Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... 11:39 - Jun 15 with 2445 viewsGaztastic

Its the BBC tonight - Lineker plus Shearer/Hansen/Dixon trying to fool us they are actually there by means of a picture of downtown Kiev on the screen behind them. What would be your dream commentary / pundit line up? How would you perk up the coverage??
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 11:45 - Jun 15 with 1661 viewsWatford_Ranger

What if Carlsberg did it?

My dream pundit line up is no-one. Let the noise of the crowd not be drowned out by some twot who once played the game but knows sod all about it.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 11:46 - Jun 15 with 1655 viewsSouthend_Rss

Was saying this to a mate the other day. You can tell the BBC have blown the budget on the Olympics coverage. At least ITV are actually at the Euros. Even tho Childs does my swede in.. But hey.. No adverts every 5 mins haha
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 11:50 - Jun 15 with 1642 viewsdaveB

no paid adverts every five minutes just ads on the BBC for the web site, mobile aps, olympic coverage etc

Dream team of pundits would be Clough, Venables and Bobby Robson. If we are going on a team who are still alive though I'd have Gary Neville, Jimmy Greaves and Venables for a mix of tactics and comedy.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 11:56 - Jun 15 with 1618 viewsBluce_Ree

James Richardson would be presenting. awesome.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 11:56 - Jun 15 with 1617 viewsColesIndyRs

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 11:50 - Jun 15 by daveB

no paid adverts every five minutes just ads on the BBC for the web site, mobile aps, olympic coverage etc

Dream team of pundits would be Clough, Venables and Bobby Robson. If we are going on a team who are still alive though I'd have Gary Neville, Jimmy Greaves and Venables for a mix of tactics and comedy.

I have already taken the Test Match Special approach, turn the sound down and listed to Absolute 90's where they have comedians doing an alternate commentary.
It's great and last nights Irish match was a hoot (McCready to McCready, looking for McCreadys run)
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:08 - Jun 15 with 1595 viewsQPunkR

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 11:56 - Jun 15 by Bluce_Ree

James Richardson would be presenting. awesome.

Bloody excellent presenter, I loved his little jaunt through the papers on Football Italia

QPR - "shit but local"

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:10 - Jun 15 with 1583 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:08 - Jun 15 by QPunkR

Bloody excellent presenter, I loved his little jaunt through the papers on Football Italia

+1

Rodney Marsh and Georgie Best would be entertaining as pundits like their old liveshow.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:11 - Jun 15 with 1579 viewssimmo

I dont care where they broadcast from, its the analysis and choice of highlights I care about. ITV is an absolute shambles.

BBC have got Seedorf right, I could listen to that man all day. James Richardson is also a good presenter shout

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:16 - Jun 15 with 1560 viewsWeaverQPR

It would have to the soccer saturday lot jeff stelling,merse,le tiss,and thommo.

@WeavQPR

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:17 - Jun 15 with 1557 viewsJamie

Presumably they will be jetting out to Poland for the knockout stage. The big problem with the BBC coverage is that Hansen has spent the whole time with a face like a smacked arse as if he's been dragged off the golf course to be there. They also keep interrupting and talking over Seedorf who is the most insightful of the lot.

ITV not much better with that knobhead Chiles presenting and constantly turning to Roy Keane for something conroversial. Painfully obvious as well that Keane cannot stand Vieira.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:19 - Jun 15 with 1548 viewsElHoop

I'd like to have Stelling or Lynam in the chair with Clough, Gary Neville, Malcolm Allison and Bill Shankly
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:20 - Jun 15 with 1547 viewsdaveB

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:11 - Jun 15 by simmo

I dont care where they broadcast from, its the analysis and choice of highlights I care about. ITV is an absolute shambles.

BBC have got Seedorf right, I could listen to that man all day. James Richardson is also a good presenter shout

I think the ITV panel has been quite good. Martinez and Roy Keane add something different and I don't mind Southgate. Carragher was also quite good in the England game. It's not perfect but a lot better than previous years.

I am biased as I work at ITV but I do think the plan to go out and be at the tournament is a good one and you do feel like they are there rather than the toklen two minutes opf Martin Keown standing by the pitch saying how great it all is the back to Manchester. Agree that Seedorf is very good though.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:22 - Jun 15 with 1542 viewspadstow

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 11:45 - Jun 15 by Watford_Ranger

What if Carlsberg did it?

My dream pundit line up is no-one. Let the noise of the crowd not be drowned out by some twot who once played the game but knows sod all about it.

Did you know that if you press the red button on your remote during the match you can switch audios between the main two yapping on about nothing in particular, Radio commentary or no commentary at all with just the sound of the crowd?

I have used the latter during most of the BBC televised matches and it's so much better!
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:23 - Jun 15 with 1538 viewssmegma

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:20 - Jun 15 by daveB

I think the ITV panel has been quite good. Martinez and Roy Keane add something different and I don't mind Southgate. Carragher was also quite good in the England game. It's not perfect but a lot better than previous years.

I am biased as I work at ITV but I do think the plan to go out and be at the tournament is a good one and you do feel like they are there rather than the toklen two minutes opf Martin Keown standing by the pitch saying how great it all is the back to Manchester. Agree that Seedorf is very good though.

ITV are to football commentary what Jedward are to music.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:27 - Jun 15 with 1528 viewsdaveB

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:23 - Jun 15 by smegma

ITV are to football commentary what Jedward are to music.

would agree about the match commentary, thats always been awful but same on both sides, Lawro laughing to himself drives me mad.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:27 - Jun 15 with 1528 viewsreal_loftus

Sorry to say, but if you want a job doing properly, give it to Sky. ITV should never be allowed near football again. Not only the ITV Digital debacle, but the countless production errors, shite commentaries, low rent guests/summarisers, it really is shocking they're allowed anywhere near the beautiful game. BBC are slightly better, but approach everything they do in that smug, superior attitude and still employ tw@ts like Mark Bright and Mark Lawrenson.

Time to dig out Bluce Ree's infamous rant?

ATAF

ATAF.

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:29 - Jun 15 with 1528 viewsTrom

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 11:56 - Jun 15 by ColesIndyRs

I have already taken the Test Match Special approach, turn the sound down and listed to Absolute 90's where they have comedians doing an alternate commentary.
It's great and last nights Irish match was a hoot (McCready to McCready, looking for McCreadys run)

ColesIndyRs I don't get your Test Match Special approach.

If I turn down the radio I'm left with silence - cricket on the radio with no volume seems odd. Am I being a plum and missing something.

I tried to watch the Sky TV coverage with the volume off and TMS in the back ground. The problem with that though is that they're not synced properly so you get hear about the wicket way before the balls been bowled.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:30 - Jun 15 with 1521 viewssmegma

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:29 - Jun 15 by Trom

ColesIndyRs I don't get your Test Match Special approach.

If I turn down the radio I'm left with silence - cricket on the radio with no volume seems odd. Am I being a plum and missing something.

I tried to watch the Sky TV coverage with the volume off and TMS in the back ground. The problem with that though is that they're not synced properly so you get hear about the wicket way before the balls been bowled.

Cricket is $h1te , end of conversation.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:32 - Jun 15 with 1513 viewsdaveB

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:27 - Jun 15 by real_loftus

Sorry to say, but if you want a job doing properly, give it to Sky. ITV should never be allowed near football again. Not only the ITV Digital debacle, but the countless production errors, shite commentaries, low rent guests/summarisers, it really is shocking they're allowed anywhere near the beautiful game. BBC are slightly better, but approach everything they do in that smug, superior attitude and still employ tw@ts like Mark Bright and Mark Lawrenson.

Time to dig out Bluce Ree's infamous rant?

ATAF

would agree Sky are miles better at covering football but when they are charging you £25 a month to watch it they should be bloody good at it.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:36 - Jun 15 with 1499 viewsQPunkR

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:20 - Jun 15 by daveB

It's not a 'plan' to go out there, the BBC are just saving £££

Makes perfect sense to me as there ain't that much of it about, and what difference would it make them being in the country or not?

I was in Warsaw 3 weeks ago and saw them building ITV's 'studio' from scratch in that square. So rather than renting or hiring a place they've constructed their own fiefdom, which will be taken back down after the end of the tournament!

QPR - "shit but local"

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:37 - Jun 15 with 1497 viewsWatford_Ranger

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:32 - Jun 15 by daveB

would agree Sky are miles better at covering football but when they are charging you £25 a month to watch it they should be bloody good at it.

It would be interesting to know how much Sky and BBC dedicate to their respective football coverages given the massive difference in quality.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:43 - Jun 15 with 1480 viewsRs_Holy

Best - Stelling, Bircham, Holloway, Stan Bowles

Worst - Richard Keys and his love child Jamie Redknapp, Adabayor (cant understand a word he says), Ian Wright (biased and loud)
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:43 - Jun 15 with 1477 viewsdaveB

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:36 - Jun 15 by QPunkR

It's not a 'plan' to go out there, the BBC are just saving £££

Makes perfect sense to me as there ain't that much of it about, and what difference would it make them being in the country or not?

I was in Warsaw 3 weeks ago and saw them building ITV's 'studio' from scratch in that square. So rather than renting or hiring a place they've constructed their own fiefdom, which will be taken back down after the end of the tournament!

BBC are saving money to pay for such sporting greats as Davina Mccall and Fearne Cotton to present the olympics.

I think it does make a difference seeing the panel in the country where the tournament is, if you are to cover it you might as well go out there.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 13:00 - Jun 15 with 1446 viewsQPunkR

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:43 - Jun 15 by daveB

BBC are saving money to pay for such sporting greats as Davina Mccall and Fearne Cotton to present the olympics.

I think it does make a difference seeing the panel in the country where the tournament is, if you are to cover it you might as well go out there.

It's such a minor thing compared to having good analysis and punditry. Yes it loses something when they're in a studio but frankly I'm more concerned about other things in the programme, as well as where the public's money is going

QPR - "shit but local"

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 13:09 - Jun 15 with 1418 viewswestolian

Why does Clive Tyldesley (sp) shout really excitedly whenever a team gets into the oppositions half or someone has a shot that goes out for a thow-in.

Imbecile !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024