Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report 13:13 - Jan 3 with 4215 viewsNorthernr

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report 3rd Jan 2022 13:08
Not exactly one for the purists, but more brilliance from Chris Willock was enough to get QPR over the line for a fourth away win in five trips and move them back into the play-off places at Birmingham on Sunday. 8

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 13:39 - Jan 3 with 4085 viewsPinnerPaul

Some funny lines in there.

No idea why but "Other letters are available" made me laugh out loud.

Presumably HSE HAVE inspected the ground, which is why parts of it are closed, but the way football clubs (and the EFL) are run, that's probably a naïve assumption, so your last point is very pertinent.

Lets all hope that you don't have to get the "I told you so T shirt" out regarding that down the line.
Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 13:40 - Jan 3 with 4084 viewsNorthernr

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 13:39 - Jan 3 by PinnerPaul

Some funny lines in there.

No idea why but "Other letters are available" made me laugh out loud.

Presumably HSE HAVE inspected the ground, which is why parts of it are closed, but the way football clubs (and the EFL) are run, that's probably a naïve assumption, so your last point is very pertinent.

Lets all hope that you don't have to get the "I told you so T shirt" out regarding that down the line.

I just don't get how the back half, the higher up half, is ok but the front half isn't. Not pretending to be a structural engineer but it seems counter intuitive doesn't it?
Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 13:44 - Jan 3 with 4059 viewsPinnerPaul

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 13:40 - Jan 3 by Northernr

I just don't get how the back half, the higher up half, is ok but the front half isn't. Not pretending to be a structural engineer but it seems counter intuitive doesn't it?

It does to me as well, but as Mrs Pinner will tell you, not really my area!!!!!!
Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 14:24 - Jan 3 with 3852 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Guys, check the reports or I’m going to point at Pete again."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 20:16 - Jan 3 with 2926 viewsGloryHunter

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 13:40 - Jan 3 by Northernr

From the limited amount of info on the interweb, it sounds like it is not concrete rot, it is steel beam corrosion (although concrete decay is also usually caused by corrosion of the steel reinforcing bars).

St Andrews being an old stadium, maybe the lower tiers are older, with the upper tiers being later add-ons?

Whatever, a corroding old football ground is not a cheap or easy thing to fix.
Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 21:49 - Jan 3 with 2713 viewsTacticalR

'But such is the scale and importance of the repairs, full re-opening of both tiers of the two stands could still be months away. Further delays seem inevitable since then CEO Xuandong Ren initially delayed work to look in vain into potentially claiming on insurance or suing the builders Taylor Woodrow. Mirror Sport also understands Ren told worried colleagues not to panic as the club may yet build a new stadium.

But all those options seem either deluded or extremely long shots, not least as the stands were opened nearly 30 years ago in 1994 under then owners David Sullivan and David Gold.

Astonishingly, rubble and debris under the stands, known as spoil, still remains from the original build which has masked issues in the lower tiers and proved a sting in the tail as constructors the Buckingham Group got to work.'

Birmingham City stadium fiasco: Inside St Andrew's saga (18 Aug 2021)
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/birmingham-city-st-andrews-stadium-

Air hostess clique

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 23:12 - Jan 3 with 2526 viewsGloryHunter

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 21:49 - Jan 3 by TacticalR

'But such is the scale and importance of the repairs, full re-opening of both tiers of the two stands could still be months away. Further delays seem inevitable since then CEO Xuandong Ren initially delayed work to look in vain into potentially claiming on insurance or suing the builders Taylor Woodrow. Mirror Sport also understands Ren told worried colleagues not to panic as the club may yet build a new stadium.

But all those options seem either deluded or extremely long shots, not least as the stands were opened nearly 30 years ago in 1994 under then owners David Sullivan and David Gold.

Astonishingly, rubble and debris under the stands, known as spoil, still remains from the original build which has masked issues in the lower tiers and proved a sting in the tail as constructors the Buckingham Group got to work.'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/birmingham-city-st-andrews-stadium-

So Birmingham City FC have a full repairing lease on the stadium from Birmingham City Stadium Limited. Which is owned by who?

Thank God QPR have avoided that particular bear trap - although more by luck than judgement, given our history.
Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 23:46 - Jan 3 with 2457 viewsNorthernr

I'd make you a small bet it's all still closed when we're there next time.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 09:42 - Jan 4 with 2065 viewstoboboly

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 23:46 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Dunno, that might be a fair few years away.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 09:57 - Jan 4 with 2042 viewsTheChef

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 21:49 - Jan 3 by TacticalR

Is there a suggestion here that Sullivan and Gold did things on the cheap?

Shurely shome mishtake?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 10:37 - Jan 4 with 1978 viewsTacticalR

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 09:57 - Jan 4 by TheChef

Is there a suggestion here that Sullivan and Gold did things on the cheap?

Shurely shome mishtake?

Quite possibly.

It's not super clear from the article whether the rubble 'from the original build' is from the development in 1994 or left over from when the ground was originally built in 1906.

This is a link to a photo of the development in 1994:
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/revedelopment-work-under-way-at-st-andrews-

As to Northernr's question about why the lower part is closed and the top part is open, as GloryHunter suggested perhaps the top part is supported by steel (even if corroded) while the bottom part is not supported sufficiently?

Air hostess clique

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 10:48 - Jan 4 with 1947 viewsTheChef

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 10:37 - Jan 4 by TacticalR

Quite possibly.

It's not super clear from the article whether the rubble 'from the original build' is from the development in 1994 or left over from when the ground was originally built in 1906.

This is a link to a photo of the development in 1994:
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/revedelopment-work-under-way-at-st-andrews-

As to Northernr's question about why the lower part is closed and the top part is open, as GloryHunter suggested perhaps the top part is supported by steel (even if corroded) while the bottom part is not supported sufficiently?

Ah, love the photos of old football grounds. What was the Ansells clock in the corner there, with the old Railway End stand.

I had the pleasure of going in the top tier of that when Birmingham hosted Millwall in 1995 - someone had the bright idea of putting Millwall in the lower tier and home fans in the top tier, you can imagine how well that worked out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 12:54 - Jan 4 with 1761 viewssouthbrookstreet

Willock brilliance brings QPR home on the road again - Report on 23:46 - Jan 3 by Northernr

reopening depends on whether disinfection sterilization process etc is competed.. if you remember Coventry played there last season... just a thought
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024