Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. 22:14 - Nov 8 with 9238 viewsextratimeR

I don't have any problems with Mike Beale but don't give me any excuses tonight Mike for not getting a result against Huddersfield.

Salter Peters is not being selected on ability, his first half performance lacked leadership.

Nobody attacking the ball from either of the two Central Defenders?

I think we really fortunate to have a Coach of your quality at the club, but tonight was not god enough.
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 22:17 - Nov 8 with 4924 viewsstainrods_elbow

So maybe we're not that 'fortunate' after all!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 22:21 - Nov 8 with 4865 viewsenfieldargh

Mick Beale
Jake clark-Salter

Frustrating, poor balls into the box, slow build up.

We all knew we would loose to 23rd & 24th. New manager different players same old same old

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 22:23 - Nov 8 with 4826 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I'd agree with that. The last couple of matches have been no different to when Warburton was managing us at the end of last season. I really don't understand playing with one striker at home to the bottom club. Where was Armstrong tonight? The defending for their goals would embarrass a pub team.
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 22:27 - Nov 8 with 4802 viewsAntti_Heinola

Immensely frustrating but criticism from some a bit OTT. 80% of the game was played in their half. Even City struggle to break teams down when they line 10 behind the ball like that. Poor finishing or poor crossing not mick’s fault particularly.

Bare bones.

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 22:36 - Nov 8 with 4686 viewsessextaxiboy

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 22:27 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

Immensely frustrating but criticism from some a bit OTT. 80% of the game was played in their half. Even City struggle to break teams down when they line 10 behind the ball like that. Poor finishing or poor crossing not mick’s fault particularly.

If you are losing to the bottom team on your own pitch , how do we expect them to play ? instead of coaching sessions ‘playing out ‘ how about some on breaking teams down . It’s ok having a whizz bang coach but adapting in games is part of managing the team and IIMO he has been wanting a few times this season .
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 22:40 - Nov 8 with 4643 viewsHAYESBOY

Not sure what to add.
Dieng poor for the second goal. First goal falls to their player. no one near him.
We have 36 efforts and only 6 on target. Too many long shots when recycling the ball was needed. 72 percent possession.
It was basically daylight robbery on a par with that Bristol City game.

The break now cannot come quick enough for us to reset.

Smells like a trout farm in here

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 22:48 - Nov 8 with 4572 viewsted_hendrix

14 corners tonight must be some sort of a record, all after Dykes goal in the 2nd minute.

We must do better from set pieces surely? we have a set Piece coach.

We must do better in front and around the Oppo's goalmouth.

No good going away and thinking It will all come right.

It won't.

Today wasn't another 'one of those day's'
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 22:49]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:01 - Nov 8 with 4479 viewsBostonR

It’s the lack of game management by the whole set-up at the club.

When Sexton and Venables managed this club we could play and we were a tough nut to crack. See Masson for Chair, but Masson could put it about - a real class act. Gregory took no prisoners in the Venables team. Since then (I’ve been watching for over 50 years) we have become a nice club who will win nothing. FA Cup runners up/Milk Cup runners up………..

We won’t go up - more than likely struggle.
We’re a nice club going no-where. Bollocks to it all!
Login to get fewer ads

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:05 - Nov 8 with 4444 viewskensalriser

Talking of set pieces, how many is that conceded from them recently? Feels like every goal for the last half dozen games, most of them embarrassingly amateurish. We need a defensive set piece coach.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:06 - Nov 8 with 4410 viewsBucksRanger

We lacked three things tonight.

A Clint Hill, a Shaun Derry and a Danny Shittu.
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:11 - Nov 8 with 4384 viewsNortholt_Rs

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:06 - Nov 8 by BucksRanger

We lacked three things tonight.

A Clint Hill, a Shaun Derry and a Danny Shittu.

And a pair of bollox

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:16 - Nov 8 with 4349 viewsted_hendrix

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:05 - Nov 8 by kensalriser

Talking of set pieces, how many is that conceded from them recently? Feels like every goal for the last half dozen games, most of them embarrassingly amateurish. We need a defensive set piece coach.

Unless I'm mistaken I thought we employed a defensive coach at the start of the season?

We could also use a striker coach too, and a coach to learn our players how to work around a packed defence, and a coach who could teach our players how to calm down a wee bit when chasing the game.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:21 - Nov 8 with 4324 viewsngbqpr

To be fair, he makes no excuses at all in his post-match. In fact he makes a big thing of it, and says he and the team must do better.

We only have 2 or 3 going to the WC, and barring disaster at Cov, will go into the break with pretty much everyone fit.

Think we’ll learn a lot more about Beale / this squad after that break.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:26 - Nov 8 with 4282 viewsdaveB

i thought he was spot on after the game, dreadful defending from set pieces and they put bodies on the line to stop us and did. So annoying, I've run out of swear words
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:29 - Nov 8 with 4255 viewsstevec

Huddersfield looked like a tailed off team at the bottom of the league, a really poor side, and yet we still gifted the game to them.

Haven’t seen the goals back yet but we won both first balls on the free kicks and still conceded. Tim seemed to have his back to the ball on the second.

The Adomah situation was farcical. He shouldn’t be starting, he has lost a bit of pace so only snatches at getting crosses over. Basically made one of our best players, Laird, redundant and whilst I was assuming Albert would eventually be taken off, Beale takes off Laird instead. To cap it all he then took off Albert and stuck Shodipo out there who seemed to fill in at right back! a total mess.

There’s too many players happy passing it about but none of them willing to take a risk, make a run. It’s becoming far too predictable.
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:30 - Nov 8 with 4252 viewsdmm

Yes, I think Beale will have pulled out the hairdryer tonight, and rightly so.

The WC break comes at an opportune time and the good news is the first game after that is against the team at the top of the league and not the bottom. That's a relief.
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:37 - Nov 8 with 4207 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I thought he (Salter Clarke) was good tonight 🤷‍♂️
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 23:40]
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:40 - Nov 8 with 4183 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:29 - Nov 8 by stevec

Huddersfield looked like a tailed off team at the bottom of the league, a really poor side, and yet we still gifted the game to them.

Haven’t seen the goals back yet but we won both first balls on the free kicks and still conceded. Tim seemed to have his back to the ball on the second.

The Adomah situation was farcical. He shouldn’t be starting, he has lost a bit of pace so only snatches at getting crosses over. Basically made one of our best players, Laird, redundant and whilst I was assuming Albert would eventually be taken off, Beale takes off Laird instead. To cap it all he then took off Albert and stuck Shodipo out there who seemed to fill in at right back! a total mess.

There’s too many players happy passing it about but none of them willing to take a risk, make a run. It’s becoming far too predictable.

Opinions eh.

I though Chair and Andomah were our only viable outlets all game, and taking either of them off would have worsened a already bad situation. Not sure who would have come on for them from the bench tonight.

Willock had a unusually quite game.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 23:45]
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:40 - Nov 8 with 4187 viewsgobbles

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 22:27 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

The biggest problem going forward was the constantly slow build-up. When they did get the ball wide to Adomah or Paal, it took so long getting there that they were double-teamed (particularly Adomah) and they had packed the box.
Someone needs to have a word with Chair too. Every game right now, he seems to want to just try and take the entire team on rather than pass the ball. Obviously his dead ball play was dreadful too.
Obviously defending was a shambles for the two goals, but that's not to take away from Dieng's appalling effort for the second. That was the sort of mistake you expect from Rob Green.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 0:03]
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:45 - Nov 8 with 4142 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

71% Possession and 36 Shots.

Like you say, how do you manage poor finishing?
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:56 - Nov 8 with 4076 viewsngbqpr

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:40 - Nov 8 by gobbles

The biggest problem going forward was the constantly slow build-up. When they did get the ball wide to Adomah or Paal, it took so long getting there that they were double-teamed (particularly Adomah) and they had packed the box.
Someone needs to have a word with Chair too. Every game right now, he seems to want to just try and take the entire team on rather than pass the ball. Obviously his dead ball play was dreadful too.
Obviously defending was a shambles for the two goals, but that's not to take away from Dieng's appalling effort for the second. That was the sort of mistake you expect from Rob Green.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 0:03]

That’s very harsh on both Chair & Dieng imho.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:58 - Nov 8 with 4066 viewsplasmahoop

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:45 - Nov 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

71% Possession and 36 Shots.

Like you say, how do you manage poor finishing?

I agree with you that adomah was decent. Chair was good until he got near the box then he either shot over, or over hit the cross or ran into trouble. I think it's just stuff to be practiced, breaking down a packed defence. Play for luck, cross the ball midriff height, get it flying round the box like a pinball machine.
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 00:06 - Nov 9 with 4027 viewsgobbles

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:29 - Nov 8 by stevec

I thought Adomah was one of our better players, certainly his crossing was a big step up on what Paal and Bard managed. The problem was the amount of time we took to get the ball wide, which meant they were constantly closed down.
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 00:13 - Nov 9 with 3986 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:58 - Nov 8 by plasmahoop

I agree with you that adomah was decent. Chair was good until he got near the box then he either shot over, or over hit the cross or ran into trouble. I think it's just stuff to be practiced, breaking down a packed defence. Play for luck, cross the ball midriff height, get it flying round the box like a pinball machine.

I don’t think Adomah was decent or Chair but I take your point.

Just looked to like untypical bad nights for them both in terms of delivery and finishing. But the question that need to be answers is if not them then who? No good keying our own car ™️ like some have tonight.

I just thought we was naive tonight and didn’t realise they were parking the bus until it was too late.

I don’t think Bonne is as bad as some make out but he wasn’t the lock to unpick that door today. Sinclair would have been (is he injured?).

Their handsy defending would have brought him down in the box eventually like it should have with Dykes on multiple occasions. They wouldn’t have handled both very well.

That said, I trust whatever reason Beale has for his exclusion.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 0:23]
No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 00:44 - Nov 9 with 3909 viewsgobbles

No Excuses Mike- Huddersfield were a poor side. on 23:56 - Nov 8 by ngbqpr

That’s very harsh on both Chair & Dieng imho.

Let's not forget the sitter Chair missed too when he pushed Tim I out of the way and miskicked it in front of goal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024