Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The state of modern football 09:14 - Dec 19 with 1640 viewsdmm

Here's a good summary of the state of the game we love so much by the always excelllent Jonathan Wilson: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/dec/18/newcastle-v-manchester-cit

His final sentance is sad but true.
The state of modern football on 12:04 - Dec 19 with 1513 viewshantssi

Yep, sums it all up for me I’m afraid.
I’ll not be watching a minute of next years WC even if England make the final, it’ll be my 1 man protest that won’t make a jot of difference but it’ll make me feel better.
The state of modern football on 13:06 - Dec 19 with 1453 viewsEsox_Lucius

The state of modern football on 12:04 - Dec 19 by hantssi

Yep, sums it all up for me I’m afraid.
I’ll not be watching a minute of next years WC even if England make the final, it’ll be my 1 man protest that won’t make a jot of difference but it’ll make me feel better.

Make that 2. Not been interested in the WC since the corruption scandal and the awarding of a finals to Qatar.

The grass is always greener.

The state of modern football on 13:12 - Dec 19 with 1440 viewsstowmarketrange

The state of modern football on 13:06 - Dec 19 by Esox_Lucius

Make that 2. Not been interested in the WC since the corruption scandal and the awarding of a finals to Qatar.

Make that 3.I’ll go and watch my local non league clubs instead.
The state of modern football on 14:02 - Dec 19 with 1353 viewsBoston

The state of modern football on 13:12 - Dec 19 by stowmarketrange

Make that 3.I’ll go and watch my local non league clubs instead.

It's more fun.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The state of modern football on 17:58 - Dec 19 with 1201 viewsthemodfather

why is it fans and many in media KNOW the game is struggling yet prem league and sky sports think it's all wonderful?
i hate motd rarely watch it, they are too smug. many fans complain of ko times, picked for tv not travel or our convenience!
for me, the only options fans have are protests which can wreck a club or boycott.
why have dulwich hamlets, slaford and fc united gained popularity, even afc wimbledon? maybe cos not run by corporates or billy big balls!
The state of modern football on 18:42 - Dec 19 with 1143 viewskensalriser

The state of modern football on 17:58 - Dec 19 by themodfather

why is it fans and many in media KNOW the game is struggling yet prem league and sky sports think it's all wonderful?
i hate motd rarely watch it, they are too smug. many fans complain of ko times, picked for tv not travel or our convenience!
for me, the only options fans have are protests which can wreck a club or boycott.
why have dulwich hamlets, slaford and fc united gained popularity, even afc wimbledon? maybe cos not run by corporates or billy big balls!

They're also much cheaper and you can probably go at short notice.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The state of modern football on 19:01 - Dec 19 with 1097 viewscharmr

Blimey and thank you. I too am planning on not watching the World Cup and thought I was on my own.
The state of modern football on 11:37 - Dec 20 with 858 viewsozranger

And perhaps this will be a good result of it all..

Personally, I have little or no interest in the WC. However, I have been to two U17s and one U20s WCs and the lack of large crowds, the more relaxing atmosphere and the unpredictability of the scores made those so much better to watch. It is like the above twitter, the non-league is taking advantage of the mess at the top.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024