Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour 13:59 - Jul 7 with 3906 viewsexiled_dictator

Can't find the Transfer Window Rumour Thread, but my man at Fulham reckons they are about to sign Adel Taarabt for £4 million.
Sounds low to me.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Rumour on 10:59 - Jul 8 with 856 viewsDaBurgh

Rumour on 10:02 - Jul 8 by QPRDave

I'm not havin that Gladys has come on leaps and bounds.Her broom control in tight corners is the best I've seen at LR since the mid 70s when we had what was the greatest cleaning team the club has ever.....EVER known with Sybil player a starring role and linking up well with Mavis, especially with the feather dusters

Mavis was a donkey, she never got a decent flick into the area with that duster, ok granted there was that special night back in '77 when she wiped the floor with that duster, but she did get a controversial 10 match ban for overuse of Mr. Sheen, still spoken about amongst the charladies down the mecca.
Rumour on 11:54 - Jul 8 with 779 viewsderbyhoop

Rumour on 22:55 - Jul 7 by hamptonhillhoop

Is that the ego that pretty much single handedly got us promoted two years ago? 19 goals and 20 assists. Any one who wants that man to leave this football club knows nothing about football, I'm sorry, I know it's a game of opinions but thats just wrong. Build a team around him again in the championship and he'll walk it

Maybe one of the reasons why the squad was so obviously split last year was that the new players weren't prepared to tolerate Adel's moods, in the same way the Championship winning side did.
By indulging Adel, did Warnock make a rod for his own back?

And that's allowing for the fact that Adel's goals and assists turned a reasonable Championship standard team into title winners.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rumour on 12:31 - Jul 8 with 739 viewsRblockPrior

As much as I would hate to see this I think its a big possibility as Jol does like adel, as for £4million is low but I can see us selling him for 6million. I would be gutted to see him go

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Rumour on 13:28 - Jul 8 with 674 viewssimmo

Beckford to Bolton for nothing due to a contract issue apparently. Decent signing, especially for free!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rumour on 13:36 - Jul 8 with 659 viewsbarbicanranger

I thought we bought Adel for £600k to £1m?? If we sell him for £4m he could be one of the few players we sell this summer for a decent margin. If 25% goes to spuds, that's £1m, so we make £3m less the £1m we spent on him = £2m profit (and that's transfer fees alone). With my blue and white hooped tinted glasses on of course I think he's worth more than £4m but ultimately there's a reason why he's still with us and there's a reason there isn't a whole host of clubs clamouring for him, we know all too well his limitations and that's probably why at Premier League level he isn't worth much more than £4m.
Rumour on 13:56 - Jul 8 with 632 viewsbaz_qpr

he's worth more than £4m to us, from what I've heard our asking price is £14m
Rumour on 13:57 - Jul 8 with 626 viewsJeff

Rumour on 13:36 - Jul 8 by barbicanranger

I thought we bought Adel for £600k to £1m?? If we sell him for £4m he could be one of the few players we sell this summer for a decent margin. If 25% goes to spuds, that's £1m, so we make £3m less the £1m we spent on him = £2m profit (and that's transfer fees alone). With my blue and white hooped tinted glasses on of course I think he's worth more than £4m but ultimately there's a reason why he's still with us and there's a reason there isn't a whole host of clubs clamouring for him, we know all too well his limitations and that's probably why at Premier League level he isn't worth much more than £4m.

it's rumoured that as much as 40% goes to Spurs, which is one of the reasons why we got him so cheaply in the first place...

Can we not knock it?

Rumour on 14:56 - Jul 8 with 548 viewsMedwayR

I think the deal was £600k up front, another £400k when we got promoted & a 40% sell-on clause.

I'd take £7m & a 20% sell-on clause for him, I think getting a sell-on clause is vital for us to get good value for any deal we do.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Rumour on 15:03 - Jul 8 with 532 viewsToast_R

No dount QPR will end up making a clanger on any potential Taarabt deal.

Fulham are probably one of the only teams I could realistically see him going to. Can't help but think there's a touch of the Sinclairs about all this. Which pair of cloggers will they send our wat to sweeten the pot, Baird propbably and that Sidwell numpty I can imagine.
Rumour on 15:13 - Jul 8 with 509 viewsMedwayR

Rumour on 15:03 - Jul 8 by Toast_R

No dount QPR will end up making a clanger on any potential Taarabt deal.

Fulham are probably one of the only teams I could realistically see him going to. Can't help but think there's a touch of the Sinclairs about all this. Which pair of cloggers will they send our wat to sweeten the pot, Baird propbably and that Sidwell numpty I can imagine.

Think Baird has already left Fulham, having said that we'll probably get Ian Selley & Robbie Herrera

Poll: Who’s better?

Rumour on 16:03 - Jul 8 with 451 viewsJonDoeman

Rumour on 13:57 - Jul 8 by Jeff

it's rumoured that as much as 40% goes to Spurs, which is one of the reasons why we got him so cheaply in the first place...

And was the reason he wasn't sold straight away after we were promoted.
Bernie didn't want Spurs getting paid. Which is a shame cos he was going for a proper price then.
Reading Warnock's book, it's understandable Harry wanting to get shot of him, but letting a proven match winner (in that division) on a long contract, go for a pittance, doesn't make sense.

It Is What It Is !!

Rumour on 16:14 - Jul 8 with 437 viewsQPRDave

Rumour on 10:59 - Jul 8 by DaBurgh

Mavis was a donkey, she never got a decent flick into the area with that duster, ok granted there was that special night back in '77 when she wiped the floor with that duster, but she did get a controversial 10 match ban for overuse of Mr. Sheen, still spoken about amongst the charladies down the mecca.

It seems the thread is going on around us!!!
Regarding the Mr Sheen incident, Mavis swears (and I believe her) that she didn't know it was on the banned substance list.
It should've been pledge we all know that now, but it's easy being wise after the event. That really did take the shine off her great career.
I mean remember that cup run??.....she did the whole of the trophy cabinet ....cups n all in less than 2 hours ...what a prformance
You don't get many like her these days ..with loyal service enough to earn her a testimonial bucket!!!!
Rumour on 16:39 - Jul 8 with 397 viewsQPRDEL

I heard she was cought in the broom cupboard with mr muscle.
She denied trying to have it away
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rumour on 19:14 - Jul 8 with 331 viewsAunt_Nelly

£4 million and a bus pass?
Rumour on 19:19 - Jul 8 with 323 viewsMrSheen

Rumour on 10:59 - Jul 8 by DaBurgh

Don't remind me, I'm still getting over it. Still, they can't take your memories, can they?
Rumour on 22:23 - Jul 8 with 230 viewsCiderwithRsie

I hope this isn't true, but have a dollop of reality lads
- moving to Fulham isn't "sideways", they are in the division above and a sight more likely to be there in 2014 than we are
- moving to a neighbouring club means his personal life would be unaffected
- not too many other Premier clubs are going to want him because, wrongly IMO, he's perceived as unreliable, lazy etc.
- £4m is indeed more than we paid for him. It might easily be FFC's opening bid even if we hold out for more.
- if he wants out - and he'd hardly be the first footballer who wanted to stay in the premiership rather than the hard grind of the championship - then he's instantly worth less to us. That's a big if - he might be raring to go, fired up with love for the club that made him a star, but it's not exactly impossible, is it.
Rumour on 00:01 - Jul 9 with 181 viewsichbinnaughty

Rumour on 16:03 - Jul 8 by JonDoeman

And was the reason he wasn't sold straight away after we were promoted.
Bernie didn't want Spurs getting paid. Which is a shame cos he was going for a proper price then.
Reading Warnock's book, it's understandable Harry wanting to get shot of him, but letting a proven match winner (in that division) on a long contract, go for a pittance, doesn't make sense.

"...doesn't make sense.."

In a world where self centred fckwts like Barton (ill discipline & head-up-arse), Tevez (refusing to warm up in champs league then going AWOL for 5 months), exert player power; a world where Jay Spearing made premier league appearance for Liverpool; and a world where Andy Carroll cost £35m, Jordan Henderson cost £19m and Chris Samba went for £12m TWICE...........you're right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024