Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs in Ealing 19:57 - Mar 13 with 5329 viewshamptonhillhoop

Fellow Loftforworders. I'm going drinking with friends in Ealing on Easter Saturday. I haven't lived in Ealing since 2001, when I lived just off South Ealing Road. All my locals were The Castle, The New Inn, Red Lion etc. One of the people we're meeting is coming by train and has mobility issues, so I'm looking for good pub suggestions close to Ealing Broadway Station. I can only come up with the North Star, which my wife thinks is a bit rough. (I must take her in the White Horse one day). Any recommendations would be appreciated, ideally within a five minute walk. Cheers
[Post edited 13 Mar 19:58]
Pubs in Ealing on 20:11 - Mar 13 with 3018 viewsTonto

I wouldn't describe the North Star as rough... but the Wheatsheaf on Haven Lane is a small but nice pub, decent food too. About 5 mins walk north of the station. Plus if you dont like it the Haven Arms is 2 doors down.
[Post edited 13 Mar 20:11]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Pubs in Ealing on 20:26 - Mar 13 with 2958 viewshamptonhillhoop

Pubs in Ealing on 20:11 - Mar 13 by Tonto

I wouldn't describe the North Star as rough... but the Wheatsheaf on Haven Lane is a small but nice pub, decent food too. About 5 mins walk north of the station. Plus if you dont like it the Haven Arms is 2 doors down.
[Post edited 13 Mar 20:11]

Thanks Tonto. I haven't been to the North Star with her for 20 years. I never thought it was rough either! She's obviously a delicate soul
Pubs in Ealing on 20:28 - Mar 13 with 2948 viewscolinallcars

I met my wife in the North Star. She was livid. I'd told her I was at work.
Pubs in Ealing on 20:48 - Mar 13 with 2898 viewsCateLeBonR

Pubs in Ealing on 20:26 - Mar 13 by hamptonhillhoop

Thanks Tonto. I haven't been to the North Star with her for 20 years. I never thought it was rough either! She's obviously a delicate soul

North Star has changed a lot since then, has more of a club vibe these days. Wheatsheaf is a much better pub although I haven’t been for quite a while. Another option is the Drapers Arms which is a decent meet up place, although often has covers bands on a weekend (later on). There’s a craft beer place called Beerkat across from the station now and there’s always the Sir Michael Balcon around the corner.
[Post edited 13 Mar 20:49]
Pubs in Ealing on 21:08 - Mar 13 with 2834 viewsjohann28

Wheatsheaf is fine - standard fullers pub with a dining area at the back - you can reserve a table in advance and if you need extra space let them know and I'm sure the staff can accommodate you.
Pubs in Ealing on 21:17 - Mar 13 with 2812 viewshamptonhillhoop

Thanks people. I appreciate it. I will now put all suggestions to my wife for the vetting stage!
Pubs in Ealing on 21:17 - Mar 13 with 2800 viewsNorthernr

If train is stopping at west Ealing you’ve got the Drayton right there which I always liked when I lived there.
Pubs in Ealing on 21:42 - Mar 13 with 2730 viewsqueensparker

Pubs in Ealing on 21:17 - Mar 13 by Northernr

If train is stopping at west Ealing you’ve got the Drayton right there which I always liked when I lived there.

Another vote for the Drayton which admittedly a bit of a slap from the Broadway, but my Uncle John’s alternative front room for many years. Lovely old building and good beer.

If you’ve got any Irish in you Shanakee’s is right opposite the station but if the missus thinks the North Star is rough then probably not an option.

Turn right out the station and The Wheatsheaf is decent. Used to see Kevin Gallen in there back in the day.

The Grange in Ealing Common was my old local and still going strong
Login to get fewer ads

Pubs in Ealing on 22:22 - Mar 13 with 2642 viewshamptonhillhoop

Pubs in Ealing on 21:42 - Mar 13 by queensparker

Another vote for the Drayton which admittedly a bit of a slap from the Broadway, but my Uncle John’s alternative front room for many years. Lovely old building and good beer.

If you’ve got any Irish in you Shanakee’s is right opposite the station but if the missus thinks the North Star is rough then probably not an option.

Turn right out the station and The Wheatsheaf is decent. Used to see Kevin Gallen in there back in the day.

The Grange in Ealing Common was my old local and still going strong

Used to love the Grange and have been working on that this evening. I think that might be the best bet. I have gone past the Drayton so many times and never been in
Pubs in Ealing on 22:27 - Mar 13 with 2634 viewsLblock

I was in The North Star after the game Saturday
Got in there about 7:30pm so I don’t remember too much apart from there was a band on that were a bit shite to my liking

God how I lament the passing of so many Ealing pubs
15 years ago or more I could’ve listed off easily 20 pubs, few more “bar type” places a probably 4 clubs to recommend…..all a stones throw from Ealing Broadway Station. Sadly most have gone or are crap now.

Always found The Grove to be good.
Haven and Wheatsheaf okay.

Those South Ealing places you list still getting by and Godspeed to them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Pubs in Ealing on 22:29 - Mar 13 with 2632 viewsMrSheen

I had my first pint in the North Star when I was 15 and used to see the future Mrs Sheen there. Never did me any harm. Ealing has some cracking pubs still for all tastes, from the Kent to O’Brien’s.
Pubs in Ealing on 22:41 - Mar 13 with 2614 viewshamptonhillhoop

Pubs in Ealing on 22:27 - Mar 13 by Lblock

I was in The North Star after the game Saturday
Got in there about 7:30pm so I don’t remember too much apart from there was a band on that were a bit shite to my liking

God how I lament the passing of so many Ealing pubs
15 years ago or more I could’ve listed off easily 20 pubs, few more “bar type” places a probably 4 clubs to recommend…..all a stones throw from Ealing Broadway Station. Sadly most have gone or are crap now.

Always found The Grove to be good.
Haven and Wheatsheaf okay.

Those South Ealing places you list still getting by and Godspeed to them

I used to love those pubs in South Ealing Road. We went there about a year ago for a walk down memory lane and they were all still really busy. Didn't make it as far as the Broadway though. Hampton Hill is a barren place for pubs, been here 23 years and still don't really have a local
Pubs in Ealing on 23:25 - Mar 13 with 2535 viewscolinallcars

Pubs in Ealing on 22:29 - Mar 13 by MrSheen

I had my first pint in the North Star when I was 15 and used to see the future Mrs Sheen there. Never did me any harm. Ealing has some cracking pubs still for all tastes, from the Kent to O’Brien’s.

Ealing is v good. The saintly borough of Hammersmith, apart from being home to a certain football club, has eleven and counting, Fuller's pubs. Neighbouring Fulham has……nil.
Be nice to beat Fulham 11-0!
Pubs in Ealing on 23:53 - Mar 13 with 2494 viewscolinallcars

I love pub threads.
How does the song go ?
Mr Percy Snodgrass
Would often 'ave the odd glass
Pubs in Ealing on 00:06 - Mar 14 with 2480 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The North Star is no longer rough however be aware that it hosts live music after 9pm. The Haven Arms and The Wheatsheaf on Haven Lane are good shouts. They're within spitting distance of each other so if your wife doesn't like one, you can try the other. Another vote for The Drayton Court in West Ealing, opposite the station. Real Ale, disabled access and a big beer garden if you get lucky with the weather.
Pubs in Ealing on 06:52 - Mar 14 with 2323 viewsNorthernr

Pubs in Ealing on 23:25 - Mar 13 by colinallcars

Ealing is v good. The saintly borough of Hammersmith, apart from being home to a certain football club, has eleven and counting, Fuller's pubs. Neighbouring Fulham has……nil.
Be nice to beat Fulham 11-0!

Is that right? Take it The Dove and The Blue Boat count as being in Hammersmith?
Pubs in Ealing on 07:26 - Mar 14 with 2270 viewsGroveR

Pubs in Ealing on 21:17 - Mar 13 by Northernr

If you really want to wow the ladies with your pub trivia, casually mention that Ho Chi Mihn worked in the kitchens there.
Pubs in Ealing on 07:54 - Mar 14 with 2233 viewsdaveB

North Star is very good. Have done that a few times on the way home after a game

Years back (90s) we used to drink in The Bell, don't think that is there anymore.
Pubs in Ealing on 08:35 - Mar 14 with 2176 viewssparkey

Haven Arms is a lovely pub with good food. About a 3 min walk from Ealing Broadway station hidden away in the houses
Pubs in Ealing on 09:12 - Mar 14 with 2099 viewscolinallcars

Pubs in Ealing on 06:52 - Mar 14 by Northernr

Is that right? Take it The Dove and The Blue Boat count as being in Hammersmith?

C&S, Dove, Salutation, Blue Boat, Queens Head, Latymers, Distillers, Stonemasons, Hand & Flower, Cross Keys, Andover.
What a borough !
Pubs in Ealing on 09:32 - Mar 14 with 2055 viewsw7r

Kings Arms, tucked away behind the Ealing Broadway centre in The Grove, proper pub.
Pubs in Ealing on 10:04 - Mar 14 with 2009 viewsJevlar

Loving this thread. As a Hanwell resident - if you do end up venturing further. The Fox is a great boozer, fantastic beer garden.

I’m just waiting for new additions to the flat roofed pubs thread now - a personal fave.
Pubs in Ealing on 10:04 - Mar 14 with 2009 viewsguitarzan

Yes Wheatsheaf and Haven very good pubs.
A bit further away but Ryan’s, formerly Duffy near Northfields station is a QPR pub. Always a good atmosphere when showing QPR away on Sky
Pubs in Ealing on 10:58 - Mar 14 with 1949 viewshamptonhillhoop

Thanks for all the responses to this. Plenty of ideas. It just makes me realise how much I miss living in Ealing. Lived in Pitshanger, Lammas Park Road and South Ealing/Brentford borders (Estate agent speak) for the whole of the 90's and had a great time
Pubs in Ealing on 11:16 - Mar 14 with 1920 viewsRBlock

Pubs in Ealing on 10:04 - Mar 14 by Jevlar

Loving this thread. As a Hanwell resident - if you do end up venturing further. The Fox is a great boozer, fantastic beer garden.

I’m just waiting for new additions to the flat roofed pubs thread now - a personal fave.

Bought a house in Hanwell recently, moving in next month so keen on this thread!

If you head down to Northfields Avenue The Foresters is run by Harry, the old landlord of the Crown, so looking forward to reuniting with him. The Grosvenor is a nice backstreet pub as well near West Ealing - all the football and live sport.

On the Wheatsheaf, I used to really like that pub. Great screen for the football at the back and the roasts were excellent. Last time I went in February though the food was rubbish - the style of the roasts had changed, so you were getting a wafer thin slice of carvery meat rather than a big chunk of pork belly like before. A lot of the menu had changed, so I can only assume it's under new management or a new chef, but really disappointing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024