Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunne... 14:22 - Mar 7 with 6678 viewsW7Ranger

Not sure if there's a thread on Dunne's performance last night. But if there isn't, there should be!!

Flucking amazing performance last night. Only topped by Field IMO.

To think he was getting pelters a couple of months back, and "fans" didn't want him anywhere near the first team.

What a turnaround. Well played Jimmy Dunne.
Dunne... on 14:28 - Mar 7 with 3256 viewsJevlar

Agreed.Dunne planted a player on their backside twice yesterday, it was wonderful to witness.

Well done, Jimmy!!
Dunne... on 14:32 - Mar 7 with 3228 viewsLongsufferingR

There have been a few quite amazing turnarounds with a number of players since Marti came in. He was completely shot at one point but my god what a player he has looked in this winning run. I dare say we now have players who would command decent fees again and it's down to Marti and those players who have been prepared to listen and work hard at what he wants them to do.
Dunne... on 14:42 - Mar 7 with 3167 viewsTheChef

Dunne... on 14:32 - Mar 7 by LongsufferingR

There have been a few quite amazing turnarounds with a number of players since Marti came in. He was completely shot at one point but my god what a player he has looked in this winning run. I dare say we now have players who would command decent fees again and it's down to Marti and those players who have been prepared to listen and work hard at what he wants them to do.

Looked absolutely bereft in the Bournemouth cup game.

Correctly taken out the firing line, and then been successfully coached and reintegrated in the side.

Well done Jimmy and well done Marti and the coaches.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dunne... on 14:49 - Mar 7 with 3112 viewsNorthernr

Sat a bloke down. Twice. Absolute scenes.
Dunne... on 14:52 - Mar 7 with 3094 viewsW7Ranger

Dunne... on 14:49 - Mar 7 by Northernr

Sat a bloke down. Twice. Absolute scenes.

I think one defender in the first half slid so far past him that he had to pay to get back in!
Dunne... on 14:56 - Mar 7 with 3041 viewstraininvain

Another top performance from Mr Dunne at right back. I was very critical of his poor performances at centre back before he was taken out of the firing line and reintegrated into the team as the west London Cafu.

Not sure there’s any need for the ‘fans’ part of op’s post. We all want the team to do well and criticising a player who was underperforming to the point that he was dropped by the manager doesn’t make anyone less of a fan.
Dunne... on 14:59 - Mar 7 with 2998 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The turn and cross for Sam's goal that never was, was first class. Since switching to RB Jimmy is showcasing a fair amount of skill to go with his obvious physicality.
Dunne... on 15:03 - Mar 7 with 2963 viewsrobith

Maybe sacrilege, but personally I thought he was better than Field imo. Looked to the manor at RB
Login to get fewer ads

Dunne... on 15:03 - Mar 7 with 2967 viewsNorthernr

Dunne... on 14:59 - Mar 7 by Benny_the_Ball

The turn and cross for Sam's goal that never was, was first class. Since switching to RB Jimmy is showcasing a fair amount of skill to go with his obvious physicality.

Hands up, I genuinely can't believe it. Long may it continue.
Dunne... on 15:11 - Mar 7 with 2886 viewsW7Ranger

Dunne... on 14:56 - Mar 7 by traininvain

Another top performance from Mr Dunne at right back. I was very critical of his poor performances at centre back before he was taken out of the firing line and reintegrated into the team as the west London Cafu.

Not sure there’s any need for the ‘fans’ part of op’s post. We all want the team to do well and criticising a player who was underperforming to the point that he was dropped by the manager doesn’t make anyone less of a fan.

Despite Dunne being one of better performing players over the last few years until he went through his bad patch, there were certains sections of our fanbase that were properly scapegoating (slagging him off). Wanted him nowhere the first, and in fact wanted him out of the club etc... I mean, this was not critiquing him, this was slating him to the point of completely writing him off! Hence the term "fans" - and I make no apology for that.
[Post edited 7 Mar 15:15]
Dunne... on 15:11 - Mar 7 with 2872 viewsHayesender

And to think a few short weeks ago, a lot of us wouldn't have been bothered if he'd gone to Blackburn

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dunne... on 15:16 - Mar 7 with 2846 viewsJevlar

Dunne... on 15:03 - Mar 7 by Northernr

Hands up, I genuinely can't believe it. Long may it continue.

When was the last time a centre half playing right back, turned, beat a player for pace, took it down the left wing and clipped a lovely cross in with his weaker foot.

Loved it.
Dunne... on 15:43 - Mar 7 with 2690 viewsPaddyhoops

I keep thinking he’s going to get found out but he looks at home there and some of forays forward
are a joy to behold. He looked like Bambi on ice a couple of months ago.
So happy for the fella as he comes across so well in interviews.
Dunne... on 15:49 - Mar 7 with 2651 viewsNorthernr

Dunne... on 15:11 - Mar 7 by Hayesender

And to think a few short weeks ago, a lot of us wouldn't have been bothered if he'd gone to Blackburn

Yeh, I wouldn't have been overly fussed.
Dunne... on 16:00 - Mar 7 with 2591 viewstraininvain

Dunne... on 15:11 - Mar 7 by W7Ranger

Despite Dunne being one of better performing players over the last few years until he went through his bad patch, there were certains sections of our fanbase that were properly scapegoating (slagging him off). Wanted him nowhere the first, and in fact wanted him out of the club etc... I mean, this was not critiquing him, this was slating him to the point of completely writing him off! Hence the term "fans" - and I make no apology for that.
[Post edited 7 Mar 15:15]

Easy to their own but seems a bit unnecessary to have a pop at fellow fans who called for a player to be dropped when the manager arrived at the same conclusion.

We all want the best for the club at the end of the day and it’s been a tough time watching this lot until recently so the players are bound to cop some flak, particularly if they’re underperforming.

Not sure that digging out other supporters is helpful but agree that criticism of players should be constructive.
[Post edited 7 Mar 16:02]
Dunne... on 16:12 - Mar 7 with 2519 viewsRangersw12

Dunne... on 15:11 - Mar 7 by Hayesender

I would have seen him go tbh

He had been out of sorts for a while but this turnaround has has been unbelievable .

That bit of skill and cross yesterday was remarkable

Amazing what a decent manager who actually wants his team to play football can do
Dunne... on 16:13 - Mar 7 with 2513 viewsW7Ranger

Dunne... on 16:00 - Mar 7 by traininvain

Easy to their own but seems a bit unnecessary to have a pop at fellow fans who called for a player to be dropped when the manager arrived at the same conclusion.

We all want the best for the club at the end of the day and it’s been a tough time watching this lot until recently so the players are bound to cop some flak, particularly if they’re underperforming.

Not sure that digging out other supporters is helpful but agree that criticism of players should be constructive.
[Post edited 7 Mar 16:02]

The reason I refer to them as "fans" is that they are far from that when they are catagorically NOT being constructive - they're just being complete tw@ts!

That's the difference.
Dunne... on 16:27 - Mar 7 with 2419 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Nice article just popped up on the official.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/march/07/dunne-that-atmosphere-was-unbelievable-

He makes a good point about the intensity of last night's performance despite the herculean efforts at Leicester only 4 days earlier. Many were expecting after the lord mayor's show but the lads had other ideas.
Dunne... on 16:28 - Mar 7 with 2418 viewsDavieQPR

After seeing Cook do an overhead kick I will believe anything from this team and Manager.
Dunne... on 16:30 - Mar 7 with 2406 viewsNorthernr

Dunne... on 16:27 - Mar 7 by Benny_the_Ball

Nice article just popped up on the official.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/march/07/dunne-that-atmosphere-was-unbelievable-

He makes a good point about the intensity of last night's performance despite the herculean efforts at Leicester only 4 days earlier. Many were expecting after the lord mayor's show but the lads had other ideas.

Can they do it again on saturday? Play like that we'll beat Middlesbrough, but that's the challenge isn't it? Everytime you think we've cracked it we tend to phone in some slop.
Dunne... on 16:31 - Mar 7 with 2374 viewssparkey

Dunne... on 16:30 - Mar 7 by Northernr

Can they do it again on saturday? Play like that we'll beat Middlesbrough, but that's the challenge isn't it? Everytime you think we've cracked it we tend to phone in some slop.

It has seemed slightly different this time (since the January arrivals) we're on a much more prolonged spell of good performances, bar Stoke, but yes trust not 100% won just yet.
Dunne... on 16:46 - Mar 7 with 2270 viewsNorthantsHoop

Dunne has been a revelation at right back, deserves the plaudits also Field looks a different player being pushed a little bit more forward in midfield. Andersen and Hayden I think have upped the game in this team and you can see the improved coaching is paying dividends.
Dunne... on 16:52 - Mar 7 with 2225 viewsQPR_Hibs

I'm not 100 per cent sure but I think it was Jimmy who won the ball back for the first goal as well.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dunne... on 16:52 - Mar 7 with 2219 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne... on 16:30 - Mar 7 by Northernr

I think now Marti has moulded and got the mix right of the dogs & the ballers, we're a different proposition now, hope I'm right!
Dunne... on 16:52 - Mar 7 with 2216 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He's been brilliant.

Not only would I have considered him purely as a centre-back, but also as a Burnley-type centre-back rather than a footballing centre-back.

I still think he gets squared up very easily (e.g. Sam Bell a few times before his injury, Michael 'Mikey' Johnston for the goal last night) and maybe that shows that he may have tough games at right-back, and may well give way to Cannon in time but for now he's playing brilliantly.

Delighted for him. Very likeable fella.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024