Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking if true 23:40 - Mar 1 with 25781 viewsloftboy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-players-lift-lid-five-1738275

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shocking if true on 10:41 - Mar 4 with 1044 viewsdaveB

What makes me laugh with the story is on one hand we're supposed to believe the players all hate each other and on the other hand they were out drinking together all day.

I'm sure there was some truth in the story but as ever with tabloid journalists they exaggerate it and then hide behind sources when they are called out about it later and say well if it's not true sue us which they know will never happen.
Shocking if true on 10:44 - Mar 4 with 1033 viewsAntti_Heinola

Shocking if true on 09:59 - Mar 4 by hoopstilidie

Why don't you ask DubaiR? He posted this on this very thread.

"It's all crap. Training started at 09:30 every day and went till 12. We invited the players to the QPR bar but they were only allowed one night out. The team out every night was west ham all over the bars. One of our players did get very drunk on the night out and he didn't feature against united so that could be why "

Now, this is where things get patchy, because even Harry has said this is not true:

“We worked the maximum, man for man, worked our socks for an hour and a half, every day."

Where's Dubai's extra hour come from?

Bare bones.

Shocking if true on 10:48 - Mar 4 with 1023 viewsAntti_Heinola

Shocking if true on 10:41 - Mar 4 by daveB

What makes me laugh with the story is on one hand we're supposed to believe the players all hate each other and on the other hand they were out drinking together all day.

I'm sure there was some truth in the story but as ever with tabloid journalists they exaggerate it and then hide behind sources when they are called out about it later and say well if it's not true sue us which they know will never happen.

The problem is, dave, that the vast majority of the story is quotes. The most damning stuff is quoted. Not 'a source' not speculation. Quotes. As unreliable as journos are, it's still pretty damning. Still, let's move on.
By the way - players can have been out drinking in different groups, you know.

Bare bones.

Shocking if true on 10:50 - Mar 4 with 1021 viewsDubaiR

Shocking if true on 10:44 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

Now, this is where things get patchy, because even Harry has said this is not true:

“We worked the maximum, man for man, worked our socks for an hour and a half, every day."

Where's Dubai's extra hour come from?

Turned up at 9ish training started 09:30, there were fans there every day and every day we wrapped up at 12. I guess Harry is referring to the 90 minutes of hard running and tactics and not warm up and warm down and time with fans at the end
Shocking if true on 10:54 - Mar 4 with 1012 viewsadhoc_qpr

The bit that makes me laugh is Harry saying i worked the player so hard they were on their knees - when i'm playing sport in the heat, on 3 hours sleep with a hangover it doesn't take much to put me on my knees...
Shocking if true on 10:55 - Mar 4 with 1011 viewsdaveB

Shocking if true on 10:48 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

The problem is, dave, that the vast majority of the story is quotes. The most damning stuff is quoted. Not 'a source' not speculation. Quotes. As unreliable as journos are, it's still pretty damning. Still, let's move on.
By the way - players can have been out drinking in different groups, you know.

the vast majority of the story about us getting deducted 15 points in the Sun had quotes in, doesn't meant they are true
Shocking if true on 10:58 - Mar 4 with 1001 viewsadhoc_qpr

The bit that makes me laugh is Harry saying i worked the player so hard they were on their knees - when i'm playing sport in the heat, on 3 hours sleep with a hangover it doesn't take much to put me on my knees...
Shocking if true on 10:59 - Mar 4 with 998 viewsNW5Hoop

Shocking if true on 10:41 - Mar 4 by daveB

It does happen. It happens a lot. It happens so much it's a threat to freedom of speech.

Britain has the most generous libel laws in the world for claimants. It's very easy to sue for libel here, especially if you have a ton of money.
Login to get fewer ads

Shocking if true on 11:43 - Mar 4 with 953 viewsngbqpr

Shocking if true on 09:50 - Mar 4 by Northernr

I suspect the truth is somewhere in between. The journalist is adamant he has spoken to three players and I believe him on that. But it seems the story is exaggerated somewhat so the question has to be who were the players and why would they do this? What's in it for them? Securing their own positions? Undermining people who are ahead of them in the team? Bitter at Redknapp for some reason?

Ultimately if the whole thing brings them together and we start stringing results together then they should have gone out to Dubai on the pis much sooner.

Certainly don't understand the criticism of Loftboy for posting the link. It was the big talking point for QPR fans everywhere Saturday morning, were we meant to ignore it? Getting a bit sick of this happy clappy idea that everybody has to be careful what they put on a message board and only say and report positive things for fear of damaging the performance levels of a team that has won three times in 28 games.

Curious thing about the 'quotes' is the journo stressing they're from at least one 'regular starter' ie. trying to emphasise it's not a load of disgruntled, marginalised players

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Shocking if true on 11:45 - Mar 4 with 950 viewsAntti_Heinola

Shocking if true on 10:55 - Mar 4 by daveB

the vast majority of the story about us getting deducted 15 points in the Sun had quotes in, doesn't meant they are true

But that was speculation, dave, about something that might happen in the future. People giving an opinion. Can you see the difference?

Bare bones.

Shocking if true on 11:47 - Mar 4 with 947 viewstoboboly

Meh, load of bolox. Strange that everyone waited 10 days to publicise it.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Shocking if true on 11:49 - Mar 4 with 942 viewsdaveB

Shocking if true on 11:45 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

But that was speculation, dave, about something that might happen in the future. People giving an opinion. Can you see the difference?

the sun article back then about faurlin was stated as fact not opinion that we would lose 15 points and were guilty all hiding behind an unnamed source.

Most of this article is someone giving an opinion on what others were doing which may well have been completly wrong, i very much doubt the players were out drinking all day every day and having a stag do, all smells of someone out of favour moaning to his agent who has an agenda. I'm not going to pretend everything is great at QPR, it's obvious certain players don't get on but I'm not sure that warranted this article.
Shocking if true on 11:52 - Mar 4 with 935 viewsTacticalR

Shocking if true on 11:49 - Mar 4 by daveB

the sun article back then about faurlin was stated as fact not opinion that we would lose 15 points and were guilty all hiding behind an unnamed source.

Most of this article is someone giving an opinion on what others were doing which may well have been completly wrong, i very much doubt the players were out drinking all day every day and having a stag do, all smells of someone out of favour moaning to his agent who has an agenda. I'm not going to pretend everything is great at QPR, it's obvious certain players don't get on but I'm not sure that warranted this article.

It's not Peter Odemwingie's agent is it?

Air hostess clique

Shocking if true on 12:03 - Mar 4 with 918 viewsisawqpratwcity

Shocking if true on 11:49 - Mar 4 by daveB

The worst of this article is, if there are 'leakers' within the club, what do they expect to achieve? Popularity?

And the reason that I'd prefer that the club did not air its dirty washing in public, and this forum for that matter, is that I don't see any good coming out of this. If there are cliques in the team, and every place I've ever worked has had cliques to some degree, YOU SHUT THE F*CK UP AND GET ON WITH YOUR WORK!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Shocking if true on 12:13 - Mar 4 with 906 viewssmegma

Shocking if true on 09:13 - Mar 3 by JonDoeman

‏@johncrossmirror

@robshepherd5 Rob - I back my colleague 100pc, terrific story, well sourced and if it wasn't we wouldn't have run it.

robshepherd ? The ex jail bird who got a custodial for trying to bite someones nose off ?

Having now read the story, I'm not convinced getting drunk is the problem here, they had no game for 2 weeks. My main problem is it being described as a 'boot camp' yet they only trained for about 2 hours a day.
Shocking if true on 12:13 - Mar 4 with 906 viewshoopstilidie

Shocking if true on 11:45 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

If said "quotes" came from named individuals then we could say there is a difference, they don't, so we can't.

There is absolutely no truth to this story and I quote a very senior Mirror employee who said "it's completely fabricated, we were bored so just made it all up."

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Shocking if true on 12:18 - Mar 4 with 896 viewsdaveB

Shocking if true on 12:13 - Mar 4 by smegma

robshepherd ? The ex jail bird who got a custodial for trying to bite someones nose off ?

Having now read the story, I'm not convinced getting drunk is the problem here, they had no game for 2 weeks. My main problem is it being described as a 'boot camp' yet they only trained for about 2 hours a day.

how long do you think they should have trained for? 2 hours in that heat sounds about right
Shocking if true on 12:21 - Mar 4 with 883 viewsQPR_John

Shocking if true on 10:36 - Mar 4 by NW5Hoop

Look, I don't think - given Saturday's win - that it's the most important thing in the world. I just wanted to point out that it's wrong to assume the story is necessarily a pack of lies.

"I just wanted to point out that it's wrong to assume the story is necessarily a pack of lies. "

It is in the press so I would have thought the default option is to assume it is a pack of lies until proven otherwise, like for instance a second paper taking up the story.
Shocking if true on 12:22 - Mar 4 with 873 viewssmegma

Shocking if true on 12:18 - Mar 4 by daveB

how long do you think they should have trained for? 2 hours in that heat sounds about right

I was pointing out it being described as a boot camp.2 hours training is not what I'd associate with a boot camp.
Shocking if true on 12:24 - Mar 4 with 868 viewsNW5Hoop

Shocking if true on 12:21 - Mar 4 by QPR_John

"I just wanted to point out that it's wrong to assume the story is necessarily a pack of lies. "

It is in the press so I would have thought the default option is to assume it is a pack of lies until proven otherwise, like for instance a second paper taking up the story.

Thanks for assuming everything I have done for the past 22 years is untruthful! And that everything Clive writes is untruthful!
Shocking if true on 12:29 - Mar 4 with 856 viewsQPR_John

Shocking if true on 12:24 - Mar 4 by NW5Hoop

Thanks for assuming everything I have done for the past 22 years is untruthful! And that everything Clive writes is untruthful!

Nothing personnal and I did not say it is always a pack of lies just that it is always best to assume that until there is a second take on the story. The fact that no other paper has seen fit to follow up on the story is let's say interesting.
Shocking if true on 12:29 - Mar 4 with 855 viewshoopstilidie

Shocking if true on 12:24 - Mar 4 by NW5Hoop

Journalist defends press shocker.

Shocking if true on 12:31 - Mar 4 with 850 viewsdaveB

Shocking if true on 12:22 - Mar 4 by smegma

I was pointing out it being described as a boot camp.2 hours training is not what I'd associate with a boot camp.

that is a boot camp for footballers, they do an hour a day normally
Shocking if true on 12:39 - Mar 4 with 829 viewsAntti_Heinola

Shocking if true on 12:13 - Mar 4 by hoopstilidie

If said "quotes" came from named individuals then we could say there is a difference, they don't, so we can't.

There is absolutely no truth to this story and I quote a very senior Mirror employee who said "it's completely fabricated, we were bored so just made it all up."

Of course we can. There's clearly a massive difference as I explained - one was about something that *could* happen in the future (whether dressed as fact or not - you can never say anything will 'definitely' happen in the future) one has actually happened.

I think the issue is that at least three players, and by the sounds of it players that we as fans respect, are profoundly disillusioned with how the club is being run and what happened in Dubai.

2 hours a day training probably is about right. You can't kill them. But an hour practising set pieces in the cooler evening might have been an idea, for example, or some time spent watching some videos of recent games, using prozone etc etc all could have been useful. Seeing as the team didn't have much idea what they were supposed to be doing v Man Utd, it seems the least they could have been doing. and besides all that if this was supposed to be a tea bonding break, why weren't some proper activities set up - even if it was a bl00dy FIFA tournament with TF or something? Why just let people do what they want in their own separate groups?
I don't doubt some of this is exaggerated and I have no problem with a bit of drinking, but you'd have to be pretty naiive to genuinely think this whole story has been made up or is part of some massive conspiracy. Seems to me to be a very, very well sourced story.

Bare bones.

Shocking if true on 12:43 - Mar 4 with 818 viewshoopstilidie

Shocking if true on 12:39 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

Of course we can. There's clearly a massive difference as I explained - one was about something that *could* happen in the future (whether dressed as fact or not - you can never say anything will 'definitely' happen in the future) one has actually happened.

I think the issue is that at least three players, and by the sounds of it players that we as fans respect, are profoundly disillusioned with how the club is being run and what happened in Dubai.

2 hours a day training probably is about right. You can't kill them. But an hour practising set pieces in the cooler evening might have been an idea, for example, or some time spent watching some videos of recent games, using prozone etc etc all could have been useful. Seeing as the team didn't have much idea what they were supposed to be doing v Man Utd, it seems the least they could have been doing. and besides all that if this was supposed to be a tea bonding break, why weren't some proper activities set up - even if it was a bl00dy FIFA tournament with TF or something? Why just let people do what they want in their own separate groups?
I don't doubt some of this is exaggerated and I have no problem with a bit of drinking, but you'd have to be pretty naiive to genuinely think this whole story has been made up or is part of some massive conspiracy. Seems to me to be a very, very well sourced story.

"Of course we can. There's clearly a massive difference as I explained - one was about something that *could* happen in the future (whether dressed as fact or not - you can never say anything will 'definitely' happen in the future) one has actually happened."

There you go again "one has actually happened", how do you know? because a paper said so, because it says they are quotes?
Told you, it's made up, I even supplied a quote as a fact to prove it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024