Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong 14:40 - Jan 3 with 4716 viewsnumptydumpty

I have followed rangers from the age of five, well over forty years now.

There is a cancer throughout the club, which has nothing to do with the players, the management, the board members or the owners.

It's the fans.

When things go wrong at many clubs, the supporters within the grounds, out in their communities or in their own online groups, come out as one in getting behind the team and the club in the hope that their encouragement will provide the basis for better days all round.

Think saw a statistic that online football forums the most percentage negative comments in the league were on QPR forums.

Of that I have no doubt that's not a made up statistic.

When the team not playing fantastic at the loft, the manager and certain players get the bird.

Is that going to aid them in better performance - No.

Went to the game on New years day - the guy next to me saying f off poulter - the entire game - and then IMO acted incredibly weirdly when the same guy scored an excellent goal towards the back end of the match.

But yes - don't get to as many games as previous, but when things go wrong, loftus road is a very very toxic environment for home players which should never ever be the case.

Over the xmas period have been to a couple of other grounds. Madejski which pretty quiet to be fair, but the level of aggression of your average QPR fan, whether it be in anger or praise not there.

And also went to watch a pompey game ie university days spent down there - and the crowd were immense - absolutely the twelfth man.

Lifted the roof of and also did the same when team struggling.

Very rare at loftus road.

I admit a great deal to do with extortionate wages so there can be great bitterness when the team performing atrociously - can understand but it's not going to help in anyways whatsoever by moaning - because at the end of the day - the wages the players paid is just how it is these days - not their fault - but we want the team to play well, so constructive praise as opposed to vicious criticism is going to always be more beneficial for a players improvements.

And yes at times have to say when been at games - been ashamed to be an R, because of abuse given to team and all involved at QPR.

It's only ever going to have a negative impact.

It doesn't happen everywhere as I have recently experienced.

Why are QPR fans so quick to criticise ??

Sometimes we need to take a long hard look at ourselves.

If in my job I was abused day after day, my performance isn't ever going to be going on an up curve as a consequence - it's just not particularly clever.

Load of old nonsense but sadly for me, rangers are my team, so have to put up with the numpties that consistently do this.

Come on you r's I say. Get behind the current manager, players and owners - stop looking back or going forwards - we are where we are - we want us to improve so start supporting the team in the right way.

And stick the blue flag up your a**e, up your a**e.

Lecture number 374 section A sub section 1 paragraph 2.6a, delivered and hopefully understood.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 14:47 - Jan 3 with 3471 viewsTheBlob

Is this Self Flagellation Sunday all of a sudden?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 15:07 - Jan 3 with 3422 viewsstowmarketrange

Another fan who doesn't go very often telling us that do what we should be doing for 90 minutes.
I don't agree with the booing of players or managers,but that doesn't mean I should be fully supportive of the dross we've had to put up with at times lately.

There is something seriously wrong with the way that we've been run as a club for some while now,but to blame the people who have had to pay good money to watch our team fall apart whenever another team wants to beat us more than we want to beat them is disgraceful.
I travelled 3 1/2 hours to get to get to the game on Friday night,and another 3 1/2 to get home to watch a so-called professional keeper hand 3 points to the opposition in the last minute AGAIN.Thats on top of watching some of the worst football I've seen us play since Paul Hart was in the dugout,so excuse me if I wasn't jumping and dancing on my seat for the whole game.

We have been probably the worst run club in the land,along with Blackpool and Leeds,and I'm sure their fans don't support their teams as much as they should.In fact Leeds fans were shouting for the manager's head when we beat them in November,so we aren't the only ones.Newcastle fans are boycotting St Jame's Park because of their owner,but it must be all the fans fault eh?
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 15:20 - Jan 3 with 3377 viewsClive_Anderson

We're some of the most loyal, eg. taking around 10,000 to MK Dons for a cup game after not winning one for ten years. Can't imagine there are too many other clubs that would do that.
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 15:21 - Jan 3 with 3372 viewsTacticalR

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 14:47 - Jan 3 by TheBlob

It's the fastest growing sport in this country.

Air hostess clique

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 15:25 - Jan 3 with 3353 viewsFredManRave

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 14:47 - Jan 3 by TheBlob

I preferred the tits on Sexy Friday.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 15:28 - Jan 3 with 3340 viewsLblock

40 years yeah? And you've not seen QPR fans come together for the good of the club??

How was Mars for you during the days of the proposed merger with Foolham?

Did you enjoy the moon at the tail end of Richard Thompsons destruction of the team?

Were you off sick when buckets were being shaken outside the ground?

And finally I'm gutted for you to have missed Neil Warnocks title winning season and Wembley for the play offs

But you got a rise out of me which is probably what you were after

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 15:32 - Jan 3 with 3328 viewsDWQPR

When we were struggling at the start of the century there was a real sense of togetherness brought about by a team of limited ability but unlimited effort. That is all we ask of our team, we know that we are not going to be champions of Europe but just a team that just occasionally can upset the applecart. Five years ago we had a team we were justly proud of and loved to watch and support and a manager who really 'got it'. Now I have to put up with Leroy Fer who earns more money in one week than most of the supporters who pay to watch him will earn in a year. He has gone for a few multi million pound transfers and just ambles around the pitch showing very little effort at all. We have a keeper who ok, he does his best but has probably lost us a third of the total points we have mustered so far. We have a couple of players paid a good wedge of cash each week that should be in care homes given the fragility of their bodies. And we have a board, although given their genuine good intentions just keep on screwing things up. This is why people have got frustrated, why they boo and why the will begin to stop going.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 15:34 - Jan 3 with 3314 viewsRangersw12

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 15:28 - Jan 3 by Lblock

40 years yeah? And you've not seen QPR fans come together for the good of the club??

How was Mars for you during the days of the proposed merger with Foolham?

Did you enjoy the moon at the tail end of Richard Thompsons destruction of the team?

Were you off sick when buckets were being shaken outside the ground?

And finally I'm gutted for you to have missed Neil Warnocks title winning season and Wembley for the play offs

But you got a rise out of me which is probably what you were after

Can also add the Wimbledon merger to the list
Login to get fewer ads

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 15:43 - Jan 3 with 3282 viewsTheBlob

I've still got a couple of books of Green Shield Stamps.

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 16:10 - Jan 3 with 3199 viewspaulparker

Don't forget that all QPR fans are now racist , UKIP voting , homophobic closet Chelsea fans
Who are only moaning because we have been spoilt by the big time ,

Another one who is "ashamed " to be a QPR fan , if that's the case Fcuk off and support Reading
If you have been going forty odd years you would know this club was all about good football , producing players like Bowles, Francis,Parker, parkes, Bannister , Byrne,fenwick, Allen, stainrod, sinton, etc,etc , it wasn't all rosy and as far back as I can recall we have always had a scapegoat or someone to moan at , abs lotus road wasn't always a caldron of noise either , but we were QPR
We were everyone's favourite 2nd team , now we are pitiful shadow of what we were , we can't even get hoops on the shirt FFS or produce a decent badge
Bar Olly & NW we have been Sh1t the last 20 years and this current lot are taking this loyal fanbase
For mugs , we pay over the odds for overpaid lazy players, we scrape the youngsters out of the team, what is the plan for us ?? what is happening with the training ground , why are we looking at has beens like marco motta instead of Harriman or furlong
And as for posts like this having a pop at QPR fans , it's tiresome, boring and more importantly toe curling

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 16:18 - Jan 3 with 3171 viewsjohncharles

The guy beside you saying fcuk off Polter the entire game ? Polter didn't come on until the game was nearly over.

Strong and stable my arse.

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 16:19 - Jan 3 with 3171 viewsTheBlob

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 16:10 - Jan 3 by paulparker

Don't forget that all QPR fans are now racist , UKIP voting , homophobic closet Chelsea fans

Another one who is "ashamed " to be a QPR fan , if that's the case Fcuk off and support Reading
If you have been going forty odd years you would know this club was all about good football , producing players like Bowles, Francis,Parker, parkes, Bannister , Byrne,fenwick, Allen, stainrod, sinton, etc,etc , it wasn't all rosy and as far back as I can recall we have always had a scapegoat or someone to moan at , abs lotus road wasn't always a caldron of noise either , but we were QPR
We were everyone's favourite 2nd team , now we are pitiful shadow of what we were , we can't even get hoops on the shirt FFS or produce a decent badge
Bar Olly & NW we have been Sh1t the last 20 years and this current lot are taking this loyal fanbase
For mugs , we pay over the odds for overpaid lazy players, we scrape the youngsters out of the team, what is the plan for us ?? what is happening with the training ground , why are we looking at has beens like marco motta instead of Harriman or furlong
And as for posts like this having a pop at QPR fans , it's tiresome, boring and more importantly toe curling

Don't forget Climate Change Deniers and Motorcycle Molesterers.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 16:19]

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 17:16 - Jan 3 with 3063 viewsQPRDave

Hope not, last time I tried that I put me back out for two months!
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 17:21 - Jan 3 with 3047 viewsQPRDave

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 16:10 - Jan 3 by paulparker

That's a good post PP
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:01 - Jan 3 with 2983 viewspaulparker

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 17:21 - Jan 3 by QPRDave

That's a good post PP

Cheers Dave , all of this look at me I'm a proper fan & how dare you boo crap being spouted on here is doing my head in
It's as bad as the "racist " card being used if we dare question sir Les

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:12 - Jan 3 with 2959 viewsQPRDave

Think there are alot of rose tinted specs being worn Paul
The club's fans have always, as you posted "liked to have a boo boy"
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:37 - Jan 3 with 2909 viewsstowmarketrange

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:12 - Jan 3 by QPRDave

Gary Chivers,Tony Sealey and even Mick Leach were the boo boys targets in the past.And luckily Furlong scored a few goals or he would've got sold quickly too.
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:40 - Jan 3 with 2904 viewspaulparker

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:12 - Jan 3 by QPRDave

Since I've been going Dave I've seen Barker, Bardsley, Wilson, Furlong, Rosenior, Fillery, Chivers, Mahon, Clark, Ready, scully, all getting stick , this isn't a new thing it's always been there, and as for all QPR fans being as one , well I have to laugh as the fans always have fought amongst themselves
We come together when it matters ie Admin,mergers,big games , Wembley , promotion
But on the whole the fan base has always been divided

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:46 - Jan 3 with 2891 viewsRangersw12

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:01 - Jan 3 by paulparker

Cheers Dave , all of this look at me I'm a proper fan & how dare you boo crap being spouted on here is doing my head in
It's as bad as the "racist " card being used if we dare question sir Les

Racist Card for questioning Ferdinand?
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:51 - Jan 3 with 2877 viewsRangersw12

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:40 - Jan 3 by paulparker

Since I've been going Dave I've seen Barker, Bardsley, Wilson, Furlong, Rosenior, Fillery, Chivers, Mahon, Clark, Ready, scully, all getting stick , this isn't a new thing it's always been there, and as for all QPR fans being as one , well I have to laugh as the fans always have fought amongst themselves
We come together when it matters ie Admin,mergers,big games , Wembley , promotion

Ready and Scully deserved it
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:57 - Jan 3 with 2861 viewsvegasranger

What a load of old nonsense. Rangers are some of the loyalist fans in the country. You want their support, their singing? Give them something to sing about. The first half against Hull was pathetic. Couldn't string 3 passes together against a team that hadn't won away for 2 months. Did we have a shot on target? Rangers is one of the most expensive teams to watch in the championship and watching our players be outworked, outpaced and of course lacking the necessary fitness really gets you excited !! Then of course there is " QPR fans are so demanding " Really ? Against Brighton we are two nil down at the place is rocking. Why. Application, some passion, a bit of movement, chances created and finally the come back !!
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 19:24 - Jan 3 with 2786 viewsQPRDave

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 18:40 - Jan 3 by paulparker

Exactly Paul. Seem to remember Rowlands getting it too.
Again spot on, nothing new here. Just some very p-_d off punters sick
of lifeless, pathetic displays.
What makes it worse imo, Warnock had lifted the players and in turn the fans
started to believe again. But now, we seem to be back to CR, style performances. and team selections
I know there are posters on here that say NW wasn't the answer and we got lucky
in one game and Leeds were sh*t, but we won.
Bet we wouldn't beat Leeds if we played them tomorrow. We've gone backwards
QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 19:32 - Jan 3 with 2769 viewskensalriser

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 16:18 - Jan 3 by johncharles

The guy beside you saying fcuk off Polter the entire game ? Polter didn't come on until the game was nearly over.

Busy New Year's Eve? Polter started that game!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 19:41 - Jan 3 with 2739 viewsjohncharles

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 19:32 - Jan 3 by kensalriser

Busy New Year's Eve? Polter started that game!

Oops, thought he was talking about Monday. Just another dumb Rangers fan, don't know what day it is.

Strong and stable my arse.

QPR fans the least encouraging and supportive fans when things go wrong on 19:50 - Jan 3 with 2711 viewsbosh67

It comes down to getting the team and style of play right.

2011 no one really expected that team to play like it did after we just stayed in the division the season before. But Adel and Hogan ran riot for the first 20 games. No one really remembers how good that duo were for the first half a season. Two young players with flair tearing teams to pieces, supported by some wiser older heads.

Fans react to attacking football. Fans react to maverick talent. Fans react to a team playing with some shape and cohesion. fans react to players who sweat blood for the badge.

The problem is that football has changed radically over the past decade and so have our expectations. Personally I don't care if we are in this division for a few seasons. I want us to develop a young team that entertains, that is hungry, that works hard.

It was interesting listening to BBC Radio5 Live this morning. Nigel Pearson speaking about how the culture has changed from letting a manager build a team over 2-3 seasons to expecting instant results in less than 10 games. And that the average tenure of a league manager was 10 months these days.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024