Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking if true 23:40 - Mar 1 with 25785 viewsloftboy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-players-lift-lid-five-1738275

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shocking if true on 11:03 - Mar 3 with 1474 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Shocking if true on 10:59 - Mar 3 by TGRRRSSS

By the way to those critiscing Loftboy for posting the original thread I think thats unfair, the fact is whether it's true or not, whether it's a Hughes/KJ stitch up, whether it's the full truth or not the fcat was it was a bit "Splash" in the weekend papers with a story about QPR and someone would have linked it at some point and given the content of the story I think it's ridiculous to have a go at (in this instance) Loftboy, or anyone who links a story to Rangers on a Rangers forum.

Agreed, this is where I come for my QPR news and shît so I'd expect it to be discussed here. If he hadn't posted it someone (me?) would have. And it's been a good insightful discussion I reckon.
Shocking if true on 11:04 - Mar 3 with 1473 viewshoopstilidie

Shocking if true on 10:59 - Mar 3 by isawqpratwcity

Disseminating?

Come come now.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Shocking if true on 11:48 - Mar 3 with 1425 viewsRedbourneR

Be fair he is the in-terim-seminator
Shocking if true on 12:32 - Mar 3 with 1373 viewsHollowayRanger

two leave QPR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21642706

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Shocking if true on 12:41 - Mar 3 with 1368 viewsCanadaRanger

Shocking if true on 12:32 - Mar 3 by HollowayRanger

two leave QPR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21642706

QPR scouting co-ordinator Kevin Cruickshank has tendered his resignation and it is understood head of performance Damian Roden will also leave the Premier League's bottom side.
Shocking if true on 12:46 - Mar 3 with 1349 viewsHollowayRanger

Shocking if true on 12:41 - Mar 3 by CanadaRanger

QPR scouting co-ordinator Kevin Cruickshank has tendered his resignation and it is understood head of performance Damian Roden will also leave the Premier League's bottom side.

It is understood Roden cited the alleged events of Dubai as the final straw after a gradual dilution of his influence since Hughes's dismissal.

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Shocking if true on 12:55 - Mar 3 with 1341 viewsAntti_Heinola

Some odd arguments going on here. To me, this is a superb story by the Mirror. It's not two paragraphs saying there was some naughtiness in Dubai and some trumped up charges, they have direct quotes direct from more than one player. We all know papers make stuff up, but you don't have an entire splash like that just magicked out of thin air. Now, I don't care what Harry says, one or more players are clearly unhappy about certain members of the squad and the concerns expressed in the article are really no different to what any of us fans have said. It's a profoundly worrying article. The heartening thing is that we won yesterday, even if the team didn't seem particularly together. At the end only Hill, briefly, and then Mbia, Traore and Remy really acknowledged the fans. Now, perhaps they don't want to appear to triumphant after such an awful season, but still, it was pretty strange.
On the other hand, maybe it was a member of the backroom staff repeating 'quotes' to the Mirror to try and get Harry in trouble. A possibility. And maybe the players were all furious about that. Who knows? But I have to say I think the Mirror have done an excellent piece here in terms of journalism, as damaging as it might be.

Bare bones.

Shocking if true on 12:56 - Mar 3 with 1342 viewsTW_R

Shocking if true on 10:59 - Mar 3 by TGRRRSSS

By the way to those critiscing Loftboy for posting the original thread I think thats unfair, the fact is whether it's true or not, whether it's a Hughes/KJ stitch up, whether it's the full truth or not the fcat was it was a bit "Splash" in the weekend papers with a story about QPR and someone would have linked it at some point and given the content of the story I think it's ridiculous to have a go at (in this instance) Loftboy, or anyone who links a story to Rangers on a Rangers forum.

Agreed. This is a QPR message board. Why wouldn't you expect it to appear on here?
Login to get fewer ads

Shocking if true on 13:12 - Mar 3 with 1318 viewsPinnerPaul

Shocking if true on 12:55 - Mar 3 by Antti_Heinola

Some odd arguments going on here. To me, this is a superb story by the Mirror. It's not two paragraphs saying there was some naughtiness in Dubai and some trumped up charges, they have direct quotes direct from more than one player. We all know papers make stuff up, but you don't have an entire splash like that just magicked out of thin air. Now, I don't care what Harry says, one or more players are clearly unhappy about certain members of the squad and the concerns expressed in the article are really no different to what any of us fans have said. It's a profoundly worrying article. The heartening thing is that we won yesterday, even if the team didn't seem particularly together. At the end only Hill, briefly, and then Mbia, Traore and Remy really acknowledged the fans. Now, perhaps they don't want to appear to triumphant after such an awful season, but still, it was pretty strange.
On the other hand, maybe it was a member of the backroom staff repeating 'quotes' to the Mirror to try and get Harry in trouble. A possibility. And maybe the players were all furious about that. Who knows? But I have to say I think the Mirror have done an excellent piece here in terms of journalism, as damaging as it might be.

"Excellent piece" if 90% of it is untrue?
Shocking if true on 20:35 - Mar 3 with 1201 viewsAntti_Heinola

Shocking if true on 13:12 - Mar 3 by PinnerPaul

I'm talking about from a journalistic POV. If you look at it, everything they say is backed up by quotes. If 90% of it is false (which, I'm sorry, it's not - even Harry has admitted they only trained 90 mins per day first thing in the morning (would it have killed them to practise set pieces in the cool of the evenin, for example?)) that's not the Mirror's fault, because they are well within their rights to do a story based on first hand quotations. Even if 90% is false (and again, it's clearly not) then it's still a good story because someone somewhere is trying to stick the knife in for some reason. Maybe the team will actually react in the right way to this, maybe it'll galvanise them somehow. I'm not worried about them having a drink, I'm more worries about the disconnect between players and players and players and the manager.

Bare bones.

Shocking if true on 21:41 - Mar 3 with 1144 viewsGloryHunter

Shocking if true on 12:46 - Mar 3 by HollowayRanger

It is understood Roden cited the alleged events of Dubai as the final straw after a gradual dilution of his influence since Hughes's dismissal.

Might it be that these two Hughes lackies are using this trumped-up story to claim for constructive dismissal?
Shocking if true on 21:48 - Mar 3 with 1131 viewsingeminate

Shocking if true on 12:55 - Mar 3 by Antti_Heinola

If and big if it is true prob down to a journo having a bit on one of the squad, maybe drunken pic and getting an agreement to not run it so long as he gets a few decent quotes and ropes in a couple of mates to corroborate under the understanding of anonyminity. Otherwise can't really see what there is to gain from the players quoted. All a bit odd.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Shocking if true on 09:39 - Mar 4 with 1036 viewsNW5Hoop

Shocking if true on 13:12 - Mar 3 by PinnerPaul

There has been no official denial from the club. There has been no threat of legal action despite the story, if false, being clearly defamatory. Three sources are quoted.

Everything says the story is true.
Shocking if true on 09:43 - Mar 4 with 1030 viewshoopstilidie

Shocking if true on 09:39 - Mar 4 by NW5Hoop

There has been no official denial from the club. There has been no threat of legal action despite the story, if false, being clearly defamatory. Three sources are quoted.

Everything says the story is true.

Everything? Even the posts on this board by people that were actually there and say it has no substance?

Shocking if true on 09:50 - Mar 4 with 1018 viewsNorthernr

I suspect the truth is somewhere in between. The journalist is adamant he has spoken to three players and I believe him on that. But it seems the story is exaggerated somewhat so the question has to be who were the players and why would they do this? What's in it for them? Securing their own positions? Undermining people who are ahead of them in the team? Bitter at Redknapp for some reason?

Ultimately if the whole thing brings them together and we start stringing results together then they should have gone out to Dubai on the pis much sooner.

Certainly don't understand the criticism of Loftboy for posting the link. It was the big talking point for QPR fans everywhere Saturday morning, were we meant to ignore it? Getting a bit sick of this happy clappy idea that everybody has to be careful what they put on a message board and only say and report positive things for fear of damaging the performance levels of a team that has won three times in 28 games.
Shocking if true on 09:55 - Mar 4 with 1009 viewsNW5Hoop

Shocking if true on 09:43 - Mar 4 by hoopstilidie

Everything? Even the posts on this board by people that were actually there and say it has no substance?

Were they with the team the whole time? Were they in the players' rooms, drinking from mini-bars? Or were they seeing them from time to time, from a distance?

As a journalist, the lack of an official statement from the club is the thing that makes me think it's true. I can't believe this wouldn't have had a stiff and immediate denial if it were untrue.
Shocking if true on 09:58 - Mar 4 with 999 viewsNorthernr

Shocking if true on 09:55 - Mar 4 by NW5Hoop

Were they with the team the whole time? Were they in the players' rooms, drinking from mini-bars? Or were they seeing them from time to time, from a distance?

As a journalist, the lack of an official statement from the club is the thing that makes me think it's true. I can't believe this wouldn't have had a stiff and immediate denial if it were untrue.

Does Redknapp's press conference on Saturday not count as an official rebuttal?
Shocking if true on 09:59 - Mar 4 with 996 viewshoopstilidie

Shocking if true on 09:55 - Mar 4 by NW5Hoop

Why don't you ask DubaiR? He posted this on this very thread.

"It's all crap. Training started at 09:30 every day and went till 12. We invited the players to the QPR bar but they were only allowed one night out. The team out every night was west ham all over the bars. One of our players did get very drunk on the night out and he didn't feature against united so that could be why "

Shocking if true on 10:02 - Mar 4 with 987 viewsNW5Hoop

Shocking if true on 09:58 - Mar 4 by Northernr

Does Redknapp's press conference on Saturday not count as an official rebuttal?

Not for me: the manager's job is to protect the team, not to decide media strategy. I'd expect a formal statement from the club (and I'd have expected earlier than the post match press conference).

Whatever one thinks of Arry, it's not unknown for him to say exactly what serves his interests best, regardless of whether there's any truth in his words (something most managers do, to be fair). I suspect the club has been silent because the spirits-are-high-in-the-media-team don't want to put their name to something that could be proved wrong, whereas Arry has no such qualms because no journalist is going to call him a liar.
Shocking if true on 10:05 - Mar 4 with 981 viewshoopstilidie

Shocking if true on 10:02 - Mar 4 by NW5Hoop

Not for me: the manager's job is to protect the team, not to decide media strategy. I'd expect a formal statement from the club (and I'd have expected earlier than the post match press conference).

Whatever one thinks of Arry, it's not unknown for him to say exactly what serves his interests best, regardless of whether there's any truth in his words (something most managers do, to be fair). I suspect the club has been silent because the spirits-are-high-in-the-media-team don't want to put their name to something that could be proved wrong, whereas Arry has no such qualms because no journalist is going to call him a liar.

You've decided it's true regardless so there's little point to any dicussion is there.
You dislike our media team and this fits for you.

Certainly see this eye-witness comment fitting more with Harry than it does with the Mirror.

"As posted yesterday it was all rubbish. Players trained every day 09:30 till midday when Sunderland arrived. We're allowed one night out only Derry got out of hand and hasn't featured since. Only player to miss training was rob green and don't think he was on the trip. West name out every night our lot had one night off. Derek whyte ex pro watched every session and said they been worked hard all week, I only saw one session but they were worked."

Shocking if true on 10:07 - Mar 4 with 971 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Shocking if true on 09:50 - Mar 4 by Northernr

I suspect the truth is somewhere in between. The journalist is adamant he has spoken to three players and I believe him on that. But it seems the story is exaggerated somewhat so the question has to be who were the players and why would they do this? What's in it for them? Securing their own positions? Undermining people who are ahead of them in the team? Bitter at Redknapp for some reason?

Ultimately if the whole thing brings them together and we start stringing results together then they should have gone out to Dubai on the pis much sooner.

Certainly don't understand the criticism of Loftboy for posting the link. It was the big talking point for QPR fans everywhere Saturday morning, were we meant to ignore it? Getting a bit sick of this happy clappy idea that everybody has to be careful what they put on a message board and only say and report positive things for fear of damaging the performance levels of a team that has won three times in 28 games.

^ This

What happened at Southampton makes me think that whatever truth there is in the Mirror's article will be of little consequence over the next few weeks. If anything we finished Saturday's game stronger than Southampton. I expected an onslaught in the last ten minutes. They went close but we looked more comfortable than on many occasions this season.
Shocking if true on 10:09 - Mar 4 with 957 viewsTheBlob

Players go out on the piss on their days off - shock horror.Nobody remember the seventies?Small beer compared to those heady times if you'll pardon the pun.I suppose some twisted journalist will posit this as a shocking inspiration to our youth who otherwise would stay home and play pianoforte with their ageing parents on Friday and Saturday.
If it means they've come together as a team and play with committment and urgency like that,I don't care if they walk around with an intravenous alcohol drip.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Shocking if true on 10:11 - Mar 4 with 951 viewsNorthernr

Shocking if true on 10:02 - Mar 4 by NW5Hoop

I think the media lot have handled it well:
1 - if they commented on every single negative story about QPR in the papers they'd never be doing anything else.
2 - as the players were allowed out for a night while on tour how can they deny the story completely? They can't, because there was a night when they went out drinking. So the official statement would quickly become a wordy mess saying that the story is right about some things and wrong about others. It's also clear this journalist has spoken to players, so you'd end up with a situation where the club is calling its own players liars.
3 - Redknapp said everything that needs to be said after the match. I don't believe him on everything, but then I don't believe the story on everything. Redknapp self serves, but the players that have spoken to the mirror won't have done so out of the goodness of their hearts either.
4 - We've won the Southampton game and already the story feels like old news. I wouldn't go raking the coals over with an official statement.
Shocking if true on 10:33 - Mar 4 with 899 viewsJamie

As above I imagine there are elements of truth mixed in with vastly exaggerated elements. Can well believe that the 'wild stag party' was the 'old guard' clique playing poker and utilising the mini bar with the 'big money' clique not invited. As per those there, the 'players unable to train' was infact a player who had too many sherbets on the teams night out.

Personally I wouldn't be overly surprised if rather than the mock outrage of HR, the story wrote his teamtalk for him. Clearly several (probably non-playing) players aren't happy and went to the media and easy for HR to point out to the squad he picked that they should go out and show those unhappy players why they weren't playing.
Shocking if true on 10:36 - Mar 4 with 893 viewsNW5Hoop

Shocking if true on 10:11 - Mar 4 by Northernr

I think the media lot have handled it well:
1 - if they commented on every single negative story about QPR in the papers they'd never be doing anything else.
2 - as the players were allowed out for a night while on tour how can they deny the story completely? They can't, because there was a night when they went out drinking. So the official statement would quickly become a wordy mess saying that the story is right about some things and wrong about others. It's also clear this journalist has spoken to players, so you'd end up with a situation where the club is calling its own players liars.
3 - Redknapp said everything that needs to be said after the match. I don't believe him on everything, but then I don't believe the story on everything. Redknapp self serves, but the players that have spoken to the mirror won't have done so out of the goodness of their hearts either.
4 - We've won the Southampton game and already the story feels like old news. I wouldn't go raking the coals over with an official statement.

Look, I don't think - given Saturday's win - that it's the most important thing in the world. I just wanted to point out that it's wrong to assume the story is necessarily a pack of lies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024