Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? 03:20 - Aug 28 with 1331 viewsDylanP

Seriously, we have these apparently talented young players, who impress whenever anyone gets to see them. But instead we play space-fillers like Zamora and SWP week in, week out. WHY????

Zamora has played 5 games so far and scored no goals and had no assists. SWP has played in all 6 games so far this season and has no goals and no assists. In contrast, Hitchcock has had approx 10 minutes of playing time and already has a goal to his name. When Shariff came on he added energy and a real edge.

Why is 'arry perervering with space-fillers like Zamora and SWP and leaving Hitchcock, Shariff and the other young hopefuls languishing on the bench??? It is killin me!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 07:12 - Aug 28 with 1267 viewsShotKneesHoop

Because there's no money in it for 'Arry to pick juniors. They aren't triffick players if there's no loot involved in a transfer. He'd rather have wasters in the shop window to get his percentage when they are sold or loaned out to Wonga FC.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 07:20 - Aug 28 with 1259 viewsLoft1979

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 07:12 - Aug 28 by ShotKneesHoop

Because there's no money in it for 'Arry to pick juniors. They aren't triffick players if there's no loot involved in a transfer. He'd rather have wasters in the shop window to get his percentage when they are sold or loaned out to Wonga FC.

Answer - take advantage. I would say mo sharif will be in the team as early as this weekend.
What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 07:27 - Aug 28 with 1250 viewsbosh67

Last night was a great chance missed to put in the youngsters.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 08:16 - Aug 28 with 1217 viewsNeil_SI

For me, the reason is actually pretty straightforward and simple. The youngsters aren't good enough at this moment of time, nothing more, nothing less.

The question is more about whether it's logical to still play them, to increase their experience and their value, or to model the club on being one that is going to afford opportunities to its kids no matter what, which is also a philosophy that's worth considering if you want a certain culture at the club over a longer period of time, as it has to start somewhere.

Harry Redknapp will have known a lot of those players from his days at Tottenham, so he knew this match may not be easy for us. I mean, if you look at it another way, we had four England internationals feature in Andy Johnson, Jermaine Jenas, Bobby Zamora and Shaun Wright-Phillips and another on the bench in Luke Young. So he went with plenty of experience to try and deal with this and it still wasn't enough.

I'd like to have seen at least one of them in the side, if not two. I think giving them a chance is important, or at the very least, some of them 20-30 minutes minimum. But I think there's a question mark there on how far our current batch of kids can go, perhaps with the majority of them looking at League One or League Two at best. It was the same story after we were relegated last season, we didn't play any of them and the only reason we didn't must have been because we didn't think they were good enough.
What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 09:04 - Aug 28 with 1155 viewshoopstilidie

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 07:12 - Aug 28 by ShotKneesHoop

Do you seriously believe this shite???

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 09:35 - Aug 28 with 1103 viewsJonDoeman

It's a good thing that Bob played last night, provides further proof to the powers that be that he needs replacing. It is sad to see him limping onto the pitch , never mind off it!

It Is What It Is !!

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 13:35 - Aug 28 with 1009 viewsderbyhoop

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 08:16 - Aug 28 by Neil_SI

For me, the reason is actually pretty straightforward and simple. The youngsters aren't good enough at this moment of time, nothing more, nothing less.

The question is more about whether it's logical to still play them, to increase their experience and their value, or to model the club on being one that is going to afford opportunities to its kids no matter what, which is also a philosophy that's worth considering if you want a certain culture at the club over a longer period of time, as it has to start somewhere.

Harry Redknapp will have known a lot of those players from his days at Tottenham, so he knew this match may not be easy for us. I mean, if you look at it another way, we had four England internationals feature in Andy Johnson, Jermaine Jenas, Bobby Zamora and Shaun Wright-Phillips and another on the bench in Luke Young. So he went with plenty of experience to try and deal with this and it still wasn't enough.

I'd like to have seen at least one of them in the side, if not two. I think giving them a chance is important, or at the very least, some of them 20-30 minutes minimum. But I think there's a question mark there on how far our current batch of kids can go, perhaps with the majority of them looking at League One or League Two at best. It was the same story after we were relegated last season, we didn't play any of them and the only reason we didn't must have been because we didn't think they were good enough.

I think that's more accurate than fantastical allegations re Harry's desire to boost Rosie's bank account.

Hitchcock has played 15 minutes from 2 sub appearances. 1 goal in that time does not a Championship player make. Even Antonio German scored for us and still he can't trap a bag of cement.
I didn't see last night's game, but Sharif sounded lively in his 30 minute cameo.
Harriman has had 1 full competitive game for us but is gaining experience at Gillingham.
Andrade and Balanta jave also had a few games for us, but nobody is touting them as the future.

The fact is that for most of the youngsters they may develop faster on loan at L1 or L2 clubs and, after that, we might have a better idea which ones have a realistic chance.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 13:38 - Aug 28 with 1000 viewsbaz_qpr

I think there is a case in the wide positions for Sharif and Andrade(who I think is the better prospect)

The cupboard is totally bare when it comes to a replacement for Zamora, Skapetis, Hitchcock etc are all small nippy fox in the box type players, and we need someone who can lead the line and hold the ball up a bit
Login to get fewer ads

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 14:12 - Aug 28 with 968 viewssimmo

Leave

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 14:23 - Aug 28 with 953 viewsShotKneesHoop

Me and 18,331 others believe it.

'Arry is just not interested in the juniors, see the way Harriman has been marginalised after one MOM game last season.

Hitchcock has scored the same number of league goals in three minutes on the pitch that SWP has in 3,000,000,000 minutes of "putting in a shift" i.e running around being totally useless.

A proper manager would be grooming our juniors into the team, not shop windowing every misfit that our Tone has bought, hoping that there are still idiots out there with more money than sense who want to buy them.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 14:24 - Aug 28 with 950 viewsNW5Hoop

Was interested to finally see Shariff last night. Then disappointed to see he seemed to regard every pass to him as a chance to do a trick.
What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 14:50 - Aug 28 with 926 viewsNorthernr

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 14:24 - Aug 28 by NW5Hoop

Was interested to finally see Shariff last night. Then disappointed to see he seemed to regard every pass to him as a chance to do a trick.

Neil SI and me went to see the second string at St Albans a summer or two back and Shariff played right in front of us on the wing that night. He did that fcking back flick trick about half a million times across the 90 minutes. Bloody loves it. Why get the ball under control and pass it to a team mate when you can get on the Soccer AM showboat with a back flick?

Simply put, they're not good enough. The system at QPR is not conducive to producing good young talent. I'd have picked Hitchock with Austin last night because I fail to see the point in continuing to select Zamora. Could also make a really good case for Ehmer to have been given a game at centre back and rest Clint Hill.

But other than that and Harriman, where are all these brilliant youngsters pressing for first team action? I just don't see them. Not Redknapp's fault.
What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 14:53 - Aug 28 with 921 viewsJonDoeman

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 14:23 - Aug 28 by ShotKneesHoop

Me and 18,331 others believe it.

'Arry is just not interested in the juniors, see the way Harriman has been marginalised after one MOM game last season.

Hitchcock has scored the same number of league goals in three minutes on the pitch that SWP has in 3,000,000,000 minutes of "putting in a shift" i.e running around being totally useless.

A proper manager would be grooming our juniors into the team, not shop windowing every misfit that our Tone has bought, hoping that there are still idiots out there with more money than sense who want to buy them.

"A proper manager would be grooming our juniors into the team"

Harry's job is getting us promoted, not "grooming" juniors!

It Is What It Is !!

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 14:56 - Aug 28 with 915 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sharif was lively but far from champ standard was better than I thought he would be to be fair.

By the way that tackle from Shaun was brilliant and he took a knock in the process.

Note to R block don't slag of the midgets or they gets annoyed

Did make me laugh when they were dishing it out but didn't like it back from someone who looked 14.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2013 15:03]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 16:59 - Aug 28 with 848 viewsBostonR

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 14:50 - Aug 28 by Northernr

Neil SI and me went to see the second string at St Albans a summer or two back and Shariff played right in front of us on the wing that night. He did that fcking back flick trick about half a million times across the 90 minutes. Bloody loves it. Why get the ball under control and pass it to a team mate when you can get on the Soccer AM showboat with a back flick?

Simply put, they're not good enough. The system at QPR is not conducive to producing good young talent. I'd have picked Hitchock with Austin last night because I fail to see the point in continuing to select Zamora. Could also make a really good case for Ehmer to have been given a game at centre back and rest Clint Hill.

But other than that and Harriman, where are all these brilliant youngsters pressing for first team action? I just don't see them. Not Redknapp's fault.

Along with most of the professional clubs Rangers have not produced a decent junior since Gallen. There is a very good reason for this.
All English clubs over the past 10-12 yrs have scouted "athletes" not footballers. Most scouts I came across on a Sunday morning watching junior football, for may years always chased down the fastest, biggest and strongest boys-not the footballers.
I watched junior football for years and the best footballers NEVER got scouted. There are a large number of technically brilliant boys out there probably playing in a Saturday league who should have got into and through the system. You can coach a boy to be fit but you cannot coach the real technical ability.
It's no wonder the clubs do not want to have a proper discussion because they all know they made a huge mistake over the past 10-12 yrs. I do not beleive for one moment that we do not have boys as good as Xavi or Ineista. We do, they were just labelled too small and side-lined.
What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 18:12 - Aug 28 with 787 viewsNW5Hoop

What do the youngsters need to do to get a chance? on 14:50 - Aug 28 by Northernr

It's not even a very good back flick, is it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024