Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stupid free kicks!! 19:42 - Aug 25 with 2914 viewsconnell10

Great win today and I’m as pleased about it as anyone else, but my god why the f uck do we give away so many stupid free kicks!! So frustrating from us and most of the time totally pointless!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stupid free kicks!! on 19:45 - Aug 25 with 2871 viewsStanisgod

Agree. Bidwell the worst offender. Player going nowhere, shove in the back, and repeat.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stupid free kicks!! on 20:00 - Aug 25 with 2787 viewsconnell10

Stupid free kicks!! on 19:45 - Aug 25 by Stanisgod

Agree. Bidwell the worst offender. Player going nowhere, shove in the back, and repeat.

Agree mate drives me bonkers!

Stupid free kicks!! on 20:01 - Aug 25 with 2781 viewssmegma

Stupid free kicks!! on 19:45 - Aug 25 by Stanisgod

That's if you believe the ref was correct in his decisions regarding fouls.
Stupid free kicks!! on 20:03 - Aug 25 with 2767 viewsToast_R

Terrible business. It's not as though Wigan don't have form for last minute free kicks agzinst us.
Stupid free kicks!! on 20:35 - Aug 25 with 2661 viewsTacticalR

Yes we made a lot of unnecessary fouls. One silly one was when Scowen was quite far forward and had no need to take one for the team but made one of those take one for the team tackles. He's another one who hasn't looked right since the season started.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 20:36]

Air hostess clique

Stupid free kicks!! on 20:46 - Aug 25 with 2624 viewsrrrspricey

Stupid free kicks!! on 20:35 - Aug 25 by TacticalR

Yes we made a lot of unnecessary fouls. One silly one was when Scowen was quite far forward and had no need to take one for the team but made one of those take one for the team tackles. He's another one who hasn't looked right since the season started.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 20:36]

Couldn't agree more, particularly with us looking so susceptible from set pieces.
Stupid free kicks!! on 20:56 - Aug 25 with 2585 viewsconnell10

Stupid free kicks!! on 20:01 - Aug 25 by smegma

That's if you believe the ref was correct in his decisions regarding fouls.

I agreed with nearly all of them mate!

Stupid free kicks!! on 22:33 - Aug 25 with 2435 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you know a team is weak on set pieces you can take more risks.

It can be a useful tactic to disrupt a attacking team and remove their momentum.

England have suffered with teams doing it to them for years, and part of the reason we did well this year is because we took full advantage of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Stupid free kicks!! on 09:21 - Aug 26 with 2127 viewsPinnerPaul

Agree with Connell and the ref.

At this level attackers are quite cute at buying fouls, but fouls they are.

Only thing I would say, is when was the last time anyone, us or oppo, scored direct from a free kick - doesn't happen that much in this div.
Stupid free kicks!! on 18:20 - Aug 26 with 1930 viewssmegma

Stupid free kicks!! on 20:56 - Aug 25 by connell10

I agreed with nearly all of them mate!

I can remember at least 3 that he was conned by. There was one in the first half at the Loft end where he had his back to the incident. As he turned around he saw a Wigan player on the floor and gave a foul. He had guessed it was a foul. And he'd guessed wrong.
Stupid free kicks!! on 18:53 - Aug 26 with 1898 viewsterryb

Stupid free kicks!! on 18:20 - Aug 26 by smegma

I can remember at least 3 that he was conned by. There was one in the first half at the Loft end where he had his back to the incident. As he turned around he saw a Wigan player on the floor and gave a foul. He had guessed it was a foul. And he'd guessed wrong.

I remember that one & he certainly guessed.

However, it was a free kick!

I thought his worst decision (from a refereeing point of view) was giving us a free kick when Freeman went down near the touchline late in the second half. A "bought" decision indeed. Not that I objected!
Stupid free kicks!! on 19:21 - Aug 26 with 1872 viewsfrancisbowles

Think he may have been told about that by his assistant, albeit he was a long way over on the far side.
Yes lots of could bought but that's part of the game now, get your body in the way and draw the contract.
I thought he was best ref this seaso, by a long way.
Stupid free kicks!! on 19:26 - Aug 26 with 1867 viewssmegma

Stupid free kicks!! on 18:53 - Aug 26 by terryb

I remember that one & he certainly guessed.

However, it was a free kick!

I thought his worst decision (from a refereeing point of view) was giving us a free kick when Freeman went down near the touchline late in the second half. A "bought" decision indeed. Not that I objected!

But a guessed decision is wrong.
Stupid free kicks!! on 19:34 - Aug 26 with 1860 viewsGroveR

Stupid free kicks!! on 19:26 - Aug 26 by smegma

Barton v Johnson the worst example I've ever seen.
Stupid free kicks!! on 19:56 - Aug 26 with 1842 viewsterryb

Stupid free kicks!! on 19:26 - Aug 26 by smegma

Ok, but it was a foul commited by our player!

Your right that he shouldn't give what he hasn't seen, but we see that many times every match.
Stupid free kicks!! on 13:28 - Aug 27 with 1676 viewsPinnerPaul

Stupid free kicks!! on 18:20 - Aug 26 by smegma

Referee does have communication (open talk back) with the other 3 officials!

" The on field officials assist the referee with offences when they have a clearer view than the referee"

Earlier in the law it states that 'on field' officials include the 4th official.
Stupid free kicks!! on 13:30 - Aug 27 with 1672 viewsNorthernr

Apart from our goal I thought the referee was quite good on Saturday. Some of the tackles we put in were dumb as fck.
Stupid free kicks!! on 13:50 - Aug 27 with 1649 viewsPinnerPaul

Stupid free kicks!! on 13:30 - Aug 27 by Northernr

Apart from our goal I thought the referee was quite good on Saturday. Some of the tackles we put in were dumb as fck.

Yeah so did I and certainly more than 1 person in T block screamed at our players "Why, why?!" on more than one occasion after another poor challenge.

For information, I thought the Lynch 'push' looked quite obvious in real time (albeit from a long way away) in the highlights, I can see why ref didn't give it.

Lynch looks like he's making an attempt for the ball and sort of leans into the other player.

Can see why most think a foul though and we couldn't have complained too much if it was given.

No doubt accused by many (not you) of blindly backing the ref, but always try and explain why I think a decision is given, based on my experience.

If you don't like it, don't read or just hit the 'Ignore' button

Cheers all
Stupid free kicks!! on 13:55 - Aug 27 with 1642 viewsNorthernr

It's the tackles on the players not going anywhere that crease me. Back to go, tight to the touchline, exactly where you want them, then we boot them up in the air and let them pack the penalty box for a cross.
Stupid free kicks!! on 15:18 - Aug 27 with 1596 viewsjonno

Stupid free kicks!! on 13:55 - Aug 27 by Northernr

It's the tackles on the players not going anywhere that crease me. Back to go, tight to the touchline, exactly where you want them, then we boot them up in the air and let them pack the penalty box for a cross.

Exactly. Brainless.
Stupid free kicks!! on 16:13 - Aug 27 with 1576 viewstimcocking

In fairness, it was as bad a refereeing performance as i can remember for some time. I have to assume he was tossing a coin to determine punishment.

Although we did still give away a load of really dangerous and silly free kicks.
Stupid free kicks!! on 17:19 - Aug 27 with 1554 viewsNorthernr

Stupid free kicks!! on 16:13 - Aug 27 by timcocking

In fairness, it was as bad a refereeing performance as i can remember for some time. I have to assume he was tossing a coin to determine punishment.

Although we did still give away a load of really dangerous and silly free kicks.

A worse refereeing performance than Sheff Utd at home last week?
Stupid free kicks!! on 18:47 - Aug 27 with 1504 viewsPinnerPaul

Its all opinions but in mine, we have seen many many performances far worse than that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024