Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield 13:53 - Jul 19 with 3319 viewsNorthernr

Sack the Cowleys.

Started the season W0 D1 L7, stayed up with a game to spare, beat West Brom last week.
Huddersfield on 13:57 - Jul 19 with 2632 viewsrsonist

Could say it shows the limits of lower league winning football but it looked a bad match from the outset for a tricky job.
Huddersfield on 14:02 - Jul 19 with 2578 viewsNorthernr

I did always say when people were touting them as the next big thing at Lincoln, have you actually watched Lincoln? Attritional stuff.

Similar point to be made about Ainsworth. Are Wycombe playing that way because he's working with what he's got or because that's how he's going to play, and how will that wash with our fans or fans of another Championship club should he get the move you would think his work so far would warrant?

Regardless though, to have survived with a game to spare after that start and to get the sack anyway seems very harsh. Statement is all about "new direction and new way of doing things" so I wonder if it's another Southampton/Rupert Lowe/Jan Poortvliet disaster in waiting?
Huddersfield on 14:03 - Jul 19 with 2573 viewsPaddyhoops

Not quiet sure what they were expecting.
A piss poor premier league side who shed some of their better players.
Another Hull in the making.
Deluded!!
Huddersfield on 14:10 - Jul 19 with 2533 viewsNorthernr

Reading down the replies under the announcement...
- Suggestion they've been courting Bristol City over their vacancy.
- Suggestion they've been giving the club ultimatums over demands for summer spending, threatening to walk if they're not given what they want.
- Plenty saying the football is absolutely dire.

However the vast majority of comments say it's a joke, saying they've done well to keep them up given the squad they're working with, very unfair, deserved a full season etc.
Huddersfield on 14:30 - Jul 19 with 2433 viewsrsonist

Pearson sacked for the final two games too. Never change, Watford.
Huddersfield on 14:31 - Jul 19 with 2421 viewsenfieldargh

They have a big squad a lot of foreign players who cost a fair bit when they signed them.

Quite a few will now be coming into their 3rd year presuming they were given 3 year contracts and most likely on wages unsustainable especially as they have lost a decent fixture earner with the champions of Europe.

Paid some big transfer fees for players who have offered very little in retun.

Like Karlan Grant though, wages probably an issue

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Huddersfield on 14:33 - Jul 19 with 2407 viewsNorthernr

Huddersfield on 14:30 - Jul 19 by rsonist

Whose turn is it? Flores or Gracia?
Huddersfield on 14:35 - Jul 19 with 2392 viewsNorthernr

Man City H, Arsenal A last two games.

Good luck!
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield on 14:38 - Jul 19 with 2374 viewsrsonist

Huddersfield on 14:02 - Jul 19 by Northernr

I did always say when people were touting them as the next big thing at Lincoln, have you actually watched Lincoln? Attritional stuff.

Similar point to be made about Ainsworth. Are Wycombe playing that way because he's working with what he's got or because that's how he's going to play, and how will that wash with our fans or fans of another Championship club should he get the move you would think his work so far would warrant?

Regardless though, to have survived with a game to spare after that start and to get the sack anyway seems very harsh. Statement is all about "new direction and new way of doing things" so I wonder if it's another Southampton/Rupert Lowe/Jan Poortvliet disaster in waiting?

They themselves were the new direction hired by the new DoF after the German era. Now he's gone too.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-david-webb-

As recently as April the chief exec (Mark Devlin!) was giving them full backing and talking about future windows.

Unsurprisingly a real mishmash transitional squad of all sorts there. Some good players I'd completely forgotten about.
Huddersfield on 14:41 - Jul 19 with 2362 viewsrsonist

Huddersfield on 14:35 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Man City H, Arsenal A last two games.

Good luck!

Really, really hope they do it somehow just to make mugs of all the received wisdom blokes yet again.
Huddersfield on 14:42 - Jul 19 with 2353 viewsHunterhoop

Huddersfield could be a mess next year. Parachute payments drop significantly. How in order is their house? We don’t know. But this sort of move doesn’t cream “good order”. Fine by me,

Hoping Wed or Derby get a whopping deduction to send them down. The weaker the league the better for us.
Huddersfield on 15:07 - Jul 19 with 2284 viewsDavieQPR

Stoke are the ones with problems next season. Whilst wages of 75% of turnover doesn't look too bad that turnover included £50m parachute money.
Huddersfield on 15:12 - Jul 19 with 2252 viewsthame_hoops

Two wins and three draws since the restart including beating the baggies and avoiding relegation Madness
Huddersfield on 19:17 - Jul 19 with 1932 viewsenfieldargh

Huddersfield on 15:07 - Jul 19 by DavieQPR

Stoke are the ones with problems next season. Whilst wages of 75% of turnover doesn't look too bad that turnover included £50m parachute money.

Stoke will have the shadow of former Ryan Woods back in the fold.

What happened to the one time scourge of qpr

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Huddersfield on 21:48 - Jul 19 with 1752 viewsCheshireR

Safe to say that Huddersfield have a few problems.
Their parachute payments will be somewhat diluted by the £35M owed to former owner Dean Hoyle which I believe need to be repayed by next year.
This is compounded by a dressing room full of players with a pampered premier league mentality and a level of application familiar to our Mark Hughes dressing room.
I feel sorry for former R Mark Devlin who is a fairly recent appointment as their CEO and will be tasked with managing this mess.
Their current owner Phil Hodginson was previously involved with my original hometown team Southport - and all I will say is that his arrogance often impaired his judgement.
Huddersfield on 21:53 - Jul 19 with 1727 viewsqprxtc

What now for Bodie and Doyle?

Huddersfield on 10:57 - Jul 20 with 1468 viewsrsonist

Chatted with a Huddersfield supporting mate who turns out is quite alright with this as he couldn't stand the Cowleys and their football and had almost completely lost interest.

Talk is that Leigh Bromby the academy manager will be promoted to DoF and Leeds U23 coach Carlos Coberan to become head coach.
Huddersfield on 11:00 - Jul 20 with 1459 viewsNorthernr

Huddersfield on 10:57 - Jul 20 by rsonist

Chatted with a Huddersfield supporting mate who turns out is quite alright with this as he couldn't stand the Cowleys and their football and had almost completely lost interest.

Talk is that Leigh Bromby the academy manager will be promoted to DoF and Leeds U23 coach Carlos Coberan to become head coach.

We'll see, but that second part sounds like the sort of thing that's been tried before and quickly abandoned. Maybe a location for the Thirteenth Annual Neil Warnock Farewell Tour come the winter?
Huddersfield on 11:03 - Jul 20 with 1449 viewsrsonist

Huddersfield on 21:48 - Jul 19 by CheshireR

Safe to say that Huddersfield have a few problems.
Their parachute payments will be somewhat diluted by the £35M owed to former owner Dean Hoyle which I believe need to be repayed by next year.
This is compounded by a dressing room full of players with a pampered premier league mentality and a level of application familiar to our Mark Hughes dressing room.
I feel sorry for former R Mark Devlin who is a fairly recent appointment as their CEO and will be tasked with managing this mess.
Their current owner Phil Hodginson was previously involved with my original hometown team Southport - and all I will say is that his arrogance often impaired his judgement.

Still lots of talent there and a decent base of young players. A clear and decisive hand on the tiller could get them cooking again pretty quickly I think, but there is potential for snowballing disaster too yeah.
Huddersfield on 11:07 - Jul 20 with 1421 viewsrsonist

Huddersfield on 11:00 - Jul 20 by Northernr

We'll see, but that second part sounds like the sort of thing that's been tried before and quickly abandoned. Maybe a location for the Thirteenth Annual Neil Warnock Farewell Tour come the winter?

Well sure but in fairness they're the ones who pioneered it at this level, and you would've heard all the same "Chris Powell doing a steady job just needs time madness to sack him who do they think they are" stuff when they did. Big risks big rewards.
Huddersfield on 11:11 - Jul 20 with 1411 viewsdaveB

Huddersfield on 14:30 - Jul 19 by rsonist

Judging by how angry he was after the game on Friday, i reckon he's done a Jim Magilton
Huddersfield on 11:12 - Jul 20 with 1401 viewsrsonist

Interest in the Cowleys from Bristol City is a curious one. I'd assumed that was perfectly set up for Chris Hughton (who may be biding his time eyeing up the Fulham job) as they're almost exactly like Brighton were at the time. Cowleys and Birmingham does sound about right though.
Huddersfield on 11:13 - Jul 20 with 1398 viewsdaveB

Huddersfield on 14:02 - Jul 19 by Northernr

on Ainsworth I don't remember us being a long ball side when he managed us over 10 years ago, he strikes me as someone like Warnock who will play direct ugly football if needed but if he has the players to do it will go a lot more on the floor style football
Huddersfield on 11:27 - Jul 20 with 1371 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Huddersfield on 11:13 - Jul 20 by daveB

on Ainsworth I don't remember us being a long ball side when he managed us over 10 years ago, he strikes me as someone like Warnock who will play direct ugly football if needed but if he has the players to do it will go a lot more on the floor style football

Maybe right, Dave, and that is the big unknown with Ainsworth.

It's not easy to play good football and be successful while doing so, though, and he hasn't been practicing/learning how to do so.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Huddersfield on 11:32 - Jul 20 with 1360 viewsrsonist

I very much doubt Gaz would have been in the conversation last hiring if he hadn't have done a good job making use of Eze on loan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024