Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendances 14:31 - Feb 13 with 7234 viewsQPRConor2000

Its quite incredible to see how our attendances have risen, despite our struggles this season.

I think our average attendances this season have been around 16k, which is a fantastic return.

Also, our attendances have gone up by around 2700 in the last five years, which is the 7th most in the Championship, that tells me the fanbase is definitely growing.

I know the owners have said that they are looking at revamping LR, but surely if your looking at these numbers, your going to have to rethink that.

[Post edited 13 Feb 15:54]
Attendances on 14:41 - Feb 13 with 4175 viewsTheChef

But why?!

Lapsed fans?
New fans?
More kids coming to games?
Cifuentes effect?

I mean even under Ainsworth attendances still held up well.

All great - but odd.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Attendances on 14:50 - Feb 13 with 4111 viewsstevec

Think revamp means kick the can down the road, like the much vaunted new stadium.

I see there’s a brand new golf course opening this year in Northolt, the second one in West London area within the last couple of years. Begs the question, how do they manage to find land when we are incapable.

Perivale golf club is likely to close in the near future, the swimming pool went a while back. Do we atempt to make any approach’s on these sites?
Attendances on 14:53 - Feb 13 with 4101 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Attendances on 14:41 - Feb 13 by TheChef

But why?!

Lapsed fans?
New fans?
Cifuentes effect?

All great - but odd.

I get the impression it's a great place to come if you want to experience a proper old skool football match, particularly with the safe standing. An old stadium, you're right on top of the pitch, and on Saturday, a very decent match too.
Attendances on 14:53 - Feb 13 with 4097 viewsBoston

Attendances on 14:50 - Feb 13 by stevec

Think revamp means kick the can down the road, like the much vaunted new stadium.

I see there’s a brand new golf course opening this year in Northolt, the second one in West London area within the last couple of years. Begs the question, how do they manage to find land when we are incapable.

Perivale golf club is likely to close in the near future, the swimming pool went a while back. Do we atempt to make any approach’s on these sites?

It's a lot easier to obtain approval for a golf course, than a football stadium.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Attendances on 14:55 - Feb 13 with 4111 viewsE17hoop

Attendances on 14:41 - Feb 13 by TheChef

But why?!

Lapsed fans?
New fans?
Cifuentes effect?

All great - but odd.

In our row in the R block there are a few non-ST seats and they fill pretty much most weeks.

We've had in the last few games:
4 white 20 somethings - 2 men and 2 women. The men were into it, the girls brought along for the experience.
A South Pacific mum and her son aged about 12 and his mate. There for a birthday trip/treat and all got into it.
Swiss tourists, there to watch Frey who went mental when he scored.
German tourists who arrived late, went to get beers at HT and never came back.

It's a real mix.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Attendances on 15:20 - Feb 13 with 3971 viewsLazyFan

Some reasons could be ...

- It's right next to the West End, great for a day out.
- Can't get into your Prem club? You can come and watch QPR. Despite the prices, you can actually get in on the day.
- One parent wants to spend 10 hours in Westfield, the other is in charge of the kids. Take em to a football match so they can burn 3 hours doing that.
- We have a rep of playing football and not hoof ball, even if sometimes that is not true. Good for the neutral to come and watch a match they can get into.
- Away fans, it's a day out in the big smoke in a decent part of London. The other half can come as well and spend time in Westfield. We are seen as whipping boys, especially at home, so if you are going to spend a lot on an away game, Charity Park Rangers is the obvious choice for away fans. Which is why they get so upset when we charge more. Loo Hoos has cleverly worked this out and the other clubs know it and fans don't like it.
- But the biggest factor is you can actually see the players up close, like real close. You can hear them and all the fans around the ground. The fans are right on top of the players, and also the pitch is tight, so there is no escape in the middle even. This is a great experience for all fans of football.

The downside is we're not that great a team at the moment and of course, the seats are for Hobbits. Marti has improved one, we need a new stadium for the other.

We need a 40K stadium that has reuse outside of football. This is the only way to survive. Saying we won't fill it is talking about now. Brand new world-class stadium in a world-class city in the proper site (as in can get there on the tube) will bring thousands more. Reading when they built a new stadium got 5K more than usual. That's Reading in the middle of nowhere.

Attendances for Reading went down when they became rubbish and had bad owners. So, could that happen to us? No.

We have proven when we go down attendances go up! We have proven we can fill it if the football gets better and the pricing is correct. We have proven we have the numbers, as when we get to Wembley, the fans turn up, and no they are not token fans. Even I turned up, as I wanted to see QPR win at Wembley in my lifetime and I am a trolling keyboard warrior who is getting fatter by the day who never goes.

We can fill a 40K stadium if it's done right, and yes, not straight away it will be incremental 25K, 30K, 35K and so on. If you are gonna spend that money on building an expensive stadium, then 30K is pointless, might as well spend the extra to get the massive size and then look at the problem of filling it. Even if we didn't fill it for Football, we could fill it for other events which we would need too. Fight nights, concerts, mega-churches, Zumba marathons etc. Put in some events space in the actual infrastructure, and you have corporate conference space in the middle of busy London at prices cheaper than all the others.

We need a new stadium or we are dead!

zzzzzzzzzz

Attendances on 15:52 - Feb 13 with 3871 viewsQPRConor2000

Interesting.

It does make me wonder if we might end up doing a Heston and we end up buying the freehold for that particular land, and we end up building a new stadium there.

Is this is the new course your referring to by the way?

https://ealing.news/sport/northolt-to-get-new-modern-golf-club-and-course-from-t
[Post edited 13 Feb 16:05]
Attendances on 16:21 - Feb 13 with 3771 viewsdutch

Attendances on 15:20 - Feb 13 by LazyFan

- Can't get into your Prem club? You can come and watch QPR. Despite the prices, you can actually get in on the day.
- One parent wants to spend 10 hours in Westfield, the other is in charge of the kids. Take em to a football match so they can burn 3 hours doing that.
- We have a rep of playing football and not hoof ball, even if sometimes that is not true. Good for the neutral to come and watch a match they can get into.
- Away fans, it's a day out in the big smoke in a decent part of London. The other half can come as well and spend time in Westfield. We are seen as whipping boys, especially at home, so if you are going to spend a lot on an away game, Charity Park Rangers is the obvious choice for away fans. Which is why they get so upset when we charge more. Loo Hoos has cleverly worked this out and the other clubs know it and fans don't like it.
- But the biggest factor is you can actually see the players up close, like real close. You can hear them and all the fans around the ground. The fans are right on top of the players, and also the pitch is tight, so there is no escape in the middle even. This is a great experience for all fans of football.

The downside is we're not that great a team at the moment and of course, the seats are for Hobbits. Marti has improved one, we need a new stadium for the other.

We need a 40K stadium that has reuse outside of football. This is the only way to survive. Saying we won't fill it is talking about now. Brand new world-class stadium in a world-class city in the proper site (as in can get there on the tube) will bring thousands more. Reading when they built a new stadium got 5K more than usual. That's Reading in the middle of nowhere.

Attendances for Reading went down when they became rubbish and had bad owners. So, could that happen to us? No.

We have proven when we go down attendances go up! We have proven we can fill it if the football gets better and the pricing is correct. We have proven we have the numbers, as when we get to Wembley, the fans turn up, and no they are not token fans. Even I turned up, as I wanted to see QPR win at Wembley in my lifetime and I am a trolling keyboard warrior who is getting fatter by the day who never goes.

We can fill a 40K stadium if it's done right, and yes, not straight away it will be incremental 25K, 30K, 35K and so on. If you are gonna spend that money on building an expensive stadium, then 30K is pointless, might as well spend the extra to get the massive size and then look at the problem of filling it. Even if we didn't fill it for Football, we could fill it for other events which we would need too. Fight nights, concerts, mega-churches, Zumba marathons etc. Put in some events space in the actual infrastructure, and you have corporate conference space in the middle of busy London at prices cheaper than all the others.

There's a real contradiction in your piece. I agree we are getting good crowds partly because of where we are in London, transport links, shops, restaurants etc. I also agree that proximity to the pitch, old style atmosphere is a real draw in the age of plastic premier league games. And yet you want to blow both of those advantages with a new stadium. It will not be in W12, it will not be the Loftus Road experience which is drawing fans. You then quote Reading for your argument, have you seen how they are doing in their ghastly, ghostly hell hole of a stadium miles from anywhere?

NO, no no. Make Loftus Road as large and comfortable as possible, fill it every week and we will be fine.
Login to get fewer ads

Attendances on 16:28 - Feb 13 with 3739 viewsPaddyhoops

Attendances on 15:52 - Feb 13 by QPRConor2000

Interesting.

It does make me wonder if we might end up doing a Heston and we end up buying the freehold for that particular land, and we end up building a new stadium there.

https://ealing.news/sport/northolt-to-get-new-modern-golf-club-and-course-from-t

Leeds and Leicester came down . Sheffield wed and Ipswich came up . Well supported clubs who always bring a full compliment.
Millwall , Norwich, West Brom and Coventry pretty much the same.
Every match we have now has something riding on it now.
It’s rarely empty now . Long may it continue.
Attendances on 16:29 - Feb 13 with 3734 viewsSpaceman_P

Attendances on 16:21 - Feb 13 by dutch

There's a real contradiction in your piece. I agree we are getting good crowds partly because of where we are in London, transport links, shops, restaurants etc. I also agree that proximity to the pitch, old style atmosphere is a real draw in the age of plastic premier league games. And yet you want to blow both of those advantages with a new stadium. It will not be in W12, it will not be the Loftus Road experience which is drawing fans. You then quote Reading for your argument, have you seen how they are doing in their ghastly, ghostly hell hole of a stadium miles from anywhere?

NO, no no. Make Loftus Road as large and comfortable as possible, fill it every week and we will be fine.

agreed!!
Attendances on 16:35 - Feb 13 with 3686 viewsqpr_1968

also non qpr guests.....these two are aston villa fans...

this makes for a really good watch...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Attendances on 16:58 - Feb 13 with 3586 viewsdsw2509

I did enjoy that video. Looks like we picked up a couple of new fans. The fact is, there is nowhere else like a packed out and noisy LR. It’s unique.
Attendances on 17:09 - Feb 13 with 3525 viewsqpr_1968

Attendances on 16:58 - Feb 13 by dsw2509

I did enjoy that video. Looks like we picked up a couple of new fans. The fact is, there is nowhere else like a packed out and noisy LR. It’s unique.

i was chatting to the lad with the glasses at half time while his mate was, now i know, giving a half time report.
had no idea they were villa fans at the time, just a couple of over exited qpr boys. until i see this video.
good couple of shots of young tommy collins still going strong i see.

your right, hopefully convereted, if not a few more trips to loftus road might do the trick.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Attendances on 17:36 - Feb 13 with 3397 viewsBoston

Attendances on 17:09 - Feb 13 by qpr_1968

i was chatting to the lad with the glasses at half time while his mate was, now i know, giving a half time report.
had no idea they were villa fans at the time, just a couple of over exited qpr boys. until i see this video.
good couple of shots of young tommy collins still going strong i see.

your right, hopefully convereted, if not a few more trips to loftus road might do the trick.

Yeah, he mentioned 80 year old men in the vid.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Attendances on 18:08 - Feb 13 with 3321 viewsMick_S

I used to work there, Steve. If it opens this year I’m Nick Faldo.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Attendances on 18:14 - Feb 13 with 3298 viewsMick_S

Attendances on 15:52 - Feb 13 by QPRConor2000

Interesting.

That’s the one.

Anyway, I can’t understand how our attendances have held up so well, but it’s tremendous. I tells ya, there’s a medium sized club in there somewhere.

Attendances on 18:24 - Feb 13 with 3247 viewsQPRConor2000

Attendances on 18:14 - Feb 13 by Mick_S

That’s the one.

Anyway, I can’t understand how our attendances have held up so well, but it’s tremendous. I tells ya, there’s a medium sized club in there somewhere.

Its a shame we cant really extend Loftus Road, cause If there was the room, wed be all over it by now.

I love LR, but I know its limitations.

[Post edited 13 Feb 18:26]
Attendances on 19:13 - Feb 13 with 3147 viewscolinallcars

Attendances on 18:08 - Feb 13 by Mick_S

What's your handicap ?
I played golf with a chimney sweep once, he was brilliant.
“What's your handicap ?” I asked.
“Central heating’’ he replied.
The ol' ones are the best.
Attendances on 19:28 - Feb 13 with 3089 viewsqprrunner

Attendances on 15:20 - Feb 13 by LazyFan

Rep of playing good football?? Who's spreading these vicious rumours?!
Attendances on 19:33 - Feb 13 with 3062 viewsstevec

Attendances on 18:08 - Feb 13 by Mick_S

Ha. They’re saying this Inspirations club will open this summer, at least that’s the PR. What was there before when you worked there?

Shutting Perivale, which is still financially viable, least that’s what the Council want. Thinking about it, the place floods every winter so maybe not the best place for a stadium!

Regards attendance, I wonder if people like the accessibility, affordability and competitive nature of football outside the Premier.
Attendances on 19:44 - Feb 13 with 3033 viewsMick_S

Attendances on 19:33 - Feb 13 by stevec

Ha. They’re saying this Inspirations club will open this summer, at least that’s the PR. What was there before when you worked there?

Shutting Perivale, which is still financially viable, least that’s what the Council want. Thinking about it, the place floods every winter so maybe not the best place for a stadium!

Regards attendance, I wonder if people like the accessibility, affordability and competitive nature of football outside the Premier.

It’s been worked on for several years - Covid did it’s thing and interrupted everything. The course is built on landfill. I was only there for a few months in 2022 and got sick to death of digging rocks out of the ground rather than cutting grass, etc.

It will be decent on completion; certainly different. The Established 9 hole course is very good indeed when it’s in good nick. Mind the dinosaurs.

Attendances on 20:39 - Feb 13 with 2937 views89_50

Given the success of safe standing, I wonder (and hope) if there are plans to extend it around the ground.

Not sure if there are FA/League limitations on how much has to be strictly seated, but it would certainly improve the comfort levels and perhaps offers another more marketable selling point, even if it's a novelty factor.
Attendances on 21:19 - Feb 13 with 2839 viewsnumptydumpty

One game there was no more than 12k there. Loads season ticket holders around me weren't there but clearly included in attendances saying around 16k.

Nonsense

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Attendances on 22:17 - Feb 13 with 2729 viewshighleverhoopL

I sit in V block in the middle of ER which is as close as we get to a neutral section - only a scattering of ST holders around me.
Tourists often here in numbers and having spoken to a few I think that more and more come to the UK specifically to take in a couple of Prem games. They tack on a visit to LR as well. Its close to central London, tickets available, and they are told its old school and authentic. I guess this gets reported on socials and around it goes....
Attendances on 22:23 - Feb 13 with 2707 viewsnumptydumpty

Attendances on 22:17 - Feb 13 by highleverhoopL

I sit in V block in the middle of ER which is as close as we get to a neutral section - only a scattering of ST holders around me.
Tourists often here in numbers and having spoken to a few I think that more and more come to the UK specifically to take in a couple of Prem games. They tack on a visit to LR as well. Its close to central London, tickets available, and they are told its old school and authentic. I guess this gets reported on socials and around it goes....

Yes we definitely get a few tourists visiting and quite often Scandinavians where we have strong following

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024