Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so who would you keep? 17:13 - Apr 13 with 3053 viewsRangersDave

this team arent good enough, but might be lucky enough, to stay up.

However, its fair to say that STILL, this team isnt good enough. And some of the players were here last season too, so there's a pattern developing.

Marti, no matter what happens, has to get rid of the dross that is hurting us.....

Dykes

Flapovich

To name but 2, but who would you get rid of?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

so who would you keep? on 17:32 - Apr 13 with 2614 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I'd keep Cook. Struggling to give a crap about any of the others. Would sell JC-S and Chair to generate some cash.
so who would you keep? on 17:43 - Apr 13 with 2520 viewsmacclesfieldman

If it was ny decision I would get rid of:
Begovic, Drewe, Kakay, Adomah, Dykes & all the players out on loan

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

so who would you keep? on 18:02 - Apr 13 with 2441 viewsPeterHucker

Genuinely not a single player that I'm that bothered about keeping.
If we get reasonable offers for any of the players under contract, then sell them.
The various players who are out of contract at the end of the season, thanks and a handshake. There's the door, bye.

My biggest fear if we stay up is that we won't have the major reset that this playing squad so desperately needs.
so who would you keep? on 18:13 - Apr 13 with 2369 viewsmart_Goblin

so who would you keep? on 18:02 - Apr 13 by PeterHucker

Genuinely not a single player that I'm that bothered about keeping.
If we get reasonable offers for any of the players under contract, then sell them.
The various players who are out of contract at the end of the season, thanks and a handshake. There's the door, bye.

My biggest fear if we stay up is that we won't have the major reset that this playing squad so desperately needs.

The last paragraph is very true and something I was discussing yesterday .

If we went down our strike force for example would be likely Armstrong plus 2 of which MC would surely be lining up right now to come in. Dykes will be sold for peanuts, as someone in Scotland would take him and I think both Frey and Anderson possibly have termination clauses if we go down.
I don’t know any of that for sure but I have a small knowledge of how this stuff can work .
If we stay up then I think all 3 will remain and I’m not sure I want that .
All conjecture of course.

But as you say, we really need a good sort out/clear out
so who would you keep? on 18:50 - Apr 13 with 2269 viewsDamo1962

so who would you keep? on 17:32 - Apr 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

I'd keep Cook. Struggling to give a crap about any of the others. Would sell JC-S and Chair to generate some cash.

This.
so who would you keep? on 23:22 - Apr 13 with 1970 viewscolinallcars

I dunno, it occurs to me that we are more likely to get shot of virtually all these players if we go down.
so who would you keep? on 03:53 - Apr 14 with 1785 viewsThe_Beast1976

so who would you keep? on 23:22 - Apr 13 by colinallcars

I dunno, it occurs to me that we are more likely to get shot of virtually all these players if we go down.

If we stay up then Begovic, Archer, Mahoney, Walsh, Dykes, Frey, Smyth, Willock, Adomah, Drewe, Kohli, Kakay, Cannon, Larkeche, Dixon-Bonner should all go for good, with Armstrong going on a season long loan to a League 1 club. I'd also cash in on Chair if we can get a few quid for him.
so who would you keep? on 07:16 - Apr 14 with 1669 viewsSK_hoops

so who would you keep? on 03:53 - Apr 14 by The_Beast1976

If we stay up then Begovic, Archer, Mahoney, Walsh, Dykes, Frey, Smyth, Willock, Adomah, Drewe, Kohli, Kakay, Cannon, Larkeche, Dixon-Bonner should all go for good, with Armstrong going on a season long loan to a League 1 club. I'd also cash in on Chair if we can get a few quid for him.

I'd keep Kohli as he is still very young and at least has an outside chance of coming good. Get rid of the others though, I agree.
Login to get fewer ads

so who would you keep? on 07:27 - Apr 14 with 1657 viewsnumptydumpty

I think I am so p*ssed with this team

Would just keep Marti.

Give the man a completely clean slate

If he knows better options in all positions at prices we can afford, swap them all.
[Post edited 14 Apr 7:28]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

so who would you keep? on 08:04 - Apr 14 with 1577 viewsstevec

Still believe we have a nucleus of a good side that’s burdened by the most inept forward line in living memory.

I’d clear out Dykes, Smyth, Willock. If the Chair situation enables a sale, then sell, I think he deserves the opportunity to see if he can step up elsewhere. Armstrong is never a CF, loan him or let him go, if he doesn’t look a fit in a new forward line. Kolli, loan out.

Give Andersen some proper forwards to aim at, he’ll come good. Frey a bench man who could still be useful. Our centre midfield has no room to breathe because of the crap forwards, give them a realistic out ball, they’ll be fine.

Defensively, I’m good with them all. Paals form has dropped off, but after two years being Chairs decoy I reckon Kenny Samson would have thrown the towel in. Fckin appalling how he’s become Chairs stooge.

Oh, and a new keeper.
so who would you keep? on 08:18 - Apr 14 with 1550 viewsWatford_Ranger

so who would you keep? on 18:13 - Apr 13 by mart_Goblin

The last paragraph is very true and something I was discussing yesterday .

If we went down our strike force for example would be likely Armstrong plus 2 of which MC would surely be lining up right now to come in. Dykes will be sold for peanuts, as someone in Scotland would take him and I think both Frey and Anderson possibly have termination clauses if we go down.
I don’t know any of that for sure but I have a small knowledge of how this stuff can work .
If we stay up then I think all 3 will remain and I’m not sure I want that .
All conjecture of course.

But as you say, we really need a good sort out/clear out

I’m not sure Dykes would have many takers unless he was willing to take a pay cut for two years. Yeah he occasionally looks ok for Scotland but Celtic/Rangers or even the bigger also-rans in Scotland aren’t desperate for a five goal a season Champ striker.
so who would you keep? on 08:31 - Apr 14 with 1511 viewsgazza1

We have the basis of a good set of players......there are several of the others that we need to get rid off and stop fluffing around giving them new contracts, loaning them out, etc, etc. We all know who they are and LD is near to the top of the list.

We must sign a striker and a keeper otherwise we not move forward as far as we want to.
so who would you keep? on 08:58 - Apr 14 with 1447 viewsGaryBannister86

What's Walsh done wrong? Surely whatever league we are in we should keep a promising young keeper who has had a decent loan spell recently?

Baby and bathwater there I would say.
so who would you keep? on 09:23 - Apr 14 with 1373 viewsbosh67

Are we reapplying to be a 5-a-side team next season?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

so who would you keep? on 11:17 - Apr 14 with 1169 viewsdaveB

Armstrong is not going to sign a new contract and then be loaned to a league one club
so who would you keep? on 12:26 - Apr 14 with 1062 viewsbenhurst

The players I'd want to see in the squad next season:
Cannon, Dunne, Cook, Fox, Larkeche
Field, Dixon-Bonner, Colback
Andersen, Smyth
Frey

Chair, JCS, and Paal are the three that we should be open to offers for given their age/contract situations, but if no offers come in they should definitely stay.

Walsh, Mahoney, Armstrong, and Kolli should all go out on loan, hopefully to League One teams.

That leaves gaps in the squad for at least 2 GKs, 1 CB, 2 CMs, 2 AMs/Wingers, 2 Srikers, replacements for Chair/JCS/Paal, and perhaps one or two versatile backups (a la Kakay)
so who would you keep? on 12:32 - Apr 14 with 1041 viewsgazza1

so who would you keep? on 12:26 - Apr 14 by benhurst

Andersen, Smyth
Frey

Chair, JCS, and Paal are the three that we should be open to offers for given their age/contract situations, but if no offers come in they should definitely stay.

Walsh, Mahoney, Armstrong, and Kolli should all go out on loan, hopefully to League One teams.

That leaves gaps in the squad for at least 2 GKs, 1 CB, 2 CMs, 2 AMs/Wingers, 2 Srikers, replacements for Chair/JCS/Paal, and perhaps one or two versatile backups (a la Kakay)

Shocking!!! So you want to get rid of our 3 better players who have played most of the season - shocking.

And you want to sign 10 players after you have loaned out players - really!!!
so who would you keep? on 12:40 - Apr 14 with 1033 viewsbenhurst

so who would you keep? on 12:32 - Apr 14 by gazza1

Shocking!!! So you want to get rid of our 3 better players who have played most of the season - shocking.

And you want to sign 10 players after you have loaned out players - really!!!

To be clear, I'm not saying we should be getting rid of them because they're not good enough, I'm saying if we want to avoid getting snookered by FFP like we were this season we need to get back to selling players when their stock is high, and those three are top of that list (I doubt we'll sell more than one of them).
so who would you keep? on 12:41 - Apr 14 with 1033 viewsbosh67

so who would you keep? on 12:26 - Apr 14 by benhurst

Andersen, Smyth
Frey

Pretty much agree with all that Ben. Frey can't be judged yet. Needs a pre-season.

I think sadly we have to move players like Chair, JCS and others on to get some cash in and try and look for sensible replacements.

Armstrong is a curious one. I really feel he needs a dedicated coach who will help him read the game better, trap a ball better and learn how to finish more calmly. That could be done in house but it needs to be 1-2-1.

Kolli and Pedder have real potential but as you say, they may still need loans first. Pedder has potential to be a potential replacement for Chair if he leaves. He has the best touch of a player in the development squad by some distance.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

so who would you keep? on 13:39 - Apr 14 with 922 viewsAntti_Heinola

so who would you keep? on 07:16 - Apr 14 by SK_hoops

I'd keep Kohli as he is still very young and at least has an outside chance of coming good. Get rid of the others though, I agree.

I think Kohli will probably leave for the money in the IPL tbh.

Bare bones.

so who would you keep? on 13:40 - Apr 14 with 918 viewsAntti_Heinola

so who would you keep? on 11:17 - Apr 14 by daveB

Armstrong is not going to sign a new contract and then be loaned to a league one club

I think Armstrong signed weeks ago, it's just not been announced by the club, as with Field. His agent announced it ages ago.

Bare bones.

so who would you keep? on 13:55 - Apr 14 with 895 viewsbosh67

so who would you keep? on 13:40 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

I think Armstrong signed weeks ago, it's just not been announced by the club, as with Field. His agent announced it ages ago.

I hadn't heard this one. I think Kolli will stay. He was breaking in to the squad and I think he has a future in the first team.

Never knowingly right.

so who would you keep? on 14:36 - Apr 14 with 823 viewsSK_hoops

so who would you keep? on 13:39 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

I think Kohli will probably leave for the money in the IPL tbh.

IPL? Also, what exactly is his injury? Been out for ages.
so who would you keep? on 14:54 - Apr 14 with 791 viewsWatford_Ranger

so who would you keep? on 14:36 - Apr 14 by SK_hoops

IPL? Also, what exactly is his injury? Been out for ages.

Back for the final test at Edgbaston hopefully.
so who would you keep? on 16:02 - Apr 14 with 660 viewsmart_Goblin

so who would you keep? on 08:18 - Apr 14 by Watford_Ranger

I’m not sure Dykes would have many takers unless he was willing to take a pay cut for two years. Yeah he occasionally looks ok for Scotland but Celtic/Rangers or even the bigger also-rans in Scotland aren’t desperate for a five goal a season Champ striker.

Probably right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024