Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill leaving rangers. 19:29 - May 9 with 2260 viewsconnell10

Just read he will be let go by Glasgow rangers.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hill leaving rangers. on 19:37 - May 9 with 2247 viewsbosh67

FFS let's get him back on the coaching staff and prep him to be a future manager here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hill leaving rangers. on 19:45 - May 9 with 2210 views2Thomas2Bowles

or leave him alone and not destroy another hero

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Hill leaving rangers. on 20:11 - May 9 with 2138 viewsFredManRave

Hill leaving rangers. on 19:37 - May 9 by bosh67

FFS let's get him back on the coaching staff and prep him to be a future manager here.

When you say "prep him to be a future manager here" do you mean to get him a Financial Adviser to advise him on the best ways to invest his payoff?!
[Post edited 9 May 2017 21:13]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hill leaving rangers. on 20:29 - May 9 with 2086 viewsHarbour

Sign him up and put him in the first team. . He won't play all games but enough to remind our other back 4 how to defend
Hill leaving rangers. on 21:11 - May 9 with 1988 viewsDorse

Have him stand silently in the corner of the dressing room at every game, scowling and occasionally raising a sardonic eyebrow. If the team is playing badly, he can cross his arms. Or stalk out of the room, leaving the door open.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hill leaving rangers. on 21:56 - May 9 with 1880 viewsTheJudge

I'd play him next season too
Hill leaving rangers. on 22:09 - May 9 with 1843 viewsHarbour

38 years old played 31 games scored 6 goals why on earth did we let him go
Hill leaving rangers. on 22:11 - May 9 with 1835 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hill leaving rangers. on 22:09 - May 9 by Harbour

Short answer?

Scottish Football.

Sorry Karl.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill leaving rangers. on 22:11 - May 9 with 1833 viewsJigsore

Hill leaving rangers. on 22:09 - May 9 by Harbour

probably because we don't play Peterhead

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Hill leaving rangers. on 23:30 - May 9 with 1720 viewsqpr1976

Spot on. Sweaty footy is cr@p.

Gladly have him back coaching, but not playing.
Hill leaving rangers. on 23:36 - May 9 with 1698 viewsPunteR

I hope he stays in football and gets a good coaching role somewhere. I can't see him coming back here unfortunately.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hill leaving rangers. on 00:15 - May 10 with 1660 viewskarl

Hill leaving rangers. on 22:11 - May 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Short answer?

Scottish Football.

Sorry Karl.

I hear you. You've opened the door now!!

In context I thought Clint was their best player when getting hammered by Celtic and imo they are a very good team under Rodgers, he's not finished yet and would have been a good squad player for us this season

Edit. Another ex R, the fondly remembered Joey Barton, tried his hand at Scottish football and made a fool of himself. Didn't stop him getting an EPL gig despite being bang average against all opposition up here. At the start Warburton exposed Clint by playing him alongside a slow CB partner with two high pressing full backs, as the season wore on this seemed to be rectified and you do wonder if this was his influence as that was the main reason Hibs were able to beat them in the Scottish Cup final. Does look the same as his input to tactics under Harry.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 0:46]
Hill leaving rangers. on 08:41 - May 10 with 1442 viewsCFW

Hill leaving rangers. on 00:15 - May 10 by karl

In context I thought Clint was their best player when getting hammered by Celtic and imo they are a very good team under Rodgers, he's not finished yet and would have been a good squad player for us this season

Edit. Another ex R, the fondly remembered Joey Barton, tried his hand at Scottish football and made a fool of himself. Didn't stop him getting an EPL gig despite being bang average against all opposition up here. At the start Warburton exposed Clint by playing him alongside a slow CB partner with two high pressing full backs, as the season wore on this seemed to be rectified and you do wonder if this was his influence as that was the main reason Hibs were able to beat them in the Scottish Cup final. Does look the same as his input to tactics under Harry.

Why is everyone so obsessed with players returning to our club just because they were good players? Sorry I just fail to see it. Was Clint Hill a very good player for us? yes. Was he the 'right sort'? yes. Was he a very good Captain? yes. Was he paid well while doing his job? yes. Do all of these mean he will be a good coach? No. Do all of these mean he will be a good manager? no. Is he good enough to play for us next season - given his age? no.

Do I think Clint is a good man and a very good player for us - well of course I do but that has nothing to do with the future. Here is a suggestion - why don't we get new blood into the club with new and different ideas and maybe, just maybe we might start to win matches.
Hill leaving rangers. on 08:47 - May 10 with 1426 viewsDorse

Hill leaving rangers. on 08:41 - May 10 by CFW

Why is everyone so obsessed with players returning to our club just because they were good players? Sorry I just fail to see it. Was Clint Hill a very good player for us? yes. Was he the 'right sort'? yes. Was he a very good Captain? yes. Was he paid well while doing his job? yes. Do all of these mean he will be a good coach? No. Do all of these mean he will be a good manager? no. Is he good enough to play for us next season - given his age? no.

Do I think Clint is a good man and a very good player for us - well of course I do but that has nothing to do with the future. Here is a suggestion - why don't we get new blood into the club with new and different ideas and maybe, just maybe we might start to win matches.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hill leaving rangers. on 09:04 - May 10 with 1397 viewsDejR_vu

Hill leaving rangers. on 00:15 - May 10 by karl

Joey Barton seems to have made a career out of being bang average (and that's being kind). There seem to be a lot of seriously stupid people in football who believe what he says over what they see. Either that or these people are so utterly brilliant that, in fact, his total cr@pness in some way makes him good?????

Either way, got to hand it to him (or more likely his agent), made a career out of it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hill leaving rangers. on 10:16 - May 10 with 1289 viewsterryb

Hill leaving rangers. on 08:41 - May 10 by CFW

I agree with a lot of that.

However, I would say that Hill gives every impression that he MAY become a good manager or coach. Queens Park Rangers should not be his testing ground though. I also wouldn't know which of those rolls he would like to persue.

IMO he has as much experience & more ability to be an assistant manager as the man in that position at our club! A good starting place for him could be somewhere like Rotherham, as long as they don't expect him to perform miracles!

IF he ever returns to us it should only be because he has shown ability & is the best man for the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024