Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers - Their Promise faded away 18:52 - Mar 5 with 4934 viewsGloucs_R

Name a striker who had lots of potential but never actually made it....

Jermaine Beckford - banged in the goals for Leeds, went to Everton and scored 1 in 4 but didnt make the grade and is now at Huddesfield

Poll: Are we staying up?

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:10 - Mar 5 with 2960 viewsWeaverQPR

Franny Jeffers

@WeavQPR

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:14 - Mar 5 with 2941 viewsWatford_Ranger

Danny Cadamarteri

I thought Balanta would be great for us but he doesn't seem to have progressed much over the last three or four years.
Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:30 - Mar 5 with 2900 viewsHollowayRanger

sammy koejoe the new sir les

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:30 - Mar 5 with 2900 viewsCHUBBS

Kevin Gallen
No where near the player he promised to be.
Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:33 - Mar 5 with 2891 viewsHollowayRanger

charlie nicholas

Terry Neill signed Nicholas for Arsenal on 22 June 1983, for £800,000. As a 21-year-old at the time of his move to Arsenal, he reportedly became the highest paid footballer in Britain and was described as being "the most exciting player to emerge in Britain since George Best". However, he did not live up to the hype surrounding his move and Neill was sacked as Arsenal's manager in December 1983 following poor results
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:34 - Mar 5 with 2887 viewsTheBlob

Danny Dichio.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:35 - Mar 5 with 2886 viewsClive_Anderson

David Hirst - Was going to be amazing then did his knee in.

Dalian Atkinson - Where did he go?

Michael Owen is an obvious choice as is Robbie Fowler.

Stan Collymore.

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:35 - Mar 5 with 2885 viewsEalingRanger

Rooney? I thought he would be the best player in the world by the time he was this age.

Oh and Robbie Fowler.
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:37 - Mar 5 with 2875 viewsessextaxiboy

Freddy Sears
Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:41 - Mar 5 with 2858 viewsClive_Anderson

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:35 - Mar 5 by EalingRanger

Rooney? I thought he would be the best player in the world by the time he was this age.

Oh and Robbie Fowler.

Good shout on Rooney. He is obviously a very good player etc. but he's lost that spark that he had when he first appeared. I remember him grabbing the ball for England and dribbling round 5 players in Euro 2004. Now he just wanders about aimlessly when he plays for England.
Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:46 - Mar 5 with 2848 viewsTheBlob

Robin Friday

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:57 - Mar 5 with 2828 viewsN12Hoop

Rob Earnshaw: prolific in the Championship year after year, awful in the Premiership

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:59 - Mar 5 with 2820 viewsCanadaRanger

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:30 - Mar 5 by CHUBBS

Kevin Gallen

After the injury... but still a legend and one of my favourite all time QPR players
Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 20:09 - Mar 5 with 2801 viewsWeaverQPR

Macheda? Scored a title winning goal but sod all since, or was it just a case of right time right place?

@WeavQPR

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 20:17 - Mar 5 with 2789 viewsGloucs_R

Fowler and Owen both achieved a fair bit.

Jeffers and Sears are good shouts

Poll: Are we staying up?

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 20:41 - Mar 5 with 2740 viewsToast_R

Mark Robbins

That Rapping Cup of Tea bloke, Shaboo Shabaa
Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:03 - Mar 5 with 2695 viewsderbyhoop

Leon Jeanne
Ricky Sappleton
Richard Pacquette

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:04 - Mar 5 with 2692 viewsLandofoz89

I would have said Jay Bothroyd before Saturday

Meet me by the railway track

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:17 - Mar 5 with 2678 viewsLandofoz89

Kevin Gallen

Oi...he was sh*t hot!

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:21 - Mar 5 with 2670 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 19:33 - Mar 5 by HollowayRanger

charlie nicholas

Terry Neill signed Nicholas for Arsenal on 22 June 1983, for £800,000. As a 21-year-old at the time of his move to Arsenal, he reportedly became the highest paid footballer in Britain and was described as being "the most exciting player to emerge in Britain since George Best". However, he did not live up to the hype surrounding his move and Neill was sacked as Arsenal's manager in December 1983 following poor results

And in a very similar way, Peter Marinelo just a few years earlier at Arsenal.
Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:24 - Mar 5 with 2665 viewspaulparker

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:17 - Mar 5 by Landofoz89

Oi...he was sh*t hot!

michael rickets- remember he tore us a new one whilst at Walsall

lua lua - again anyone remember the colchester legue cup game

franny jeffers= great shout , wenger ruined him

agbonglahor - @ villa looked mustard a few seasons back looks totally dog shat now

kluivert-never the same after leaving Ajax

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:29 - Mar 5 with 2655 viewsCiderwithRsie

Kevin Gallen

Yeah, very good player for us but neither the goal machine he appeared to be in the youth team nor the player that Ferguson allegedly bid £1m for [when £1m was worth something]. I think might have been different but of for his injury.

One of a run of similar players for us: Bradley Allen, Gallen, Dichio and Dougie Freedman. Allen had a striking partner called Kevin Kingsmore who was tearing up trees in the youth team and never even made it into the first team.
Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:32 - Mar 5 with 2652 viewsMrSheen

Kluivert - good call! As the memory of his brief Ajax days faded, it was a case of, why do people bother?

Fowler and Owen scored tons of goals, but peaked before they were 25. Compare with someone like Pippo Inzaghi, who without ever looking much of a player, was scoring goals to win trophies into his late 30s.

David Nugent? Robbie Keane? Signed by Inter as a teenager, but no more than a streak player afterwards.

Ade Akinbyi!
Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:51 - Mar 5 with 2624 viewsLandofoz89

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:32 - Mar 5 by MrSheen

Kluivert - good call! As the memory of his brief Ajax days faded, it was a case of, why do people bother?

Fowler and Owen scored tons of goals, but peaked before they were 25. Compare with someone like Pippo Inzaghi, who without ever looking much of a player, was scoring goals to win trophies into his late 30s.

David Nugent? Robbie Keane? Signed by Inter as a teenager, but no more than a streak player afterwards.

Ade Akinbyi!

Bobbie Zamora

Strikers - Their Promise faded away on 21:59 - Mar 5 with 2602 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ross Weare.
Alan Smith (Leeds one)

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024