsRangersw12

I can still see Leeds coming in for Chair again but bar that can't see anyone wanting any of these players

Will be interesting to see where Willock ends up once his contract expires as I bet it won't be as lucrative as he thinks it will be you as only have to look at where Roberts and Laird ended up after last season
Time to cash in on some players on 19:29 - Jan 7 with 1122 viewsbotishe

im new here ... anyone to show me around ??? lol
Time to cash in on some players on 19:30 - Jan 7 with 1120 viewsbotishe

Time to cash in on some players on 15:24 - Jan 7 by stainrods_elbow

This! (And always best to be in the minority/on the edges, rather than siding with the smugly/loudly despairing majority.)

I think our staying up is touch and go at best, but it's certainly far from unreachable.

sure
Time to cash in on some players on 19:31 - Jan 7 with 1117 viewsSK_hoops

Time to cash in on some players on 19:27 - Jan 7 by Rangersw12

I can still see Leeds coming in for Chair again but bar that can't see anyone wanting any of these players

Will be interesting to see where Willock ends up once his contract expires as I bet it won't be as lucrative as he thinks it will be you as only have to look at where Roberts and Laird ended up after last season

I mean, I wouldn't buy a player who has hardly done anything for a full calender year and can't seem to put a run of games together.
Time to cash in on some players on 19:36 - Jan 7 with 1091 viewsOldPedro

Time to cash in on some players on 19:29 - Jan 7 by botishe

im new here ... anyone to show me around ??? lol

What's your favourite cheese?? (standard forum question not me being weird)

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Time to cash in on some players on 10:01 - Jan 8 with 910 viewsTheChef

Er yeah none of our players are exactly in demand, and any offers we might get would probably be of the piss take variety.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Time to cash in on some players on 10:39 - Jan 8 with 856 viewsslmrstid

We should pull the old Championship Manager 01-02 trick of transfer listing everyone for £0, then when clubs come in with free transfer offers give a counter offer to exchange with their most expensive player, to which a second counter offer comes in with loads of money as the other club doesn't want to exchange a player.

Rinse and repeat a few times and you're loaded.

If it worked in a 20+ year old computer game it must work in real life too, right?
Time to cash in on some players on 12:05 - Jan 8 with 718 viewsNed_Kennedys

Time to cash in on some players on 18:15 - Jan 7 by CateLeBonR

I can see Willock going to somewhere like West Brom. Bloated squad with good wages where he won't have to play every minute of every game to be of use. Think he'd improve a club like that even if they go up.

Willock has not been top half of Championship level for ages and will never be Premier League level.
When he leaves for nothing in the summer I think he will end up abroad.
Time to cash in on some players on 13:57 - Jan 8 with 559 viewsbosh67

Okay so that would possibly be

Willock £2 million
Chair £4 million

So that's £6 million. But we have been losing £2m+ a month for well over a year so that would then leave a January transfer kitty of approximately minus £18 million. But of course there are the stand naming rights which would bring that down by I guess £3 million so we would have around minus £15 million to spend. Honestly we've got a better chance if we start putting money in a bucket again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Time to cash in on some players on 14:18 - Jan 8 with 524 viewsted_hendrix

Time to cash in on some players on 13:57 - Jan 8 by bosh67

Okay so that would possibly be

Willock £2 million
Chair £4 million

So that's £6 million. But we have been losing £2m+ a month for well over a year so that would then leave a January transfer kitty of approximately minus £18 million. But of course there are the stand naming rights which would bring that down by I guess £3 million so we would have around minus £15 million to spend. Honestly we've got a better chance if we start putting money in a bucket again.

Nobody would pay £2 million for Willock not a chance in hell. you'd be lucky to get 45 bloody Rupees for the bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Time to cash in on some players on 14:18 - Jan 8 with 522 viewsLongRanger

A club can't rebuild in January, so sell Chair is suicide. Our owners aren't short of money, they just can't spend it due to FFP. We sell Chair, and we're effectively accepting relegation, we won 3 on the trot and can again, we can still stay up. If we do go down, FFP goes away and we can go out spending again, so losing £2-3m on Chairs valuation then doesn't matter, as they lose £1m+ a month now anyway.

Willock will surely end up down the road from his brother at Sunderland in the summer, we just need to get what we can from him on the pitch until then.
Time to cash in on some players on 14:48 - Jan 8 with 471 viewsTheChef

Love how some posters think clubs will chuck millions of pounds at underperforming players in a relegation-threatened team

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024