Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage 15:23 - Mar 27 with 8897 viewsGaryBannister86

How splendid - in their new stand.

https://www.standard.co.uk/homesandproperty/luxury/fulham-fc-riverside-stand-sky

We, of course, experienced this first with the rivers of pee in the away end at Ashton Gate.

Not sure it will be worth the undoubtedly extreme prices in sub zero temperatures?
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 22:30 - Mar 28 with 1061 viewsKonk

£71 in the Putney for Newcastle at home. £77 in the Hammersmith or Putney for Liverpool, and £83(!!) for a kids ticket in the central blocks of the Johnny Haynes. But don't panic, it's only £59 for behind the goals v Palace and the dearest kids ticket is only £59 for the central Johnny Haynes blocks. Bargain. I absolutely hate the cun ts who run our club.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 22:44 - Mar 28 with 1036 viewsted_hendrix

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 22:30 - Mar 28 by Konk

£71 in the Putney for Newcastle at home. £77 in the Hammersmith or Putney for Liverpool, and £83(!!) for a kids ticket in the central blocks of the Johnny Haynes. But don't panic, it's only £59 for behind the goals v Palace and the dearest kids ticket is only £59 for the central Johnny Haynes blocks. Bargain. I absolutely hate the cun ts who run our club.

Those prices, Jesus wept.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 06:49 - Mar 29 with 931 viewsYorkRanger

Interesting a guy I know through work and is a Fulham season ticket holder with 3 seats and is quite well off was invited to see the stand and the facilities recently as a sales pitch. He was offered a package which included food and drink of £4k for a season ticket which he politely declined. Whilst he isn't short of a few quid, he has been going for over 50 years, first went with his old man etc and generally scratches his head at where some of the pricing has gone. I think one of the challenges they have is that corporate sales can be difficult as the unit cost of a ticket presents difficulties in industries such as Banking when inviting guests to a game due to the bribery act and the need for such "gifts" to be formally recorded.

I have friends with tickets at Leicester with similar food and drink facilities etc and they cost about £2k.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 07:10 - Mar 29 with 909 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 06:49 - Mar 29 by YorkRanger

Interesting a guy I know through work and is a Fulham season ticket holder with 3 seats and is quite well off was invited to see the stand and the facilities recently as a sales pitch. He was offered a package which included food and drink of £4k for a season ticket which he politely declined. Whilst he isn't short of a few quid, he has been going for over 50 years, first went with his old man etc and generally scratches his head at where some of the pricing has gone. I think one of the challenges they have is that corporate sales can be difficult as the unit cost of a ticket presents difficulties in industries such as Banking when inviting guests to a game due to the bribery act and the need for such "gifts" to be formally recorded.

I have friends with tickets at Leicester with similar food and drink facilities etc and they cost about £2k.

£4k for a season ticket, because it includes food and drink. Are they serving it on gold plates?
19 games in the PL (can't imagine it includes cup games) means circa £210 a game. WTF!

If I was a Fulham fan I'd be worried. Are these tickets being priced to service debt, what happens if/probably when they get relegated again? Who in their right mind would pay that sort of money to watch Milwall at home?
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 07:56 - Mar 29 with 880 viewspaulparker

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 22:30 - Mar 28 by Konk

I looked your man up and isn’t he a coked up daddy’s boy who runs wrestling?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 09:32 - Mar 29 with 821 viewsKonk

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 07:10 - Mar 29 by Wilkinswatercarrier

£4k for a season ticket, because it includes food and drink. Are they serving it on gold plates?
19 games in the PL (can't imagine it includes cup games) means circa £210 a game. WTF!

If I was a Fulham fan I'd be worried. Are these tickets being priced to service debt, what happens if/probably when they get relegated again? Who in their right mind would pay that sort of money to watch Milwall at home?

Khan has converted the huge losses accumulated to equity, so I think we're okay on that front at the moment.

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 09:36 - Mar 29 with 814 viewsKonk

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 07:56 - Mar 29 by paulparker

I looked your man up and isn’t he a coked up daddy’s boy who runs wrestling?

Tony Khan is the DOF , but yes, he runs a wrestling company, and he appears to be pretty er, "wired" a lot of the time. Could just be too many Haribo, though. Given that we've made a lot of good signings over the past couple of years, I would guess that he's more focussed on the wrestling than football these days, and more of a figurehead.

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 10:45 - Apr 5 with 614 viewsTacticalR

@Northernr "The money now is not in giving up seats in your mega stadium to some 66 year old who's been following the team for 50 years and giving him a discount just cos he's getting on in years. The money is in the family, or large group, coming in from South Korea, or the US, for one game a season - most expensive ticket, big spend in the club shop, money no object because it's a holiday etc. I enjoyed the debate at Spurs last week about 'the plastics' and ticket prices going up - guys, you've missed the memo, the plastics are the ones pumping up to a grand into the club on one visit, that's who they want, not you and your discounted pensioner's season ticket who doesn't buy anything in the ground because obviously £120 for a replica shirt and £12 for a pint in a plastic cup is a fcking liberty."

A Spurs season ticket holder was saying last week that he believes that the club no longer wants any season ticket holders (his season ticket was £1300).

We used to talk about the gentrification of football. This is the Airbnbification of football.
[Post edited 5 Apr 13:38]

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 13:30 - Apr 5 with 485 viewsQPunkR

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:15 - Mar 28 by NewBee

The ECJ has merely said that they may carry on, not that it will carry on.

Think about it. Where is the money supposed to come from?

Answer: from massive American venture capitalists (who, incidentally, must be a lot more cautious now than when they calculated the initial figures).

And where were they going to get it back, with profit?

Answer, from TV, media, streaming rights and sponsorship etc.

Which probably looked a safe bet when they were offering the cream of European football to viewers and subscribers. But now you're talking Real, Barca, Juve and a supporting cast of eg Ajax, Benfica, Copenhagen and Celtic/Rangers etc, how many people are going to tune into that? Every. Bloody. Season.

All of which is before you consider the counter attractions of UEFA's latest revamped competitions, the Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga etc, not to mention the ever more dominant EPL.

And look too, to the failure of the Chinese Super League, plus the present struggles of the Saudis. That is, even with all their money and resources, they couldn't challenge the existing football establishment.

If I thought I'd live long enough, I'd be willing to make a 50 year bet that the ESL as envisaged, whether Version 1.0, 2.0 or whatever, won't ever see the light of day,

I'm well aware of what the ECJ decision was.

"And where were they going to get it back, with profit?

Which probably looked a safe bet when they were offering the cream of European football to viewers and subscribers. But now you're talking Real, Barca, Juve and a supporting cast of eg Ajax, Benfica, Copenhagen and Celtic/Rangers etc, how many people are going to tune into that? Every. Bloody. Season."

Except that they're offering the product for free. One of the big changes they've made since the failed initial attempt was to try and appeal to fans by basically lying through their teeth about how the ESL would be good for football - even the little guys! And their biggest sop is to brag that they're somehow going to offer this amazing product that the world is crying out for, for free. No subscription fees whatsoever.

QPR - "shit but local"

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 13:32 - Apr 5 with 484 viewsQPunkR

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 14:29 - Mar 28 by Northernr

You look at the big, new, stodgy structure for the Champions League and you could be forgiven for thinking they've basically already done it, or at least taken the first step towards doing it, while everybody was distracted with the supposed evil threat over there.

The original breakaway clubs were all well aware of UEFA's proposals for restructuring the UCL, UEL and UECL before it was announced - they were all consulted and part of the process. UEFA felt its hand was forced to reformat the competitions due to such threats from the big clubs, so there was surprise when the ESL launched (hastily and shoddily) the very day before UEFA was announcing its 'post-24 reforms'

QPR - "shit but local"

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 00:15 - Apr 8 with 275 viewsNewBee

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 13:30 - Apr 5 by QPunkR

I'm well aware of what the ECJ decision was.

"And where were they going to get it back, with profit?

Which probably looked a safe bet when they were offering the cream of European football to viewers and subscribers. But now you're talking Real, Barca, Juve and a supporting cast of eg Ajax, Benfica, Copenhagen and Celtic/Rangers etc, how many people are going to tune into that? Every. Bloody. Season."

Except that they're offering the product for free. One of the big changes they've made since the failed initial attempt was to try and appeal to fans by basically lying through their teeth about how the ESL would be good for football - even the little guys! And their biggest sop is to brag that they're somehow going to offer this amazing product that the world is crying out for, for free. No subscription fees whatsoever.

"Except that they're offering the product for free"

To start with.

The thinking presumably being that (a ) they have to offer a gimmick like this to have any chance of getting off the ground; and (b ) once it's done so, and it has screwed UEFA and the CL etc, then they start charging.

Pure desperation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024