Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob Marley:One Love 06:24 - Mar 2 with 1284 viewsNorthantsHoop

In my opinion ignore the film critics, loved Bob Marley: One Love, a great film. A fantastic artist and by all accounts a decent footballer as well. Still remember buying the Exodus album in 1977, as good now as it was then.
Bob Marley:One Love on 06:29 - Mar 2 with 1258 viewsHooparoo

Marley was also a massive football fan ⚽️

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Bob Marley:One Love on 09:39 - Mar 2 with 1113 viewsderbyhoop

You need to listen carefully, as the dialogue is very Jamaican. Otherwise, very enjoyable. The guy who played Marley was fantastic. James Norton (Happy Valley) was good as Chris Blackwell, head of Island Records. They promoted a lot of Caribbean artists.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bob Marley:One Love on 09:59 - Mar 2 with 1069 viewsflynnbo

We used to regularly play against a team called the Wailers in the late 70s. It was in the Sportsman Sunday league.
Bob Marley:One Love on 10:34 - Mar 2 with 999 viewsloftboy

Went to see it on Wednesday, loved it thought it was on par with with Bohemian Rhapsody and better than Rocketman.
Didn’t realise there was virtually a civil war in Jamaica at that time.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bob Marley:One Love on 11:22 - Mar 2 with 894 viewsBoston

Bob Marley:One Love on 09:39 - Mar 2 by derbyhoop

You need to listen carefully, as the dialogue is very Jamaican. Otherwise, very enjoyable. The guy who played Marley was fantastic. James Norton (Happy Valley) was good as Chris Blackwell, head of Island Records. They promoted a lot of Caribbean artists.

Wot, no subtitles!

Wait 'til I tell Ivan.
[Post edited 2 Mar 11:23]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bob Marley:One Love on 12:06 - Mar 2 with 819 viewsLogman

I see Steel Pulse are playing in Crystal Palace on August 10.

Anyone know if they do their old stuff live or is it just their new poppy stuff ?
Bob Marley:One Love on 12:24 - Mar 2 with 796 viewsstowmarketrange

Bob Marley:One Love on 09:39 - Mar 2 by derbyhoop

I’m glad it wasn’t just me then who struggled to take it in.By the time I’d worked out what was said they’d moved on to the next scene.But then again I am deaf in both ears,at least that’s what she tells me anyway.
Bob Marley:One Love on 14:25 - Mar 2 with 648 viewsderbyhoop

Bob Marley:One Love on 12:24 - Mar 2 by stowmarketrange

I’m glad it wasn’t just me then who struggled to take it in.By the time I’d worked out what was said they’d moved on to the next scene.But then again I am deaf in both ears,at least that’s what she tells me anyway.

Selective deafness is when the voice you dont hear is the other half.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Bob Marley:One Love on 15:05 - Mar 2 with 611 viewsstowmarketrange

Bob Marley:One Love on 14:25 - Mar 2 by derbyhoop

Selective deafness is when the voice you dont hear is the other half.

She says I’ve only got 2 faults.I don’t listen and I didn’t hear what the other thing was.
Bob Marley:One Love on 15:15 - Mar 2 with 599 viewsBoston

Bob Marley:One Love on 15:05 - Mar 2 by stowmarketrange

She says I’ve only got 2 faults.I don’t listen and I didn’t hear what the other thing was.

You know you're in trouble when dinner is hot tongue and cold shoulder.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bob Marley:One Love on 15:20 - Mar 2 with 595 viewsDylanP

Interesting that people liked the film. I thought it was very poor. It baffles me how they could fck up a movie about Bob Marley, who is such an interesting person: a rags to riches story, whose peace concert was a moment of true heroism and whose music changed the music scene. Somehow it had no real storyline, no character development -- I knew nothing more about Marley after watching the film than I did beforehand. I thought it was a real shame.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Bob Marley:One Love on 20:13 - Mar 2 with 438 viewsstainrods_elbow

Did it go into his misogyny, homophobia, and alleged wife-beating? A couple of iconic songs, I suppose, but I'll be swerving it. A lot more interesting musicians I'd rather see films about.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Bob Marley:One Love on 20:59 - Mar 2 with 389 viewsstevec

Bob Marley:One Love on 15:20 - Mar 2 by DylanP

Interesting that people liked the film. I thought it was very poor. It baffles me how they could fck up a movie about Bob Marley, who is such an interesting person: a rags to riches story, whose peace concert was a moment of true heroism and whose music changed the music scene. Somehow it had no real storyline, no character development -- I knew nothing more about Marley after watching the film than I did beforehand. I thought it was a real shame.

Agree, a sanitised clean up job and it never really picked up the feel of his music.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024