Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The referee was bloody awful. 17:14 - Apr 6 with 3820 viewsSnipper

He actually made Stroud look effective.

Never gave Armstrong a thing, but as soon as he went off, he gave Dykes a free kick.

You can see why he doesn’t get many matches.
The referee was bloody awful. on 17:17 - Apr 6 with 2930 viewsJuzzie

Wednesday were tugging, pulling, grabbing and all sorts. Ref just glazed over it.

Still, we were shyte. Can’t keep expecting defenders and Chair to get our goals.
Lots of effort from Armstrong but their no. 5 had the better of him all game.

We had one shot on target and rarely threatened and on the odd occasion we did, we did look dangerous. Just didn’t do it often enough
[Post edited 6 Apr 17:44]
The referee was bloody awful. on 17:18 - Apr 6 with 2919 viewskomradkirk

The ref had a shocker....mind you we weren't much better.
The referee was bloody awful. on 17:18 - Apr 6 with 2907 viewsNed_Kennedys

Referee wasn’t great but we would have lost regardless. Armstrong is big and strong enough to stand his ground and not be bullied off the ball so much.
The referee was bloody awful. on 17:32 - Apr 6 with 2780 viewsted_hendrix

Some bloke I never heard of called Gassama scored for them and some other bloke I never heard of either called Musaba scored their second goal not the referee.
When you lose at home 0-2 It's invariably because your shit.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The referee was bloody awful. on 17:32 - Apr 6 with 2781 viewsHarbour

Looked like sheff wed should have had a pen first half anyone see if it was outside the Box...we were rubbish today deserved nothing out of the game..need big improvement tuesday
The referee was bloody awful. on 17:41 - Apr 6 with 2704 viewsactonman

From the first 10 mins when he gave them a free kick near where they took the corner even though there was none of our players anywhere near the corner taker , I knew we were in for a rough ride from that c u next Tuesday! Absolute bell end lost all control of the game playing on from ridiculous situations? I’m all for refs looking at players ignoring players blatantly feigning fouls and injuries but ffs you have to be consistent and not only blow up when it suits
Touch of the roger milfords about that cnt today and looked like a bit of a love child of him !
The referee was bloody awful. on 17:50 - Apr 6 with 2624 viewsOldPedro

The referee was bloody awful. on 17:32 - Apr 6 by Harbour

Looked like sheff wed should have had a pen first half anyone see if it was outside the Box...we were rubbish today deserved nothing out of the game..need big improvement tuesday

It was outside the box

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The referee was bloody awful. on 18:03 - Apr 6 with 2547 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Bandylegged prick.
Login to get fewer ads

The referee was bloody awful. on 18:15 - Apr 6 with 2493 viewsStanisgod

Just because it wasn't his fault we lost doesn't mean you can't call him out as shit.
Prem ref, seriously. May as well have given the whistle to that scrote Bannan.
Stood and watched him physically assault one of ours for about 10 metres before blowing then let him literally launch a tirade at him and did nothing. Never seen so much pulling and tugging go unpunished ever. A wet lettuce would have been more use.
Having said that I'd have Bannan in my side any day.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The referee was bloody awful. on 18:20 - Apr 6 with 2441 viewsDamo1962

The referee was bloody awful. on 18:15 - Apr 6 by Stanisgod

Just because it wasn't his fault we lost doesn't mean you can't call him out as shit.
Prem ref, seriously. May as well have given the whistle to that scrote Bannan.
Stood and watched him physically assault one of ours for about 10 metres before blowing then let him literally launch a tirade at him and did nothing. Never seen so much pulling and tugging go unpunished ever. A wet lettuce would have been more use.
Having said that I'd have Bannan in my side any day.

Bannan is the type of player we have been missing for ages.
The referee was bloody awful. on 18:21 - Apr 6 with 2460 viewsRed_Ranger

I actually thought ref was good except for not clamping down in the timewasting.
He didnt give much and let the game flow.
The referee was bloody awful. on 18:21 - Apr 6 with 2461 viewsLanhoop

Did we lose just because of him, no. Did he contribute to a dreadful match, yes and much more than he should have done.

Knew he was going to be had when he started the match being one-sided when he pulled Jimmy back 5 yards for his first 2 throw-ins then the first throw they got on the other side of the pitch he allows them to gain 20 yards or more.

Pranced around the middle of the pitch as not fit enough to get around. Let Bannan ref the second half. How he let their 5 have 2 arms around Armstrong every time the ball headed in his direction I'll never know.

Should be put out to grass if not put down and sent to the glue factory. Clueless donkey.
The referee was bloody awful. on 19:27 - Apr 6 with 2262 viewseastside_r

The referee was bloody awful. on 18:21 - Apr 6 by Lanhoop

Did we lose just because of him, no. Did he contribute to a dreadful match, yes and much more than he should have done.

Knew he was going to be had when he started the match being one-sided when he pulled Jimmy back 5 yards for his first 2 throw-ins then the first throw they got on the other side of the pitch he allows them to gain 20 yards or more.

Pranced around the middle of the pitch as not fit enough to get around. Let Bannan ref the second half. How he let their 5 have 2 arms around Armstrong every time the ball headed in his direction I'll never know.

Should be put out to grass if not put down and sent to the glue factory. Clueless donkey.

Not the reason we lost but he was absolutely shocking. As bad for both teams. Time to retire.
The referee was bloody awful. on 19:32 - Apr 6 with 2225 viewsLanhoop

Stroud was 4th official for Arsenal Brighton this evening! The world has gone mad.
The referee was bloody awful. on 20:31 - Apr 6 with 2107 viewsHastings_Hoops

There was one moment early in the second half when they were time wasting on a throw in by ellerslie. He didn’t ask the time wasting player to hurry up - he asked bannon to ask their player to hurry up! Says it all really.
The referee was bloody awful. on 20:37 - Apr 6 with 2056 viewsOldPedro

The referee was bloody awful. on 20:31 - Apr 6 by Hastings_Hoops

There was one moment early in the second half when they were time wasting on a throw in by ellerslie. He didn’t ask the time wasting player to hurry up - he asked bannon to ask their player to hurry up! Says it all really.

He also warned their keeper and then did nothing about it

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The referee was bloody awful. on 21:14 - Apr 6 with 1914 viewsqprd

Honestly getting tired of Armstrong flinging himself on the ground looking for fouls

Having said that, after their keeper faked an injury for 3 minutes, to give us 6 mins of stoppage time may have been the most incompetent decision I’ve seen all season

The Ref was clueless
The referee was bloody awful. on 08:23 - Apr 7 with 1590 viewsHastings_Hoops

I think the absolute pinnacle of his lame performance was turning his back on Musaba as he stood and wound up R block after scoring their second. It could have got really nasty - literally turned his back so he didn’t have to see anything while they goaded the supporters. Absolute yellow bellied gimp.
The referee was bloody awful. on 09:16 - Apr 7 with 1464 viewsdaveB

The referee was bloody awful. on 17:41 - Apr 6 by actonman

From the first 10 mins when he gave them a free kick near where they took the corner even though there was none of our players anywhere near the corner taker , I knew we were in for a rough ride from that c u next Tuesday! Absolute bell end lost all control of the game playing on from ridiculous situations? I’m all for refs looking at players ignoring players blatantly feigning fouls and injuries but ffs you have to be consistent and not only blow up when it suits
Touch of the roger milfords about that cnt today and looked like a bit of a love child of him !

I think that was a drop ball he gave as he had stopped the game for someone throwing themself on the floor
The referee was bloody awful. on 09:32 - Apr 7 with 1405 viewsNed_Kennedys

The referee was bloody awful. on 08:23 - Apr 7 by Hastings_Hoops

I think the absolute pinnacle of his lame performance was turning his back on Musaba as he stood and wound up R block after scoring their second. It could have got really nasty - literally turned his back so he didn’t have to see anything while they goaded the supporters. Absolute yellow bellied gimp.

The guy who scored the first goal took about 2 minutes to celebrate in front of the Lower Loft then inch his way back to their half for kick off and the referee just watched him do it. The 6 minutes added time was a joke: it should have been double figures.

Our lot would’ve probably let a third goal in if it was though.
[Post edited 7 Apr 9:32]
The referee was bloody awful. on 09:33 - Apr 7 with 1400 viewsPaddyhoops

The referee was bloody awful. on 08:23 - Apr 7 by Hastings_Hoops

A player is going to seriously hurt someday if this baiting of the crowd of the continues .
Most of the Sheffield wed players got involved including that little hobbit , Barry Bannan .
Any incitement of the crowd should lead to a booking .
I was right behind this incident and at that time Im thinking if someone comes on the pitch and punches his lights out. Well you had it coming.
It’s wrong I know but this behaviour has to stop .
The referee was bloody awful. on 09:34 - Apr 7 with 1395 viewsstevec

There’s was one point in the game, where we cocked up a throw in, that his reaction looked like he was thinking ‘what the hell am I doing, refereeing this rubbish’.

To be fair, I was wondering the same.

It does become laughable watching games like this and two crappy teams trying to reenact their premier league counterparts by diving and thinking the ref will fall for it. These players just don’t possess the skills required to carry it off. Memo to our lot; when your dive is faster than the speed you can run, it’s eye wateringly embarrassing, just stop it. If you push the ball past a player (god forbid) keep running, don’t offer your shoulder up to the defenders shoulder, go down like a shoot out in a 1940’s western, and expect a free kick. It’s too sad for words.

As for the 6 extra minutes, I’d have been more than happy if he’d called the game off the moment we went 1-0 down. An abomination of a football match.
The referee was bloody awful. on 09:38 - Apr 7 with 1378 viewssaxbend

Yeah, I was not a fan of his style. But I did appreciate that he was largely consistent. It was fairly predictable how he would approach each decision. Either side could have factored that into how they played. Wednesday did it better than us.
The referee was bloody awful. on 09:43 - Apr 7 with 1343 viewsHamptonR

The referee was bloody awful. on 09:38 - Apr 7 by saxbend

Yeah, I was not a fan of his style. But I did appreciate that he was largely consistent. It was fairly predictable how he would approach each decision. Either side could have factored that into how they played. Wednesday did it better than us.

Spot on.
Wednesday played him and it worked in their favour, we were very naive.
The referee was bloody awful. on 09:51 - Apr 7 with 1313 viewsed_83

The referee was bloody awful. on 09:38 - Apr 7 by saxbend

It was clear from the off that he was willing to let stuff go, so we should have got wise to that and matched Wednesday physically. As much as we’ve improved we’re still a bit soft and meek, I think.

But he also wasn’t entirely consistent: there was a moment when Sinclair went into someone from behind but led with his shoulder: whistle goes, foul, fair enough. Two minutes later one of their players does exactly the same thing and it’s waved on.

I thought we had a number of borderline free kicks go against us, but that they probably should have had a penalty, so I guess it evens out, and we were far from good enough regardless, but yeah he contributed to making an already poor spectacle even less enjoyable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024