Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... 14:48 - Oct 25 with 2541 viewsBuckR

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/efl-chief-calls-for-review-of-ban-on-fans-dr
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 14:59 - Oct 25 with 2500 viewsDavieQPR

If he's backing it he has either bought shares in a Brewers or will charge clubs a licence to sell alcohol.
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 15:03 - Oct 25 with 2488 viewsToast_R

A few years ago I would have been all over this but now in a more experienced mindset, there's just too many morons who go to football who will abuse the opportunity to get totally sh@t faced and innevitably start fights causing innocent spectators to get involved, whether protecting their kids or their friends. Nothing worse than being sober sat next to someone whos out of it. It works in Rugby as the people that go are generally passive and middle class but the mindset in football is totally different. Not a good move IMO.
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 15:08 - Oct 25 with 2459 viewsMick_S

The 1985 act has forced some clubs to put up tarpaulin and other screens to ensure compliance, while curtains in boxes are routinely drawn to allow their occupants to enjoy a drink.

We've lost it, haven't we?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 15:09 - Oct 25 with 2447 viewsMistication92

Please no. It would mean beer chucked around by bellends whenever a goal's scored. I don't want to be soaked with beer in mid-July, let alone a freezing Tuesday in January.
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 15:12 - Oct 25 with 2438 viewsWokingR

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 15:03 - Oct 25 by Toast_R

A few years ago I would have been all over this but now in a more experienced mindset, there's just too many morons who go to football who will abuse the opportunity to get totally sh@t faced and innevitably start fights causing innocent spectators to get involved, whether protecting their kids or their friends. Nothing worse than being sober sat next to someone whos out of it. It works in Rugby as the people that go are generally passive and middle class but the mindset in football is totally different. Not a good move IMO.

It doesn't even work in rugby any more.
Too many groups thinking a day out means having to get off their face. Same at horseracing too now and spoils it for the majority.
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 15:35 - Oct 25 with 2372 viewsGroveR

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 15:12 - Oct 25 by WokingR

It doesn't even work in rugby any more.
Too many groups thinking a day out means having to get off their face. Same at horseracing too now and spoils it for the majority.

Probably more the gear than the beer.
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 15:38 - Oct 25 with 2353 viewssimmo

I'll be honest, that 90min break from drinking is crucial to me surviving a Saturday. If I was allowed to drink uninterrupted, it wouldn't go well.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 16:25 - Oct 25 with 2241 viewsqprd

perhaps well intentioned, but clearly a bad idea

people will just drink more before the match

lots of supporters grab the last beer in the ground... this just means more people will try to squeeze in the last beer at the pub, meaning longer queues to get in right before the match starts

also bad for club revenues.... if you take away booze, you obviously kill those sales.. but it also means fans will spend more time in pubs, elsewhere before matches, meaning less pie, tea, crisp, etc sales at the ground

is this really that big of a problem?
Login to get fewer ads

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 17:10 - Oct 25 with 2145 viewsrobith

TBh as a fan of other sports as well, the ban on drinking in your seat at football is a good thing imo.

Going to a cricket or rugby test and you just spend the whole game standing up and sitting down as an endless parade of belters treat what, to me is a rare occasion to see the pinnacle of a sport I love, as essentially pre drinking before the club.

It's so bad at the Millenium stadium in the rugby they've had to bring in no drinking zones
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 17:30 - Oct 25 with 2113 viewsJuzzie

Are people not able to go a couple of hours without a drink???

Where I used to sit, the group in front always turned up 10 mins after kick off, left 5 mins before half time and came back 10 mins into the 2nd half. Meanwhile, others around me constantly getting up to go for a slash, worse during the cold months.

Maybe it's just me....
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 19:22 - Oct 25 with 1954 viewsHarbour

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 16:25 - Oct 25 by qprd

perhaps well intentioned, but clearly a bad idea

people will just drink more before the match

lots of supporters grab the last beer in the ground... this just means more people will try to squeeze in the last beer at the pub, meaning longer queues to get in right before the match starts

also bad for club revenues.... if you take away booze, you obviously kill those sales.. but it also means fans will spend more time in pubs, elsewhere before matches, meaning less pie, tea, crisp, etc sales at the ground

is this really that big of a problem?

To be honest I would be in favour of this. Usually get a pint before the game starts, would like one more during the game but I don’t bother as necking a pint in the 15 min HT break is not much fun by the time you queued up you usually have 5 minutes to drink it so I do not bother so less cash for rangers .
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 19:39 - Oct 25 with 1916 viewsstowmarketrange

We had a bloke drinking his beer in the front row of the lower loft on tuesday.He even put the bottle on the front wall and the stewards didn’t do a thing.
Last season there was a group of 4 that brought their beer to their seats and were openly drinking it.So it seems like the family stand is also a beer friendly stand.
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 20:04 - Oct 25 with 1870 viewsBoston

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 19:39 - Oct 25 by stowmarketrange

We had a bloke drinking his beer in the front row of the lower loft on tuesday.He even put the bottle on the front wall and the stewards didn’t do a thing.
Last season there was a group of 4 that brought their beer to their seats and were openly drinking it.So it seems like the family stand is also a beer friendly stand.

Last year there was one game where I saw nine green bottles standing on a wall, I was petrified one would accidently fall.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 20:35 - Oct 25 with 1821 viewsstowmarketrange

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 20:04 - Oct 25 by Boston

Last year there was one game where I saw nine green bottles standing on a wall, I was petrified one would accidently fall.

There would still be 8 green bottles though.
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 22:27 - Oct 25 with 1633 viewsLblock

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 20:35 - Oct 25 by stowmarketrange

There would still be 8 green bottles though.

Yeah, but..........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 06:24 - Oct 26 with 1475 viewsLadbrokeR

I’m not opposed to this but I can certainly see how it could quite messy.
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 07:22 - Oct 26 with 1442 viewsKonk

Given that every concourse is now full of idiots throwing beer around because they've seen fans of other clubs doing it on YouTube, and every England goal was celebrated at Fan parks or whatever they're called, by idiots lobbing pints in the air, the potential for more soaking and subsequent rows is almost endless.

I always go to the pub before and after a game, but never have a beer in the ground. There are enough people going backwards and forwards to the bogs during a game anyway, without adding in more toilet breaks and bar runs. I saw Neil Young at the Hammersmith Apollo a while ago, and he banned drinking in the auditorium - amazing as (1) I wasn't pi ssed, so remembered the whole gig the next day and (2) People weren't coming and going all gig. A big no from me, although I don't have a problem with people in boxes having a bev during the game.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 09:20 - Oct 26 with 1386 viewsMick_S

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 07:22 - Oct 26 by Konk

Given that every concourse is now full of idiots throwing beer around because they've seen fans of other clubs doing it on YouTube, and every England goal was celebrated at Fan parks or whatever they're called, by idiots lobbing pints in the air, the potential for more soaking and subsequent rows is almost endless.

I always go to the pub before and after a game, but never have a beer in the ground. There are enough people going backwards and forwards to the bogs during a game anyway, without adding in more toilet breaks and bar runs. I saw Neil Young at the Hammersmith Apollo a while ago, and he banned drinking in the auditorium - amazing as (1) I wasn't pi ssed, so remembered the whole gig the next day and (2) People weren't coming and going all gig. A big no from me, although I don't have a problem with people in boxes having a bev during the game.

As long as you pull the curtains.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 09:41 - Oct 26 with 1360 viewsmakaveli1882

Went to the ashes and plenty other cricket this year and it worked

Went to 3 bundesliga games lat year and it also worked.

Went to the World cup and got covered in bud, however that includes last minute winner,
6-1 win, winner on penalties, winning in quarter final and making the semis!

I doubt will have that kind of hysteria down the Bush for a long time, but if we do make play offs, get promoted or beat Chelsh1t in the cup then feel free to throw 4% beer over me.

It will never happen and Shaun Harvey is a massive caant
I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 11:20 - Oct 26 with 1299 viewstoboboly

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 15:03 - Oct 25 by Toast_R

Went to an England Rugby gam,e last year and it is changing. A lot more people heading there to get as pissed as possible before KO and then an absolute mess throughout the game.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 11:25 - Oct 26 with 1276 viewsKonk

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 09:41 - Oct 26 by makaveli1882

Went to the ashes and plenty other cricket this year and it worked

Went to 3 bundesliga games lat year and it also worked.

Went to the World cup and got covered in bud, however that includes last minute winner,
6-1 win, winner on penalties, winning in quarter final and making the semis!

I doubt will have that kind of hysteria down the Bush for a long time, but if we do make play offs, get promoted or beat Chelsh1t in the cup then feel free to throw 4% beer over me.

It will never happen and Shaun Harvey is a massive caant

I was coated in beer at a Schalke game when they conceded a goal and some tw at decided to lob his beer across into the away section, most of which seemed to land on me as it made it's way through the air.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 11:47 - Oct 26 with 1257 viewsLadbrokeR

I've always loved that Shaun Harvey..... on 07:22 - Oct 26 by Konk

Mate drinking is currently banned in the ground and we’ve got more than our far share of pissed up blokes at games. To be honest I think a few drinks helps things along. Not sure I’m ready for a box park beer shower though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024