Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets 12:49 - Jun 10 with 4205 viewsSuffolk

The article below is taken from Sky Sports and is a pleasantly positive way to start the week!

Harry Redknapp is fully committed to the challenge of getting QPR back to the Premier League as soon as possible.

Speculation about Redknapp's future at Loftus Road has been rife since their relegation to the Championship, but he met with shareholder Ruben Emir Gnanalingam last week to thrash out a summer transfer plan.

"I know the kind of players we need and I'm working with Philip (Beard, chief executive) and the owners to get deals over the line," Redknapp told the club's official website.

"We're in constant dialogue. We're all on the same page and want to bring success to the club.

"I am committed to QPR. I want to do well for the club and I want to take it back where it belongs, in the Premier League.

"We're trying to bring the right types of lads into the squad - players who have the right mentality, ability and character to get us out of this division.

"I know the game and know what QPR need to get back into the Premier League. It will be a difficult task but a challenge I am excited about undertaking."

Gnanalingam added: "I met with Harry on Friday and we had a good positive meeting. We're all very clear in terms of what we are trying to achieve and the strategy is in place to ensure we do things the right way.

"Harry has earmarked players that he wants to add to the squad and we are actively pursuing a number of targets to give us the best possible chance next season."
Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 12:54 - Jun 10 with 4163 viewsLowerloftLad

22 days after the prem season finished and its confirmed he is staying lets hope we do everything' as fast as this announcement

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 12:56 - Jun 10 with 4150 viewssimmo

How many ways can people say the same things? Real quality journalism getting to the crux of a story.

Stop talking and start acting. Bored of seeing story after story from all different members of QPR basically saying the same thing but not actually having any evidence to back it up.

Until we start implementing this well versed plan, shut the f up.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 12:59 - Jun 10 with 4125 viewsTheBlob

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 12:56 - Jun 10 by simmo

How many ways can people say the same things? Real quality journalism getting to the crux of a story.

Stop talking and start acting. Bored of seeing story after story from all different members of QPR basically saying the same thing but not actually having any evidence to back it up.

Er,people are on holiday and having fun.You remember fun don't you?It was in all the papers....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 13:03 - Jun 10 with 4097 viewskingo

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 12:56 - Jun 10 by simmo

The article is obviously in answer to all the 'Harry is off and Big fallout with the board. If all these stories in papers and on this board had not broken then I doubt whether there would be a need for it. Hopefully we can now relax, enjoy the summer and let them get the squad we need.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 13:16 - Jun 10 with 4032 viewssix_foot_two

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 13:03 - Jun 10 by kingo

The article is obviously in answer to all the 'Harry is off and Big fallout with the board. If all these stories in papers and on this board had not broken then I doubt whether there would be a need for it. Hopefully we can now relax, enjoy the summer and let them get the squad we need.

If only , expect another thread full of anti-Redknapp hate and bile
Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 13:20 - Jun 10 with 4005 viewsSuffolk

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 13:16 - Jun 10 by six_foot_two

I hope that is behind us all now. I'm bored already and can't wait for the new season. Whilst Redknapp wears the QPR badge he has my total support.
Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 13:22 - Jun 10 with 3991 viewsTheBlob

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 13:16 - Jun 10 by six_foot_two

There are people on here would actually be mortified if Redknapp makes a success of things.Can never fully fathom football fans sometimes.(that's enough effs ed.)

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 14:07 - Jun 10 with 3866 viewspeejaybee

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 13:22 - Jun 10 by TheBlob

There are people on here would actually be mortified if Redknapp makes a success of things.Can never fully fathom football fans sometimes.(that's enough effs ed.)

FFs

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 14:16 - Jun 10 with 3814 viewsdaveB

hopefully this means they have agreed a budget and that Redknapp won't be moaning to the press at every opportunity and just get on with the job. If Redknapp is given a strict budget to work with and is not allowed to go over it then I think he'll do ok.
Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 14:23 - Jun 10 with 3783 viewsTHEBUSH

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 14:16 - Jun 10 by daveB

hopefully this means they have agreed a budget and that Redknapp won't be moaning to the press at every opportunity and just get on with the job. If Redknapp is given a strict budget to work with and is not allowed to go over it then I think he'll do ok.

Agreed have been a bit fed up with HR negative comments.
Hopefully he can now get some players in, who he thinks are good lads and please be a bit more positive, Harry
Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 14:26 - Jun 10 with 3772 viewsbob566

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 13:22 - Jun 10 by TheBlob

agree Blob. I'm convinced there are a few on here who would rather see it go t**s up just to say I told you so.
Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 14:28 - Jun 10 with 3765 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 14:16 - Jun 10 by daveB

Agreed. Maybe this positive piece from him means the negotiating has stopped and the work has started.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 14:36 - Jun 10 with 3739 viewsWesty75

Indeed, and i think the majority of Rangers fans will give him full support if he starts to talk a bit more optimistically about our chances for next season.

Speaking as a supporter of the man he was starting to make me question his appetite for the job ahead with all the negative comments. Time for everyone to start pulling together now.

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 16:26 - Jun 10 with 3573 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 14:26 - Jun 10 by bob566

agree Blob. I'm convinced there are a few on here who would rather see it go t**s up just to say I told you so.

I can't stand him as a human being. As a manager he's okay, fine, even decent. I hope he does well with us, but he hasn't so far. But yes, overall I'd rather he left.

Bare bones.

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 16:33 - Jun 10 with 3554 viewsQPRDave

Good news the QPR fan base should get behind the man.
Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 18:47 - Jun 10 with 3411 viewsRangersw12

What I don't get is Redknapp goes on about the right characters and people who want to play for the shirt yet we have got rid of a proven goalscorer who supports QPR it just doesn't make sense

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 19:12 - Jun 10 with 3365 viewsderbyhoop

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 18:47 - Jun 10 by Rangersw12

What I don't get is Redknapp goes on about the right characters and people who want to play for the shirt yet we have got rid of a proven goalscorer who supports QPR it just doesn't make sense

Makes sense to me.
We have to reduce the wage bill. Letting players go who are out of contract is the easy option.
Made even easier when the manager, and his predecessor, don't rate the player.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 19:40 - Jun 10 with 3307 viewsRangersw12

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 19:12 - Jun 10 by derbyhoop

Makes sense to me.
We have to reduce the wage bill. Letting players go who are out of contract is the easy option.
Made even easier when the manager, and his predecessor, don't rate the player.

I think you have to question Harry's judgement and I bet (if fit) DJ scores more goals than Zamora & Johnson combined next season

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 20:45 - Jun 10 with 3191 viewsFredManRave

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 12:59 - Jun 10 by TheBlob

Er,people are on holiday and having fun.You remember fun don't you?It was in all the papers....

Man, I used to have bags of fun. Now I just have man funbags.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 20:51 - Jun 10 with 3182 viewsderbyhoop

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 19:40 - Jun 10 by Rangersw12

I think you have to question Harry's judgement and I bet (if fit) DJ scores more goals than Zamora & Johnson combined next season

We've still got Zamora, AJ, Cisse, Bothroyd and Remy, which would make DJ sixth choice. He'd not get the chance to prove your theory right.
Also, 4 of the 5 plus DJ are all 30+. We need somebody younger and if that means losing a player who is out of contract, so be it.

I don't expect Remy or Cisse to be here at the end of August, which will move the goalposts somewhat. I'd hope that Harry is on the lookout for a striker where we can add some value over the next couple of years.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 21:25 - Jun 10 with 3125 viewsNorthernr

On the Campbell thing I think it really depends what salary we were paying him. On the face of it it makes no sense at all. If he'd just been released by somebody else, with his record at Ipswich last season, the fact he's a QPR fan etc we'd all be saying he'd be an ideal signing for us.

I see Derby's point about the pecking order but we'd be daft to rely on zamora and Johnson's fitness again next season and it's hard to see Cisse and Remy sticking around. Campbell and Bothroyd would have been a reasonable start to a Championship XI for us.
Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 21:50 - Jun 10 with 3072 viewsAgedR

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 12:59 - Jun 10 by TheBlob

Agreed Blob.

I for one am not missing the 7 page threads lamenting how rubbish we are.

Champions elect as far as I'm concerned!

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 08:55 - Jun 11 with 2878 viewsLowerloftLad

Harry Redknapp relishing QPR challenge and looking at summer transfer targets on 21:25 - Jun 10 by Northernr

On the Campbell thing I think it really depends what salary we were paying him. On the face of it it makes no sense at all. If he'd just been released by somebody else, with his record at Ipswich last season, the fact he's a QPR fan etc we'd all be saying he'd be an ideal signing for us.

I see Derby's point about the pecking order but we'd be daft to rely on zamora and Johnson's fitness again next season and it's hard to see Cisse and Remy sticking around. Campbell and Bothroyd would have been a reasonable start to a Championship XI for us.

Did DJ not leak the team sheet before one the games last season might have been down to a 100 per cent trust issue which could make sense as his recorded for scoring goals in the championship is very good

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024