Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... 11:39 - Jun 15 with 2483 viewsGaztastic

Its the BBC tonight - Lineker plus Shearer/Hansen/Dixon trying to fool us they are actually there by means of a picture of downtown Kiev on the screen behind them. What would be your dream commentary / pundit line up? How would you perk up the coverage??
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 13:09 - Jun 15 with 804 viewsbmouth_rs

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:30 - Jun 15 by smegma

Cricket is $h1te , end of conversation.

what a silly comment!!
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 13:35 - Jun 15 with 783 viewsColesIndyRs

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 13:09 - Jun 15 by bmouth_rs

what a silly comment!!

Well it is from someone called Smegma, I wasn't expecting Oscar Wilde.

I managed to sync up the radio and TV by pausing the TV briefly but that may not work in everybody's case and it did take a while, but enjoyment was improved massively.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 14:19 - Jun 15 with 764 viewsRickyDicky

Steve Claridge

I'll get my coat........

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 14:32 - Jun 15 with 753 viewsTacticalR

When it's an England game, it's always good to have a pundit like Clarence Seedorf who's not English, so is able to offer a bit of detachment.

Air hostess clique

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 14:35 - Jun 15 with 751 viewsTonto

assuming its people who are actually employed to do this/a similar h=job

Presenter - james Richardson is a good shout - always like gary Imlach on the American Football and now the Tour de france. Or gabby Logan for a bit of glamour?

Pundit - limit the numbers - when there are 3 or 4 no one gets to make a decent point. Gary Neville is rapidly rising in my eyes. Alan Hansen is also quite good. Add in Seedorf and rotate them -2 out of 3.

Commentator - I alsays used to like Brioan Moore - but of the current crop Tyldesley is probably the best.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 15:50 - Jun 15 with 734 viewsdaveB

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 14:35 - Jun 15 by Tonto

assuming its people who are actually employed to do this/a similar h=job

Presenter - james Richardson is a good shout - always like gary Imlach on the American Football and now the Tour de france. Or gabby Logan for a bit of glamour?

Pundit - limit the numbers - when there are 3 or 4 no one gets to make a decent point. Gary Neville is rapidly rising in my eyes. Alan Hansen is also quite good. Add in Seedorf and rotate them -2 out of 3.

Commentator - I alsays used to like Brioan Moore - but of the current crop Tyldesley is probably the best.

Martin Tyler is the best commentator, he knows it is not a crime to just shut up and let the action speak for itsef rather than just talk about nothing
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 16:45 - Jun 15 with 713 viewsWegerle10

I could rant on all day how bad ITV's coverage is. I don't know a single person who thinks Adrian Chiles is good at his job, his scripted 'witty pub banter' is a shambles and I can't believe he's still doing that job. Roy Keane is just as bad with his 'angry man' gimmick - yes we get it you were hard but relax and give an opinion instead of looking at the audience like they are Alf Inge Haarland. Thankfully Martinez, Southgate and Carragher are ok. The less said of ITV's commentary team the better, all sub-par and I actually had to listen to Jim 'WHO ARE YA' Beglin tell the Spanish how to pass last night - REALLY??

As for BBC, I think it does make a difference they are not actually in Polkraine, makes it feel more like a tournament if they are actually in the country. Think it's time to give the two Alan's a rest but have a lot of time for Seedoorf and don't think Dixon is too bad. Their weak leak is Mark Bright, who says the daftest things and an average commentary team.

Truth is though, SKY would do a million times better job than both of them.

If I could choose I'd go with;

Anchor - Des Lynam
Pundits - Clarence Seedorf, Graeme Souness, Gary Neville, Rodney Marsh
Commentator - Anyone of Brian Moore/Barry Davies/Tony Gubba or Martin Tyler

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

We're the famous Queens Park Rangers, and we've got Roy Wegerle!

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 17:32 - Jun 15 with 702 viewsJamie

Strachan: "This is the sort of weather that follows Roy Keane around". Top work.
Login to get fewer ads

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 17:35 - Jun 15 with 699 viewsthemodfather

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 13:09 - Jun 15 by westolian

Why does Clive Tyldesley (sp) shout really excitedly whenever a team gets into the oppositions half or someone has a shot that goes out for a thow-in.

Imbecile !

itv coverage is poor, dire commentators
i cannot stand andy townsend at all, let alone for an england game.
bbc...well too smug.
seedorfs is the only one talks sense.
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 17:38 - Jun 15 with 696 viewsTacticalR

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 17:32 - Jun 15 by Jamie

Strachan: "This is the sort of weather that follows Roy Keane around". Top work.

I was quite surprised how funny Strachan was, as he used to be very curt in his managerial press conferences.

Air hostess clique

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 18:29 - Jun 15 with 683 viewsMonahoop

I hate this idea now that you have to have a pundit sitting with the commentator, spouting meaningless opinions and feeble jibes. Just let the commentator do their job. I wish someone would shoot that witless, shoe faced, dullard Lawrenson and his wooden plank counterpart on ITV, Townsend.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 19:05 - Jun 15 with 673 viewsR_from_afar

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 11:56 - Jun 15 by Bluce_Ree

James Richardson would be presenting. awesome.

Good call, he's very entertaining. I remember him sitting before huge mounds of ice cream or some other Italian delicacy when he was on Football Italia, taunting the viewer with the delightful fare laid out for him to devour.

He came up with a cracking gag, long the lines of "That was Emerson, there is a lake (in view behind him), next up it's Parma". A quality item.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 19:16 - Jun 15 with 669 viewsJeff

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 19:05 - Jun 15 by R_from_afar

Good call, he's very entertaining. I remember him sitting before huge mounds of ice cream or some other Italian delicacy when he was on Football Italia, taunting the viewer with the delightful fare laid out for him to devour.

He came up with a cracking gag, long the lines of "That was Emerson, there is a lake (in view behind him), next up it's Parma". A quality item.

RFA

James Richardson is also responsible for the following absolutely genius quotes:

the biggest title challenge since danny shittu tried to write his auto biography...

and

the best top of the table action since the postman always rings twice...

Can we not knock it?

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 19:37 - Jun 15 with 661 viewsWeaverQPR

Id like Ron Atkinson back co comms with Jim White

@WeavQPR

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 19:37 - Jun 15 with 659 viewsWestActon

I believe that the BBC are in Poland but filming in a studio instead of on location.

Early in the tournament Shearer was on the pitch and in the evening summarising in the studio
If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 19:44 - Jun 15 with 624 viewsShotKneesHoop

If Carling did Euro Coverage..... on 12:30 - Jun 15 by smegma

Cricket is $h1te , end of conversation.

This shows a lack of breeding.

Football is great in the winter to keep you up to speed for the real game - Cricket - see right hand side.

A cover drive is the most orgasmic thing in the world - apart from a nifty fifty.

Ian Botham thought that. I said it. End of.

By the way.... UUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAHH. Another cover drive!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024