Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bid for Bentley 10:31 - Aug 3 with 9570 viewsdaveB

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-qpr-to-table-bid-today-for-highl
Bid for Bentley on 10:45 - Aug 3 with 4097 viewsDorse

Makes sense to me. We need a long term back up / replacement for Green.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bid for Bentley on 10:47 - Aug 3 with 4074 viewsDiscodroids

right then ..make him(bentley) the number one and use greens wages to keep charlie and/or matty boy.

we cant have two top end keepers at the club. especially if were looking at shite players like oscar gobern , Hall and private shultz schorch.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 10:50]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Bid for Bentley on 10:50 - Aug 3 with 4041 viewsdaveB

Bid for Bentley on 10:47 - Aug 3 by Discodroids

right then ..make him(bentley) the number one and use greens wages to keep charlie and/or matty boy.

we cant have two top end keepers at the club. especially if were looking at shite players like oscar gobern , Hall and private shultz schorch.

If anyone comes in for Green I think he'll go but not sure if anyone will
Bid for Bentley on 10:50 - Aug 3 with 4035 viewseghamranger

Green will be off next year/ Bentley will step up. Good move if trye
Bid for Bentley on 10:52 - Aug 3 with 4018 viewsDorse

Bid for Bentley on 10:50 - Aug 3 by daveB

If anyone comes in for Green I think he'll go but not sure if anyone will

All the Prem clubs have their keepers in place so that doesn't leave many options. I doubt he's really looking for a move as things stand.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bid for Bentley on 10:57 - Aug 3 with 3978 viewsDiscodroids

good player for defo bentley , but the defence is more sparse than a pikeys staircase carpet to the upstairs bathroom. greens wages would be better off used elsewhere.

if were prepared to spend a sizable amount of our paltry budget on an asset he needs to be in the side now , not pissing about counting the rolls of fat on the back of ramseys neck for a year, then selling him to west ham for for a pair of g star jeans and hope and glory deep v neck t shirt for one of the fernandes hive of brats.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Bid for Bentley on 10:58 - Aug 3 with 3963 viewsQPunkR

Bid for Bentley on 10:50 - Aug 3 by eghamranger

That's what we thought would happen last year with McCarthy

QPR - "shit but local"

Bid for Bentley on 11:00 - Aug 3 with 3947 viewsJonDoeman

Well done Blobby! Sign him up for scout! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Bid for Bentley on 11:04 - Aug 3 with 3912 viewsadhoc_qpr

Looks a good player, but why are we suddenly willing to spend a £1m + fee on a substitute?

Green isn't going to go and not play (and won't likely get a better wage anywhere) - and no prem clubs are in the market for a keeper.

So either we spend £1m on a number 2 goalie, while playing unready kids in defence or we pay Green £50k a week to sit on the bench...

It's all very scattergun and i'm increasingly doubtful that there is a considered strategy behind what we're doing in the transfer market!
Bid for Bentley on 11:06 - Aug 3 with 3894 viewsClive_Anderson

Bid for Bentley on 10:50 - Aug 3 by eghamranger

Is it a good idea for a keeper to be stuck on the bench for a year? What's the point?

If we want him then he needs to play and Green needs to move on.
Bid for Bentley on 11:08 - Aug 3 with 3881 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bid for Bentley on 11:04 - Aug 3 by adhoc_qpr

Looks a good player, but why are we suddenly willing to spend a £1m + fee on a substitute?

Green isn't going to go and not play (and won't likely get a better wage anywhere) - and no prem clubs are in the market for a keeper.

So either we spend £1m on a number 2 goalie, while playing unready kids in defence or we pay Green £50k a week to sit on the bench...

It's all very scattergun and i'm increasingly doubtful that there is a considered strategy behind what we're doing in the transfer market!

So you're saying we should buy a worse goalie for a year until next year when we should buy a better one?
I wonder if the deal might be: you play all our cup games (ie - two games, maybe three), fill in with injuries to Green, then next year you're our No.1. Not a bad move for him, makes sense for us. Not sure how that's 'scattergun'.

Bare bones.

Bid for Bentley on 11:09 - Aug 3 with 3876 viewsdaveB

Bid for Bentley on 11:04 - Aug 3 by adhoc_qpr

which unready kids are playing?
Bid for Bentley on 11:18 - Aug 3 with 3822 viewsBushman

Why aren't we building from the back??

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Bid for Bentley on 11:24 - Aug 3 with 3783 viewseghamranger

Bid for Bentley on 10:58 - Aug 3 by QPunkR

That's what we thought would happen last year with McCarthy

McCarthy was prob on big money, had a relegation clause and wanted to go.

Bentley isn't expected to come straight in at number 1
Bid for Bentley on 11:32 - Aug 3 with 3728 viewsdaveB

Bid for Bentley on 11:18 - Aug 3 by Bushman

Why aren't we building from the back??

If we did then we'd moan that we're not signing any midfielders
Bid for Bentley on 11:32 - Aug 3 with 3728 viewsNW10Hoop

Signing him wouldn't mean we've got two top end keepers. He's played a couple of seasons in League 2 where he has done well. Rob Green has fought his way back into the England Squad and he managed it behind our back 4!

If, or when Rob Green has an injury or proper dip in form, it's up to the back up keeper to make his claim. McCarthy didn't manage it. Maybe Bentley will.
Bid for Bentley on 11:33 - Aug 3 with 3717 viewsDiscodroids

if were looking at players as utterly shit as oscar gobern , schorch and hall to fill in at the back , ready to go , why are we wiling to spend around £1.5 million for a bloke to sit on his scrote all season and to watch goals fly past him in defeats by rochdale and bradford in the cups ??.

cant we get a competent keeper as back up to the japanese knotweed green , to carry out these remedial tasks for a £100,00/£200,000?.

were in no position to be a caravan of love for goal keepers. the defence and attack are more feeble than the micheal bentine potty time fences in northern france.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 11:37]

Bid for Bentley on 11:33 - Aug 3 with 3723 viewsadhoc_qpr

Bid for Bentley on 11:08 - Aug 3 by Antti_Heinola

So you're saying we should buy a worse goalie for a year until next year when we should buy a better one?
I wonder if the deal might be: you play all our cup games (ie - two games, maybe three), fill in with injuries to Green, then next year you're our No.1. Not a bad move for him, makes sense for us. Not sure how that's 'scattergun'.

I'm saying we could easily get somebody cheap in to sit on the bench ala Brian Murphy. Or even go with Lumley as backup and get an emergency loan if Green does get injured.

We don't need two quality keepers, especially when we seem to be cutting bodies and wages throughout the rest of the squad.

Obviously if we sign Bentley, then also sign 2 decent defenders and a couple of proper strikers then that's fine - but currently if we are on a very, very tight budget i'd try to solve the more pressing issues.
Bid for Bentley on 11:37 - Aug 3 with 3688 viewsWeaverQPR

Not sure he'd fancy sitting on the bench and not playing all season.

@WeavQPR

Bid for Bentley on 11:39 - Aug 3 with 3668 viewsNorthernr

Bid for Bentley on 11:37 - Aug 3 by WeaverQPR

Not sure he'd fancy sitting on the bench and not playing all season.

Then don't make the same mistake twice - pick him.
Bid for Bentley on 11:40 - Aug 3 with 3665 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bid for Bentley on 11:33 - Aug 3 by adhoc_qpr

I'm saying we could easily get somebody cheap in to sit on the bench ala Brian Murphy. Or even go with Lumley as backup and get an emergency loan if Green does get injured.

We don't need two quality keepers, especially when we seem to be cutting bodies and wages throughout the rest of the squad.

Obviously if we sign Bentley, then also sign 2 decent defenders and a couple of proper strikers then that's fine - but currently if we are on a very, very tight budget i'd try to solve the more pressing issues.

Can you imagine the furore on here if we went with Lumley as the number 2?
I see where you're coming from, but Bentley would be an investment. Sign another older keeper and you really are signing a player to 'sit on his scrote' as Disco so eloquently (if anatomically incorrectly (unless that's how he sits, which wouldn't surprise me, based on his obsession with genitalia)) put it. Sign Bentley and he might spend a year getting some higher level experience and learning from Green, a very good international keeper, and then become our number one, offering a seamless transition next season.
Really can't see the issue.

Bare bones.

Bid for Bentley on 11:40 - Aug 3 with 3665 viewsdaveB

Bid for Bentley on 11:33 - Aug 3 by Discodroids

if were looking at players as utterly shit as oscar gobern , schorch and hall to fill in at the back , ready to go , why are we wiling to spend around £1.5 million for a bloke to sit on his scrote all season and to watch goals fly past him in defeats by rochdale and bradford in the cups ??.

cant we get a competent keeper as back up to the japanese knotweed green , to carry out these remedial tasks for a £100,00/£200,000?.

were in no position to be a caravan of love for goal keepers. the defence and attack are more feeble than the micheal bentine potty time fences in northern france.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 11:37]

I thought Hall looked ok yesterday. The other two were trialists and no real indication we are going to sign them
Bid for Bentley on 11:45 - Aug 3 with 3625 viewsDiscodroids

Bid for Bentley on 11:40 - Aug 3 by daveB

I thought Hall looked ok yesterday. The other two were trialists and no real indication we are going to sign them

thank.you.dave. can.you.please.inform.my.primary.user.Antti.Hienola.i.can sit.on.my.scrote.as.unlike.him.i.dont.have.bollocks.the.size.of.ant.mans.

thank.you.

Bid for Bentley on 11:49 - Aug 3 with 3602 viewsadhoc_qpr

Bid for Bentley on 11:40 - Aug 3 by Antti_Heinola

Can you imagine the furore on here if we went with Lumley as the number 2?
I see where you're coming from, but Bentley would be an investment. Sign another older keeper and you really are signing a player to 'sit on his scrote' as Disco so eloquently (if anatomically incorrectly (unless that's how he sits, which wouldn't surprise me, based on his obsession with genitalia)) put it. Sign Bentley and he might spend a year getting some higher level experience and learning from Green, a very good international keeper, and then become our number one, offering a seamless transition next season.
Really can't see the issue.

It's only an issue if we don't strengthen the squad elsewhere i guess.

If we have Green and Bentley, but end up signing Carlton Cole upfront and playing Clint Hill at left back because we spend the money on a keeper.

I think we're currently trying to slash costs, put together a competitive squad for now and make sensible longer term moves - but with all three happening at the same time it's hard to see which ones are the real priorities.

We'll have a clearer picture come September anyway.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 11:50]
Bid for Bentley on 11:55 - Aug 3 with 3558 viewsJamie

Bid for Bentley on 11:39 - Aug 3 by Northernr

Then don't make the same mistake twice - pick him.

Not going to happen though is it, unless we can fob Green off on someone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024