Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books 16:43 - Jan 19 with 11007 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-moving-stalemate-rotherham-danny-ward-bos

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/holloway-qpr-idrissa-sylla
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 16:58 - Jan 19 with 7829 viewstimcocking

Ollie continues to go out of his way to wash all dirty laundry in public.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 17:05 - Jan 19 with 7768 viewseasthertsr

Sorry, but I like a player looking well hacked off if they are subbed. To me, it shows they care and want to play. Also it has to be said that we didn't look as likely to score after he went off!
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 17:22 - Jan 19 with 7666 viewsWestbourneR

A mountain made out of a molehill and then printed in the local rag. Well done Ollie... *sigh*
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 18:32]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 17:23 - Jan 19 with 7665 viewsDejR_vu

Why can't he just sort this sort of thing out quietly? What is he hoping to achieve naming and shaming in the press?

Surely, the fact he's hacked off is a good thing. Having a little strop isn't the best but it's hardly the end of the world. Wouldn't a quiet word in his ear be better than telling the Press 'he can jog on' if he does it again.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 17:42 - Jan 19 with 7559 viewsfrancisbowles

If you watched his press conference you will probably think it was all light-hearted banter.

Typical press and click bait sites to blow it out of all proportion.

He has to do these interviews and it is either 'it is what it is', lies, or a bit of honesty and humour.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 17:55 - Jan 19 with 7504 viewslarsricchi

Serious question from a fan overseas: is West London Sport/David McIntyre nothing more than "local rag"/"clickbait" in stature?
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 17:56 - Jan 19 with 7492 viewsNorthernr

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 17:55 - Jan 19 by larsricchi

Serious question from a fan overseas: is West London Sport/David McIntyre nothing more than "local rag"/"clickbait" in stature?

No he's very good.
Get West London (confusingly similar title) is the clickbait rubbish.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 18:06 - Jan 19 with 7432 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 17:42 - Jan 19 by francisbowles

If you watched his press conference you will probably think it was all light-hearted banter.

Typical press and click bait sites to blow it out of all proportion.

He has to do these interviews and it is either 'it is what it is', lies, or a bit of honesty and humour.

not when you read the full quotes. Sylla just looked annoyed, that was it.
The idea people weren't occasionally annoyed at being sub in Ollie's day is absolute b0ll0cks too.
Bit annoyed with Ollie about this. That stays in the dressing room.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 18:09 - Jan 19 with 7410 viewstimcocking

Re Danny Ward, if he's under contract, their top scorer, why the hell would they accept a fee so low when cr@p players cost 20 million? I'd be pretty livid if somebody was coming in trying to poach our best players for that sort of money.

I know the reason we're offering peanuts is due to ffp, but is it really that strict? No idea about the whys and wherefore of ffp, but been involved in plenty of litigation over the years. I can't see we could be fined for breaching ffp by amounts like that. They could probably try and impose the fine, but i doubt it would be legally enforceable? They're basically saying we can never sign anybody. It's a complete fcuking farce. I don't reckon the FA would want a huge court battle over trifling amounts like that, which they'd surely lose. I think we should take them on.

FFP, the least appropriate name of all time.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 18:10 - Jan 19 with 7404 viewsstuabd

I think olly needs to choose his battles on this one. There may well be times when he feels he needs to dig a player out in public. However, in this case, a quiet word with the player seems a better choice.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 18:16 - Jan 19 with 7372 viewsBrightonhoop

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 17:56 - Jan 19 by Northernr

No he's very good.
Get West London (confusingly similar title) is the clickbait rubbish.

Must be an ethical nightmare for him as a supporter if he hears things he shouldn't or would prefer not to publish.
Always thought he's done a good, difficult job.
Not sure Ollies up to...think someone needs to put an arm round his shoulder and remind him not Millwall.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 18:28 - Jan 19 with 7316 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 18:09 - Jan 19 by timcocking

Re Danny Ward, if he's under contract, their top scorer, why the hell would they accept a fee so low when cr@p players cost 20 million? I'd be pretty livid if somebody was coming in trying to poach our best players for that sort of money.

I know the reason we're offering peanuts is due to ffp, but is it really that strict? No idea about the whys and wherefore of ffp, but been involved in plenty of litigation over the years. I can't see we could be fined for breaching ffp by amounts like that. They could probably try and impose the fine, but i doubt it would be legally enforceable? They're basically saying we can never sign anybody. It's a complete fcuking farce. I don't reckon the FA would want a huge court battle over trifling amounts like that, which they'd surely lose. I think we should take them on.

FFP, the least appropriate name of all time.

£1.5m peanuts for a player who scored 4 goals last season?
Give over.

Bare bones.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 18:31 - Jan 19 with 7286 viewsBoston

Most would pay to get out of Rotherham.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 19:13 - Jan 19 with 7115 viewstimcocking

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 18:28 - Jan 19 by Antti_Heinola

£1.5m peanuts for a player who scored 4 goals last season?
Give over.

1.5 million for a teams top scorer isn't peanuts in the scheme of modern football? Not sure what planet you live on...
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 19:42 - Jan 19 with 7002 viewsjohncharles

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 17:23 - Jan 19 by DejR_vu

Why can't he just sort this sort of thing out quietly? What is he hoping to achieve naming and shaming in the press?

Surely, the fact he's hacked off is a good thing. Having a little strop isn't the best but it's hardly the end of the world. Wouldn't a quiet word in his ear be better than telling the Press 'he can jog on' if he does it again.

Why can't you stop reading West London Sport ?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 19:44]

Strong and stable my arse.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 19:45 - Jan 19 with 6986 viewsLblock

Honest manager known for heart on sleeve and "banter" speaks up and expresses his opinion in "presser" shock!

I'm sure the preference is therefore magnolia dirge about "fentastic" players like Monkey Bale or confirmation that "der boish are vorking hard, very hard, but set eesh wot it eesh"

Fair play Ollie as well for a public tap up of Ward - been done to us before and will do again. We'll rightly piss and moan when we are on the recieving end (rightly so) but this is the hideous world of modern day football

I'm also however well in favour of Cilla's obvious passion. Still love him for that last second reaction to the penalty award at John Craven's Cottage a few weeks back

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 19:47 - Jan 19 with 6978 viewsjohncharles

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 16:58 - Jan 19 by timcocking

Ollie continues to go out of his way to wash all dirty laundry in public.

Can a story in West London Sport be called "going public" ? Small story in a small paper with a small readership.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 19:53 - Jan 19 with 6969 viewsaston_hoop

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/rotherham-name-price-qpr-target-ward hows that for a price?? bloody hell

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 20:04 - Jan 19 with 6922 viewstimcocking

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 19:47 - Jan 19 by johncharles

Can a story in West London Sport be called "going public" ? Small story in a small paper with a small readership.

Can speaking to journalists be called going public?

Do you really need me to answer that one?
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 20:12 - Jan 19 with 6881 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 19:13 - Jan 19 by timcocking

1.5 million for a teams top scorer isn't peanuts in the scheme of modern football? Not sure what planet you live on...

I suppose you're right - you look down the list of top scorers in our division and most of them would go for more than that. Not sure I'd spend more than £1.5m on Danny Graham though, and he's got 10.
£5m is mental though. And that's why we're forced to shop abroad.

Bare bones.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 20:12 - Jan 19 with 6878 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 19:47 - Jan 19 by johncharles

also, it was a press conference.

Bare bones.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 20:27 - Jan 19 with 6829 viewsHarbour

Blimey we only got £4m for Charlie no way we gong to pay £5m for ward. Be an interesting 2 weeks to see if we get a striker in before the deadline
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 20:29 - Jan 19 with 6820 viewsjohncharles

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 20:12 - Jan 19 by Antti_Heinola

also, it was a press conference.

A small gathering.
Just saying that there are more sources of news about QPR than the West London Sport. Getting a bit fed up with WLS being quoted chapter and verse.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 21:05 - Jan 19 with 6701 viewsWestbourneR

Doesn't matter what the Rotherham manager says is the price it's the board that decides and they're very much a selling club - I think if we get to £2.5 million they'll sell.

From what Rotherham fans are saying he's been absolutely outstanding so I'd say he's worth it. Particularly if Washington was worth £2.5 million from League One.

Actually I'd offer Rotherham £1 million and Conor Washington, they might fancy that.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 21:12 - Jan 19 with 6673 viewsdistortR

modern footballers eh? you have to feel for them.

Payet and Costa chastised for not wanting to play.
Sylla chastised for wanting to play.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024