Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toon 12:10 - Apr 10 with 3472 viewsToast_R

I'd say they're gone with Villa now. What's the betting we'll have to go there on a sodding Tuesday night next season?

Wigwam back back an all, that's an arse ache too.

Toon on 13:10 - Apr 10 with 2771 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'd say you're right. The only place left to decide is Sunderland or Norwich. I'd prefer to see Norwich go down.

Similar in the Championship. The three in the zone now are the three going down. Even the Dons have to get three wins more than a team above them with only five games left, never mind their crappy goal difference. Suck it up, boys!

Oh, and Rotherham, you owe Neil a fcking big drink!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Toon on 14:21 - Apr 10 with 2703 viewsQPRDave

Yep I reckon they're toast,......er Toast!
Can see Farmers Utd coming with them, Sunderland have a better chance of getting goals
Toon on 14:34 - Apr 10 with 2668 viewsQPR_Jim

I'd like to see Sunderland go down, they have some big name players and some hefty wages up there so more likely to need a complete rebuild if relegated which will hopefully put them in no position to challenge at the top of the championship.
Toon on 14:54 - Apr 10 with 2628 viewsisawqpratwcity

Toon on 14:34 - Apr 10 by QPR_Jim

I'd like to see Sunderland go down, they have some big name players and some hefty wages up there so more likely to need a complete rebuild if relegated which will hopefully put them in no position to challenge at the top of the championship.

Very fair comment. My preference for Norwich to be relegated is pure personal irritation.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Toon on 15:00 - Apr 10 with 2616 viewsQPRDave

The one thing that Sunderland have in their favour if they get relegated though is Big Sam
Toon on 15:04 - Apr 10 with 2607 viewsQPR_Jim

Toon on 14:54 - Apr 10 by isawqpratwcity

Very fair comment. My preference for Norwich to be relegated is pure personal irritation.

I agree with that, if it was a straight choice I'd want Norwich to go down every time.
Toon on 15:08 - Apr 10 with 2590 viewsQPR_Jim

Toon on 15:00 - Apr 10 by QPRDave

The one thing that Sunderland have in their favour if they get relegated though is Big Sam

I think he may leave if they're relegated, he only had a two year contract.
Toon on 15:36 - Apr 10 with 2543 viewsQPRDave

Toon on 15:08 - Apr 10 by QPR_Jim

I think he may leave if they're relegated, he only had a two year contract.

Ah right Jim, yeah maybe he would leave.

Someone metioned Wigan coming back up, I think those jolly littles chappies from Bermondsey will be decent bet for the PO's too....another derby we never seem to win
Login to get fewer ads

Toon on 15:47 - Apr 10 with 2510 viewsdaveB

said back in January they would go, they made the same mistake as us signing loads of flair players and left them selves with no defence. They'll piss the championship next year though
Toon on 15:49 - Apr 10 with 2498 viewsBoston

Toon on 15:47 - Apr 10 by daveB

said back in January they would go, they made the same mistake as us signing loads of flair players and left them selves with no defence. They'll piss the championship next year though

Who...Millwall?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Toon on 16:16 - Apr 10 with 2444 viewsQPR_Jim

Toon on 15:47 - Apr 10 by daveB

Also like us?

I can see a lot of players needing to leave due to wages, wanting to leave for their career and some of those that stay not giving it their full effort, so even if they keep a lot of those players I would assume it will be a struggle to get in the play-offs.
Toon on 21:50 - Apr 10 with 2291 viewsLadbrokeR

It's the great view of the game that gets me
Toon on 21:58 - Apr 10 with 2274 viewsNorthernr

How many of Newcastle's league games on the TV next season? Think it was 27 of the 46 last time.
Toon on 22:15 - Apr 10 with 2254 viewsdaveB

Toon on 16:16 - Apr 10 by QPR_Jim

Also like us?

I can see a lot of players needing to leave due to wages, wanting to leave for their career and some of those that stay not giving it their full effort, so even if they keep a lot of those players I would assume it will be a struggle to get in the play-offs.

They'll keep a fair few of them, lets be honest who is going to want these players and they should do well in the championship if they bring in some championship experience, much like us when we went down under Redknapp, I think they'll have the biggest wage bill and should go up next year
Toon on 23:09 - Apr 10 with 2196 viewsNorthernr

Toon on 22:15 - Apr 10 by daveB

They'll keep a fair few of them, lets be honest who is going to want these players and they should do well in the championship if they bring in some championship experience, much like us when we went down under Redknapp, I think they'll have the biggest wage bill and should go up next year

They'll go straight back, ignoring FFP as they do.
Toon on 08:49 - Apr 11 with 2073 viewsToast_R

Bit of an odd one for them, they've shown little desire or fight so could well struggle in the Championship. Also is the fat Waiter likely to be there, probably not you'd think? They'd have to hire someone else which has never been Mike Ashley's strongest point.

Last time they went down at least they had a few players who knew what it was about in Smith, Routledge, Taylor, Carroll and dare I say it Barton. Just don't seen that with them now. If they don't hit the ground running you can see their fans to cracking the sh*ts pretty quick.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 8:52]
Toon on 08:55 - Apr 11 with 2061 viewsrsonist

Toon on 08:49 - Apr 11 by Toast_R

Bit of an odd one for them, they've shown little desire or fight so could well struggle in the Championship. Also is the fat Waiter likely to be there, probably not you'd think? They'd have to hire someone else which has never been Mike Ashley's strongest point.

Last time they went down at least they had a few players who knew what it was about in Smith, Routledge, Taylor, Carroll and dare I say it Barton. Just don't seen that with them now. If they don't hit the ground running you can see their fans to cracking the sh*ts pretty quick.

Benitez has a release clause if/when they go down. Shame cos him in the Champ would have been fcking hilarious.
Toon on 09:16 - Apr 11 with 2028 viewsstevec

Looking at the 3 coming down and their likely expenditure in getting back up I'd say the Consolidation Crowd may be in for a further treat in 2016/17.
Toon on 09:30 - Apr 11 with 1995 viewsCamberleyR

Toon on 08:49 - Apr 11 by Toast_R

This.

They had a good spine of English/British players and in addition to the players Toast mentions, Harper the keeper, Danny Simpson, Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan.

Just looking at one of their home games that season at random on Soccerbase and there are 9 English players in the starting XI. I don't think it'll be as easy for them as some are thinking, it'll be a massive culture shock, should they keep hold of them, for some of the foreign players.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Toon on 09:39 - Apr 11 with 1977 viewsLowerloftLad

Hope not its one of the few games I plan to get to next season hope its not December 3rd either as that's my wedding day😂

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Toon on 10:20 - Apr 11 with 1949 viewspaulparker

I have a sneaky feeling they will stay up , so much so I had a fiver on them at 15-2 yesterday (that's them fcuked)

if they do go down I really don't see them coming back up at the 1st attempt
Townsend, Shelvey would defo be off and I couldn't see there foreign players ready for a season in the championship , add fan unrest at the chairman and another rebuilding job it could be a long season for them next year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Toon on 13:31 - Apr 11 with 1828 viewsthorpebankR

Backed them at 11-2 at start of season to go down. Although I think they could still stay up. Home against palace with Pardew potentially relegating them should be interesting.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 19:08]
Toon on 13:38 - Apr 11 with 1795 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes, bang in trouble now.
At the risk of repeating myself again though I think Norwich with an unchanged manager would be a much bigger threat next season so I hope they stay up.
Toon on 14:27 - Apr 11 with 1727 viewsichbinnaughty

I'd like to see that fat bearded geordie tosser on youtube 'reviewing' their relegation.
The fat geordie tosser.
Toon on 15:30 - Apr 11 with 1669 viewsadhoc_qpr

Newcastle and Sunderland would probably both be in a real mess if relegated - likely change of manager and big player turnaround.

Villa will definitely be a mess.

I agree that Norwich would probably keep their manager and a largely unchanged team (maybe lose Redmond) and would be a big contender for promotion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024