Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another lycra clad prick 14:43 - Oct 12 with 33203 viewsloftboy

Nearly totalled me and my 8 year old on oxford street today, we were crossing at lights and the man was green, i wasnt very happy especially after one broke my daughters foot last year, yet after informing the prick of his bad judgement he abuses me!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

another lycra clad prick on 21:16 - Oct 12 with 2515 viewsHollowayRanger

another lycra clad prick on 20:54 - Oct 12 by FFE

Holloway,

Apart from a massive stash of condoms, what else is in your man bag?

comdons !!!!!!! that would defeat everthing now wouldnt it got a spare pot in there! apart from that a hat and lunch bit of money and keys

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

another lycra clad prick on 00:12 - Oct 13 with 2437 viewsAunt_Nelly

another lycra clad prick on 10:37 - Oct 13 with 2355 viewstimcocking

another lycra clad prick on 18:41 - Oct 12 by Lofthope

Unlike shameless fat blokes in football shirts swilling pints and scoffing pies in the pub before a game. Of course, if they were playing in a game I could understand wearing the shirt, but they only watch....absolutely shameless.

Seriously, as a lycra wearing bike fanatic, no proper roadie should be time trialling down Oxford Street. These urban cyclists can be a disgrace. Many are sanctimonious self righteous liberals who believe they are above the law down to their lack of carbon footprint.

Many Central London cyclists are on fixies (fixed wheel). They, generally, don't have brakes because, like track bikes, you use the pedals to slow a fixed wheel rather than brakes. I think that this is fundamentally wrong in places like Oxford Street.

Unlike many of these urban liberal do-gooders, I am both a driver and cyclist and can see both sides of this. I am often close to getting hit by ignorant drivers, but I don't blame all beer gutted drivers of white vans or ostentatious 4x4 show offs as if one being bad makes them all bad.

Actually just had an argument with the Mrs after she cut up a cyclist this afternoon and wouldn't accept that she was in the wrong. Almost the opposite of the Lib Dem view, her's was, he's a cyclist so he thinks he owns the road....err have you asked him? Meanwhile, the Lib Dem policy is equally stupidly one dimensional and I've made this point on cycling websites.

Yes, but the fat blokes in the pub don't usually have their tackle on full display
another lycra clad prick on 11:27 - Oct 13 with 2327 viewsRickyDicky

another lycra clad prick on 20:34 - Oct 12 by HollowayRanger

dont belong on footpaths either

Seen blue signs of pavements now with a picture of an adult and child holding hands and a bike suggesting that a pavement is now for both. What gets me though is the bike is above the adult and child suggesting that the bike has priority.

Recently saw a biker ringing their bell behind a woman with a double buggy on a narrow path. What a Bell*nd ! Fortunately there was a load of traffic at a standstill and some hairy *rsed lorry driver gave the biker a mouthfull while gently holding him by the throat.

Whether he was on a bike or not he would still be an idiot !!

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

another lycra clad prick on 12:12 - Oct 13 with 2301 viewsJuzzie

another lycra clad prick on 19:08 - Oct 12 by dolcelatte

Agree with most of this but Europe does adopt this policy and guess what by and large it is a pleasure to cycle over there and we don't get all the nastiness that exists between cyclists and drivers over here.

I have had countless rows with fellow "cyclists" over them jumping red lights etc and giving us a bad name but for every crap cyclist there are twice as many crap drivers on phones, munching food, smoking fags and not in control of a very powerful weapon. hence why the rest of Europe has adopted the car is culpable rule and they respect and look out for cyclists a lot more..

Yes, there are a lot of crap drivers but when it comes to cyclists, it's the vast majority that do this. I doubt there's this many vehicle drivers proportionally who jump red lights, go on the pavement, go the wrong way down one-way streets, go through no entry signs etc etc.

This is the point, sadly it's the large majority of cyclists who are bad. Then you get, as said earlier, the ones who get all righteous because they think they are all eco. A) that's no excuse to break the law and B) well, making the bicycles in the first place isn't eco-friendly as there's steel, magnesium, rubber etc ... all taken from earth's resources. However much we try, humans are always taking from the earth so no-one is exempt.
another lycra clad prick on 12:49 - Oct 13 with 2273 viewstheselector

Jeez there's a lot of Clarkson fans on this debate.

The only facts worth knowing are these:
There are idiot cyclists.
There are idiot drivers.

And I drive and ride a bike. However, seeing as there seems to be a lot of bias on this post let me add my two pennorth. When I used to cycle into central London for work I used to experience at least one dangerous incident a day where stupid drivers either ignored me, or just expected me to let them pass when I had right of way.

I've never had a cyclist go into my car whilst driving and in fact, have never had to take evasive action because of them (admittedly I no longer live in London so this may something to do with it). But when I was yards from my former house in Isleworth some idiot pulled in front of me on a roundabout, when there was no other traffic and I had right of way. Result: bike totalled and some serious bruises for me.

So to sum up, anyone who says that the majority of cyclists are idiots should come up with some statistical evidence to back it up.
another lycra clad prick on 13:06 - Oct 13 with 2265 viewsdolcelatte

another lycra clad prick on 12:12 - Oct 13 by Juzzie

Yes, there are a lot of crap drivers but when it comes to cyclists, it's the vast majority that do this. I doubt there's this many vehicle drivers proportionally who jump red lights, go on the pavement, go the wrong way down one-way streets, go through no entry signs etc etc.

This is the point, sadly it's the large majority of cyclists who are bad. Then you get, as said earlier, the ones who get all righteous because they think they are all eco. A) that's no excuse to break the law and B) well, making the bicycles in the first place isn't eco-friendly as there's steel, magnesium, rubber etc ... all taken from earth's resources. However much we try, humans are always taking from the earth so no-one is exempt.

It's not the vast majority - it's a small minority - you just notice them more because they are doing something which is blatantly wrong. The vast majority of us just go out about our business and you don't notice us - I mean when was the last time you were driving and said ooo look at that cyclist riding within the law?

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

another lycra clad prick on 13:10 - Oct 13 with 2252 viewsHollowayRanger

i dont drive or ride a bike ,can do both but havent for some 20 years id guess

never had a problem with a car as i know my place and they know theirs

had many a problem with bikes on pavements and on crossings

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

another lycra clad prick on 13:20 - Oct 13 with 2246 viewsJuzzie

another lycra clad prick on 13:06 - Oct 13 by dolcelatte

It's not the vast majority - it's a small minority - you just notice them more because they are doing something which is blatantly wrong. The vast majority of us just go out about our business and you don't notice us - I mean when was the last time you were driving and said ooo look at that cyclist riding within the law?

I ride a motorbike in London twice a day to work and back and it's the vast majority of cyclists that run red lights and I do take a note of how many do and how many don't.

Riding down the A316 yesterday evening (now dark) and came across a few cyclists with no lights, no reflective gear and wearing dark clothing.
another lycra clad prick on 13:24 - Oct 13 with 2244 viewssexton

another lycra clad prick on 13:06 - Oct 13 by dolcelatte

This.

And a small minority of drivers are halfwits because they talk on their mobile phones, or accelerate towards me down a narrow side street, or pull out of a parking place without looking.

And of course cycling is more eco. How much diesel or petrol does a bike use?

And before anybody starts, there's no such thing as road tax.

Incidentally, pro-cycling transport journalist and Hoops fan Christian Wolmar is campaigning to stand as Labour's mayoral candidate as the next election.
another lycra clad prick on 13:35 - Oct 13 with 2236 viewsQPRDave

another lycra clad prick on 13:24 - Oct 13 by sexton

This.

And a small minority of drivers are halfwits because they talk on their mobile phones, or accelerate towards me down a narrow side street, or pull out of a parking place without looking.

And of course cycling is more eco. How much diesel or petrol does a bike use?

And before anybody starts, there's no such thing as road tax.

Incidentally, pro-cycling transport journalist and Hoops fan Christian Wolmar is campaigning to stand as Labour's mayoral candidate as the next election.

who cares whether cycling is eco friendly? just obey the rules of the road if you wanna take a bike on it....simple really
another lycra clad prick on 13:39 - Oct 13 with 2234 viewsJuzzie

another lycra clad prick on 13:35 - Oct 13 by QPRDave

who cares whether cycling is eco friendly? just obey the rules of the road if you wanna take a bike on it....simple really

This

And the other 'this' is not a 'this' because cyclists don't obey the Highway Code because they know that unless they're very unlucky to get caught, they can get away with it, nowt to do with being eco, that's just an excuse to be righteous.

Obey the Highway Code and there'll be no discussion necessary.

edit: And just to show I'm not biased, I had a go at a young woman in a Mini yesterday 'cos she was looking at her phone whilst at a junction and didn't notice it was clear to go, she just stayed there transfixed to her screen.

[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 13:49]
another lycra clad prick on 13:43 - Oct 13 with 2231 viewssexton

another lycra clad prick on 13:35 - Oct 13 by QPRDave

Yeah who gives a sh!t about the environment.
another lycra clad prick on 13:50 - Oct 13 with 2227 viewsJuzzie

another lycra clad prick on 13:43 - Oct 13 by sexton

It's got nothing to do with that though, it's about observing the Highway Code. Using "the enviroment" as en excuse is wrong.
another lycra clad prick on 13:52 - Oct 13 with 2227 viewsAunt_Nelly

another lycra clad prick on 12:49 - Oct 13 by theselector

Jeez there's a lot of Clarkson fans on this debate.

The only facts worth knowing are these:
There are idiot drivers.

And I drive and ride a bike. However, seeing as there seems to be a lot of bias on this post let me add my two pennorth. When I used to cycle into central London for work I used to experience at least one dangerous incident a day where stupid drivers either ignored me, or just expected me to let them pass when I had right of way.

I've never had a cyclist go into my car whilst driving and in fact, have never had to take evasive action because of them (admittedly I no longer live in London so this may something to do with it). But when I was yards from my former house in Isleworth some idiot pulled in front of me on a roundabout, when there was no other traffic and I had right of way. Result: bike totalled and some serious bruises for me.

So to sum up, anyone who says that the majority of cyclists are idiots should come up with some statistical evidence to back it up.

"The only facts worth knowing are these:
There are idiot drivers. "
---------------

Plus there are idiot pedestrians. Loads seem to think they are fcking industructable especially in the rain. Also the stupid mums who push their prams into the road on traffic islands whilst busy on their mobiles/latte's/etc.
Then we have the OP who it would seem makes a habbit of crossing one of London's busiest roads without checking for oncoming traffic even though his kid was run over exactly the same way not too long ago.
another lycra clad prick on 13:59 - Oct 13 with 2116 viewsloftboy

another lycra clad prick on 13:52 - Oct 13 by Aunt_Nelly

"The only facts worth knowing are these:
There are idiot drivers. "
---------------

Plus there are idiot pedestrians. Loads seem to think they are fcking industructable especially in the rain. Also the stupid mums who push their prams into the road on traffic islands whilst busy on their mobiles/latte's/etc.
Then we have the OP who it would seem makes a habbit of crossing one of London's busiest roads without checking for oncoming traffic even though his kid was run over exactly the same way not too long ago.

Excuse me, my daughter was run over on the uxbrixdge rd after the swansea game by a prick riding up the inside of a bus stopped at lights letting the pedestrians cross, yesterday the lights went red i waited for the green man then crossed with caution, if i hadn't of been cautious then myself or my son could of been hurt, at the end of the day the cyclist should have stopped no argument or excuses.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

another lycra clad prick on 14:12 - Oct 13 with 2103 viewsQPRDave

another lycra clad prick on 13:43 - Oct 13 by sexton

the environment will look after itself. B*ggered if i'm riding around in a horse and cart just to make some scruffy tree hugger can feel better
another lycra clad prick on 14:21 - Oct 13 with 2093 viewsNathanNI

Hard to believe the amount of generalisation being bandied about here.

"because cyclists don't obey the Highway Code because they know that unless they're very unlucky to get caught"

I cycle to work most days (not in Lycra might I add) and it riles me when I see folks plough through red lights on bikes. You have to respect the laws of the road and if all cyclists did it would be a better for everyone involved.

That said. I have folks pulling out in front of me on a weekly basis and ignoring me on roundabouts. Specifically by Turnham Green where they seem to be thick as f*ck.
another lycra clad prick on 16:33 - Oct 13 with 2057 viewsQPRDave

Turnham Green ???....sounds like swampy's battle cry!
another lycra clad prick on 17:46 - Oct 13 with 2004 viewsPunteR

I hate cyclists. Makes driving in London a game of rulet. I drive a medium size commercial vehicle into London because i cant carry my workshop full of tools on the back of a bicycle, bike or mule!
My opinion is, its got nothing to do with them saving the enviroment but saving themselves money- petrol, parking,congestion charge etc. They are pests on the road.
Here is a tip to any of them here, You see a big white 2 ton transit van, stay out of its way , we cant see out the back, we do look out of our wing mirrors in between looking at whats in front of us, usually the back of a stationed car also sitting in traffic. while pricks dressed in lycra weave in and out like busy little bees,sometimes abusing the enviroment killing car driver and jumping lights.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

another lycra clad prick on 18:02 - Oct 13 with 1986 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

another lycra clad prick on 17:46 - Oct 13 by PunteR

I hate cyclists. Makes driving in London a game of rulet. I drive a medium size commercial vehicle into London because i cant carry my workshop full of tools on the back of a bicycle, bike or mule!
My opinion is, its got nothing to do with them saving the enviroment but saving themselves money- petrol, parking,congestion charge etc. They are pests on the road.
Here is a tip to any of them here, You see a big white 2 ton transit van, stay out of its way , we cant see out the back, we do look out of our wing mirrors in between looking at whats in front of us, usually the back of a stationed car also sitting in traffic. while pricks dressed in lycra weave in and out like busy little bees,sometimes abusing the enviroment killing car driver and jumping lights.

I get free travel on tubes and buses but choose to cycle into London so I guess your opinion doesn't really hold up.

As others of said, there are good and bad drivers and cyclists. Hardly a day passes where I'm not involved in a near miss caused by others yet at the same time I also see cyclists doing very dangerous manoeuvres.

Most cyclists I know also drive cars so if they all chose to do that the traffic you may be stuck in would be even longer.
another lycra clad prick on 18:23 - Oct 13 with 1971 viewsPunteR

another lycra clad prick on 18:02 - Oct 13 by Sudbury_Hill_R

I get free travel on tubes and buses but choose to cycle into London so I guess your opinion doesn't really hold up.

As others of said, there are good and bad drivers and cyclists. Hardly a day passes where I'm not involved in a near miss caused by others yet at the same time I also see cyclists doing very dangerous manoeuvres.

Most cyclists I know also drive cars so if they all chose to do that the traffic you may be stuck in would be even longer.

So now your doing me a favour!. ?
If i could get a free pass and be able to bring my tools with me ,i would be getting the train,dont worry bout that.
Driving in London is a mare with or without cyclists, cyclists make it worse for me as i dont wake up wanting to kill another human being under the wheels of my van but the way they go about on the roads it just might happen ... intentionally or not!

another lycra clad prick on 20:04 - Oct 13 with 1922 viewsAunt_Nelly

another lycra clad prick on 17:46 - Oct 13 by PunteR

White van driver.

Figures.
another lycra clad prick on 21:09 - Oct 13 with 1887 viewsPunteR

another lycra clad prick on 20:04 - Oct 13 by Aunt_Nelly

White van driver.

Figures.

I'm going to be honest here, but sometimes ive been known to drive the family car, a Citroen picasso in and around London, and my experiences and opinions about cyclists on the roads are guess what?..exactly the same!
to lycra clad cyclists.

another lycra clad prick on 08:58 - Oct 14 with 1834 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Don't worry all the summer feckwits are starting to get off the roads so everyones' journey is a bit safer.

(is there an apostrophe in everyones? Looks wrong)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024