Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Thanksgiving 03:10 - Nov 25 with 1487 viewsBoston

…US R’s. Busy one for myself and Mrs Boston, feeding of the 5,000! Fank gawd for Prosecco.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 3:12]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Happy Thanksgiving on 03:40 - Nov 25 with 1452 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Good one over here. Got engaged to the soon-to-be Mrs. EmpireStateRanger on Saturday, now in upstate New York with her and my parents, got to throw the Rs match on after work and celebrated both engagement and fourth place with some Cava. Feeling very thankful at the moment.
Happy Thanksgiving on 03:48 - Nov 25 with 1441 viewslightwaterhoop

Happy Thanksgiving on 03:40 - Nov 25 by EmpireStateRanger

Good one over here. Got engaged to the soon-to-be Mrs. EmpireStateRanger on Saturday, now in upstate New York with her and my parents, got to throw the Rs match on after work and celebrated both engagement and fourth place with some Cava. Feeling very thankful at the moment.

Congratulations and best wishes to both of you. How about a honeymoon in Shepherds Bush during the football season?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 12:10]
Happy Thanksgiving on 04:29 - Nov 25 with 1407 viewsB_Wad

Thank you Boston and wow, congratulations Empire. The Mrs and I are officially empty nester and kids not traveling until Christmas so a low key dinner, some American football and a day out in a marsh birdwatching. Thankful for Luke Amos.

Happy Thanksgiving US R's.
Happy Thanksgiving on 05:18 - Nov 25 with 1370 viewskarlski

Congratulations!

And happy holiday week to all other R’s on the west side of the pond.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 5:22]
Happy Thanksgiving on 06:26 - Nov 25 with 1351 viewsMalintabuk

Echo the same. Worked in the Middle East hence the name. And privileged to have met and befriended some good friends from the States.
Many years ago we went over to the States to said friends and had Thanksgiving with them. Not sure if it as changed, but was amazed that it wasn't television stereotyping, they really did, all the men sat and watch a days American Football, while the women folk prepared the dinner
Needless to say Mrs TinT advised myself not to get use to that for Christmas in Chez Tabuk
But it is a big thing and enjoy today to all Americans everywhere
Happy Thanksgiving on 06:55 - Nov 25 with 1321 viewsnix

Happy Thanksgiving to all our statesiders and many congratulations to you Empire. May you have many, many happy years together.
Happy Thanksgiving on 07:45 - Nov 25 with 1260 viewsBklynRanger

One of the best Thanksgivings I ever had was at a friend's family's house on Long Island. I got quite stoned in her cousin's car before the meal, which was a classic, multi-dish spread.

Afterwards the mum turns to me, the recent immigrant, and expectantly asks "So what did you think of the meal?" I replied it was excellent and "I'd give it a C+".

I then had to explain that where I came from our grading system is very different and a C+ is really quite a good score. She took it really well I must say. (Don't know why I didn't give it a B+ which would have made more sense - think it was the weed...). Years of fun, that comment provided.

Anyway, have a good one people.
Happy Thanksgiving on 08:19 - Nov 25 with 1225 viewsDaBurgh

Good on ya Empire. Congrats.
Always loved Thanksgiving as a kid/teenager.
Long weekend off school, Christmas just
around the corner. Football on the TV all day, usually a college game early afternoon, and
the pro's later on (normally featuring the Detroit
lions, for some unknown reason).
by the way when I was a kid Thanksgiving
was the third Thursday in the month.
Login to get fewer ads

Happy Thanksgiving on 10:29 - Nov 25 with 1146 viewsthame_hoops

Happy Thanksgiving on 08:19 - Nov 25 by DaBurgh

around the corner. Football on the TV all day, usually a college game early afternoon, and

Happy thanksgiving
Today will consist of ham, sweet potatoes with marshmallow, stuffing, cornbread and green bean casserole. Followed by the lions/bears then cowboys/raiders
Happy Thanksgiving on 10:42 - Nov 25 with 1130 viewsPunteR

Avagoodun y'all

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Happy Thanksgiving on 14:39 - Nov 25 with 1061 viewsfrancisbowles

Happy Thanksgiving on 08:19 - Nov 25 by DaBurgh

When did it change?

Also happy thanksgiving to all USRrrrrrs an congats to EmpireStateR
Happy Thanksgiving on 14:44 - Nov 25 with 1052 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Congrats to you both. Long life, health, happiness.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all the U.S.R's.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Happy Thanksgiving on 15:38 - Nov 25 with 1011 viewscharmr

Thanksgiving dinner adding Roast potatoes and Balson sausages, recommended to all US viewers.

https://www.balsonbutchers.com

Costco around St Patrick's day you can find them on the shelf.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 15:50]
Happy Thanksgiving on 15:42 - Nov 25 with 1009 viewsDaBurgh

Happy Thanksgiving on 14:39 - Nov 25 by francisbowles

When did it change?

Also happy thanksgiving to all USRrrrrrs an congats to EmpireStateR

Who knows? lots of stuff has changed since my exodus. The travelling foul in basketball for example, the designated hitter rule in baseball, and don't get me started on professional sports people taking part in the Olympics, I mean c'mon.
Happy Thanksgiving on 16:26 - Nov 25 with 978 viewsBoston

Happy Thanksgiving on 15:38 - Nov 25 by charmr

Thanksgiving dinner adding Roast potatoes and Balson sausages, recommended to all US viewers.

https://www.balsonbutchers.com

Costco around St Patrick's day you can find them on the shelf.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 15:50]

The roast potatoes always go over well with my American guests.

Happy Thanksgiving on 04:19 - Nov 26 with 872 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Happy Thanksgiving on 03:48 - Nov 25 by lightwaterhoop

Congratulations and best wishes to both of you. How about a honeymoon in Shepherds Bush during the football season?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 12:10]

New job allows remote work internationally four weeks a year, so working on turning the week of Feb when we get Hull and Blackpool at home into one of those. Hopefully have the fiancee join me for that. Haven't been back to the KPF since my only time in 2015, so getting back to Rangers is very, very high on the list.

Appreciate all of the well-wishes. Relatively traditional Tgiving spread with some additional esoteric sides (mushroom risotto that I made, swiss chard, etc.) A true feast.
Happy Thanksgiving on 13:46 - Nov 26 with 793 viewsBoston

I’m delighted to report the day went very well. Consumed much alcohol but no after effects. No complaints that mashed potatoes wasn’t on the menu. Congrats Empire.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024