Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair jailed for a year 13:00 - Feb 23 with 51655 viewsDevonWhite

According to The Sun.
Chair jailed for a year on 12:15 - Feb 25 with 3448 viewsR_from_afar

Now, this could be a load of rubbish because it's in The Sun, but they are claiming that overcrowding in Belgian jails could affect Chair's time inside, if his appeal fails. Here's the link:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26159684/reason-ilias-chair-allowed-play-qpr-jail

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Chair jailed for a year on 13:05 - Feb 25 with 3295 viewsE17hoop

Chair jailed for a year on 12:15 - Feb 25 by R_from_afar

Now, this could be a load of rubbish because it's in The Sun, but they are claiming that overcrowding in Belgian jails could affect Chair's time inside, if his appeal fails. Here's the link:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26159684/reason-ilias-chair-allowed-play-qpr-jail

Welcome to the Sun attempting to backtrack on their story yesterday without having checked the real reasons behind his non incarceration.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Chair jailed for a year on 13:15 - Feb 25 with 3226 viewsStanisgod

Chair jailed for a year on 13:39 - Feb 24 by FDC

They had a video of cifiuentes being interviewed and asked about it

[Post edited 24 Feb 13:40]

What did he expect him to say, idiot.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Chair jailed for a year on 13:20 - Feb 25 with 3205 viewsNorthernr

Chair jailed for a year on 13:05 - Feb 25 by E17hoop

Welcome to the Sun attempting to backtrack on their story yesterday without having checked the real reasons behind his non incarceration.

And even this appears to be nothing more than somebody Googling "Belgian prison system", copying and pasting the result into the CMS and hitting publish. There's a far better post than this article from BerlinR on page ten of this thread.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Chair jailed for a year on 13:35 - Feb 25 with 3133 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't click on The Sun. Disliked it before Hillsborough, hated it afterwards and not even slightly surprised by what they did to Chair.

Mind you, as Clive always says, there's plenty more papers who've lowered their standards in recent years. It's really very sad.

We'll find out the truth in time. We always do.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chair jailed for a year on 15:37 - Feb 25 with 2912 viewsR_from_afar

I'm no fan of The Sun, nor will I ever be, but for me at least, if true, the impact of overcrowding on any possible incarceration was a new angle.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Chair jailed for a year on 18:25 - Feb 27 with 2357 viewshoops_legend

So can we get a summary

Where is chair?
When’s he’s going to prison?
Is he actually getting in real trouble?
Do we still like him?

So many questions…

Personally I feel he played this weekend and the whole article was an exaggeration of reality. Hope he pays a settlement and we don’t hear anymore of it
Chair jailed for a year on 19:14 - Feb 27 with 2121 viewsHastings_Hoops

They are making some quite clear and bold statements. If I were Chair and if those statements were incorrect, I would be taking strong legal action.
Login to get fewer ads

Chair jailed for a year on 13:26 - Feb 28 with 1538 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Chair jailed for a year on 13:35 - Feb 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't click on The Sun. Disliked it before Hillsborough, hated it afterwards and not even slightly surprised by what they did to Chair.

Mind you, as Clive always says, there's plenty more papers who've lowered their standards in recent years. It's really very sad.

We'll find out the truth in time. We always do.

There comes a point in life - or at least there should be - where you realise that whatever the news media says is something you take like your tequila...with a pinch of salt!

That's the day that cynicism and mistrust with he establishment begins in earnest.

Hillsborough, the Miners' strike, the morning of the 1992 election, both Gulf Wars, and reading John Pilger. Nowhere is this more evident than the blatant lies and misreporting of the outcome of the 1986 League Cup final.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chair jailed for a year on 14:46 - Feb 28 with 1296 viewskensalriser

Chair jailed for a year on 13:26 - Feb 28 by PlanetHonneywood

There comes a point in life - or at least there should be - where you realise that whatever the news media says is something you take like your tequila...with a pinch of salt!

That's the day that cynicism and mistrust with he establishment begins in earnest.

Hillsborough, the Miners' strike, the morning of the 1992 election, both Gulf Wars, and reading John Pilger. Nowhere is this more evident than the blatant lies and misreporting of the outcome of the 1986 League Cup final.

What outcome?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chair jailed for a year on 14:50 - Feb 28 with 1252 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Chair jailed for a year on 14:46 - Feb 28 by kensalriser

What outcome?

Exactly Kensal. Exactly!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chair jailed for a year on 15:37 - Feb 28 with 1079 viewsTomS

Chair jailed for a year on 14:46 - Feb 28 by kensalriser

What outcome?

I have a fuzzy recollection of beating Liverpool over two legs. But after that, nothing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024