Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A word of warning 13:04 - Mar 30 with 1956 viewsE17hoop

This is a 3 game week (although not in the traditional sense) so don't be putting all the Easter eggs in that basket.

We all know how we tend to perform in these weeks and I'd hate for us to go WDL this time.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

A word of warning on 13:09 - Mar 30 with 1916 viewsHamptonR

Thank you chuckles.
A word of warning on 13:52 - Mar 30 with 1776 viewsE17hoop

A word of warning on 13:09 - Mar 30 by HamptonR

Thank you chuckles.

That's my point. I'd LOVE to see us break the cycle. Our best 3 game weeks all season have been WDL and DLW.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

A word of warning on 14:01 - Mar 30 with 1749 viewscolinallcars

The team should be champing at the bit for the Swans game. Could be our luck is changing at last.
A word of warning on 14:26 - Mar 30 with 1669 viewsnix

A word of warning on 13:52 - Mar 30 by E17hoop

That's my point. I'd LOVE to see us break the cycle. Our best 3 game weeks all season have been WDL and DLW.

No. We did have a LWW when we lost to Norwich but then beat Stoke and Preston.

SIx points out of these three games would be well on track for our 1.5 PPG, which would definitely get us over the line in my view.
A word of warning on 14:38 - Mar 30 with 1628 viewskensalriser

It’s actually worse: four games in 12 days. The good news is if we can pull two more wins from the next three we’re pretty much safe before the difficult games start.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

A word of warning on 14:49 - Mar 30 with 1578 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Don't think we played particularly well yesterday so hopefully plenty in the tank for the other two games.
A word of warning on 14:53 - Mar 30 with 1557 viewsnix

A word of warning on 14:38 - Mar 30 by kensalriser

It’s actually worse: four games in 12 days. The good news is if we can pull two more wins from the next three we’re pretty much safe before the difficult games start.

Hull and Preston aren't necessarily no-hopers: both have lost to Stoke this month at home and Hull only drew against Birmingham at home. Obviously we can't be complacent but a win and a draw out of the next three might be okay and then a win and a draw out of Hull, Preston and Coventry. That takes us to 51 points, and I can't see all of Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Blackburn and Plymouth getting more than that (also taking into account we have better GDs than most of them atm).
A word of warning on 14:56 - Mar 30 with 1542 viewsAndybrat

A word of warning on 14:38 - Mar 30 by kensalriser

Squad rotation is the key and the squad is strong enough. Feel sorry for EDB not even getting a sniff at the bench. Lack of injuries help. Would take a draw Monday and win next Saturday. Saturday is the six pointer out of the 2. Not our best yesterday but still generated enough chances to win with ease.
Login to get fewer ads

A word of warning on 15:01 - Mar 30 with 1524 viewsdmm

A word of warning on 14:53 - Mar 30 by nix

Hull and Preston aren't necessarily no-hopers: both have lost to Stoke this month at home and Hull only drew against Birmingham at home. Obviously we can't be complacent but a win and a draw out of the next three might be okay and then a win and a draw out of Hull, Preston and Coventry. That takes us to 51 points, and I can't see all of Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Blackburn and Plymouth getting more than that (also taking into account we have better GDs than most of them atm).

Yeah, that's how I see it. 51 points before the final two matches and we're safe.
A word of warning on 16:12 - Mar 30 with 1357 viewsderbyhoop

From here I struggle to see Huddersfield, Wednesday AND Brum get 4 more points than us. 1 win + 1 draw from last 7 should be enough. Especially if we win the next home game.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

A word of warning on 16:56 - Mar 30 with 1221 viewsgazza1

Cant see MC changing the GK or back 4 but he has many options for the other positions and he will decide on fitness and tactics for the Swans game, Armstrong or LD will start up front.
A word of warning on 17:13 - Mar 30 with 1164 viewsdavman

A word of warning on 14:56 - Mar 30 by Andybrat

Squad rotation is the key and the squad is strong enough. Feel sorry for EDB not even getting a sniff at the bench. Lack of injuries help. Would take a draw Monday and win next Saturday. Saturday is the six pointer out of the 2. Not our best yesterday but still generated enough chances to win with ease.

Sorry, but I disagree.

EDB treated like prime Zidane on here because he ran around more than some of the other midfielders, who we know were incapable of doing so.

Nice lad I'm sure, probably loves his mum, but, like Ozzie or Albert, should be nowhere near a squad that wants to compete at this level. Hayden, Hodge, Field, Colback all much,much better options.

Yes, would take a draw all day Monday.

Looking forward nervously to my first visit to Swansea's stadium on Monday..

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

A word of warning on 17:53 - Mar 30 with 1072 viewsHastings_Hoops

A word of warning on 16:12 - Mar 30 by derbyhoop

From here I struggle to see Huddersfield, Wednesday AND Brum get 4 more points than us. 1 win + 1 draw from last 7 should be enough. Especially if we win the next home game.

I would consider resting Cook by moving Dunne into CB and Cannon as RWB v Swansea… not ideal but I think we need to keep Cook fit and firing as we head into Sheff Wed and Plymouth.

Midfield can rotate with not too much damage to rest Colback and Hayden if needed.

If we’re safe in a couple of weeks, I’d like to give Walsh a run in goal… can’t hurt surely?
A word of warning on 06:34 - Mar 31 with 817 viewsLblock

We do really need to back up Friday with a performance on Monday

We’ve been our own worse enemy this season

I hope Marti goes for it
If he is to play Dykes then I hope it’s in his withdrawn role with Armstrong up top.
A win away would be massive, a draw decent

Then all eyes on next Saturday which is clearly a MUST WIN and, if we get something out of Swansealona, could be season defining. If we’re on 49 points before we visit Plymuff it’ll be a thing of wonderment, beauty and amazement; I may even get the pepper out and eat my Warren Farm hat.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

A word of warning on 07:12 - Mar 31 with 795 viewsdmm

For me, it's all about getting to safety before the final 2 games of the season. 8 points from the next 5 games would do it but I'm not too confident of getting much on Monday. A draw would be excellent but I'll not be too surprised if we slump to a defeat.
A word of warning on 07:50 - Mar 31 with 764 viewsdm97

A word of warning on 14:53 - Mar 30 by nix

With the way Cov and Norwich are playing I’d be surprised if either are still in the running come our games
A word of warning on 10:27 - Mar 31 with 627 viewsderbyhoop

A word of warning on 06:34 - Mar 31 by Lblock

We do really need to back up Friday with a performance on Monday

We’ve been our own worse enemy this season

I hope Marti goes for it
If he is to play Dykes then I hope it’s in his withdrawn role with Armstrong up top.
A win away would be massive, a draw decent

Then all eyes on next Saturday which is clearly a MUST WIN and, if we get something out of Swansealona, could be season defining. If we’re on 49 points before we visit Plymuff it’ll be a thing of wonderment, beauty and amazement; I may even get the pepper out and eat my Warren Farm hat.

I'd say Saturday isn't so much a Must Win as a Mustn't Lose.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

A word of warning on 10:43 - Mar 31 with 593 viewsbosh67

I think making sure we get something out of the Swansea game and going into the Wednesday game with a fully fit squad is the main thing.

The Wednesday and Plymouth games are massive because if we can get past both I think we are more or less there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024