Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new Pope.Who cares? 18:43 - Mar 13 with 10827 viewshighlandbill

Its white smoke folks so the guys in red frocks have picked their new boss. (I wish we could all do that). Will he be black? Will he be young? (By young I mean under 60). Will he be an ex Nazi or child mollester? Will anyone other than Mrs Doyle give an f***? Either way its time this nonsence was relegated to a tiny paragraph on page 10. The result of the next QPR match is hugely more important than this dross.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

At my age I should not be doing this!

A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:43 - Mar 13 with 2424 viewsTheBlob

A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:37 - Mar 13 by A40Bosh

Dave, save your breath mate, you are wasting your time on here with a lot of people who appear to feel that their own non belief in God or a Deity means that they also do not have to show any restraint nor respect to those who perhaps do have beliefs. The only time the Church gets a mention on here is when someone decides to jump on a story about a sexual abuse scandl by a priest and decides to paint all members both lay and clerical as kiddie fiddlers lead by an ex nazi.

No mention about all the good work that thousands within the church do in helping fight poverty around the world, who provide support to the bereaved and no intelligent thought to separate the institutional church fom the working church in many communities.

It's like saying all BBC presenters and northerners are dirty pedophiles cos of Mr Now Then Now Then.

They could kill a lot of poverty if they opened the vast Vatican coffers.The share portfolio alone is somewhere in the region of $15 billion.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:51 - Mar 13 with 2411 viewsTGRRRSSS

A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:43 - Mar 13 by TheBlob

They could kill a lot of poverty if they opened the vast Vatican coffers.The share portfolio alone is somewhere in the region of $15 billion.

Exactly I am sure the church makes out its doing lots of good things here there and everywhere and whilst I am not against religion per sey I am very dubious about it's inherent goodness.
There is much to be said by living by some of the rules that religion itself tells us to. However too much evil happens in the world and all religion can really say is we must have faith.
I try to be open minded and keep my options open but as I'm not a catholic it doesn't really interest me and I don't see why something i am not affiliated to which suggests I will be going to hell for this. Oh well.
I was christened as a kid (Proddie) but never confirmed so dunno if that makes any difference.
Anyway the fact is there are far too many evil things around the catholic church and the type it seems to attract which is as ever the problem. BTW Mr Now then Now then was Catholic.
A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:52 - Mar 13 with 2410 viewsA40Bosh

A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:43 - Mar 13 by TheBlob

There you go again blob, "they".
I am talking about no differential being made between those involved in the grass root churches around the world and the work they do and the "institution" and a total lack of respect towards anyone who may have a belief.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:56 - Mar 13 with 2400 viewsA40Bosh

A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:51 - Mar 13 by TGRRRSSS

Exactly I am sure the church makes out its doing lots of good things here there and everywhere and whilst I am not against religion per sey I am very dubious about it's inherent goodness.
There is much to be said by living by some of the rules that religion itself tells us to. However too much evil happens in the world and all religion can really say is we must have faith.
I try to be open minded and keep my options open but as I'm not a catholic it doesn't really interest me and I don't see why something i am not affiliated to which suggests I will be going to hell for this. Oh well.
I was christened as a kid (Proddie) but never confirmed so dunno if that makes any difference.
Anyway the fact is there are far too many evil things around the catholic church and the type it seems to attract which is as ever the problem. BTW Mr Now then Now then was Catholic.

So are you now saying that he was a pedo because he was a Catholic.
Fcuk it I must be as well then.
And ll these years I never realised.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:01 - Mar 13 with 2384 viewsTGRRRSSS

A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:56 - Mar 13 by A40Bosh

So are you now saying that he was a pedo because he was a Catholic.
Fcuk it I must be as well then.
And ll these years I never realised.

No you said it's like saying all BBC presenters must be cos of him, I was pointing out that he was aso well known as a catholic.
The thing is if the catholic church accepted this and other things that has affected their church people would be I think easier on it. But they don't they hide, deny and cover up and the previous Pope we know was involved covering up a big scandal in North America when he was the Main Man for that continent prior to becoming Pope.
I don't have a problem with catholics per sey and take a live and let live view of it by and large but frankly the catholic church needs to accept it's failings down the years not just related to sexual abuse but other evil and wicked things they;ve been a part of such as for example the Magdalene Laundries.
A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:02 - Mar 13 with 2384 viewsloftboy

One thing you can guarantee, any forum on any site, get a thread started on religion and it will end in a row.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:10 - Mar 13 with 2375 viewsA40Bosh

A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:02 - Mar 13 by loftboy

One thing you can guarantee, any forum on any site, get a thread started on religion and it will end in a row.

Especially if the original post and some others That follow are just inflammatory sarcastic jibes and not contributions to a debate

A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:12 - Mar 13 with 2369 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

it's nice of the popes to tell aids ridden africa to not wear condoms
freaks

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Login to get fewer ads

A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:38 - Mar 13 with 2347 viewsPeterHucker

I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole.
A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:41 - Mar 13 with 2340 viewsJigsore

A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:38 - Mar 13 by PeterHucker

I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:45 - Mar 13 with 2333 viewscalders

A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:12 - Mar 13 by Kendo_Nagasaki

it's nice of the popes to tell aids ridden africa to not wear condoms
freaks

Yeah I'm sure africa decided not to wear condoms because of the Catholics.
A new Pope.Who cares? on 00:20 - Mar 14 with 2311 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

A new Pope.Who cares? on 23:45 - Mar 13 by calders

Yeah I'm sure africa decided not to wear condoms because of the Catholics.

doesnt help with all the missionaries over there preaching does it einstein

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

A new Pope.Who cares? on 02:02 - Mar 14 with 2295 viewsTacticalR

Always important to work out who cares...

Air hostess clique

A new Pope.Who cares? on 04:42 - Mar 14 with 2284 viewsQPR_ARG

This country has gone mental with the election of the new Pope.

Me?

I'm Argentine, but I'm not Catholic. I have no religion. I want to be tolerant (and I am), but sometimes I feel it's them who are not tolerant with those, like me, who are not Catholic. Maybe I feel that way because they act that way.

This Francis guy (not was good as Gerry, mind!) had an obscure past during the bloody dictatorship in Argentina in the 70s with allegations of handing a couple of priests that were creating their own movement to the military. Those priests were tortured and released six months later.

He is currently one of the strongest advocates against the same-sex marriage (not that I'm surprised, of course!).

Someone that I don't like (never have) and I don't care which country he hails from.

On the other hand...he's keen on football!

He supports San Lorenzo (same team Viggo Mortensen supports -he lived in Buenos Aires as a kid-).

Here's a story about this and you can see his club membership card.

And no...I don't like San Lorenzo either!

http://www.goal.com/es-ar/news/4493/curiosidades/2013/03/13/3822939/santo-cicl%C

A new Pope.Who cares? on 04:55 - Mar 14 with 2281 viewsCanadaRanger

He looks a bit thinner than the last Pope...
Is that a decrease in the Papal mass?

(coat)
A new Pope.Who cares? on 07:41 - Mar 14 with 2108 viewsCamberleyR

Now that Francis is Pope, I hope the cardinals tell him to shave his mullet off and stop saying "consistency".

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

A new Pope.Who cares? on 08:03 - Mar 14 with 2096 viewsmikeygunn

If there were no religions, there would be less wars and hatred towards others. Look through the history books and 93.4% of wars have a religous undertone. I may have made the percentage bit up......

I am currently having 'discussions' with the boss over my newborn being christened I am dead against it but I fear as I do not wear the trousers in my house I will lose this one!!
A new Pope.Who cares? on 09:59 - Mar 14 with 2058 viewsTheBlob

A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:52 - Mar 13 by A40Bosh

There you go again blob, "they".
I am talking about no differential being made between those involved in the grass root churches around the world and the work they do and the "institution" and a total lack of respect towards anyone who may have a belief.

Well it appears that the "belief" is "we believe you have some money and we'd like some of it" as in what "they" tried to do to my old dad years ago.And this on top of the mental and physical abuse "they" perpetrated on yours truly,his son.And of course "they" didn't believe you.And I'm not jumping on any kind of band wagon as has been delightfully described.It drove me subsequently to drink,drugs,and hedonistic pursuits like loud rocking roll type music,so I suppose I've got to thank "them" for that.
As an aside,I never thought I'd see the collection plate replaced by a chip and pin machine.God moves in mysterious ways,His wonders to perform the fleecing of His flock.

A new Pope.Who cares? on 10:22 - Mar 14 with 2043 viewsHantsR

He wants the Malvinas that were 'usurped' from them. Argentine soldiers fighting to claim 'what was theirs'

Francis must go!
A new Pope.Who cares? on 10:31 - Mar 14 with 2026 viewsA40Bosh

A new Pope.Who cares? on 09:59 - Mar 14 by TheBlob

Well it appears that the "belief" is "we believe you have some money and we'd like some of it" as in what "they" tried to do to my old dad years ago.And this on top of the mental and physical abuse "they" perpetrated on yours truly,his son.And of course "they" didn't believe you.And I'm not jumping on any kind of band wagon as has been delightfully described.It drove me subsequently to drink,drugs,and hedonistic pursuits like loud rocking roll type music,so I suppose I've got to thank "them" for that.
As an aside,I never thought I'd see the collection plate replaced by a chip and pin machine.God moves in mysterious ways,His wonders to perform the fleecing of His flock.

Blob, dont get me wrong, I wont contribute financially to the "church" any more and have not done for years. In fact our parish priest had the audacity to pass around standing order forms for the congregation to fill in there and then in the middle of Mass and I took the path of least resistance and simply put in false info and said our account was at Micky Mouse Bank so they would not try and process the mandate. Whether he has had the time and inclination to work out which family that night gave false details I dont know but if he does and wants to come and talk to me about it in private I have my answer ready for him about trying to strong arm his flock into coughing up by making everyone fill in the forms in front of one another.

That is not to say that he does not do a lot of good for the local community once you put aside his financial control pressures coming from the diocesan bean counters

A new Pope.Who cares? on 10:45 - Mar 14 with 2010 viewsTheBlob

A new Pope.Who cares? on 10:31 - Mar 14 by A40Bosh

Blob, dont get me wrong, I wont contribute financially to the "church" any more and have not done for years. In fact our parish priest had the audacity to pass around standing order forms for the congregation to fill in there and then in the middle of Mass and I took the path of least resistance and simply put in false info and said our account was at Micky Mouse Bank so they would not try and process the mandate. Whether he has had the time and inclination to work out which family that night gave false details I dont know but if he does and wants to come and talk to me about it in private I have my answer ready for him about trying to strong arm his flock into coughing up by making everyone fill in the forms in front of one another.

That is not to say that he does not do a lot of good for the local community once you put aside his financial control pressures coming from the diocesan bean counters

"They" never miss a trick.That was the whole point of the collection plate really,you couldn't dodge it without incurring wrathful looks.
I may be cynical,but I never had a visit from a clergyman that didn't involve an outstretched arm connected to to an upllifted palm.From Steptoe....
"Dad,the Vicar's outside.

I'll bet he's on the ear'ole again"."

{grin]

A new Pope.Who cares? on 11:33 - Mar 14 with 1977 viewspomanjou

A new Pope.Who cares? on 22:37 - Mar 13 by A40Bosh

Dave, save your breath mate, you are wasting your time on here with a lot of people who appear to feel that their own non belief in God or a Deity means that they also do not have to show any restraint nor respect to those who perhaps do have beliefs. The only time the Church gets a mention on here is when someone decides to jump on a story about a sexual abuse scandl by a priest and decides to paint all members both lay and clerical as kiddie fiddlers lead by an ex nazi.

No mention about all the good work that thousands within the church do in helping fight poverty around the world, who provide support to the bereaved and no intelligent thought to separate the institutional church fom the working church in many communities.

It's like saying all BBC presenters and northerners are dirty pedophiles cos of Mr Now Then Now Then.

Well I certainly dont belong to a faith but I do know a few folks who get a lot from religions and good luck to them. As I get older I too wish I had a faith.

The points you make are valid. In the era of the smart quickie poking fun at religions are an easy with the tradition of daft dresses and beliefs with some depth to them.

Whilst I dont have a faith/belief per se I do believe that many of the principals of some religions regarding goodwill to all men, honesty and loyalty are valid principles to stick by.

I think the Catholic Church is rapidly losing its power (in fact already lost most of it) but they undoubtedly still have influence amongst the world's leading movers and shakers.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

A new Pope.Who cares? on 11:39 - Mar 14 with 1964 viewsTacticalR

A new Pope.Who cares? on 08:03 - Mar 14 by mikeygunn

If there were no religions, there would be less wars and hatred towards others. Look through the history books and 93.4% of wars have a religous undertone. I may have made the percentage bit up......

I am currently having 'discussions' with the boss over my newborn being christened I am dead against it but I fear as I do not wear the trousers in my house I will lose this one!!

I have to say that I don't believe religion causes war. I say that as an atheist.

I think it's more that religion has been a justification for war. Throughout history most people have believed in religion. Given that context it's inevitable that warring groups would present their own interests in religious terms. Henry VIII started a new religion to grab church property and get rid of his wife.

Perhaps things haven't changed that much...people used to start wars in the name of invisible beings, now the West invades Iraq in the name of invisible weapons.

Air hostess clique

A new Pope.Who cares? on 11:41 - Mar 14 with 1957 viewsTheBlob

A new Pope.Who cares? on 11:33 - Mar 14 by pomanjou

Well I certainly dont belong to a faith but I do know a few folks who get a lot from religions and good luck to them. As I get older I too wish I had a faith.

The points you make are valid. In the era of the smart quickie poking fun at religions are an easy with the tradition of daft dresses and beliefs with some depth to them.

Whilst I dont have a faith/belief per se I do believe that many of the principals of some religions regarding goodwill to all men, honesty and loyalty are valid principles to stick by.

I think the Catholic Church is rapidly losing its power (in fact already lost most of it) but they undoubtedly still have influence amongst the world's leading movers and shakers.

Actually it's "Glory to God, and on earth peace toward men of good will" (Luke 2:14)
Not peace and goodwill to all men.
Which neatly side steps certain groups notably Scum supporters and cyclists.

A new Pope.Who cares? on 11:48 - Mar 14 with 1945 viewssimmo

#popebowen

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024