Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Saint” Marti 20:58 - Apr 6 with 3875 viewsLblock

Anointed too soon??????

Another example of him being done today I thought
Chef Weds usually go high press so he started Sincs for pace which worked first 20
They realised and sorted
We have Just dwindled

I thought he was totally out fought and out thought today (not for first time)
Hopefully he can put some fire in bellies for Tuesday night

Geezer is a class act but as I’ve said before he’s learning on the job
Please God he can take this into a full season at this level next summer
[Post edited 6 Apr 20:59]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

“Saint” Marti on 21:02 - Apr 6 with 3016 viewsJames_Paddocks

Without Martí, we'd already be relegated.

He's worked fckin miracles this season.
“Saint” Marti on 21:07 - Apr 6 with 2961 viewsJuzzie

We just don’t have the players, he inherited a mostly shyte squad. As already said, we’d be down already if it wasn’t for him.
“Saint” Marti on 21:07 - Apr 6 with 2962 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've been thinking about it and I'm not sure what else he could have done today.

Frey was injured. Dykes or Armstrong is a coin toss. Ball over the top to Armstrong to beat the high press worked at first and we should have taken the lead with our early chances. It might have worked better had Armstrong had one of his better games.

Possibly man-mark Bannon, but who to pick to do that? Hayden's too important in his position. Colback was injured. Maybe Field?

Possibly flood the midfield, but who to drop to allow another midfielder in? Willock? Anderson (needed for set pieces).

As we said on here at 2pm, that bench was very weak today. He really had very few options.

Even then the move to three at the back got us back in the game.

We certainly lacked intensity today and probably panicked with too much long ball, but is that all down to him or is it down to the players?

I honestly can't make my mind up on the learnings from today. Might have to watch it again.

edit - sp. check.
[Post edited 6 Apr 21:37]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

“Saint” Marti on 21:09 - Apr 6 with 2932 viewsNorthantsHoop

“Saint” Marti on 21:02 - Apr 6 by James_Paddocks

Without Martí, we'd already be relegated.

He's worked fckin miracles this season.

Agree he has changed it big time, especially away where we are set up much better than at home. There is something about playing at LR that just freezes this lot.
“Saint” Marti on 21:14 - Apr 6 with 2892 viewsbosh67

Remember the guy is working with strikers that don't score goals. That is quite a big issue if the defenders aren't able to score them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

“Saint” Marti on 22:24 - Apr 6 with 2658 viewsstainrods_elbow

“Saint” Marti on 21:07 - Apr 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I've been thinking about it and I'm not sure what else he could have done today.

Frey was injured. Dykes or Armstrong is a coin toss. Ball over the top to Armstrong to beat the high press worked at first and we should have taken the lead with our early chances. It might have worked better had Armstrong had one of his better games.

Possibly man-mark Bannon, but who to pick to do that? Hayden's too important in his position. Colback was injured. Maybe Field?

Possibly flood the midfield, but who to drop to allow another midfielder in? Willock? Anderson (needed for set pieces).

As we said on here at 2pm, that bench was very weak today. He really had very few options.

We certainly lacked intensity today and probably panicked with too much long ball, but is that all down to him or is it down to the players?

I honestly can't make my mind up on the learnings from today. Might have to watch it again.

edit - sp. check.

Sorry, you make some fair points, bu how exactly did the move to the back three help us 'get back in the game'? I was watching the same game, and we achieved little or nothing from what I saw.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

“Saint” Marti on 22:40 - Apr 6 with 2607 views222gers

edit - sp. check.

Weak bench? How dare you sir….he was able to bring Albert on in the 94th minute !
“Saint” Marti on 22:56 - Apr 6 with 2542 viewscolinallcars

Marti has been able to instill some spirit and guts into these players for several spells but it all goes arse over tit after a few games.
These players are fairly well paid pros. They shouldn't need to be cajoled into playing.
Login to get fewer ads

“Saint” Marti on 23:03 - Apr 6 with 2499 viewsGus_iom

“Saint” Marti on 22:40 - Apr 6 by 222gers

Weak bench? How dare you sir….he was able to bring Albert on in the 94th minute !

Very telling that with Frey and Colback out and us out of goals, it's EDB and unc's on the bench - there's nothing beyond this group of players at the club.
For me, that's the biggest ongoing failure at the club.
“Saint” Marti on 23:33 - Apr 6 with 2345 viewsted_hendrix

Our squad Is weak, next season who knows? Cifuentes will have the whole of the close season to address the squad 'Issues'
I'm not into all this Saint Marti bullshit, so disappointed with today's performance.
I just want the season to end with us staying In the Championship.
I'd kill for mid table boring mediocrity.
Must we suffer end of the season hanging on to staying In the Championship every bloody season?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

“Saint” Marti on 00:33 - Apr 7 with 2270 viewsBluce_Ree

"Anointed too soon??????"

No.

All things are possible through Marti the Redeemer and this is just him working in mysterious ways.

Consider the formation. Ahhhh!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

“Saint” Marti on 01:04 - Apr 7 with 2207 viewsHunterhoop

edit - sp. check.

The obvious riposte here, Brian, is go man to man and beat them through having the better players or the players that try harder…

We lost today because the players were not at it. He was waving them up the pitch all of the first half. Zero press and standing ten yards off was not a tactic. That was on the players.

Chair, Anderson and Willock simply did not do their job today on or off the ball. Armstrong was clearly injured. Hayden had his worst game for us. And the full backs were very poor on the ball.

Effort was non-existent. No intensity. No tempo. No urgency.
“Saint” Marti on 01:33 - Apr 7 with 2166 viewsPunteR

Does this result put pressure on us or those teams nearer the bottom?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

“Saint” Marti on 03:48 - Apr 7 with 2062 viewscuppahoop

This guy has rotated this squad & put square pegs into round holes since the day he came in,who predicted Jimmy Dunne as a goal scoring attacking right back? Today is clearly a disappointment but this is about survival in this division & it’s still within our own hands that didn’t seem possible not so long ago..Armstrong will probably go on to score the winner in a Playoff final one day,hopefully for us..
“Saint” Marti on 06:36 - Apr 7 with 1914 viewskernowhoop

edit - sp. check.

It would be heroic to watch it again, Brian.
But, do it and let us know your conclusions!
“Saint” Marti on 06:50 - Apr 7 with 1881 viewsLblock

Fair play

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-says-he-blames-himself-for-qpr-def

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

“Saint” Marti on 07:22 - Apr 7 with 1822 viewsQPROslo

edit - sp. check.

Do you know what sort of injury Colback has? He would have been useful in a midfield 3 yesterday, given us more control there and reduced the effectiveness of Bannan. I'd have taken Chair off if Colback had been on the Bench, his decision making, holding onto the ball and wayward shooting from distance was poor as it often is when the team is struggling. Looks like he is need of a rest.
“Saint” Marti on 07:30 - Apr 7 with 1808 viewsSpaceman_P

the reality is.... IF we get relegated, a championship side a la "Watford" will pick him up in the next January window when they fire they next coach.

If we're in League one, shortly after there will be no Marti for us, the bloke is ambitious too, okay not like Lemmy from Motörhead's Boil-faced brethren but ambitious none-the-less, the guy wants to achieve at this level and possibly premier league. League One would piss Marti off. It's bad enough they need to drive to Sunderland and Plymouth on away games.
[Post edited 7 Apr 7:31]
“Saint” Marti on 10:32 - Apr 7 with 1557 viewsHoopstar

Chair did look knackered.

Endless criticism of Armstrong, but he was the only player who remotely looked like making anything happen all game even if he is well off the finished article. Still think a player worth persevering there.

Willock, Chair and Anderson all together seems too one paced, especially when Chair is struggling for fitness. Utterly frustrating the amount of times they collectively chose not to cross when in positions to do so - and we have the huge hindrance that all three of them largely want to be on the edge of the box playing short passes severely limiting the bodies in the box on the rare occasion they played a decent ball.

Lack of pace and thrust going forward a long known, am sure it's high on Cifuentes and co list of priorities whatever league we are in. Quite frustrating watching us as pedestrian and ineffective as we were yesterday.

On to Plymouth and a bit more fight hopefully!
“Saint” Marti on 10:36 - Apr 7 with 1534 viewsHunterhoop

“Saint” Marti on 06:50 - Apr 7 by Lblock

Fair play

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-says-he-blames-himself-for-qpr-def

You don’t need to be Einstein to read between the lines there. What he’s actually saying is “that is all on the players. I’m furious. I spent all week telling them not to be complacent and that they would need to play with intensity, and they haven’t listened to me.”

He’s just dressed it up as “my fault for not being able to get my message across and persuade them.”
“Saint” Marti on 10:49 - Apr 7 with 1470 viewsmart_Goblin

Yeah I thought Marti struggled a bit yesterday but if anyone is suggesting we all thought he was perfect then they are much mistaken.
The fact that he is our coach means he isn’t exactly the finished article .

But as someone else said, without him we would already be down and out.
So constructive criticism is due of course.

But once again I think he was reminded , as well as us, that the mentality of this group is and has been a huge issue. He said he told them all week that the hard work was not done yet….yet they played like they were kicking around on the beach .
“Saint” Marti on 10:50 - Apr 7 with 1457 viewsEsox_Lucius

“Saint” Marti on 10:32 - Apr 7 by Hoopstar

Chair did look knackered.

Endless criticism of Armstrong, but he was the only player who remotely looked like making anything happen all game even if he is well off the finished article. Still think a player worth persevering there.

Willock, Chair and Anderson all together seems too one paced, especially when Chair is struggling for fitness. Utterly frustrating the amount of times they collectively chose not to cross when in positions to do so - and we have the huge hindrance that all three of them largely want to be on the edge of the box playing short passes severely limiting the bodies in the box on the rare occasion they played a decent ball.

Lack of pace and thrust going forward a long known, am sure it's high on Cifuentes and co list of priorities whatever league we are in. Quite frustrating watching us as pedestrian and ineffective as we were yesterday.

On to Plymouth and a bit more fight hopefully!

The tactic seemed to be 2 men on Anderson in the middle to stifle any midfield control by R's and two lumps at the back that meant Sinclair was completely nullified. After 10 mins of not winning a single header, MC needed to change it up.
Willock & Chair play much better when they are closer together and IMHO, moving Armstrong out wide, Chair in the middle and Anderson as a false 9 to undermine their CB's aerial dominance would have given us a better chance of getting into the game.
Marti has already taken the blame and the game is gone now so all we can do is regroup set things right at Plymouth.
[Post edited 7 Apr 16:29]

The grass is always greener.

“Saint” Marti on 10:57 - Apr 7 with 1423 viewsNortholt_Rs

“Saint” Marti on 01:33 - Apr 7 by PunteR

Does this result put pressure on us or those teams nearer the bottom?

Us. 100%

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

“Saint” Marti on 11:31 - Apr 7 with 1360 viewsdmm

I can't see many turning against Cifuentes because of yesterday, even with him blaming himself. He's still the best thing that's happened to us since Warburton.

For me, the biggest worry was how all our players struggled to cope with Wendy's aggressive high press. They couldn't pass through it and when they went long Armstrong couldn't hold up the ball.

We know he wants to play a passing game but he'll need some more technical players and probably a formation change to it properly.
“Saint” Marti on 12:05 - Apr 7 with 1246 viewsGroveR

“Saint” Marti on 10:36 - Apr 7 by Hunterhoop

You don’t need to be Einstein to read between the lines there. What he’s actually saying is “that is all on the players. I’m furious. I spent all week telling them not to be complacent and that they would need to play with intensity, and they haven’t listened to me.”

He’s just dressed it up as “my fault for not being able to get my message across and persuade them.”

He's fùcking right though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024