Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another lycra clad prick 14:43 - Oct 12 with 33252 viewsloftboy

Nearly totalled me and my 8 year old on oxford street today, we were crossing at lights and the man was green, i wasnt very happy especially after one broke my daughters foot last year, yet after informing the prick of his bad judgement he abuses me!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

another lycra clad prick on 22:12 - Oct 17 with 2980 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 21:00 - Oct 17 by dolcelatte

Wrong - fat, fag smoking blokes applying make up listening to an mp3 player through headphones whilst on the phone driving an 4 x 4 are pricks.

It wasn't make up it was lip balm actually

Poll: which is your favouite foot

another lycra clad prick on 09:06 - Oct 18 with 2922 viewssexton

The PM's on side http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/10385575/David-Cameron-Mo
another lycra clad prick on 09:39 - Oct 18 with 2912 viewsPommyhoop

Seven pages ??
Lets end this now. Lycra NO !!

Orr maybe .Hold on a minute..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

another lycra clad prick on 11:00 - Oct 18 with 2884 viewsdolcelatte

Lycra clad cyclist or fat overweight middle aged bloke in replica football shirt?

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

another lycra clad prick on 12:31 - Oct 18 with 2865 viewswillis1980

another lycra clad prick on 21:00 - Oct 17 by dolcelatte

Wrong - fat, fag smoking blokes applying make up listening to an mp3 player through headphones whilst on the phone driving an 4 x 4 are pricks.

this
another lycra clad prick on 15:09 - Oct 18 with 2836 viewsQPRDave

another lycra clad prick on 11:00 - Oct 18 by dolcelatte

Lycra clad cyclist or fat overweight middle aged bloke in replica football shirt?

Football shirt everytime.....ya fat-ist
another lycra clad prick on 11:44 - Nov 13 with 2762 viewsJonDoeman

Four dead in 8 days... take care , its fcking dangerous out there...!!!

A woman cyclist was killed this morning at Bow roundabout - the
third to die at London’s most deadly location in two years.

The woman, who has not been identified, collided with a lorry at about 8.45am, becoming the fourth cyclist in eight days to be killed riding in London

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/cyclist-killed-in-collision-with-lorry-at-
[Post edited 13 Nov 2013 12:58]

It Is What It Is !!

another lycra clad prick (n/t) on 11:46 - Nov 13 with 2749 viewsJonDoeman

[Post edited 13 Nov 2013 11:49]

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

another lycra clad prick on 14:26 - Nov 13 with 2670 viewsdolcelatte

another lycra clad prick on 11:44 - Nov 13 by JonDoeman

The woman, who has not been identified, collided with a lorry at about 8.45am, becoming the fourth cyclist in eight days to be killed riding in London

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/cyclist-killed-in-collision-with-lorry-at-

Bow friggin roundabout again. That is the most dangerous place to cycle in the UK. I use the flyover rather than the roundabout but even then you dice with death when you come down the other side and have to get over to the left whilst cars are accelerating up the slip road. had several near misses there. Thoughts with the families of all those affected.

another lycra clad prick on 14:35 - Nov 13 with 2656 viewsMetallica_Hoop

another lycra clad prick on 14:26 - Nov 13 by dolcelatte

Bow friggin roundabout again. That is the most dangerous place to cycle in the UK. I use the flyover rather than the roundabout but even then you dice with death when you come down the other side and have to get over to the left whilst cars are accelerating up the slip road. had several near misses there. Thoughts with the families of all those affected.

Lancaster Gate Hotel is pretty hairy too.

They need to move that bus stop. People go in the lane to turn right (towards Oxford Street) when they are going left (towards Paddington) if a bus is stationary blocking the left one.

Bloody nightmare have to rotate my head almost 360 (not in the same glance)

Extra million people in this city since the late 90's doesn't help.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

another lycra clad prick on 17:39 - Nov 13 with 2599 viewshoopdog

Not wishing to seem uncaring but I can't for the life of me understand why so few bike riders are killed , this morning at 5.45 I saw 3 ride straight tho a red light at Hammersmith broadway from Glenthorne rd the 1st 2 rode straight thro with just a glance the 3rd did slow down a bit , and this out of touch idiot Cammeron is a fan of this ! and the fat fool on a bike boris encourages it while the rest of us road user have get used to Bike rider truly unbelievable
another lycra clad prick on 17:52 - Nov 13 with 2588 viewsJuzzie

I feel genuinely sorry for these people and their family/friends but I wonder who in their right mind would cycle on roads that are almost motorways? Surely there must be an alternative even if it means pushing the bike across? An extra five mins is better than a cold morgue slab, surely? Even the Westway has 'no cycling' signs yet I still see cyclists go on there.

Even if it was legal I wouldn't cycle on Westway if you paid me. A few years ago I had a courtesy motorbike while my bike was being serviced and it ran out of petrol on Westway. I waited for about 30 mins while my mate came out to me with some petrol and it was scary being up there with cars, vans, lorries all whizzing past at 50/60/70 mph.

I still see reckelss cycling on a daily basis and I won't bother recounting them here as I've said my piece on many previous pages!

[Post edited 13 Nov 2013 18:09]
another lycra clad prick on 19:43 - Nov 13 with 2551 viewsHollowayRanger

like i said before i can ride a bike but i would never ride in London

even if you are very safe and careful chances are you will have an accident one day

still totally hate them on the footpaths mind ,had 3 pass me today one almost hitting me as i was moving accross to miss a puddle,swear to god if one hits me and i am able to stand afterwards i will muller them

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

another lycra clad prick on 03:02 - Nov 14 with 2491 viewsRangersAreBack

Kicked one off his bike when he tried to ride through a me and several other pedestrians (including OAPs) crossing when the lights were red.

Can't understand why so many take chances by running red lights. Irrespective of your point of view a motorist is almost always going to fare better in a collision with a cyclist.
another lycra clad prick on 08:34 - Nov 14 with 2444 viewsdoogi55

jeez anothe 1 killed last night it is getting ridiculas .

i stopped riding a bike in london years ago you take your life in your hands
every time you go out on a bike
another lycra clad prick on 09:24 - Nov 14 with 2414 viewshoopdog

another lycra clad prick on 08:34 - Nov 14 by doogi55

jeez anothe 1 killed last night it is getting ridiculas .

i stopped riding a bike in london years ago you take your life in your hands
every time you go out on a bike

Well it's not going to stop untill the fat fool and an call me dave get thro to the cycalists that they have to the responcebility for their own safty by abiding to rules and use common sense , that way these fatality's will drop .
Maybe bikes should have a regestration plate and pay insurance so action can be taken when they act in a complacent mannor and flout road laws just as motorists have to
another lycra clad prick on 09:27 - Nov 14 with 2407 views18StoneOfHoop

another lycra clad prick on 09:24 - Nov 14 by hoopdog

Well it's not going to stop untill the fat fool and an call me dave get thro to the cycalists that they have to the responcebility for their own safty by abiding to rules and use common sense , that way these fatality's will drop .
Maybe bikes should have a regestration plate and pay insurance so action can be taken when they act in a complacent mannor and flout road laws just as motorists have to

Careless spittily spelled drivel - why bother?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

another lycra clad prick on 09:29 - Nov 14 with 2405 viewsdolcelatte

Now I've seen some idiotic posts in my time but that one is right up there.

the one thing in common with all these deaths in the past 9 days is it has involved either HGV's & buses. There is new equipment out there which can be fitted to them which makes cyclists & motorcyclists much more visible and it should be mandatory for all vehicles over a certain side to have this technology.

There are just as many idiotic motorists flouting the law using mobiles etc etc etc and the big difference is they are driving a lump of metal that can kill..

another lycra clad prick on 10:08 - Nov 14 with 2370 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 09:29 - Nov 14 by dolcelatte

the one thing in common with all these deaths in the past 9 days is it has involved either HGV's & buses. There is new equipment out there which can be fitted to them which makes cyclists & motorcyclists much more visible and it should be mandatory for all vehicles over a certain side to have this technology.

There are just as many idiotic motorists flouting the law using mobiles etc etc etc and the big difference is they are driving a lump of metal that can kill..

trouble is a lot of cyclists think it wont happen to them hence why they take the risks some take
going down the inside of HGVS ,Buses etc then the HGV turns left bike ends up under the wheels

missus is a nurse and had one guy pi$$ed decided to cycle home one night run the light onto the main road and ended up in hot tar being layed on the road as the road roller approached ended up with 50% burns broken this and that was in hospital for months who paid the bill not him as he never paid a penny in is nat ins didnt own a car had been claiming benifit for years

another lycra clad prick on 10:09 - Nov 14 with 2370 viewsKonk

I cycle seven miles to work and I’m happy to report that in my experience, motorists tend to be pretty considerate. I try not to do anything stupid or take unnecessary risks, and I always make sure I’m visible, so that might have something to do with it too. However, I do ca ck myself whenever I’m anywhere near a skip lorry (for instance) as they seem to be driven at about 80mph by blokes who don’t seem too focused on their surroundings. And a lot of these vehicles aren’t suitable to share the streets with cyclists due to visibility issues, which could actually be overcome with investment on the haulage companies’ part. I’m aware that I’m very vulnerable on my bike, so do what I can to keep myself safe; when I see people cycling without lights, with headphones on and fannying around on their phones, I’m shocked that not everyone has the same attachment to life. Ditto when I see people bombing through red lights almost irrespective of what else is going on ahead of them.

There are stretches of road that I would never go anywhere near, so I stick a few minutes on my journey by taking a bit of a detour to avoid those, but with the benefit that I have a more relaxing ride, and possibly a safer one too. I think councils providing free or almost free cycling training is a great idea to ensure that cyclists are better skilled to get safely from A to B, and as someone who cycles in the Netherlands a few times a year, I’m encouraged by the improvements that are (very, very, very) slowly being introduced in parts of London in the form of segregated cycling infrastructure. As for registration and insurance — I’d like to see the same thing with a lot of the motorists who live round my way. The more people that cycle, the more we save on the NHS, the less pollution we all breathe in, and the more pleasant places our cities become due to the reduction of cars, increased space on public transport etc. I struggle to believe that anyone could visit any Dutch city or Copenhagen and not want something similar at home. It’s just so much more civilised and healthy.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

another lycra clad prick on 10:22 - Nov 14 with 2356 viewsKonk

another lycra clad prick on 10:08 - Nov 14 by wombat

trouble is a lot of cyclists think it wont happen to them hence why they take the risks some take
going down the inside of HGVS ,Buses etc then the HGV turns left bike ends up under the wheels

missus is a nurse and had one guy pi$$ed decided to cycle home one night run the light onto the main road and ended up in hot tar being layed on the road as the road roller approached ended up with 50% burns broken this and that was in hospital for months who paid the bill not him as he never paid a penny in is nat ins didnt own a car had been claiming benifit for years

Bloke is obviously an idiot, but if you’re going to get angry about irresponsible people being a drain on the public purse, you might as well get angry about fat idiots with sh it diets, chain-smokers etc, who drive everywhere, walk no more than 100 metres a day and spend the last thirty years of their lives being treated for diabetes, heart disease etc. Ask the NHS which is the bigger burden — people who don’t exercise enough and refuse to take responsibility for their health or people who occasionally ride into hot tar/holes/parked cars?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

another lycra clad prick on 10:29 - Nov 14 with 2346 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 10:22 - Nov 14 by Konk

Bloke is obviously an idiot, but if you’re going to get angry about irresponsible people being a drain on the public purse, you might as well get angry about fat idiots with sh it diets, chain-smokers etc, who drive everywhere, walk no more than 100 metres a day and spend the last thirty years of their lives being treated for diabetes, heart disease etc. Ask the NHS which is the bigger burden — people who don’t exercise enough and refuse to take responsibility for their health or people who occasionally ride into hot tar/holes/parked cars?

konk have we met ? on a serious note thats a uk problem to many lazy feckers out there who are happy to sit on there fat backsides doing nothing while draining the NHS of numerous millions to care for them

but thats not the subject is it its cyclists being killed on the uk roads

and if you want to add to the subject about drains on the nhs its the amount of people on the NHS holiday trips who fly in get treated then feck off back to where ever they come from without paying that costs around 20million a year but thats for a diff day to discuss

another lycra clad prick on 10:34 - Nov 14 with 2338 viewshoopdog

another lycra clad prick on 09:29 - Nov 14 by dolcelatte

Good god you talk of idiotic posts!!
of course it goes without saying there are idiotic motorists out there another reason why cyclists need act with care what you don't seem to grasp is the point that motorists are traceable via their reg plate cyclist are untraceable for their actions
yes you are right about buses and hgv's isn't that a good reason to stay behind them at a junction and not ride up inside of them
another lycra clad prick on 10:49 - Nov 14 with 2320 viewshoopdog

another lycra clad prick on 10:09 - Nov 14 by Konk

I cycle seven miles to work and I’m happy to report that in my experience, motorists tend to be pretty considerate. I try not to do anything stupid or take unnecessary risks, and I always make sure I’m visible, so that might have something to do with it too. However, I do ca ck myself whenever I’m anywhere near a skip lorry (for instance) as they seem to be driven at about 80mph by blokes who don’t seem too focused on their surroundings. And a lot of these vehicles aren’t suitable to share the streets with cyclists due to visibility issues, which could actually be overcome with investment on the haulage companies’ part. I’m aware that I’m very vulnerable on my bike, so do what I can to keep myself safe; when I see people cycling without lights, with headphones on and fannying around on their phones, I’m shocked that not everyone has the same attachment to life. Ditto when I see people bombing through red lights almost irrespective of what else is going on ahead of them.

There are stretches of road that I would never go anywhere near, so I stick a few minutes on my journey by taking a bit of a detour to avoid those, but with the benefit that I have a more relaxing ride, and possibly a safer one too. I think councils providing free or almost free cycling training is a great idea to ensure that cyclists are better skilled to get safely from A to B, and as someone who cycles in the Netherlands a few times a year, I’m encouraged by the improvements that are (very, very, very) slowly being introduced in parts of London in the form of segregated cycling infrastructure. As for registration and insurance — I’d like to see the same thing with a lot of the motorists who live round my way. The more people that cycle, the more we save on the NHS, the less pollution we all breathe in, and the more pleasant places our cities become due to the reduction of cars, increased space on public transport etc. I struggle to believe that anyone could visit any Dutch city or Copenhagen and not want something similar at home. It’s just so much more civilised and healthy.

a good point from all sides
but the dutch are happy to slowly cycle down to shops on a sit up and beg bike without trying to get there before yesterday
[Post edited 14 Nov 2013 11:21]
another lycra clad prick on 10:55 - Nov 14 with 2314 viewsJuzzie

another lycra clad prick on 10:08 - Nov 14 by wombat

This is what I posted on the very first page of this thread;

"On my motorbike today sitting at red lights and there's this fookin' huge concrete mixer with flashing warning lights, he's indicating left, you know, those big orange things that flash, there's a big sign on the left saying "cyclists - don't pass on the inside" and just in case the cyclist is blind and can't see any of that, there's a speaker squarking "warning, lorry turning left.... warning, lorry turning left...." and what does this cyclist do? straight down the inside and goes through the red traffic light. Insane.

Saw another cyclist literally squeeze down the inside of a 52 seater coach on the Marylebone Road last week. "

Going home last night, a lad on a bicycle with no lights, no reflectors, no visibility clothing and he had a black jacket and black trosuers on. And he'll be the first to scream at a car driver if they get too close.

From the Mirror today;
London Assembly Green Party member Darren Johnson said: "The mayor's (London mayor Boris Johnson) failure to make roads safer for cycling in the last six years is the reason we are having so many tragedies now."

Oh, that;'s right, it's always someone elses fault isn't it? I'm not saying vehicle drivers are blameless because clearly in many cases they are not but cyclists have GOT to start taking responsibility for their own actions. It's a bit too late to try and blame someone else 'cos you sailed through a red light (or gone down the inside of a lorry ) and got flattened.

A dual carriageway in East London where loads of lorries are going up and down with frieght from the ports was NOT designed with cyclists in mind. They were built for heavy freight/haulage and heavy traffic. Road users of any vehicle need to take into account the usuage of their route. I go up and down the A316/A4 regularly and I know the black spots and adapt with caution approprately. There's a 3 lane roundabout where the left lane is left-only turm but every day a car/van uses that lane to go straight on and cuts up any vehicle in the correct middle lane. I know this and always look to make sure there's no car down my left. I don't go across obliviously in the hope someone might actually just be doing a left.

In fact, you have to treat every road users as idiots, I think people put too much trust/faith in other road users and that they will abide to the Highway Code. This is why the Lib/Dem proposal is utter lunacy. It will cause more injuries and deaths, not less.

[Post edited 14 Nov 2013 11:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024