Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility 17:55 - Mar 20 with 6535 viewsnumptydumpty

Think It's beyond us now.

Today home to bottom team was a must win.

Only three home games, one against Fulham and most games against better performing teams..

Would love it even now but sadly can't see how it could be possible !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 17:56 - Mar 20 with 3959 viewsDamo1962

I'm more concerned we may even lose to Derby.
Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 18:05 - Mar 20 with 3902 viewsParkRoyalR

No, I still believe our best starting 11 can win enough games to challenge, just reliant on Willock and a fully fit Dykes being available for run-in (plus Barbet + Johnson being back to their best form).
Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:06 - Mar 20 with 3698 viewsToast_R

Put it this way, if we were in this position last season we'd be very excited and full of belief. It ain't over til the fat lady sings and all that pony. Two weeks now to sort this sh*t out. Time to get shouty Al's Any Given Sunday speech back on the big screen.

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:10 - Mar 20 with 3677 viewsStanisgod

I'll have some of what this lot are on 🤯🤯

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:12 - Mar 20 with 3674 viewsLythamR

Never Give Up

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:14 - Mar 20 with 3668 viewsitsbiga

Hopeful, but I’m not putting any money on it.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:20 - Mar 20 with 3618 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

No not given up but we've made it hard for ourselves.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:21 - Mar 20 with 3612 viewsqprxtc

I’ve given up on Hattie Jaques as a possibility.
Login to get fewer ads

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:23 - Mar 20 with 3599 viewsted_hendrix

Not a chance.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:25 - Mar 20 with 3589 viewswombat

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:21 - Mar 20 by qprxtc

I’ve given up on Hattie Jaques as a possibility.

Hate to say it not a chance , willock looks like he’s out for longer than they hoped according to Dave Mc earlier , dykes with what ever injury it is this week , and sorry a manager who’s lost the plot when it comes to subs in recent weeks , 10th for me at best

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:37 - Mar 20 with 3536 viewsjohncharles

How did Peterborough approach today’s game, bottom of the table against one of the play off contenders ?
We can still make it

Strong and stable my arse.

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 22:09 - Mar 20 with 3426 viewsdaveB

I think it's unlikely given recent form, let be honest we haven't put 2 good performances together all season but have managed to keep picking up results.

I think the last 2 home games have finished us off
Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 22:25 - Mar 20 with 3375 viewsSydneyRs

Yes, its over. Even top half is looking iffy now.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 22:26]
Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 22:26 - Mar 20 with 3363 viewsbosh67

The killer thing is we will probably beat Fulham and Sheffield United twice and somehow lose out with the play-offs on goal difference... to Luton! That would be so us.

I personally think we will pick up form, which is currently relegation let's face it but I think the wholesale injury losses over the last few months to key positions has really done us in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 22:33 - Mar 20 with 3325 viewsHoopsie

Seems fair to say there’s still a bit of positivity amongst fans here not given up on the playoffs

But it appears more so the team has given up

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 22:39 - Mar 20 with 3305 viewsCamberleyR

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 22:26 - Mar 20 by bosh67

The killer thing is we will probably beat Fulham and Sheffield United twice and somehow lose out with the play-offs on goal difference... to Luton! That would be so us.

I personally think we will pick up form, which is currently relegation let's face it but I think the wholesale injury losses over the last few months to key positions has really done us in.

I think we'll look back on Dieng getting crocked by that dog Gallagher at Blackburn as one of the key moments when we look back on this season should it end in disappointment. For any aspiring team, goalkeeper is such a crucial position.

With him completing that game I don't think we'd have lost and I think we'd also have more than the three points from twelve since he's been injured. Sadly, I think that injury has done him for the season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 22:41 - Mar 20 with 3301 viewsactonman

Tbh , looking at our recent form and results , even if we beat Peterborough today , we would struggle to maintain our selfs in the top 6 although it would have given us a fking cat in hells chance !
Let’s be honest, we are not beating Fulham even at our best this season, Sheff Utd and Huddersfield are hungry for play offs , maybe get a couple of results against Derby stoke or Swansea but 4 points at most from those 3 maybe another point from Sheff Utd at home , lets be optimistic .... 10 points at the very most from now til the end of season will have us about where we finished last term about 9th but I can’t see us getting another10 points either way .
Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 22:53 - Mar 20 with 3273 viewsted_hendrix

Tuesday 5th April away to Sheff Utd.
Saturday 9th April away to PNE.
Friday 15th April away to Huddersfield.

A ten day very difficult on the road fixture list, yet another reason we simply had to win today.

We've had so many chances against so called struggling teams to consolidate our position in the PO places and shagged everyone of them.

How can anyone seriously think we can still make the PO's?

I make no apologies for being so bloody negative either.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 00:39 - Mar 21 with 3161 viewsDamo1962

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 21:37 - Mar 20 by johncharles

How did Peterborough approach today’s game, bottom of the table against one of the play off contenders ?
We can still make it

But will we? Precious little evidence of it that I can see. We may mange another four points this season if we start applying ourselves again. And don't start blaming whingeing supporters - even the manager is at a loss to explain this nose dive in performance levels.
Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 06:37 - Mar 21 with 2982 viewsTonto

Not gonna give up until its mathematically impossible but on current form its not looking likely or even close.

But its been a good season a fun season. To even be in the mix is a big step up from last year.

My worry is next season. We need to get out of this funk. A bad start to next season and this message board will explode with Warburton out threads.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 07:10 - Mar 21 with 2917 viewskropotkin41

I would guess, a guess mind you, that we're not getting many more points this season. I think the most important consideration is how this might impact the start of next season, and who our manager might be. I'm looking forward, with some anxiety now, to August. Trying to pretend we're already past 7th May.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 7:10]

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 07:16 - Mar 21 with 2901 viewsdmm

I have lost hope we'll make the playoffs.

No doubt there are more twists and turns to come but with 8 games to go, a good 15/16 points needed to make 6th, very tough games coming up and our present dreadful form, I simply can't see it happening.

I'm 100% with Warburton though and there's always next season...
Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 07:34 - Mar 21 with 2868 viewsPaddyhoops

We've been stuck in the 50's now for over a month and a half now. Everything points to no play off place.
However at the moment it's like 7 bald men fighting over a comb in relation to the four spots up for grabs.
With Dieng, willock and Dykes fit for the last 7 or so games. Get Barbet back, stick Dunne in the middle again and FFS MOVE the ball quicker. We may have a chance.
Lots of ifs and buts however stranger things have happened.
Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 07:39 - Mar 21 with 2835 viewsQPROslo

Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 18:05 - Mar 20 by ParkRoyalR

No, I still believe our best starting 11 can win enough games to challenge, just reliant on Willock and a fully fit Dykes being available for run-in (plus Barbet + Johnson being back to their best form).

Read on WLS today that the scan on Willock showed his hamstring injury is worse than thought. Sounds like he will miss games, which just about eliminates the bit of optimism I had left of a top 6 finish. Chair isn't doing his job.
Has everyone given up on the play offs as a possibility on 08:07 - Mar 21 with 2753 viewsstevec

Tactically we’ve degenerated into an absolute mess.

I am starting to think ‘management’ wasn’t on the bench, it was on the pitch, in the hands of old pros Johansen, Wallace, Austin and Albert. As their ability to last the season out disappears we have become a rabble on the park.

Dunne was particularly good at talking to his defence, needed big time in a centre back, so MW switches him out left and puts the quietest man in football in his position.

The last straw was watching six of our players chasing down a forward on our left like the fckin keystone cops.

My worry is not so much the play offs but where we are heading next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024