Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incredible 17:35 - Aug 3 with 3827 viewsStoicHoop

That was one of the best away performances I’ve seen in years. At times we played thrilling, attacking football, with Bright Samuel in particular terrorising his full back, twisting him one way then the other. Cameron relished taking control of the midfield and his raking cross field ball from left to right resulted in Bright Samuel’s looping cross over the stranded Butland which Hugill tucked in - and Stoke never recovered. Their fans were stunned. The centre backs, Barbet and Hall were calm and comfortable and the whole team played measured passes (apart from Scowen, who was out of touch) that were unrecognisable from last season.

But the absolute highlight was Eze’s magnificent goal, great passing in the build up, a sublime dribble (a la Stan Bowles) and the coolest of finishes.

Warburton was constantly urging them on and we only looked vulnerable when Bright Samuel and Hugill went off, meaning we went a bit deep for the last 15. It wouldn’t be our team without some big injury time scares.

But the BFG helped us hold on and the players were clearly as elated at the end as the fans were by the performance. And so they should be!!
Incredible on 17:38 - Aug 3 with 3762 viewsDejR_vu

Wish I could have been there.

Certainly far more optimistic about this season now. We just need to make sure we don’t get ahead of ourselves and build on a great start.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Incredible on 17:40 - Aug 3 with 3730 viewsstevec

Great stuff.

If anyone can get this team passing and moving it’s Warburton but I wasn’t expecting a result or performance like you describe this soon.
Incredible on 17:42 - Aug 3 with 3692 viewsStoicHoop

I know and early season always throws up odd results, but what excited me was how comfortable we looked on the ball, with some great touches and raking passes (Eze step forward). I also like Hugill, stronger than I realised, but comfortable on the ball. But the real revelation was seeing the pace the team has. We’ve not seen this for a long while
Incredible on 17:44 - Aug 3 with 3661 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Superb. Absolutely superb. Gutted, working today for a game about 6 miles from home. Hate Sjoke almost as much as I love QPR. So great day all round.
Incredible on 17:47 - Aug 3 with 3602 viewsStoicHoop

The Stoke fans on the walk to the car are speechless. They honestly thought they were going to do us 5-0!
Incredible on 17:50 - Aug 3 with 3545 viewsbosh67

Amos will need a few games to really get to it but holy sh*t that boy can move. Unbelievable pace in the middle. Unbelievable over the first 20 yards. Leaves players standing and catches others in 6 paces.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Incredible on 17:56 - Aug 3 with 3456 viewsonlyrinmoray

I had a fiver on him to score today and was half thinking of putting a fiver on Smyth...…………… I didn't
Incredible on 17:57 - Aug 3 with 3450 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brilliant seeing these posts - but first day and all that. Regardless, a win at Stoke is always a great result - one of the few away grounds we actually seem to do well at!

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Incredible on 17:59 - Aug 3 with 3414 viewsStoicHoop

Amos is a really class act. No coincidence that we lost some momentum when he went off
Incredible on 18:22 - Aug 3 with 3192 viewsWatford_Ranger

Incredible on 17:47 - Aug 3 by StoicHoop

The Stoke fans on the walk to the car are speechless. They honestly thought they were going to do us 5-0!

Yeah heard a lot of that before the game but considering the players they have on paper they were awful. Not going up with Federici if Butland is off. Bloody mutants.

Brilliant performance. Hard to pick a MOTM. Eze’s goal was just beautiful.
Incredible on 18:27 - Aug 3 with 3124 viewsenfieldargh

We played like a team with a style of play that was refreshing to eat h

Great to see all the players encouraging each other

The movement off the ball was also superb

We are going to give sons teams bloody noses this season

Cameron intense in midfield as where the ga h 4
Hugill is a real threat and enact fir defenders with great home up play

Eze slick and cool on the ball and what a goal
Early days I know

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Incredible on 18:28 - Aug 3 with 3100 viewsRangersw12

A fantastic performance , we bossed the game and only looked uncomfortable in the last 10 mins

Bright , Eze and Cameron were all 8 out of 10's
Incredible on 18:35 - Aug 3 with 3029 viewsEsox_Lucius

Back to back away wins too. It's been a while hasn't it?

The grass is always greener.

Incredible on 18:58 - Aug 3 with 2835 viewsStoicHoop

Also loved the way Nathan Jones got progressively more frantic on the touch line and the brilliant atmosphere in our end
Incredible on 19:27 - Aug 3 with 2640 viewsnedflanders

I was in the stoke end (unfortunately) and was finding it v difficult not to join in the celebrations. The excellent away support was commented on by a number of Stoke supporters around me.
Incredible on 19:36 - Aug 3 with 2560 viewsTonto

Also only one drawn game in the entire championship and only one game where a team won by more than one goal.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Incredible on 19:59 - Aug 3 with 2412 viewsdavman

I hope this carries on and I hope my pre-season view ends up, like many of my views, as a pile of trash.

Fantastic result to start the season!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024