Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another lycra clad prick 14:43 - Oct 12 with 33208 viewsloftboy

Nearly totalled me and my 8 year old on oxford street today, we were crossing at lights and the man was green, i wasnt very happy especially after one broke my daughters foot last year, yet after informing the prick of his bad judgement he abuses me!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

another lycra clad prick on 19:32 - Oct 15 with 2045 viewsstansleftfoot

Just goes to show that in spite of all the contraventions you list Drivers can still only kill off 118 cyclists and of those Drivers knock off (kill) less than 20 in an urban setting.
Car's are so safe nowadays that drivers can eat, drink, entertain themselves, have recreational sex, watch TV, listen to music, phone the wife, phone somebody elses wife, text, Twitter, Facebook and hardly present any risk to cyclists. The chances of dying of cancer for a non-smoker than they are for cyclists to have an accident involving a car in the city.
Its pretty clear from all the evidence Cyclists should take greater care when messing with Vehicles, how this can't be clear, I'm honestly not sure.
another lycra clad prick on 21:43 - Oct 15 with 2002 viewsdolcelatte

another lycra clad prick on 19:32 - Oct 15 by stansleftfoot

Just goes to show that in spite of all the contraventions you list Drivers can still only kill off 118 cyclists and of those Drivers knock off (kill) less than 20 in an urban setting.
Car's are so safe nowadays that drivers can eat, drink, entertain themselves, have recreational sex, watch TV, listen to music, phone the wife, phone somebody elses wife, text, Twitter, Facebook and hardly present any risk to cyclists. The chances of dying of cancer for a non-smoker than they are for cyclists to have an accident involving a car in the city.
Its pretty clear from all the evidence Cyclists should take greater care when messing with Vehicles, how this can't be clear, I'm honestly not sure.

You miss out all the pedestrians and fellow motorists injured/killed as a result of driver error/distractions.

What is difficult to understand is how drivers can be so ignorant of the fact that they drive machines capable of killing or seriously injuring people very easily and it is they who should accommodate others not the other way round and I say that as both a driver and a cyclist.

ps try driving around Forest Gate/East Ham area then have a go on a bike and you may just change your mind

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

another lycra clad prick on 22:40 - Oct 15 with 1972 viewsstansleftfoot

Reported Road Casualties in Great Britain, 2012
Killed 1,754
Seriously Injured 23,039
Slightly Injured 193,784
All 195,723

These figures are for road accidents in which someone was injured on a public road and which were reported to the police. Although virtually all fatal road accidents are reported to the police, it is known that many involving injury are not reported, even when some of those involved required medical or hospital treatment. It is estimated that the total number of road casualties in Great Britain is between 660,000 and 880,000 per year, with a best estimate of around 730,000. This includes an estimated 80,000 people who are seriously injured.

Common causes of these unnecessary tragedies include:

Speeding
Around 400 people a year are killed in crashes in which someone exceeds the speed limit or drives too fast for the conditions.

Drink Driving
Around 280 people die a year in crashes in which someone was over the legal drink drive limit.

Seat Belt Wearing
Around 200 lives each year could be saved if everyone always wore their seat belt.

Careless Driving
More than 300 deaths a year involve someone being "careless, reckless or in a hurry", and a further 120 involve "aggressive driving".

At-work
Around one third of fatal and serious road crashes involve someone who was at work.

Inexperience
More than 400 people are killed in crashes involving young car drivers aged 17 to 24 years, every year, including over 150 young drivers, 90 passengers and more than 170 other road users.

In fact only 118 of these people are cyclists and about 20k of the 200k are bike related....It's pretty safe, all the OP and I are saying is take your luck on the roads and take care of pedestrians....If cyclists followed the Highway Code and specifically the elements directed at Bikeists then probably less would die. ROSPA recommends increased training for cyclists to increase their safety primarily, and an increase of awareness by drivers secondarily...pretty conclusive I'd say! Not the use of "unneccessary" when talking about accidents ! We should all take more care!
another lycra clad prick on 11:17 - Oct 16 with 1946 viewsQPunkR

another lycra clad prick on 17:32 - Oct 15 by QPRDave

You can prove that the said car driver was trying to kill you, and you weren't just weaving in and out with that attitude you got?
Btw ever heard 2 wrongs don't make a right?... Is this how you go through life when you THINK someone may be wronging you?

*sigh*
Try learning to read everything before posting your innanities pls.

As I said in a post only a short way above yours "An individual revving his car at a cyclist and winding down the window to shout 'I'm gonna fúcking run you over, you cúnt. What do you think of that' before accelerating towards them at the side of the road I'm pretty sure can be construed as attempted murder. "

So do you think it might only be my opinion that someone was wronging me there? Interesting..

QPR - "shit but local"

another lycra clad prick on 13:09 - Oct 16 with 1900 viewsTheBlob

another lycra clad prick on 11:17 - Oct 16 by QPunkR

*sigh*

As I said in a post only a short way above yours "An individual revving his car at a cyclist and winding down the window to shout 'I'm gonna fúcking run you over, you cúnt. What do you think of that' before accelerating towards them at the side of the road I'm pretty sure can be construed as attempted murder. "

So do you think it might only be my opinion that someone was wronging me there? Interesting..

What blood group are you again?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

another lycra clad prick on 13:39 - Oct 16 with 1883 viewsR_from_afar

Is this "debate" still raging? There are bad cyclists and there are bad drivers.

However you're travelling, obey the rules of the road, show some consideration and try to calmly - and patiently - coexist. I speak as a driver and a cyclist.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

another lycra clad prick on 13:41 - Oct 16 with 1879 viewsMetallica_Hoop

another lycra clad prick on 13:39 - Oct 16 by R_from_afar

Is this "debate" still raging? There are bad cyclists and there are bad drivers.

However you're travelling, obey the rules of the road, show some consideration and try to calmly - and patiently - coexist. I speak as a driver and a cyclist.

RFA

+1

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

another lycra clad prick on 13:50 - Oct 16 with 1863 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 11:17 - Oct 16 by QPunkR

*sigh*

punkr just a quick one did you actually do something to make the driver slightly angry seems a bit wierd that this random guy suddenly wants to kill this poor unarmed cyclist for no apparent reason !

he might have wanted to actually kill you , maybe a slight maiming would have sufficed to quell his anger lose of use of limbs maybe slight dislocation of the hand used to key his car/ van

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

another lycra clad prick on 16:03 - Oct 16 with 1832 viewsQPRDave

another lycra clad prick on 13:50 - Oct 16 by wombat

punkr just a quick one did you actually do something to make the driver slightly angry seems a bit wierd that this random guy suddenly wants to kill this poor unarmed cyclist for no apparent reason !

he might have wanted to actually kill you , maybe a slight maiming would have sufficed to quell his anger lose of use of limbs maybe slight dislocation of the hand used to key his car/ van

Yeah cause everytime someone shouts "i'm gonna kill you" means they will won't they?

I think punk goes out of his way to wind people up....probably a traffic warden in his day job.
another lycra clad prick on 16:56 - Oct 16 with 1815 viewswillis1980

another lycra clad prick on 22:00 - Oct 14 by QPR1882

Just a quick question re the damaged roads, beit through the weather or wear and tear.

Why do 99% of cyclists whilst dodging potholes / manholes assume us motorists know they are going to vear left or right and then get irate when we don't read their minds. Maybe if most cyclists are keen to arrive at their destinations in one piece and expect that to happen they could give us a clue every now and then.

And Mase up to 2 years ago I rode a motor bike so I know the smug feeling you are on about, now I know a warmer,dryer feeling and would not swop it. Because of my history of riding motorbikes I tend to' think once,think twice,think bike ' but with most cyclists it's hard word.

All learner bikers now days have to do a CBT,to educate and ensure safety. Maybe this should carry over to cyclists.

quite simple really, when you study for your driving exam youre clearly told to give the cyclist ample room to manouvre as you as the motorist arent a romanian clairevoyant that can read their minds and arent to know in which direction they may swerve.
another lycra clad prick on 19:50 - Oct 16 with 1780 viewsTW_R

another lycra clad prick on 16:56 - Oct 16 by willis1980

quite simple really, when you study for your driving exam youre clearly told to give the cyclist ample room to manouvre as you as the motorist arent a romanian clairevoyant that can read their minds and arent to know in which direction they may swerve.

Blimey - this still going?

Just to clear up a few points:-

1. Some people are cocks, some people aren't. The mode of transport is irrelevant
2. There is no such thing as "Right of way" in the Highway Code. You can have priority, but not right of way
3. Jaywalking FFS? There's no such thing in the UK. We're actually brought up to know how to cross a road.
4. A bike license?!! WTF. My kids and I only ever cycle on tracks, parks etc. if I needed licenses for the bikes, we wouldn't be going out on them.
5. While bike lanes are put in bus lanes, it is not possible to stop riding in the same lane as motorised vehicles.
6. Unless the proper infrastructure is put in place for cyclists the problems will only get worse. You only need to go to the Netherlands to see how bikes and motorised vehicles can live in harmony. Bike lanes separated from the cars by kerbs, bike lane specific traffic controls etc. Go to any station in a town there and you'll see hundreds of bikes. 37% of short trips (upto 1.5 miles) and 27% of all trips in the Netherlands are made by bike. No doubt the anti-cyclists on here would moan about the cost though.

Personally, I will never ride a bike around London. I witnessed an absolutely horrendous accident that involved the death of one of the members of a band called Stereolab. It still makes me feel sick thinking about now some 11 years on.
another lycra clad prick on 21:39 - Oct 16 with 1730 viewstimcocking

Stereolab - Super Electric = Quality

This thread = boring
another lycra clad prick on 12:44 - Oct 17 with 1668 viewsQPunkR

another lycra clad prick on 16:03 - Oct 16 by QPRDave

Yeah cause everytime someone shouts "i'm gonna kill you" means they will won't they?

I think punk goes out of his way to wind people up....probably a traffic warden in his day job.

Jeez, speaking to you must be like what it's like to teach a nursery school. Fair play if you disagree but at least read the previous comments properly 1st I can at least have a conversation with Wombat 'cos he does actually read what I've said.
If someone shouts that out of their window and then accelerates towards you I'm pretty sure it's more than an idle threat.

QPR - "shit but local"

another lycra clad prick on 12:48 - Oct 17 with 1666 viewsQPunkR

another lycra clad prick on 13:50 - Oct 16 by wombat

No, he issued his bounty on my life before any key-scratching may have taken place.
Obviously he didn't try and ram me off the road for no reason - I'd like to think my face isn't that offensive! The only thing I did to annoy this individual was to shout 'indicate, you fúcking prick' after he'd nearly knocked me off my bike by swinging fast out of incoming traffic without any prior warning, straight into my path. The d!ckhead was also listening to loud music and had earphones in (I don't understand that, either!), so damned if I can work out how the pillock even heard me!

QPR - "shit but local"

another lycra clad prick on 13:34 - Oct 17 with 1652 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 12:48 - Oct 17 by QPunkR

No, he issued his bounty on my life before any key-scratching may have taken place.
Obviously he didn't try and ram me off the road for no reason - I'd like to think my face isn't that offensive! The only thing I did to annoy this individual was to shout 'indicate, you fúcking prick' after he'd nearly knocked me off my bike by swinging fast out of incoming traffic without any prior warning, straight into my path. The d!ckhead was also listening to loud music and had earphones in (I don't understand that, either!), so damned if I can work out how the pillock even heard me!

punk got to be honest i dont actually read half of what you have said so far to be honest

seen plenty of cyclist wearing head phones as well neither should be.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

another lycra clad prick on 13:37 - Oct 17 with 1644 viewsQPunkR

another lycra clad prick on 13:34 - Oct 17 by wombat

punk got to be honest i dont actually read half of what you have said so far to be honest

seen plenty of cyclist wearing head phones as well neither should be.

You're better at hiding it that the other one then

Course no-one should be wearing earphones while in charge of a vehicle, my main point though was why was he wearing earphones while listening to music on his shitty car radio though!

QPR - "shit but local"

another lycra clad prick on 13:40 - Oct 17 with 1642 viewswillis1980

nobody should be shaving, applying make up, chatting on the phone etc whilst using the road, but i still see people doing all of these more frequently than i should. the make up one really gets me as at points theres not a single hand touching the steering wheel
another lycra clad prick on 14:09 - Oct 17 with 1623 viewsJuzzie

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that everyone is as bad as each other. This is not about finding as many examples as possible to determine which is worse, it's about accountability.

If vehicle drivers do something wrong, chances are they'll be caught on camera and get a fine & maybe points. Cyclists get neither unless they get caught in the act which is rarer than rocking horse schit.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2013 14:30]
another lycra clad prick on 14:16 - Oct 17 with 1615 viewsMetallica_Hoop

74000 Deer killed every year on the roads

All that venison going to waste.

Red wine and venison sausages from Borough Market, exquisite if a tad pricey. Best meat since South Africa

another lycra clad prick on 14:22 - Oct 17 with 1610 viewswillis1980

another lycra clad prick on 14:16 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

74000 Deer killed every year on the roads

All that venison going to waste.

Red wine and venison sausages from Borough Market, exquisite if a tad pricey. Best meat since South Africa

venison is amazing (especially the lidgates venison pie) just makes it hard to fit in a pint or 2 afterwards!
another lycra clad prick on 14:26 - Oct 17 with 1608 viewsMetallica_Hoop

another lycra clad prick on 14:22 - Oct 17 by willis1980

venison is amazing (especially the lidgates venison pie) just makes it hard to fit in a pint or 2 afterwards!

Ohhh must try this pie.

Yeah bloody filling, like ostrich spag bowl. Ostrich is the meat equivalent of rice.

another lycra clad prick on 17:27 - Oct 17 with 1578 viewsTW_R

another lycra clad prick on 14:26 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

Ohhh must try this pie.

Yeah bloody filling, like ostrich spag bowl. Ostrich is the meat equivalent of rice.

How can you afford venison?!! I've always found it a little deer.....
another lycra clad prick on 17:31 - Oct 17 with 1575 viewsQPRDave

another lycra clad prick on 12:44 - Oct 17 by QPunkR

Jeez, speaking to you must be like what it's like to teach a nursery school. Fair play if you disagree but at least read the previous comments properly 1st I can at least have a conversation with Wombat 'cos he does actually read what I've said.
If someone shouts that out of their window and then accelerates towards you I'm pretty sure it's more than an idle threat.

and anyway ya bike's c**p!.....Ah!!!!!! Teletubbies!!!
another lycra clad prick on 20:46 - Oct 17 with 1557 viewsPunteR

I just wanted to have the final say on this fred.

I think we all agreed then. lycra clad cyclists are pricks.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

another lycra clad prick on 21:00 - Oct 17 with 1550 viewsdolcelatte

another lycra clad prick on 20:46 - Oct 17 by PunteR

I just wanted to have the final say on this fred.

I think we all agreed then. lycra clad cyclists are pricks.

Wrong - fat, fag smoking blokes applying make up listening to an mp3 player through headphones whilst on the phone driving an 4 x 4 are pricks.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024