Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diakite 11:24 - Jan 9 with 1537 viewshoopstilidie

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere but I haven't been able to see it.

Some outlets yesterday were speculating that we were willing to use him as a makeweight in a deal for Yann M'Vila.

I hope there's no basis in fact with that. I really think he has an awful lot to offer as a player.

I was surprised at how well he even took on the role pretty much of right wing recently.

I like M'Vila but I'd prefer to have both rather than an either/or to be honest.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Diakite on 11:52 - Jan 9 with 1233 viewsToast_R

Diakite has been a big big disappointment this season.

Wasn't ready when the season began and when he arrived that West Ham red seemed to have zapped all his edge.

Hoping the ACON re-ignites him because end of last season (before he went missing again), he looked the bollocks.
Diakite on 12:08 - Jan 9 with 1181 viewsWokingR

I spent the summer telling anyone who would listen that he would become bigger and better and YaYa Toure.
He hasn't even been a patch on last year let alone shown the sort of continued improvement we all hoped for
Diakite on 12:12 - Jan 9 with 1152 viewsJamie

M'Vila turned us & Zenit down.

If he ends up joining it will be because he has no other options.
Diakite on 12:13 - Jan 9 with 1143 viewsdaveB

another one who was brilliant until he got his big contract and has been crap ever since
Diakite on 12:14 - Jan 9 with 1139 viewsNorthernr

My tip for POTY at the start of the year but a disappointment so far. He needs a lot of work doing to him on many facets of his game - fitness, discipline, decision making, touch, passing. He's tremendously raw and naive. Plays like some 16/17 year old kid who has developed faster than everybody else and been thrust into a man's game. Also looks heavier and sluggish than he did last season.

But then to go back to the point of the OP, this comes back to my desire for QPR to stop looking for solutions in the transfer market on a constant basis and start developing and working with what they already have.
Diakite on 12:37 - Jan 9 with 1062 viewsM40R

I agree that we should stick with him and build him up. The Arsenal game last year showed that he can deliver. What I like about him is that he can run effectively with the ball rather than rely on passing to beat the man and open up space. I've noticed that in the prem this seems to unsettle teams more than you would expect. One reason why Mackie's head down approach has been successful.
Diakite on 12:56 - Jan 9 with 1000 viewsRanger78

I agree that Diakite potentially has a big future but he has been a big disapointment this season.

I would still like him to stay but I have to say that M'villa is on a different level. I think he is real top quality so would be very happy if he came in, even if Diakite left.

I would however be amazed if we got him
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Diakite on 12:57 - Jan 9 with 990 viewsJamie

Diakite on 12:14 - Jan 9 by Northernr

My tip for POTY at the start of the year but a disappointment so far. He needs a lot of work doing to him on many facets of his game - fitness, discipline, decision making, touch, passing. He's tremendously raw and naive. Plays like some 16/17 year old kid who has developed faster than everybody else and been thrust into a man's game. Also looks heavier and sluggish than he did last season.

But then to go back to the point of the OP, this comes back to my desire for QPR to stop looking for solutions in the transfer market on a constant basis and start developing and working with what they already have.

In fairness he was a plumber 3 years ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Diakite on 13:11 - Jan 9 with 927 viewsToast_R

Diakite on 12:57 - Jan 9 by Jamie

In fairness he was a plumber 3 years ago.

Now he's just a plumper...
Diakite on 13:38 - Jan 9 with 859 viewsFDC

Diakite on 12:08 - Jan 9 by WokingR

I spent the summer telling anyone who would listen that he would become bigger and better and YaYa Toure.
He hasn't even been a patch on last year let alone shown the sort of continued improvement we all hoped for

Yeah me too, feel a right plonker now.

Agree with Clive though, and it's especially the case with Diakite who clearly has the potential and the time to develop,
Diakite on 13:56 - Jan 9 with 816 viewsJonDoeman

The new Viera?

It Is What It Is !!

Diakite on 14:05 - Jan 9 with 774 viewsbaz_qpr

Exactly he's barely had 50 games at a professional level. I think their is a potentially great player there but he is one who needs coaching and development and IMHO is worth investing time and energy in
Diakite on 14:26 - Jan 9 with 740 viewsTacticalR

Played well at the end of last season, then there were the mysterious 'personal issues'.

Air hostess clique

Diakite on 14:34 - Jan 9 with 717 viewsTHEBUSH

I'm surprised no one has mentioned he has improved one aspect of his game and that's his tackling.
He doesn't throw himself into tackles anymore, although that has sort of changed his style of play and for me his game has suffered a bit !!
Along those lines then, he should get better the more he plays and adjust to the English game/referees.
Diakite on 15:05 - Jan 9 with 666 viewsBklynRanger

I don't understand why we'd be bothering to spend money on M'Vila. It seems like a luxury signing at a time when we should be doing the opposite. We've got enough midfielders of quality to get us through. CB and CF FFS - deja vu....
Diakite on 15:10 - Jan 9 with 651 viewsadhoc_qpr

Diakite's been one of the biggest disappointments in a very bad season - dire performances in the main, stupid red card again and currently looks on course to be a complete flop/washout.
Diakite on 15:21 - Jan 9 with 631 viewscjc

I hope its not true. He is a rough diamond.

We need to build on what we have got and weed out the fellas who are not performing because of lack of effort and he doesn´t fall into that category.

If we can get a young striker and an experienced central defender in, I would be happy with that but lets not get silly.

Signings like Gallas will be good for all the French speaking lads, his experience and passion will rub off on them, so I hope Arry can do his magic.

Buying more ´stars` will not get us out of the mire we are in, but having a team of battlers who want to fight for each other just might and the only way to do that is to have a consistent team.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Diakite on 15:25 - Jan 9 with 613 viewssevenhoop

Diakite on 12:14 - Jan 9 by Northernr

the one thing he is not, is a "holding midfield player". He disappaers and has no positional sense to play that role. I reckon he could do a job beind the front one/two and be encouraged to run at players, easily his best attribute. But, this season, he is luxury we cannot afford anywhere on the pitch
Diakite on 15:26 - Jan 9 with 610 viewsrobith

Diakite on 12:37 - Jan 9 by M40R

I agree that we should stick with him and build him up. The Arsenal game last year showed that he can deliver. What I like about him is that he can run effectively with the ball rather than rely on passing to beat the man and open up space. I've noticed that in the prem this seems to unsettle teams more than you would expect. One reason why Mackie's head down approach has been successful.

It's actually crazy -there have been times when Diakite/Mackie/Mbia have made forward runs down the pitch with the ball and I've seen the oppo players look at each other like "What.....the....hell are they doing?!"
Diakite on 16:05 - Jan 9 with 544 viewsrsonist

Despite his natural talent Diakite needs serious work invested in him on the training ground. Ultimately possibly too much sadly. At the age of 23 he's still more naive than most 18 year olds making their debuts.
Diakite on 16:07 - Jan 9 with 537 viewsrsonist

Wonder if anyone can name a nuttier midfield partnership than Mbia and Diakite. I'm certainly stumped.
Diakite on 16:22 - Jan 9 with 514 viewsJamie

Diakite on 16:05 - Jan 9 by rsonist

Despite his natural talent Diakite needs serious work invested in him on the training ground. Ultimately possibly too much sadly. At the age of 23 he's still more naive than most 18 year olds making their debuts.

That's because he didn't come through a clubs academy. He was a plumber playing amateur football on the weekends until he was 20.
Diakite on 16:27 - Jan 9 with 501 viewsTacticalR

Diakite on 15:26 - Jan 9 by robith

It's actually crazy -there have been times when Diakite/Mackie/Mbia have made forward runs down the pitch with the ball and I've seen the oppo players look at each other like "What.....the....hell are they doing?!"

I wonder if we have too many players who would rather carry the ball than pass. I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, I'm just wondering if they do it too often. I think that's one of the reasons that teams that played a more simple short passing game, like Reading and Southampton, beat us.

Air hostess clique

Diakite on 16:52 - Jan 9 with 447 viewsrsonist

Diakite on 16:22 - Jan 9 by Jamie

That's because he didn't come through a clubs academy. He was a plumber playing amateur football on the weekends until he was 20.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/allsport/2012/01/30/exclusive-qpr-

Do you have another source for that info other than this article? (I can't find another). Because if not then you've rather overstated it.
Diakite on 17:31 - Jan 9 with 381 viewsJamie

Diakite on 16:52 - Jan 9 by rsonist

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/allsport/2012/01/30/exclusive-qpr-

Do you have another source for that info other than this article? (I can't find another). Because if not then you've rather overstated it.

Not sure what further information you want, he signed his first ever pro contract in Dec 09, four weeks before his 21st birthday. Until then he was playing regional football for Le Bourget, Torcy and then Valenciennes & Nancy Amateur whilst working as a plumber.

Article on Nancy's website from when he signed his first deal saying his plumbing studies were affected by him travelling to play football:
http://www.asnl.net/58/toute_l_actualite/actualites/fiche/53
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024