Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budget. 19:31 - Nov 22 with 1495 viewsBrightonhoop

Good or bad?

Growth figures are concerning in that things wont be as 'strong and good' as this year again until 2022, 5 years of contracting growth. Equates to a £50 Billion loss to the economy in that time.

And odd that the 'no money tree' churned out £3 Billion more for Brexit, considerably more than the NHS will get.

£44 Billion on Housing unless I've misunderstood is positive. As is the scrapping stamp duty for first time buyers up to £300,000.

Astonishing there's still no pay rises for the public sector after all these years.
Budget. on 19:40 - Nov 22 with 1484 viewsjohncharles

I’ve stopped believing anything a Tory says a long time ago.

Strong and stable my arse.

Budget. on 20:01 - Nov 22 with 1457 viewsTonto

£3Bn for 3 years on Brexit on top of a £40Bn divorce bill? What a complete and utter waste of money. Money that really COULD have been spent on the NHS instead of Boris and Nige’s made up crapnthey put on the side of their bus.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Budget. on 20:05 - Nov 22 with 1450 viewsBklynRanger

I only got an E in my A-level economics, so don't quote me on this but it would appear that we're a bit fcuked.

I'll tell you what else is fcuked - Channel 4 News. Jon Snow loosing his marbles, lurching out of some peaceful daydream to yell madness at his guest and interrupt him every 5 words; blokes opening doors in the background then running back into them; lights getting shone around, people in the shot. It's a spectacularly clever analogy of the state of these islands.
Budget. on 20:08 - Nov 22 with 1445 viewseasthertsr

What we are seeing is a Government in its last desperate attempts to cling to power.Does anybody on here really think this budget does anything to help me or you? Seven long years of austerity have sucked the life out of the people. Year on year cuts in education, NHS etc. have resulted in voters angry that they bear the brunt of the policy whilst the rich get away scot free. We have had enough!
Budget. on 20:24 - Nov 22 with 1422 viewsNorthernr

Shall I save us the bother?

Half the posters will think it's great, dismiss any criticism of it as BBC bias or the work of limp wristed liberals who need educating on how an economy works, and remind us that Labour's plan would absolutely shaft the country for years to come.

The other half will think it's a disgusting attack on the common man, dismiss any support of it as BBC bias or the work of closet racists and bigots, and remind us that millions of pensioners are freezing to death in their homes watching Coronation Street every night.

Thread will go on for four pages, nobody will listen to any of the other points of view, nobody will change their mind or cede any ground, few people get aggressive with each other, everybody will still ensconced in the same position they were to start with by the time it drifts down the board.
Budget. on 20:42 - Nov 22 with 1383 viewsBushRanger82

East is East, West is West, and never the twain shall meet.

I'm with the 'what a shit budget' brigade.
Budget. on 20:44 - Nov 22 with 1374 viewsYorkRanger

Budget. on 20:24 - Nov 22 by Northernr

Half the posters will think it's great, dismiss any criticism of it as BBC bias or the work of limp wristed liberals who need educating on how an economy works, and remind us that Labour's plan would absolutely shaft the country for years to come.

The other half will think it's a disgusting attack on the common man, dismiss any support of it as BBC bias or the work of closet racists and bigots, and remind us that millions of pensioners are freezing to death in their homes watching Coronation Street every night.

Thread will go on for four pages, nobody will listen to any of the other points of view, nobody will change their mind or cede any ground, few people get aggressive with each other, everybody will still ensconced in the same position they were to start with by the time it drifts down the board.

Yep and what about Pulis?
Budget. on 20:48 - Nov 22 with 1362 viewsQPR_John

Could not agree more but it is not only the posters on this message board. I've seen a good few budgets over the years and it is always the same Government of whatever colour introduces the Budget as the way forward and the opposition debunks it mercilessly regardless of its contents.
Login to get fewer ads

Budget. on 21:34 - Nov 22 with 1329 viewsBrightonhoop

Probably accurate, and I did have that in mind when remarking, genuinely not wanting to see it descend into yet nother bun fight, and interested to know what others think. He's chopped growth for next year by 25% stating growth will not be as good as it is now for another 5 years. 5 years to get back to growth of today.... If a Company did that to their growth forcast the shares would collapse that same day. It's a bit alarming. And hopefully worthy of discussion by those much more educated on economics than me.
Budget. on 21:51 - Nov 22 with 1314 viewseasthertsr

It's called democracy Norths, it's how things work. There is also I think there an assumption that the centre hold the moral ground in politics and those who occupy views on the left or right are to be dismissed with a patronising wave off. Our views are just as much genuinely held and we will argue them because that's what we believe.
Budget. on 22:51 - Nov 22 with 1254 viewsdanehoop

Budget. on 21:51 - Nov 22 by easthertsr

It's called democracy Norths, it's how things work. There is also I think there an assumption that the centre hold the moral ground in politics and those who occupy views on the left or right are to be dismissed with a patronising wave off. Our views are just as much genuinely held and we will argue them because that's what we believe.

I have inherited some moral ground you say? Is it valuable?

Never knowingly understood

Budget. on 23:05 - Nov 22 with 1233 viewsSimonJames

Was there any FFP relief?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Budget. on 23:27 - Nov 22 with 1206 viewskensalriser

It saddens me to think that pensioners are freezing to death while watching Corrie.

Can't they find something better on the telly?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Budget. on 01:04 - Nov 23 with 1152 viewsLythamR

"As is the scrapping stamp duty for first time buyers up to £300,000.

Astonishing there's still no pay rises for the public sector after all these years."

you could argue that the money for public sector workers has been given away in the scrapping of stamp duty

they have gone after the young conservatives in this budget to the detriment of others, the young upwardly mobile traditional tory voters they have recently lost or in danger of losing. Firemen, nurses, school teachers not so much
Budget. on 08:00 - Nov 23 with 1046 viewsElHoop

Budget. on 20:01 - Nov 22 by Tonto

£3Bn for 3 years on Brexit on top of a £40Bn divorce bill? What a complete and utter waste of money. Money that really COULD have been spent on the NHS instead of Boris and Nige’s made up crapnthey put on the side of their bus.

It wasn't on Farage's battle bus was it?

The budget looks pretty watertight in that there are no glaring errors and he's tackled some of the Universal Credits issues and also has tried to help first time buyers get into the housing market. He's set aside money for Brexit, he hasn't spent it. It's a budget - that's what you do in budgets. Not much else of note but I think that a quiet budget is fine right now. Plenty of other stuff to worry about.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 8:01]
Budget. on 08:13 - Nov 23 with 1036 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Spectacularly accurate
Budget. on 08:20 - Nov 23 with 1026 viewsDorse

Excellent analysis, however, you forgot to mention the element that will post oblique references to budgie smugglers or threats to local fauna.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 8:21]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Budget. on 09:09 - Nov 23 with 969 viewsWestbourneR

Budget. on 20:05 - Nov 22 by BklynRanger

I only got an E in my A-level economics, so don't quote me on this but it would appear that we're a bit fcuked.

I'll tell you what else is fcuked - Channel 4 News. Jon Snow loosing his marbles, lurching out of some peaceful daydream to yell madness at his guest and interrupt him every 5 words; blokes opening doors in the background then running back into them; lights getting shone around, people in the shot. It's a spectacularly clever analogy of the state of these islands.

Channel 4 News has always been like that. It's what makes it great.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024