Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club 13:19 - Jan 30 with 3205 viewsAntti_Heinola

ignoring the manager pays off...

http://www.football365.com/news/fulham-legend-we-thrived-under-hughes-because-we

Bare bones.

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 13:27 - Jan 30 with 3169 viewsWestbourneR

Damming for Hughes. I was so very very wrong about him - I thought he did a stunning job at Blackburn. But he mismanaged every aspect of us from the player acquisitions to the defending.

I've never seen a team so bad at defending set pieces as us under Hughes.

For such a touch guy personality he make soft shapeless football teams that have no plan for how they're going to score.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 13:56 - Jan 30 with 3068 viewsAntti_Heinola

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 13:27 - Jan 30 by WestbourneR

Damming for Hughes. I was so very very wrong about him - I thought he did a stunning job at Blackburn. But he mismanaged every aspect of us from the player acquisitions to the defending.

I've never seen a team so bad at defending set pieces as us under Hughes.

For such a touch guy personality he make soft shapeless football teams that have no plan for how they're going to score.

he was good for Wales too. But some managers do start like that - all fresh and carefree and innovative, then the game grinds them down into dour people full of doubts and fears, just wallowing in quicksand, hoping to be saved before they finally sink.

Bare bones.

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 14:25 - Jan 30 with 2994 viewsDorse

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 13:56 - Jan 30 by Antti_Heinola

he was good for Wales too. But some managers do start like that - all fresh and carefree and innovative, then the game grinds them down into dour people full of doubts and fears, just wallowing in quicksand, hoping to be saved before they finally sink.

...reduced to hanging out on street corners at 3 in the morning, in a split crotch tracksuit, offering to take team talks for cash...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 14:28 - Jan 30 with 2985 viewsAntti_Heinola

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 14:25 - Jan 30 by Dorse

...reduced to hanging out on street corners at 3 in the morning, in a split crotch tracksuit, offering to take team talks for cash...

Collecting orange cones on deserted streets and trying to persuade scared passing schoolkids to kick an old Fanta can in between them in a tired old dribbling drill.

Bare bones.

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 15:01 - Jan 30 with 2883 viewsRs_Holy

This backs up what Ive always thought about Hughes. If he inherits a good, well run club he gets away with it for 2-3 seasons before it all starts to fall apart.
If he inherits a clubs that needs building form a low starting point its a disaster from the off!
Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 17:59 - Jan 30 with 2694 viewsMedwayR

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 15:01 - Jan 30 by Rs_Holy

This backs up what Ive always thought about Hughes. If he inherits a good, well run club he gets away with it for 2-3 seasons before it all starts to fall apart.
If he inherits a clubs that needs building form a low starting point its a disaster from the off!

This is it in a nutshell, when he builds a team he's clueless and loves signing a 'big-name' (Granero, Bojan etc) but has no idea how they'll play in a system. When he has inherits a solid team or has to make do with what he has he's a lot better.

Wales, Blackburn, Fulham and initially Stoke & maybe Man City he did well with what he had. QPR and in the end Man City and Stoke he didn't do well.

Poll: Who’s better?

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 18:10 - Jan 30 with 2670 viewseastside_r

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 15:01 - Jan 30 by Rs_Holy

This.

He's a chancer. Albeit a very rich one.
Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 18:20 - Jan 30 with 2647 viewsWestbourneR

Very accurate observation. He slowly made Stoke a little bit more pathetic over loaded with big rep but average quality payers (Affellay anyone?) until they lose all identity and slip towards relegation.

I look forward to him taking up his career as a rent boy from now on.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2018 18:30]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 18:35 - Jan 30 with 2602 viewsHendonHoop

I've always said that if I was a Player in one of his teams, I don't think he would have inspired me very much from what I have seen over the years in his tv interviews.
Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 18:40 - Jan 30 with 2589 viewsFredManRave

David Pleatesque.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 18:49 - Jan 30 with 2558 viewscaliforniahoop

Omg just laughed out loud in a pub in Westfields 😂😂
Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 19:56 - Jan 30 with 2397 viewsMrSheen

Hangeland spilled the beans, or the cheese, on Magath too.
Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 22:37 - Jan 30 with 2207 viewsBoston

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 19:56 - Jan 30 by MrSheen

Hangeland spilled the beans, or the cheese, on Magath too.

I just wish I knew who Hangeland was.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 08:31 - Jan 31 with 2025 viewsGroveR

That's two former players who have criticised him now but you can rest assured he will NEVER be in this position again.
Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 14:28 - Jan 31 with 1885 viewsTacticalR

It's interesting that at Fulham Hughes was clueless enough not to know what he was doing, but not so clueless that he stopped the people who did know what they were doing from getting on with what they needed to do.

Air hostess clique

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 16:18 - Feb 1 with 1617 viewsBoston

Love for Hughes - Hangeland joins the Gabbidon club on 14:28 - Jan 31 by TacticalR

It's interesting that at Fulham Hughes was clueless enough not to know what he was doing, but not so clueless that he stopped the people who did know what they were doing from getting on with what they needed to do.

Do be do be doo.....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024