Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So you think womens football is poor? 14:37 - Jun 18 with 2094 viewssimmo

Not bad for a girl eh

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

So you think womens football is poor? on 14:43 - Jun 18 with 2072 viewsballbag

My new favourite commentator.
So you think womens football is poor? on 14:54 - Jun 18 with 2045 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Can Chelsea please defend like that when we play them.
So you think womens football is poor? on 15:13 - Jun 18 with 2007 viewsHollowayRanger

So you think womens football is poor? on 14:54 - Jun 18 by Orthodox_Hoop

Can Chelsea please defend like that when we play them.

aint that the truth

best way i can put it is that womens football is a totally different game to mens football

anyone that watched the full 90 mins of yesterdays game deserves a medal it was terrible beyond belief and that ex player sue smith saying oh helen much better then that and julies usually so good oh kate was unlucky there and dawn made a tiny mistake and rachel was so unlucky there it was terrible the so called cream of english womens football they could have played all year and it still be 0-0 except for what some will call quick thinking i call questionable ethics/cheating

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

So you think womens football is poor? on 15:23 - Jun 18 with 1992 viewsTacticalR

Overnight the Japanese team has become the Barcelona of women's football with a patient passing style.

Their victory over Germany in the quarter-finals in last year's Women's World Cup was truly monumental.

The German women's team were then simultaneously World and European champions. They had won the previous two World cups and the previous five European championships. They had not lost a match in the World Cup Finals *in over 10 years*.

The Japanese women's team had never once made it to the semi-finals before, but went on to overcome Sweden and finally USA to win the World Cup for the first time. Those women are epic.

Air hostess clique

So you think womens football is poor? on 15:44 - Jun 18 with 1956 viewssimmo

Neil can explain this far better and more succintly than me with his relevant experience but it is my understanding that due to the physical limitations of the womens game the emphasis is much more on the technique and indeed tactical side. The players are encouraged to play 'tica-taca' football much like we are encouraging our younger players to develop that area of their game.

Dont get me wrong the standard of what I have seen is pretty terrible generally but with popularity increasing and more money for the game Im sure that will improve and reach a fairly good level at some point.

Just dont have one commentating on MOTD and I'll be fine

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

So you think womens football is poor? on 15:55 - Jun 18 with 1939 viewsTacticalR

Wasn't it Neil who used to do all those great photos from the QPR women's team?

One thing I would love to see is the development of women's football and youth football at QPR (with games at Loftus Road) to attract fans who can't afford to go to see the men's game.

Air hostess clique

So you think womens football is poor? on 23:16 - Jun 18 with 1799 viewssmegma

So you think womens football is poor? on 14:43 - Jun 18 by ballbag

My new favourite commentator.

I think he used to be on BANZAI !
So you think womens football is poor? on 00:46 - Jun 19 with 1762 viewsWanderR

DPRK losing to Japan? Ouch. That'll be 40 years hard labour for the girls in red. The men's team were sent down coal mines after a six hour public lambasting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/world-cup-2010/7939064/Fi

Current location: OX10

Login to get fewer ads

So you think womens football is poor? on 10:29 - Jun 19 with 1688 viewsNeil_SI

The match between England and Holland was a poor one and sadly a poor advert for the Women's game. But it's not really that surprising because the strength lies within domestic club football where they have a lot more time to train and play together.

We all know how difficult it has been for the mens at national level, and they are full blown professionals with the luxury of first class facilities, so that effect is magnified dramatically at a semi-professional level, where they have even less time together to gel and prepare.

The standard is higher than our eyes often perceive as well, but that tends to always be the case. You could watch mens at semi-professional level on TV, say the Conference South, and think all of the players and teams are rubbish. But if you ever played against one of those guys in the flesh, you'd quickly change your mind and realise how surprisingly good they actually are.

There are certainly a lot of women I've coached or seen play that I certainly wouldn't fancy my chances playing against, such is their quality.

For women's football, in its current state of evolution, there is less emphasis on pace and power. Those players that have these attributes will excel of course, as the standard is still uneven and maturing. But that leads to a more pure game of football. Imagine the mens game, where pace and power didn't have as much of an impact, and the players had to rely on technical and tactical nous to win matches - that's sort of where the women are at currently. And every new generation of players is better than the last, because they're starting out at a younger age all of the time.

I'm lucky to have been involved and seen many superb matches in women's football, but it's easy to pass judgement on one or two poor games. It's also easy to pass judgement on youth football, when it's just kids playing with no experience, but it's just a different type of game for the type of players and where they are in their lifecycle. A lot of people only watch one type of football, at the highest level and/or just their favourite team, and this does not give you a clear picture or overview of football as a whole, from grass roots to the top. Understanding the entire chain gives you a better appreciation of players and also helps to improve your ability to spot what makes a good player at each point of that cycle.

A couple of years ago there were some people from this forum who came down to watch QPR Ladies beat Plymouth Ladies 4-1, in a game that saw us win the title and promotion back to the Premier League. There were lots who came away raving about the Rs that day as it was a pulsating match, but it was by no where near the best game they'd played that season as there was a lot of tension due to it being a match that would decide which of the two teams would prevail.
So you think womens football is poor? on 10:32 - Jun 19 with 1682 viewsNeil_SI

So you think womens football is poor? on 15:55 - Jun 18 by TacticalR

Wasn't it Neil who used to do all those great photos from the QPR women's team?

One thing I would love to see is the development of women's football and youth football at QPR (with games at Loftus Road) to attract fans who can't afford to go to see the men's game.

Yes that's me doing the photos, but I didn't have as much of a chance to get to games last season due to following the men up and down the country. :)

I'd love to see the women and youth teams playing at Loftus Road, but they need to find a solution for the playing surface and ensure it's in tip-top condition before they could contemplate that.

If they can't, then hopefully the quality at the new training ground would be sufficient enough for them to play there. The women have to play on a certain grade of pitch, which right now is semi-pro standard or better.
So you think womens football is poor? on 12:39 - Jun 19 with 1625 viewsHollowayRanger

So you think womens football is poor? on 10:29 - Jun 19 by Neil_SI

The match between England and Holland was a poor one and sadly a poor advert for the Women's game. But it's not really that surprising because the strength lies within domestic club football where they have a lot more time to train and play together.

We all know how difficult it has been for the mens at national level, and they are full blown professionals with the luxury of first class facilities, so that effect is magnified dramatically at a semi-professional level, where they have even less time together to gel and prepare.

The standard is higher than our eyes often perceive as well, but that tends to always be the case. You could watch mens at semi-professional level on TV, say the Conference South, and think all of the players and teams are rubbish. But if you ever played against one of those guys in the flesh, you'd quickly change your mind and realise how surprisingly good they actually are.

There are certainly a lot of women I've coached or seen play that I certainly wouldn't fancy my chances playing against, such is their quality.

For women's football, in its current state of evolution, there is less emphasis on pace and power. Those players that have these attributes will excel of course, as the standard is still uneven and maturing. But that leads to a more pure game of football. Imagine the mens game, where pace and power didn't have as much of an impact, and the players had to rely on technical and tactical nous to win matches - that's sort of where the women are at currently. And every new generation of players is better than the last, because they're starting out at a younger age all of the time.

I'm lucky to have been involved and seen many superb matches in women's football, but it's easy to pass judgement on one or two poor games. It's also easy to pass judgement on youth football, when it's just kids playing with no experience, but it's just a different type of game for the type of players and where they are in their lifecycle. A lot of people only watch one type of football, at the highest level and/or just their favourite team, and this does not give you a clear picture or overview of football as a whole, from grass roots to the top. Understanding the entire chain gives you a better appreciation of players and also helps to improve your ability to spot what makes a good player at each point of that cycle.

A couple of years ago there were some people from this forum who came down to watch QPR Ladies beat Plymouth Ladies 4-1, in a game that saw us win the title and promotion back to the Premier League. There were lots who came away raving about the Rs that day as it was a pulsating match, but it was by no where near the best game they'd played that season as there was a lot of tension due to it being a match that would decide which of the two teams would prevail.

i was at the plymouth 4-1 game and yes it was great fun
no lack of effort and guts but its still a cross between fantasy football and keystone cops

that earth pond was like a one woman wreacking machine when she appeared i watched the plymouth girls all freak out pointing at her needless to say she scored two hit the bar and two plymouth girls were sent off trying to stop her

biggest weakness usually is the keepers but looking at robinson foster green the mens arent much better

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

So you think womens football is poor? on 13:02 - Jun 19 with 1611 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Womens football is SH!T!! end of
So you think womens football is poor? on 13:25 - Jun 19 with 1585 viewsTacticalR

So you think womens football is poor? on 15:44 - Jun 18 by simmo

Neil can explain this far better and more succintly than me with his relevant experience but it is my understanding that due to the physical limitations of the womens game the emphasis is much more on the technique and indeed tactical side. The players are encouraged to play 'tica-taca' football much like we are encouraging our younger players to develop that area of their game.

Dont get me wrong the standard of what I have seen is pretty terrible generally but with popularity increasing and more money for the game Im sure that will improve and reach a fairly good level at some point.

Just dont have one commentating on MOTD and I'll be fine

There are parallels with the men's game. The Brazilian women's team is very skillful. As England went down against France you could hear Hope Powell screaming 'over the top' like a female Stuart Pearce. The Japanese women *had* to play football on the ground because the Swedish women are so much taller.

Air hostess clique

So you think womens football is poor? on 08:47 - Nov 26 with 1152 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/oxford-united-call-up-womens-team-midfielder-due-to-
So you think womens football is poor? on 09:06 - Nov 26 with 1102 viewsloftboy

So you think womens football is poor? on 08:47 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/oxford-united-call-up-womens-team-midfielder-due-to-

I didn’t think mixed teams over a certain age was allowed?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

So you think womens football is poor? on 09:28 - Nov 26 with 1055 viewstoboboly

So you think womens football is poor? on 08:47 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm fairly certain you can just start a new thread rather than dredging up one from 2012?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

So you think womens football is poor? on 10:42 - Nov 26 with 928 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So you think womens football is poor? on 09:28 - Nov 26 by toboboly

I'm fairly certain you can just start a new thread rather than dredging up one from 2012?

I'm fairly certain I don't know why you give a shit or what difference it makes. There are enough Women's football threads.
So you think womens football is poor? on 10:44 - Nov 26 with 927 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So you think womens football is poor? on 09:06 - Nov 26 by loftboy

I didn’t think mixed teams over a certain age was allowed?

Wasn't there an Italian team that called up a woman for a PR stunt? I think it was the one that Gaddafi part owned
So you think womens football is poor? on 10:50 - Nov 26 with 897 viewstoboboly

So you think womens football is poor? on 10:42 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm fairly certain I don't know why you give a shit or what difference it makes. There are enough Women's football threads.

What a genial pr!ck you are.

Exactly, there are a few threads this could easily have been added to rather than a 2012 one.

So you think womens football is poor? on 11:08 - Nov 26 with 869 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So you think womens football is poor? on 10:50 - Nov 26 by toboboly

What a genial pr!ck you are.

Exactly, there are a few threads this could easily have been added to rather than a 2012 one.

I don't know why you've got out the bed the wrong side this morning, but I hope your day improves.
So you think womens football is poor? on 11:10 - Nov 26 with 850 viewstoboboly

So you think womens football is poor? on 11:08 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't know why you've got out the bed the wrong side this morning, but I hope your day improves.

Right, this is you, cause a scene and act like it's everyone else. Very adult.

So you think womens football is poor? on 11:11 - Nov 26 with 860 viewsWatford_Ranger

So you think womens football is poor? on 10:44 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wasn't there an Italian team that called up a woman for a PR stunt? I think it was the one that Gaddafi part owned

Perugia.

Jay Bothroyd was there at the same time so I doubt the standard was all that.
So you think womens football is poor? on 11:52 - Nov 26 with 793 viewsMrSheen

So you think womens football is poor? on 11:11 - Nov 26 by Watford_Ranger

Perugia.

Jay Bothroyd was there at the same time so I doubt the standard was all that.

Harsh! I imagine Gaddafi's son lowered the playing standard more than JB did. He (JB, not Gaddafi junior) is still playing in the J-League first division at 39, 23 games this season (cough, cough) 1 goal.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 11:55]
So you think womens football is poor? on 14:13 - Nov 26 with 670 viewscharmr

Finally the club realized the QPR ladies team was going nowhere under the old regime now currently with Hounslow. It took them long enough. The standard was poor compared to today and no one wanted to play for that management. Neil SI couldn’t be further from the truth about the Ladles team. There was one player who could only kick the ball with her instep, they made her captain.

QPR community dept took over the girls side from volunteer QPR fans with Steve Quashie overseeing it with the help of good people and QPR supporters who worked in the community department. Football people with qualifications working on the development of players. The girls dept was supposed to develop players for the ladies team but that was never going to happen because who was running the ladies team. Steve earnt this gig with the Ladies and good luck to him.

I can see the QPR woman’s team playing in the top league one day. They are developing the younger players, enticing experienced ones and the club is fully behind it. Take Reading for example. Spurs and west hams teams were where we are not so long ago.

Incidentally Tracey Kevins was running Barnet Ladies and is now U20 US ladies national team coach. She could well be the head US womens coach one day. Her Dad is a Ranger.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 14:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024