Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendances 14:31 - Feb 13 with 7542 viewsQPRConor2000

Its quite incredible to see how our attendances have risen, despite our struggles this season.

I think our average attendances this season have been around 16k, which is a fantastic return.

Also, our attendances have gone up by around 2700 in the last five years, which is the 7th most in the Championship, that tells me the fanbase is definitely growing.

I know the owners have said that they are looking at revamping LR, but surely if your looking at these numbers, your going to have to rethink that.

[Post edited 13 Feb 15:54]
Attendances on 08:35 - Feb 14 with 3075 viewswombat

Attendances on 18:24 - Feb 13 by QPRConor2000

Its a shame we cant really extend Loftus Road, cause If there was the room, wed be all over it by now.

I love LR, but I know its limitations.

[Post edited 13 Feb 18:26]

we could have and we should have we didnt , not buying the land behind the away end is yet another cock up to add to our list of cock ups over the years

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Attendances on 10:39 - Feb 14 with 2899 viewsHayesender

Spoke to a large group of Norwegians before the game on Saturday. They just pick a couple of random games a season and this was their first visit to Loftus Road, and they were really looking forward to a proper English ground. They'd also paid £42 each, which they thought was a bargain. I introduced them to the Coningham as they were looking for a pub with sky, and I was walking that way anyway.

I hope they enjoyed their day

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Attendances on 11:26 - Feb 14 with 2853 viewsLazyFan

Attendances on 16:21 - Feb 13 by dutch

There's a real contradiction in your piece. I agree we are getting good crowds partly because of where we are in London, transport links, shops, restaurants etc. I also agree that proximity to the pitch, old style atmosphere is a real draw in the age of plastic premier league games. And yet you want to blow both of those advantages with a new stadium. It will not be in W12, it will not be the Loftus Road experience which is drawing fans. You then quote Reading for your argument, have you seen how they are doing in their ghastly, ghostly hell hole of a stadium miles from anywhere?

NO, no no. Make Loftus Road as large and comfortable as possible, fill it every week and we will be fine.

I mentioned Reading as the excuse of a bigger new stadium has always been "but we don't have that many fans", which is only looking at the data now. But if we look at them, who as your correctly point out are in the middle of nowhere they still got increased crowds and all they did was build the stadium. Later they went up and down and I did say before Reading went bad. You do need the football as well as the location. Reading now has neither =] =] =]

If it's on a tube in West London area (better if it's closer to where we are now), then that will be good enough location-wise. That's a big IF, I know.

Also, we have more proof that Hoos is fleecing away fans; here are some WBA fans complaining about it: https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2024/02/14/west-brom-fans-angered-qpr-ticket-pric
Everyone likes a trip to Big Smoke, it seems; who knew?

As I stated before, we have proven we can get the crowds. If we rip out the lame seats, which will cost millions and replace them with new seats offering proper room for 6fters like myself, that's not just ripping out seats; that's a reconstruction cost and time of each stand. Millions and for what? Less money? That's a poor investment, which is why they have not bothered as we are still in Loftus Road.

We should never have left White City Stadium, but that was a millennia ago. We need a new stadium.

zzzzzzzzzz

Attendances on 12:24 - Feb 14 with 2784 viewsQPRConor2000

Attendances on 11:26 - Feb 14 by LazyFan

I mentioned Reading as the excuse of a bigger new stadium has always been "but we don't have that many fans", which is only looking at the data now. But if we look at them, who as your correctly point out are in the middle of nowhere they still got increased crowds and all they did was build the stadium. Later they went up and down and I did say before Reading went bad. You do need the football as well as the location. Reading now has neither =] =] =]

If it's on a tube in West London area (better if it's closer to where we are now), then that will be good enough location-wise. That's a big IF, I know.

Also, we have more proof that Hoos is fleecing away fans; here are some WBA fans complaining about it: https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2024/02/14/west-brom-fans-angered-qpr-ticket-pric

As I stated before, we have proven we can get the crowds. If we rip out the lame seats, which will cost millions and replace them with new seats offering proper room for 6fters like myself, that's not just ripping out seats; that's a reconstruction cost and time of each stand. Millions and for what? Less money? That's a poor investment, which is why they have not bothered as we are still in Loftus Road.

We should never have left White City Stadium, but that was a millennia ago. We need a new stadium.

We absolutely need a new stadium as much as I love Loftus Road, the question is what would be the capacity and whether wed fill it.

There are some things we could do to Loftus Road such as safe standing etc, but ultimately the long term aim is to get a new stadium.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I recon we might end up doing what we did with Heston and we end up buying land for a new stadium in and around Greenford/Perivale and thats where we end up in future.

Maybe thats why the owners have been quiet about this supposed revamp of LR since they openly announced it? Could it be a way of trying to appease the council perhaps?
[Post edited 14 Feb 12:32]
Attendances on 12:45 - Feb 14 with 2751 viewsTheChef

Attendances on 15:20 - Feb 13 by LazyFan

Some reasons could be ...

- It's right next to the West End, great for a day out.
- Can't get into your Prem club? You can come and watch QPR. Despite the prices, you can actually get in on the day.
- One parent wants to spend 10 hours in Westfield, the other is in charge of the kids. Take em to a football match so they can burn 3 hours doing that.
- We have a rep of playing football and not hoof ball, even if sometimes that is not true. Good for the neutral to come and watch a match they can get into.
- Away fans, it's a day out in the big smoke in a decent part of London. The other half can come as well and spend time in Westfield. We are seen as whipping boys, especially at home, so if you are going to spend a lot on an away game, Charity Park Rangers is the obvious choice for away fans. Which is why they get so upset when we charge more. Loo Hoos has cleverly worked this out and the other clubs know it and fans don't like it.
- But the biggest factor is you can actually see the players up close, like real close. You can hear them and all the fans around the ground. The fans are right on top of the players, and also the pitch is tight, so there is no escape in the middle even. This is a great experience for all fans of football.

The downside is we're not that great a team at the moment and of course, the seats are for Hobbits. Marti has improved one, we need a new stadium for the other.

We need a 40K stadium that has reuse outside of football. This is the only way to survive. Saying we won't fill it is talking about now. Brand new world-class stadium in a world-class city in the proper site (as in can get there on the tube) will bring thousands more. Reading when they built a new stadium got 5K more than usual. That's Reading in the middle of nowhere.

Attendances for Reading went down when they became rubbish and had bad owners. So, could that happen to us? No.

We have proven when we go down attendances go up! We have proven we can fill it if the football gets better and the pricing is correct. We have proven we have the numbers, as when we get to Wembley, the fans turn up, and no they are not token fans. Even I turned up, as I wanted to see QPR win at Wembley in my lifetime and I am a trolling keyboard warrior who is getting fatter by the day who never goes.

We can fill a 40K stadium if it's done right, and yes, not straight away it will be incremental 25K, 30K, 35K and so on. If you are gonna spend that money on building an expensive stadium, then 30K is pointless, might as well spend the extra to get the massive size and then look at the problem of filling it. Even if we didn't fill it for Football, we could fill it for other events which we would need too. Fight nights, concerts, mega-churches, Zumba marathons etc. Put in some events space in the actual infrastructure, and you have corporate conference space in the middle of busy London at prices cheaper than all the others.

We need a new stadium or we are dead!

40K capacity?? No way, unless we're an established top flight team.

30K at most, but even that sounds like too much.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Attendances on 15:12 - Feb 14 with 2625 viewsterryb

Attendances on 11:26 - Feb 14 by LazyFan

Let's get this right. The prices for away fans are the same price as for Rangers fans in Loftus Road. You may argue that ST holders pay less than those prices, but so do other clubs ST holders pay less than Rangers fans when we are the visitors.

If that means that away fans are being fleeced, then so are we! This doesn't alter my view that we are overpriced!
Attendances on 15:40 - Feb 14 with 2574 viewsJuzzie

I thought we already had a multi page thread (well, about half a dozen threads) about a new stadium?

[Post edited 14 Feb 15:42]
Attendances on 17:59 - Feb 14 with 2447 viewsEsox_Lucius

Attendances on 12:45 - Feb 14 by TheChef

40K capacity?? No way, unless we're an established top flight team.

30K at most, but even that sounds like too much.

The smart thinking would be to build a Boavista shaped stadium to keep the Loftus Road vibe; corporate boxes above a 20k lower tier with a 15k -20k upper tier built but no seating/ facilties built until such a time that the club is successful enough to ensure 30k plus crowds.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Attendances on 18:49 - Feb 14 with 2356 viewsLazyFan

Attendances on 17:59 - Feb 14 by Esox_Lucius

The smart thinking would be to build a Boavista shaped stadium to keep the Loftus Road vibe; corporate boxes above a 20k lower tier with a 15k -20k upper tier built but no seating/ facilties built until such a time that the club is successful enough to ensure 30k plus crowds.

An incremental approach that aligns with actual growth is a great option, as long as we can scale up if we get some plush cup tie against Real Madrid or other such minnows ;P

zzzzzzzzzz

Attendances on 18:50 - Feb 14 with 2355 viewsLazyFan

Attendances on 15:40 - Feb 14 by Juzzie

I thought we already had a multi page thread (well, about half a dozen threads) about a new stadium?

[Post edited 14 Feb 15:42]

You, I think are totally correct, and of course, things change, and it gets revised. Change can be just some years gone by, or we have new owners or whatever.

It will probably come up again unless we go bust or look for a new stadia.

zzzzzzzzzz

Attendances on 23:24 - Feb 14 with 2240 viewscolinallcars

I wonder if tonight's “performance” could be the death knell for the level of support we've seen.
I expend more energy and commitment walking down to the ground than these creatures do on the field of play.
Attendances on 10:56 - Feb 21 with 2017 viewsW7Ranger

Attendances on 18:24 - Feb 13 by QPRConor2000

Its a shame we cant really extend Loftus Road, cause If there was the room, wed be all over it by now.

I love LR, but I know its limitations.

[Post edited 13 Feb 18:26]

Maybe we could dig down?
Attendances on 11:17 - Feb 21 with 1976 viewsdutch

Attendances on 12:24 - Feb 14 by QPRConor2000

We absolutely need a new stadium as much as I love Loftus Road, the question is what would be the capacity and whether wed fill it.

There are some things we could do to Loftus Road such as safe standing etc, but ultimately the long term aim is to get a new stadium.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I recon we might end up doing what we did with Heston and we end up buying land for a new stadium in and around Greenford/Perivale and thats where we end up in future.

Maybe thats why the owners have been quiet about this supposed revamp of LR since they openly announced it? Could it be a way of trying to appease the council perhaps?
[Post edited 14 Feb 12:32]

If we end up in Greenford my support would whither away after fifty plus years, and I know I am not alone. Maybe a new generation of out of town Rangers fans will take over, but those of us tied to W12 by family, history and culture will not go to the boondocks.
Attendances on 11:06 - Feb 22 with 1653 viewsTW_R

Attendances on 10:56 - Feb 21 by W7Ranger

Maybe we could dig down?

If we dig down far enough we could end up in Sydney and they've got a couple of great stadiums there.
Attendances on 13:13 - Feb 22 with 1436 viewsderbyhoop

Most of us know, even if we find it difficult to acknowledge, that LR is a decrepit, out of date stadium, with limited capacity, too many restricted views, on a site that is far too small.

None of the improvements ever suggested, on this site, are practical or they fail to address the issues, in a financially sensible way.

When we are selling out a home game against Rotherham (22nd vs 24th) then the case for a new ground is overwhelming. We could argue about location and initial capacity but LR is no longer fit for purpose.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Attendances on 15:23 - Feb 22 with 1291 viewsQPRConor2000

Attendances on 13:13 - Feb 22 by derbyhoop

Most of us know, even if we find it difficult to acknowledge, that LR is a decrepit, out of date stadium, with limited capacity, too many restricted views, on a site that is far too small.

None of the improvements ever suggested, on this site, are practical or they fail to address the issues, in a financially sensible way.

When we are selling out a home game against Rotherham (22nd vs 24th) then the case for a new ground is overwhelming. We could argue about location and initial capacity but LR is no longer fit for purpose.

I do personally think there needs to be a consultation with us about whether we do start now looking outside the borough for a new stadium..

I know for many fans its a red line staying in W12, but at the end of the day, we have to ask ourselves whether we continue to restrict ourselves whilst being in W12, or whether we move to a neighbouring borough and we become financially sustainable.

I know what I would prefer.
[Post edited 22 Feb 15:43]
Attendances on 15:38 - Feb 22 with 1256 viewsstowmarketrange

Attendances on 13:13 - Feb 22 by derbyhoop

I wonder how many of those sold out tickets are £1 ones?Would we have sold out without those?
I would hate to leave our ground for some bowl out of town somewhere,but from a selfish point of view,I don’t think I could improve on my current seat at all.But I appreciate that not everyone is so lucky.
Attendances on 15:55 - Feb 22 with 1222 viewsNorthernr

Attendances on 10:56 - Feb 21 by W7Ranger

Maybe we could dig down?

Here he is, my man.

Dig down.
Revolving restaurant.
Job done.
Attendances on 16:01 - Feb 22 with 1195 viewsMytch_QPR

Attendances on 15:55 - Feb 22 by Northernr

Here he is, my man.

Dig down.
Revolving restaurant.
Job done.

Without sounding a bit simple, could someone explain the science behind this?

Surely - unless all the stands are triple decker atrocities - the pitch would end up being the size of a tennis court?

Given the catering standards at HQ, we'd probably end up with a revolting restaurant.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Attendances on 17:16 - Feb 22 with 1128 viewsNorthernr

Attendances on 16:01 - Feb 22 by Mytch_QPR

Without sounding a bit simple, could someone explain the science behind this?

Surely - unless all the stands are triple decker atrocities - the pitch would end up being the size of a tennis court?

Given the catering standards at HQ, we'd probably end up with a revolting restaurant.

Science? Fcking look at it.

"Two in the revolving restaurant for QPR v Newport County" you'd say.
"The box office only opens after 1.30pm sir," they'd reply.

Bowles Burger and two portions of Gary Chippers please.
Attendances on 22:37 - Feb 22 with 921 viewsNorthLondonR

Attendances on 14:55 - Feb 13 by E17hoop

In our row in the R block there are a few non-ST seats and they fill pretty much most weeks.

We've had in the last few games:
4 white 20 somethings - 2 men and 2 women. The men were into it, the girls brought along for the experience.
A South Pacific mum and her son aged about 12 and his mate. There for a birthday trip/treat and all got into it.
Swiss tourists, there to watch Frey who went mental when he scored.
German tourists who arrived late, went to get beers at HT and never came back.

It's a real mix.

I miss sitting next to you in the R block, they were good times... I still for the life of me can't pick out my former seat from the East Paddock. I hope you and your boy are doing well.
Attendances on 00:08 - Feb 23 with 831 viewsdaveB

because I am mental enough to check this I had a look at our home average attendance over the years in the second division/championship

Average is usually between 13 - 15k

Our current average is 16678 for this season so for the Championship that's the 7th highest ever at this level, most since promotion year in 2013/14 and more than the Warnock season, basically only one season better than this since the 1960's

Season Average Attendance - League Only
1948/49 - 21628
1967/68 - 19665
1949/50 - 19281
1969/70 - 17525
2013/14 - 17398
1950/51 - 16865
2023/24 - 16678
1951/52 - 16545
2004/05 - 16056
2015/16 - 15994
2010/11 - 15635

if you include cup games it's 15738 which again only the 2013/14 season is higher since the 1960's

Should say though a big factor is we've only had 3 midweek home games this season so far (Swansea, Plymouth & Stoke), it's usually at least double that which does affect attendence.
Attendances on 11:35 - Feb 23 with 563 viewsW7Ranger

Attendances on 15:55 - Feb 22 by Northernr

Here he is, my man.

Dig down.
Revolving restaurant.
Job done.

Was surprised no one hadn't already suggested it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024