Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices 10:40 - Feb 24 with 4359 viewsSomersetHoops

In the past QPR have had no choice, but to use internally generated young players - ready or not. Now it seems the money in TF's wallet is being spent bringing in players on massive wages unconnected and uncommitted to the club many of whom are well past their best, while the best of our young talent is sent out to the far corners of the country on loan. This has two effects; on one hand we have too many players doing the minimum they can, just running down contracts to contribute to their pension pot, while our young players are losing their commitment to QPR on loan at other clubs. What is happening at Loftus Road is completely alien to what QPR have been in its best days in the past. The most shameful thing to me is the lack of development of players and the fact that it seems we think its necessary to have swanky new facilities in place to start doing it. In the past we had worse facilities than we have right now, but had managers who needed to be interested in development of players because we had owners who expected it as part of their job and weren't prepared to bring in players unless there was very good value and ultimately increased returns from our further development of them. As for the staff running our development of players - they must be very demoralised seeing players coming in giving low levels of effort and performance when they have youngsters desperate to give their all playing for QPR. We are not going to get or keep good coaches for our player development unless we start using what is produced. In another way perhaps we should be more selective and ruthless towards some of the development players we have and if they are not good enough to sit on our first team bench by a reasonable age then they should go. However, if they are never given the chance to show what they can do and become part of our first team we may find other clubs will pick them up and use them against us.

Who's Next?

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 11:07 - Feb 24 with 3841 viewsDiscodroid

according to tony in his tweet after the charlton game

“QPR fans. There are no quick fixes. This is a long term project and our support is unwavering.

long term! long term he says! a squad old enough to remember prog rock, and loans leaking from every orifice.

appointing a manager who is old enough to have seen the last woman hanged in public, with a back up staff of renaissance men as au fait with modern day football as they are with the rules of fred truman's indoor pub league.

sanctioning the signings of broken vessels yossi,henery,oniel,arron hughes, jamjar,jeanas and the latest crop of young talent in one almighty fk up of a transfer deadline day(doyle exc)

theres more chance of stings message in a bottle being discoverd ,than getting half the shit moved on from this elephant graveyard of a squad.

i remember when harry enfied and paul whitehouse aired their famous 'smashy an nicey' programme back in 1992...it killed radio ones credibility overnight and became a laughing stock, which took years to rectify...

well ,for david kid pension, jimmy old and noel tidy beard, read our own earth ,wind and fire.

and we aint seen nothing yet..

[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 11:18]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 12:10 - Feb 24 with 3793 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 11:07 - Feb 24 by Discodroid

“QPR fans. There are no quick fixes. This is a long term project and our support is unwavering.

long term! long term he says! a squad old enough to remember prog rock, and loans leaking from every orifice.

appointing a manager who is old enough to have seen the last woman hanged in public, with a back up staff of renaissance men as au fait with modern day football as they are with the rules of fred truman's indoor pub league.

sanctioning the signings of broken vessels yossi,henery,oniel,arron hughes, jamjar,jeanas and the latest crop of young talent in one almighty fk up of a transfer deadline day(doyle exc)

theres more chance of stings message in a bottle being discoverd ,than getting half the shit moved on from this elephant graveyard of a squad.

i remember when harry enfied and paul whitehouse aired their famous 'smashy an nicey' programme back in 1992...it killed radio ones credibility overnight and became a laughing stock, which took years to rectify...

well ,for david kid pension, jimmy old and noel tidy beard, read our own earth ,wind and fire.

Disco, you do make me chuckle!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 12:24 - Feb 24 with 3773 viewsNov77

David McIntyre has been banging on about it doesn't matter who the manager is as the whole ethos of the club is wrong. I rarely agree with him but on this I think he's right.
TF is rarely in the country and his eyes on the ground Beard knows absolutely nothing about football.

It's like their playing football manager on a video game, except the bills are real and going to have to be paid by someone someday.

If the owners sack redknapp it's just another panic decision, and they'll employ the next high profile name off the rank, repeat ad nauseam.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 12:32 - Feb 24 with 3749 viewsR_from_afar

So Redknapp looked like a poor choice back when Tony brought him in, did he? Be honest now! Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Redknapp but I grudgingly felt he would sort us out. To some extent, he has - and Tony is surely due some credit for this too. A lot of the big earners have been shipped out and some decent players have come it, on reasonably sensible wages, I would think: Austin, Simpson for example.

That said, I agree with the OP about the way our youth prospects have been overlooked. I'd rather give Petrasso a chance than Keane and I'd prefer to see Hitchcock feature ahead of Maiga. Why are we shipping other club's young prospects in at the expense of our own, especialy when they have proven they can find the net in league matches?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 13:26 - Feb 24 with 3722 viewsSomersetHoops

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 12:32 - Feb 24 by R_from_afar

So Redknapp looked like a poor choice back when Tony brought him in, did he? Be honest now! Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Redknapp but I grudgingly felt he would sort us out. To some extent, he has - and Tony is surely due some credit for this too. A lot of the big earners have been shipped out and some decent players have come it, on reasonably sensible wages, I would think: Austin, Simpson for example.

That said, I agree with the OP about the way our youth prospects have been overlooked. I'd rather give Petrasso a chance than Keane and I'd prefer to see Hitchcock feature ahead of Maiga. Why are we shipping other club's young prospects in at the expense of our own, especialy when they have proven they can find the net in league matches?

RFA

I was totally in favour of Redknapp when I heard he was coming, but I expected he would commit to the club and take a longer term view than he seems to have. I thought where he recognised his shortcomings he would bring in resources to deal with them and at first he did with McClaren, but now he's gone and left an unfilled void.

Despite what Tony says I suspect Harry was told to get us back up as priority one two and three and now that is faltering panic has set in.

Like many I can see nothing but dire play and results if we do go up and there are no signs of developing a team that would be ready for the Premiership. I think Warnock's Championship winning team were better than what we now have and that was destroyed by bringing in too many Johnny big-time prima-donna types. I've reached the point of hoping we don't go up this time, as we are clearly not ready and our management team seem incapable of getting us anywhere near ready.

Who in our team based on current levels of fitness and performance is capable of playing for or against a top Premiership side? The only answer I can come up with, is none of them.

Who's Next?

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 14:36 - Feb 24 with 3666 viewsDiscodroid

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 12:10 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Disco, you do make me chuckle!

Bri..lets rock!!

'h' and his young friend dellatore...
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 14:37]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 14:43 - Feb 24 with 3657 viewswhittocksRs

Redknapp seemed at the start of this season that he'd worked it out - young, hungry players melded with a few sensible experienced players on frees. He moved on the wasters and even though the football wasn't great, he turned us into a formidable unit and I fully expected us to win the title with the squad and determination we'd got.

Then McClaren left, silly transfers started occurring and Redknapp started playing even more games in the press than normal. When our best three available players went down with injury you could just see that whatever had been established over the summer was now gone and we were going to go down quickly.

Getting rid of Redknapp is both the logical and illogical thing to do - he's totally lost the dressing room and crowd but his replacement will be given an unlimited transfer budget and only make the same mistakes. Sometimes I hate football. :-(
Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 14:47 - Feb 24 with 3648 viewsDiscodroid

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 12:32 - Feb 24 by R_from_afar

RFA

i think ive made my views on our 'h' /arthur daley pretty clear from the off..r from afar.

and as anyone knows on here, dicscodroids word is his bond!.

i think it would be very unfair to critique tony f, just think he needs a buffer between him and the manager whoever it may be.

his business acumen seems to vanish quicker than a 'freegans' lunch round the back of iceland where his football decisions are made.

feel sorry for him really, all this money ,and his blood , sweat and tears to see clint hill back heel a ball straight out of play after a 350 pass move that advanced us 3/4 of an inch. lets rock smashy!!!

if we go up or not 'a floorboards up 'change of approach/attitude is required by tf
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 17:54]

Login to get fewer ads

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 14:58 - Feb 24 with 3635 viewsthemodfather

there's good money and bad money
have qpr's investments been the wisest? we have given guys with a history of injury, long contracts and huge wages, not based on performance just turn up.
the rot set in, when hughes was given the power to change nearly all at the club, seemingly no limit, entrusted to develop qpr into a decent team, with top facilities...BASED ON WHAT? was he hard done by at man citeh? fulham? now at stoke?? amother ex man utd, and cos of that he has to be "top"...yeah so was bryan robson!
'arry tried to clear house but with guys on such wages, other clubs won't go near em.....we haven't spent shed loads this time (austin and phillips £4m?? each) and kept clear of £10m rhodes.....under olly the fans, team and olly felt as ONE, do we feel that now?
Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 18:01 - Feb 24 with 3563 viewsDiscodroid

the qpr podcast tonight should make for some good listening, eh popickers!.

redknapptastic and poppledoodledoo to you all.

god bless harry,kevin and joe...not arf!

not a clue mongus between 'em mate.

actually are we sure 'fluff's' routine isnt the same as our 'arrys....

up at eight,down at 9 for breakfast,
first there was bacon then there was egg, they together formed bacon and eggs,
the its 10 time for a snack, all right,right!

who can forget 11, walk in the garden followed by short stumble,then dozing off on the bench,
its 12 !!, time to wake up for a nap!,

at 1 straight into lunch with salt and pepper,
after lunch we all know them,we all love them,there round ,there blue, there valium and im on 4o a day...and whats more im right out of it!!!!!!!..
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 18:17]

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 18:24 - Feb 24 with 3545 viewsDiscodroid

cnttastic mate!!

qpr 'the fab fm 'of the championship
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 18:30]

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 08:47 - Feb 25 with 3470 viewsDiscodroid

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 09:15 - Feb 25 with 3441 viewsPommyhoop

Wally takes charge of training post Mclaren...
[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 9:17]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 09:19 - Feb 25 with 3434 viewsMonahoop

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 13:26 - Feb 24 by SomersetHoops

I was totally in favour of Redknapp when I heard he was coming, but I expected he would commit to the club and take a longer term view than he seems to have. I thought where he recognised his shortcomings he would bring in resources to deal with them and at first he did with McClaren, but now he's gone and left an unfilled void.

Despite what Tony says I suspect Harry was told to get us back up as priority one two and three and now that is faltering panic has set in.

Like many I can see nothing but dire play and results if we do go up and there are no signs of developing a team that would be ready for the Premiership. I think Warnock's Championship winning team were better than what we now have and that was destroyed by bringing in too many Johnny big-time prima-donna types. I've reached the point of hoping we don't go up this time, as we are clearly not ready and our management team seem incapable of getting us anywhere near ready.

Who in our team based on current levels of fitness and performance is capable of playing for or against a top Premiership side? The only answer I can come up with, is none of them.

Amen to that Somerset, well put, although unlike you I was not in favour of the out moded, shifty eyed second hand car dealer type from London's East End coming to our club and bringing his prehistoric entourage with him. I knew in time he would hit an oil slick [ not Barton] on the road, just as he had with other clubs he has had dealings with. Christ, Portsmouth were stupid enough to take two helpings of the man and look where it's got them, not all entirely his fault granted, but some of it though.
He will stay I feel and see this season out and whether the club is promoted or not he will slink off leaving the club unprepared for another campaign and for another manager and TF to sort out the detritus left behind. Uncertain times at W12 [again].

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 11:31 - Feb 25 with 3349 viewsTacticalR

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 09:19 - Feb 25 by Monahoop

Amen to that Somerset, well put, although unlike you I was not in favour of the out moded, shifty eyed second hand car dealer type from London's East End coming to our club and bringing his prehistoric entourage with him. I knew in time he would hit an oil slick [ not Barton] on the road, just as he had with other clubs he has had dealings with. Christ, Portsmouth were stupid enough to take two helpings of the man and look where it's got them, not all entirely his fault granted, but some of it though.
He will stay I feel and see this season out and whether the club is promoted or not he will slink off leaving the club unprepared for another campaign and for another manager and TF to sort out the detritus left behind. Uncertain times at W12 [again].

Weren't QPR's greatest successes under a second hand car dealer?

Air hostess clique

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 12:30 - Feb 25 with 3325 viewsisawqpratwcity

And your point is...so...what should we do?

(F*ck,you take a long time to say very little.)

If there are no quick fixes, what is the quickest...iyho...fix?

(PS I haven't yet figured out why you were booted off the whatever other QPR site. Does anyone want to give me a tip? DD seems reluctant to oblige.)
[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 12:56]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 13:33 - Feb 25 with 3302 viewsTheBlob

Oy,nothing wrong with "previously enjoyed" car dealers.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 13:45 - Feb 25 with 3272 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 13:33 - Feb 25 by TheBlob

Oy,nothing wrong with "previously enjoyed" car dealers.

Yeh, all right, mumble, grumble...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 13:50 - Feb 25 with 3285 viewsMonahoop

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 11:31 - Feb 25 by TacticalR

Weren't QPR's greatest successes under a second hand car dealer?

Just type casting old floppy chops as a second hand car dealer. First thing that came to my head. Nothing against used car dealers usually. My uncle who I used to buy cars off was one until he went to prison!!!
He could be matched up with any other character with crooked intentions. He's just an out and out spiv.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 13:58 - Feb 25 with 3262 viewsTacticalR

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 13:50 - Feb 25 by Monahoop

Just type casting old floppy chops as a second hand car dealer. First thing that came to my head. Nothing against used car dealers usually. My uncle who I used to buy cars off was one until he went to prison!!!
He could be matched up with any other character with crooked intentions. He's just an out and out spiv.

No problem. Some of my best friends are second hand car dealers.

Air hostess clique

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 14:01 - Feb 25 with 3258 viewsTacticalR

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 12:30 - Feb 25 by isawqpratwcity

(PS I haven't yet figured out why you were booted off the whatever other QPR site. Does anyone want to give me a tip? DD seems reluctant to oblige.)

I'm not sure Discodroid does points. In that respect he's like Mark Hughes.

Points are for softies.

Air hostess clique

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 15:18 - Feb 25 with 3224 viewsDiscodroid

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 12:30 - Feb 25 by isawqpratwcity

you really are a tiresome chap, are you not max.

feel like i have my own stalker!

i have put my views on another thread on what i think we should do.

please return to your sensory deprivation tank for a few days to come back with yet another sure fire response ..

your like a weegie in a kappa trackie on 5g's of sulphate you talk so much shite.

note ,i dont ask you any questions because i have more interest in the contents of my shit pan than i do in your life.

either get a brass and shoot your load. ram some gear in your veins, or join a cult, 'cause im a private members club baby, and your barred.

"this was taken in 1963,around the time of the great train robbery,me and my bird normas knockers, had the original idea ,see...all it needed was a criminal mastermind to pull all the strands together..the fences,the muscle,,the brains.. unfortunately , normas pointed out that im a black tight wearing gibbon , and anyway ,she left me for lonnie donnigans pet great dane, after a cuckolding session in violet krays garden."treated her like a lady" apparently..

worst thing was right, on the way home to me sensory deprivation round the back of icelands , i got mugged of violets used knickers , that i stashed in me matalan cod piece, by folk songster donavan,who casually rendered me senseless with his own brand of bitter sweet folk music.....but thats another fackin story..."
[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 15:49]

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 15:23 - Feb 25 with 3214 viewsfrenchtom

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 14:01 - Feb 25 by TacticalR

I'm not sure Discodroid does points. In that respect he's like Mark Hughes.

Points are for softies.

The year was 1992. I was 28 at the time and I had just made managing director of Warner Music Malaysia. Things couldn’t be better.

But that wasn’t enough for me. I wanted to be regional managing director. I wanted to take over the world, and I guess it showed.

One night, Stephen Shrimpton, who was then senior vice president of Warner Music Asia Pacific, took me outside the Sheraton in Hong Kong for three hours. I still remember what he told me then, even after all these years: Learn to take things slow.

He told me there’s no need to rush and that it’s about developing my own personality and making sure I’m ready for the next job. I see that now. No matter how bright someone is, nothing beats experience. And that takes time. There is no quick fix, no five easy steps.

Stephen’s advice has helped tremendously, especially when starting my own business.

My partner Datuk Kamarudin and I knew nothing about airlines when we started AirAsia, so it wasn’t always a bed of roses early on. The risks were huge. The learning curve was steep, the margin for error small, not to mention we were going up against an incumbent with a bottomless pit of money.

There were always so many issues, so many things needing your attention. It felt like there weren’t enough hours in the day and there was a temptation to gloss things over. But I always made sure to slow myself down to understand the business better, to understand people better.

As we grow from two planes to 150 and beyond, I’m glad we didn’t rush things because now we have a solid foundation. Nothing beats the basics, and I daresay we got it right. And while it may not seem the quickest route to where you want to be, going slow is the best way to get ahead.

So take the time to look around you, take the time to show the world how good you are. I guarantee you won’t regret it.

Photo: Tony Fernandes

Quote from Tony on Linkedin earlier..the comment that I left was to heed his own words and not rush into a decision/decisions we all regret later. How different the world of commerce is from ownership of a football club. Not sure about the 'nothing beats experience' part though.
Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 08:51 - Feb 26 with 3131 viewsDiscodroid

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 15:23 - Feb 25 by frenchtom

The year was 1992. I was 28 at the time and I had just made managing director of Warner Music Malaysia. Things couldn’t be better.

But that wasn’t enough for me. I wanted to be regional managing director. I wanted to take over the world, and I guess it showed.

One night, Stephen Shrimpton, who was then senior vice president of Warner Music Asia Pacific, took me outside the Sheraton in Hong Kong for three hours. I still remember what he told me then, even after all these years: Learn to take things slow.

He told me there’s no need to rush and that it’s about developing my own personality and making sure I’m ready for the next job. I see that now. No matter how bright someone is, nothing beats experience. And that takes time. There is no quick fix, no five easy steps.

Stephen’s advice has helped tremendously, especially when starting my own business.

My partner Datuk Kamarudin and I knew nothing about airlines when we started AirAsia, so it wasn’t always a bed of roses early on. The risks were huge. The learning curve was steep, the margin for error small, not to mention we were going up against an incumbent with a bottomless pit of money.

There were always so many issues, so many things needing your attention. It felt like there weren’t enough hours in the day and there was a temptation to gloss things over. But I always made sure to slow myself down to understand the business better, to understand people better.

As we grow from two planes to 150 and beyond, I’m glad we didn’t rush things because now we have a solid foundation. Nothing beats the basics, and I daresay we got it right. And while it may not seem the quickest route to where you want to be, going slow is the best way to get ahead.

So take the time to look around you, take the time to show the world how good you are. I guarantee you won’t regret it.

Photo: Tony Fernandes

Quote from Tony on Linkedin earlier..the comment that I left was to heed his own words and not rush into a decision/decisions we all regret later. How different the world of commerce is from ownership of a football club. Not sure about the 'nothing beats experience' part though.

the man is obviously very intelligent and a world class business man, therefore what part of his brain tells him its a good idea to have 8 loans ,when we can only include 5 in a matchday squad, wasted spare capacity and sign beenyoon,maigia,hughes etc in the first place.

as ive said, he needs 'a voice of reason' between him and the manager....needs to get in a DOF re gerry francis to be that man .

Tony's money gives us choices - bad choices on 08:56 - Feb 26 with 3124 viewsBluce_Ree

Here's the thing. 99% of the young players we produced when we were poor were utter shit.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024